2023 NFL Season

Discuss sports, sporting events, sporting personalities, your teams, etc...
LAYNE SLETVET
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Re: 2023 NFL Season

Post by LAYNE SLETVET »

GO COWBOYS!!
sugardaddy
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by sugardaddy »

LAYNE SLETVET wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:53 pm GO COWBOYS!!
Yes Sir :salut: :salut:
ziggity hoo
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by ziggity hoo »

Not a Shannon Sharpe fan but he nailed it with Jameis Winston. Loser player loser mentality.
joma5477
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by joma5477 »

Is there a bigger dipshit announcer than Aikman? He loves saying innnnn....
His Majesty
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by His Majesty »

joma5477 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:19 pm Is there a bigger dipshit announcer than Aikman? He loves saying innnnn....
Not an announcer, (He's a TV analyst) but Gronk ranks way up there.
Legba007
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Legba007 »

Will Anderson named NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year. Pete Golding; He should serve time on a chain gang, picking up trash for how he used Will his JR year.
LAYNE SLETVET
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by LAYNE SLETVET »

Not my team but GO LIONS.
PsychoElder

Post by PsychoElder »

LAYNE SLETVET wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 7:26 pm Not my team but GO LIONS.

I’m with you on that one. Would love to see them win it all.
LAYNE SLETVET
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by LAYNE SLETVET »

PsychoElder wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:13 pm

Me too, I used to watch Jared Goff's dad Jerry play high school baseball, stud athlete. And before he passed away my Dad even refereed some of Jared's high school football games. My Dad was a big deal when it came to high school sports officiating. One of his friends was Ron Blum who was once an NFL official.
PsychoElder

Post by PsychoElder »

LAYNE SLETVET wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:30 pm

Me too, I used to watch Jared Goff's dad Jerry play high school baseball, stud athlete. And before he passed away my Dad even refereed some of Jared's high school football games. My Dad was a big deal when it came to high school sports officiating. One of his friends was Ron Blum who was once an NFL official.
Cool story, thanks for sharing.
LAYNE SLETVET
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by LAYNE SLETVET »

PsychoElder wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:41 pm

Yep did you catch this by chance, kinda interesting. https://www.sbnation.com/2024/1/23/2404 ... -49ers-nfl
PsychoElder

Post by PsychoElder »

LAYNE SLETVET wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:48 pm
PsychoElder wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:41 pm

Yep did you catch this by chance, kinda interesting. https://www.sbnation.com/2024/1/23/2404 ... -49ers-nfl
I saw that story lol.
joma5477

Post by joma5477 »

Ooh....how excite! Another riveting Super Bowl with the same ol' same ol'! Can't wait to see how this one plays out! I think I'm gonna root for 'I don't care' over 'I don't give a fuck' this time around... Also can't wait to see Tay Tay every 30 seconds! Gonna be a good one!
His Majesty
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by His Majesty »

joma5477 wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 5:52 pm Ooh....how excite! Another riveting Super Bowl with the same ol' same ol'! Can't wait to see how this one plays out! I think I'm gonna root for 'I don't care' over 'I don't give a fuck' this time around... Also can't wait to see Tay Tay every 30 seconds! Gonna be a good one!
It's, uh, it's safe to say your team didn't make it to the big dance? I don't know what it is but I just get that vibe. :lol:
joma5477

Post by joma5477 »

His Majesty wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 6:25 am
joma5477 wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 5:52 pm Ooh....how excite! Another riveting Super Bowl with the same ol' same ol'! Can't wait to see how this one plays out! I think I'm gonna root for 'I don't care' over 'I don't give a fuck' this time around... Also can't wait to see Tay Tay every 30 seconds! Gonna be a good one!
It's, uh, it's safe to say your team didn't make it to the big dance? I don't know what it is but I just get that vibe. :lol:
Oh, they definitely didn't...what else is new there? But the post still stands. KC has lost their charm...they're the new Patriots. And San Fran is about as exciting to see in the Super Bowl yet again as Pittsburgh would be (sorry PE.) The Lions would have been fun. I don't like the Ravens, but at least they haven't been there constantly the last 5 years. Not really anything interesting about this game. Ooh...the rematch! Better get some extra lube for this one!
His Majesty
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by His Majesty »

joma5477 wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 7:44 am KC has lost their charm...they're the new Patriots.
Oh they're far from that. They've only won 3 Super Bowls, 2 in the modern era. That's 1 less than The Packers. Remember when the Steelers and Cowboys and 49ers and Patriots used to win every fucking super bowl? KC has a long way to go before they reach that level of greatness.

It reminds me to the 1990s when people were upset with the Bulls for being so fucking awesome and winning everything. If a team has a great coach, a phenom, and a fantastic group of supporting players, this sort of thing will happen. It's textbook.
LAYNE SLETVET
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by LAYNE SLETVET »

joma5477 wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 7:44 am
Oh, they definitely didn't...what else is new there? But the post still stands. KC has lost their charm...they're the new Patriots. And San Fran is about as exciting to see in the Super Bowl yet again as Pittsburgh would be (sorry PE.) The Lions would have been fun. I don't like the Ravens, but at least they haven't been there constantly the last 5 years. Not really anything interesting about this game. Ooh...the rematch! Better get some extra lube for this one!
Ya just read where there's only 12 starters between both teams from their last SB matchup, so big rematch indeed :lol: Can't stand those clowns Kelce or Kittle either.
PsychoElder

Post by PsychoElder »

Ha ha, you had me laughing Joma. I believe the Steelers are a long way from ever playing in another Super Bowl. As for this upcoming Super Bowl I gotta go with the Chiefs as much as I don’t want to. I’m tired of them too but I don’t want San Francisco tying Pittsburgh with 6 titles. It’s bad enough that we have to share that distinction with the fucking Patriots.
joma5477

Post by joma5477 »

CMC = Biff from Back To The Future...
LAYNE SLETVET
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by LAYNE SLETVET »

HEY NINERS - SUCK IT
His Majesty
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by His Majesty »

ziggity hoo
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by ziggity hoo »

PsychoElder wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:34 am

Ha ha, you had me laughing Joma. I believe the Steelers are a long way from ever playing in another Super Bowl. As for this upcoming Super Bowl I gotta go with the Chiefs as much as I don’t want to. I’m tired of them too but I don’t want San Francisco tying Pittsburgh with 6 titles. It’s bad enough that we have to share that distinction with the fucking Patriots.
Well Pittsburgh didn't deserve the SB over Seattle so Pittsburgh should only have 5 if that makes you feel better
ziggity hoo
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by ziggity hoo »

Super Bowl proved there is levels in this game. Mahomes is several levels above Brock Purdy. Poor Brock dreams of getting a $40million contract but is looking like a system QB. Steve Spagnuolo is the MVP of this run. Made Baltimore adjust, neutralized SFs big targets. Might be KCs most impressive title since this wasn't a team that was going to hang 40+ points on a team
PsychoElder

Post by PsychoElder »

ziggity hoo wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:10 pm

Well Pittsburgh didn't deserve the SB over Seattle so Pittsburgh should only have 5 if that makes you feel better
Whatever. Last time I looked, Pittsburgh won that game so 6 titles it is.
LAYNE SLETVET
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by LAYNE SLETVET »

PsychoElder wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:03 pm

Damn right 6 rings is SIX RINGS!!
PsychoElder

Post by PsychoElder »

LAYNE SLETVET wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:32 pm
PsychoElder wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:03 pm

Damn right 6 rings is SIX RINGS!!

:salut: