Toy guitar

Dedicated to those who are into all sorts of KISS related collecting. Classic or modern, merchandise or other types of collectibles, it doesn't matter! Seen a cool item for sale somewhere? Post the link in here. Have something for sale or trade, post in this forum! Discuss stuff too! Have a question about some item/product? Ask it here, maybe another KISS fan can help! Posts offering or requesting bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted.
chosenone
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Toy guitar

Post by chosenone »

Anyone know where to find one of these?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PsychoElder
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Re: Toy guitar

Post by PsychoElder »

Sure would like to find another one myself. Mine is in extremely poor shape, I pretty much trashed it as a kid. I still have it but it’s in three pieces unfortunately. Can’t bring myself to throw it out lol.
sugardaddy
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by sugardaddy »

i destroyed about 3 of them in 3 months in 1979
southernkiss
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by southernkiss »

It is a highly coveted collector's item. It may just be a cheap piece of plastic, but in good condition, it can sell for a few grand. There was one on E-bay a few months ago. I do not know if it is still there or not.
Blackwaterrisin
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by Blackwaterrisin »

sugardaddy wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:34 am i destroyed about 3 of them in 3 months in 1979
I had two of them around that time. Did a paul guitar smash with the first one.

This is my grail of Kiss merch.
BlackDiamond67

Post by BlackDiamond67 »

A couple on eBay now. One is sealed and another sans packaging.

Note: sealed guitar went for over $7,000.
southernkiss

Post by southernkiss »

There are also a few variations. One of the variations is the Deluxe Edition. When I was a kid, I had a Muppet Babies plastic guitar made by the same company. I doubt it is worth anywhere near as much as the KISS guitar!
Tanker72B
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by Tanker72B »

In other words, our parents didn't lie, if we behave and are good kids, then we'll be rich as adults! Because if we're good kids who don't break their plastic guitars, we can later on resell them for several months' worth of work!
doombies
Banned

Post by doombies »

i would play that live! no joke :D
stvand13
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by stvand13 »

I have one. not in packaging, but in excellent condition. i might think about selling it. can't bring myself to put it up on ebay or something like that though.
BlackDiamond67

Post by BlackDiamond67 »

stvand13 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:24 pm I have one. not in packaging, but in excellent condition. i might think about selling it. can't bring myself to put it up on ebay or something like that though.
Let me know if you decide to sell it. I would be interested.
stvand13
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by stvand13 »

BlackDiamond67 wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:19 am
stvand13 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:24 pm I have one. not in packaging, but in excellent condition. i might think about selling it. can't bring myself to put it up on ebay or something like that though.
i'll get some pics to post in the next couple days.
BlackDiamond67

Post by BlackDiamond67 »

stvand13 wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:51 am
BlackDiamond67 wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:19 am
i'll get some pics to post in the next couple days.

:thumright:
stvand13
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by stvand13 »

kiss_guitar1.jpg
kiss_guitar2.jpg
kiss_guitar3.jpg
kiss_guitar4.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PsychoElder

Post by PsychoElder »

stvand13 wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:07 pm kiss_guitar1.jpgkiss_guitar2.jpgkiss_guitar3.jpgkiss_guitar4.jpg
Wow that looks fantastic. Would love to come across one in this condition.
stvand13
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by stvand13 »

PsychoElder wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:04 pm
stvand13 wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:07 pm kiss_guitar1.jpgkiss_guitar2.jpgkiss_guitar3.jpgkiss_guitar4.jpg
Wow that looks fantastic. Would love to come across one in this condition.
I am considering selling it.
PsychoElder

Post by PsychoElder »

BlackDiamond67 should have the first shot at it since he mentioned it first. It really looks awesome, you took good care of it.
stvand13
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by stvand13 »

PsychoElder wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:17 pm BlackDiamond67 should have the first shot at it since he mentioned it first. It really looks awesome, you took good care of it.
absolutely. I would much rather see it go to one of you folks on here than posting it on Ebay.
BlackDiamond67

Post by BlackDiamond67 »

Hello, sorry for not checking here lately.
I am definitely interested.
Private message me if you like.
stvand13
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by stvand13 »

BlackDiamond67 wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:11 pm Hello, sorry for not checking here lately.
apparently i'm not authorized to pm on here...
BlackDiamond67

Post by BlackDiamond67 »

stvand13 wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:56 pm
BlackDiamond67 wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:11 pm Hello, sorry for not checking here lately.
apparently i'm not authorized to pm on here...
NM.
Last edited by BlackDiamond67 on Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
godofthunder1969
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by godofthunder1969 »

I would also be interested in giving this a new home if things came down to that!
KISSFACE
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by KISSFACE »

How do they sound in the hands of actual guitar players?

The body shape does now remind me of one of Paul's Silvertone guitars.
stvand13
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by stvand13 »

godofthunder1969 wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 8:16 pm
I would also be interested in giving this a new home if things came down to that!
i still have it
PsychoElder

Post by PsychoElder »

I may be interested if nobody else jumps on it.
godofthunder1969
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by godofthunder1969 »

@stvand13 I sent you a PM but I saw a comment above that you might be having trouble with them so let me know if you can't see it.

stvand13 wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:20 pm
godofthunder1969 wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 8:16 pm
i still have it
GrapeApe64
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by GrapeApe64 »

I wonder if anyone has "Re-Created" a real working electric guitar like this. Hmmm...
stvand13
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by stvand13 »

Going on Ebay next weekend....
CHRIS ARMY

Post by CHRIS ARMY »

Blackwaterrisin wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:59 am
sugardaddy wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:34 am i destroyed about 3 of them in 3 months in 1979
I had two of them around that time. Did a paul guitar smash with the first one.

This is my grail of Kiss merch.
Ha! I did the same thing. I got it for Christmas and me and a friend would always do Kiss shows in my bedroom to the music. He would beat drumsticks on my bicycle seat while I jumped around with my guitar. One day, we had a few other kids to come in and watch us. I got more into it because we had an audience. And, at the end, I broke it over my knee.
b.monkey4
Banned

Post by b.monkey4 »

I have one still sealed, box version not card.
Got it from a woman who worked in the factory where they were made.
She’d had it in her loft for 35 years.
KISS79
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by KISS79 »

I don't bother with any KISS merch released after 1990, the 1970's ACOIN ERA stuff is the best.

The TOY GUITAR (My Uncle & Aunt had a few back then) and the RECORD PLAYER (In The Box) are the 2 Top
"HOLY GRAIL" KISS Memorbillia. If I ever Won the Lottery I'd buy BOTH In The Box Mint Condition but that aint happening as I lose every week. Good on whoiever has these.
PsychoElder

Post by PsychoElder »

KISS79 wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 12:12 pm I don't bother with any KISS merch released after 1990, the 1970's ACOIN ERA stuff is the best.

The TOY GUITAR (My Uncle & Aunt had a few back then) and the RECORD PLAYER (In The Box) are the 2 Top
"HOLY GRAIL" KISS Memorbillia. If I ever Won the Lottery I'd buy BOTH In The Box Mint Condition but that aint happening as I lose every week. Good on whoiever has these.

I would like to come across the record player as well. Never seen one in person.
KISS79
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by KISS79 »

PsychoElder wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 3:07 pm
KISS79 wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 12:12 pm I don't bother with any KISS merch released after 1990, the 1970's ACOIN ERA stuff is the best.

I would like to come across the record player as well. Never seen one in person.
I seen one behind a glass window/shrine at a Record Store in Downtown Vancouver BC at a place called COLLECTORS RPM, it had tons of Aucoin era 1970s vintage stuff, Toy Guitar, Record Player, Mego Dolls etc etc etc, I stared at that window when I would go there (Usually 2 times a month) for a half hour just dreaming about owning it. It was sad when the real estate started to really drive the prices in Vancouver up in Mis 1990s and it closed down, the 2 owners weren't getting along, I know 1 of the owners still 2 this day i keep in touch ALAIN GLOMO lol, he remembered me as a kid in mid 1980s always coming in,i got 2 know him thru years but his partner TOOK ALL the vintage KISS stuff when they accumalated together as they had a 50/50 so ALAIN basically got MAGIC'd outta his share.

i've never seen the record player in person since but saw in late 1990s on ebay 1 in the origional box for $500 US DOLLARS, I wish I woulda got it.
PsychoElder

Post by PsychoElder »

KISS79 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:58 am

I seen one behind a glass window/shrine at a Record Store in Downtown Vancouver BC at a place called COLLECTORS RPM, it had tons of Aucoin era 1970s vintage stuff, Toy Guitar, Record Player, Mego Dolls etc etc etc, I stared at that window when I would go there (Usually 2 times a month) for a half hour just dreaming about owning it. It was sad when the real estate started to really drive the prices in Vancouver up in Mis 1990s and it closed down, the 2 owners weren't getting along, I know 1 of the owners still 2 this day i keep in touch ALAIN GLOMO lol, he remembered me as a kid in mid 1980s always coming in,i got 2 know him thru years but his partner TOOK ALL the vintage KISS stuff when they accumalated together as they had a 50/50 so ALAIN basically got MAGIC'd outta his share.

i've never seen the record player in person since but saw in late 1990s on ebay 1 in the origional box for $500 US DOLLARS, I wish I woulda got it.

Good luck with your search. Maybe someday you’ll find what you’re looking for.
KISS79
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by KISS79 »

PsychoElder wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:37 am
KISS79 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:58 am

Good luck with your search. Maybe someday you’ll find what you’re looking for.
:thumbup: