"The Tour" Show 1: 7/20/12 - Bristow, VA

KISS Unmasked II
Banned
Banned

Re: "The Tour" Show 1: 7/20/12 - Bristow, VA

Post by KISS Unmasked II »

I shouldn't complain considering we get to see these videos free of charge with virtually instant access, but it does frustrate me when the person filming focuses in on a band member instead of the bigger picture. A great example is the big finale of RARAN with all the explosions and fireworks going off and they are filming Paul standing there swinging his guitar. You miss the spectacle of it. Like I said I shouldn't complain but it happens more often than not with those phone camera amateur videos at concerts. You'd like to see it all but you only see part.
8)
KissShred
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by KissShred »

Someone asked if there were light effects on Eric's drums and yes, there were. The Kiss logos changed colors throughout the show. I must agree that the screen was AMAZING. It was absolutely crystal clear and I found myself watching it more than the band.

The Eric / Tommy solo was really cool. SO much more entertaining that just a drum or guitar solo. Really, really good idea. The highlight of the show for me was probably War Machine. I didn't expect them to play it and it sounded great. Tommy actually pulled off that Vinnie solo, which was impressive.
Paxon
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by Paxon »

I'm sorta bummed about the length of the Kiss set. Anyone know if the curfew will apply in Charlotte?

Did Crue do something to screw up the Kiss time allotment?
totiefields
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by totiefields »

KISS Unmasked II wrote:I shouldn't complain considering we get to see these videos free of charge with virtually instant access, but it does frustrate me when the person filming focuses in on a band member instead of the bigger picture. A great example is the big finale of RARAN with all the explosions and fireworks going off and they are filming Paul standing there swinging his guitar. You miss the spectacle of it. Like I said I shouldn't complain but it happens more often than not with those phone camera amateur videos at concerts. You'd like to see it all but you only see part.
8)
"That's like winning the lottery and complaining about the taxes, or getting to be president and complaining about having to wear a tie."

I've heard that somewhere before. :)
Rockandrolloverman
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by Rockandrolloverman »

Anomaly wrote:
mikeenc wrote:
Rockandrolloverman wrote:
mikeenc wrote:Did anyone else notice in RARAN that Paul is doing the bleeding amp effect? It doesn't look like the blood worked on the amp last night, but the screen graphics back it up.
I noticed him stabbing the left amp with the guitar. Was there blood supposed to come out?

Never heard of a bleeding amp effect.
Paul has been asked in past interviews if there was an effect for him that was never used, and he has mentioned an idea of him stabbing an amp with a guitar and the amp bleeding. On the video screens, they were showing an amp grill that had blood running down it, so I'm guessing that is what is supposed to actually happen as well. (Maybe not...maybe he just stabs it and the screens represent the bleeding.) It's interesting though, because I've seen him speak about the effect and it was kind of an "eye-roll" situation, where he played it off as a rather silly idea...interesting that it's in there now.
I actually think that will be interesting to see, it won't be a focal point of the show but it should be something interesting. 8)
Yes it should.

The bleeding amp graphic on the jumbotron while Paul is actually stabbing the guts out of an actual dummy amp on the stage floor.......???

Brilliant!

It does sound pretty cool, I gotta admit. I hope they do it like this, or some varation, cause as has been said, anything new is as welcome as a drunk whore at a college frat party.
MikeInNC
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by MikeInNC »

I'm guessing that it took abit longer to break down the Motley stage. It is the 1st show and Im sure they will have the kinks worked out soon. I had a blast and cant wait until tomorrow! :)
mikeenc
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by mikeenc »

MikeInNC wrote:I'm guessing that it took abit longer to break down the Motley stage. It is the 1st show and Im sure they will have the kinks worked out soon. I had a blast and cant wait until tomorrow! :)
I had to resist driving to VaBeach today lol
necronomicon

Post by necronomicon »

Anomaly wrote:
Spirited wrote:
Anomaly wrote:
necronomicon wrote:Is it confirmed that the set is only 12 songs?
If they don't screw up the schedule and are able to get the last fifteen minutes in then there should be 14.
Mikeenc posted his times he got from Live Nation for the show he is going to, Kiss is allotted 75 minutes in it too.
Shit, minds as well have KISS go on first. The main headliner should never play a shorter set.
I mean do we have confirmation of a setlist and order from anyone else who was actually at LAST NIGHT'S show?

Correct me if I'm wrong but the original list was a secondhand rumor and potentially incomplete
Ren5150
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Ren5150 »

Ren5150
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Ren5150 »

mrdeuce
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by mrdeuce »

necronomicon wrote:
Anomaly wrote:
Spirited wrote:
Anomaly wrote:
If they don't screw up the schedule and are able to get the last fifteen minutes in then there should be 14.
Mikeenc posted his times he got from Live Nation for the show he is going to, Kiss is allotted 75 minutes in it too.
Shit, minds as well have KISS go on first. The main headliner should never play a shorter set.
I mean do we have confirmation of a setlist and order from anyone else who was actually at LAST NIGHT'S show?

Correct me if I'm wrong but the original list was a secondhand rumor and potentially incomplete
The setlist is accurate for what was played last night. Because of the curfew, and the threat to cut the power, I'm guessing Deuce was dumped from the encore. Maybe Crazy Nights, too? Motley ended up playing for 86 minutes (8:00 - 9:26), if you include the entire processional entrance. Kiss ended up with 74 minutes (10:01 - 11:15). I'm sure they'll work it all out, but I'd love to hear the discussion between the camps about this.
nightflight77

Post by nightflight77 »

Ren5150 wrote:

Thanks for posting. I think Paul sounds good and maybe the people that got all worked up about Paul's voice being shot, time to end it, Paul's hurting him self, a little break.

Oh, and The Tour will never happen and if it does Paul will ruin his voice for ever. I predicted that his voice might even get better as the Tour goes on.

I like the stage show and I like how the lighting rig and video screen is more integrated into the show.
nightflight77

Post by nightflight77 »

Anomaly wrote:
Spirited wrote:
Anomaly wrote:

Minds as well just stop the tour.
Anomaly
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!

Post by Anomaly »

nightflight77 wrote:
Anomaly wrote:
Spirited wrote:
Anomaly wrote:

Minds as well just stop the tour.
Yes because that's perfectly rational. :lol:
KISSTRONAUT
Location: The Kingdom of the Spiders, The Empire of the Ants.

Post by KISSTRONAUT »

mutton pie wrote:
KISSTRONAUT wrote:
Spirited wrote:
mutton pie wrote:Image
Jesus that looks ridiculous.
That is one isolated picture out of many. They can't all be flattering.
Thank you ever so kindly for pointing this out. Although I initially found it to be a pretty fucking funny shot,
your logic has successfully convinced me that it is indeed not humorous in any way, shape, or form. :wink:

I didn't say it wasn't funny, it actually is. I was quoting the guy who said it looked ridiculous. I said they can't all be flattering. I was pointing out how, in my opinion, the rigging should be more stealth. You keep up your funny photos and don't let me upset you.
freak8
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by freak8 »

ANYONE LIKE MOTLEYS STAGE BETTER?

drgbootz

Post by drgbootz »

Both stages shows look very cool, both bands are masters in the live setting. Probably the reason they are together. What a great combo!!
mikeenc

Post by mikeenc »

With regard to the timing, there should be nothing to work out. Clearly all of the facts were known far in advance, including the fact that there would be a third band. There is no reason the start time shouldn't have been 6:30 for all shows to allow for any time overages in changeovers. Also, they had a week to do production rehearsals, so timing between acts should have been one of the things rehearsed. I'm very interested to see what happens tonight and tomorrow night. As I've said earlier, the curfew at our venue here in Raleigh has traditionally always been 11:00, so if KISS is planning to go on at 9:45, then they are planning to play 75 minutes unless there is an extension in place. It does sound like last night ran past 11:00.
wickedkiss
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by wickedkiss »

Is it true that there was no actual fire? the flames that used to make you feel like your in a blast furnace were all on screen...only flash pods?
Rockandrolloverman

Post by Rockandrolloverman »

I saw what looked to be fire to me. The GOT clip has fire pillars galore.

Unless its a hologram.
nearlyhumanoid
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by nearlyhumanoid »

Wait, only 14 songs? I hope that doesn't include a drum solo too. I dunno, given the price of tickets for this tour 14 tunes seems skimpy. I really want to see them again, but I can't stand Crue and $175.00 a ticket for 14 songs is pushing it.

I "know a guy" at PNC Center so I can get tix in the first six-seven rows, so I'll probably go when they come around here in September, but still, for $175 a ticket I figured it'd be a bit of a bigger gig. At least they're not doing "Beth" this time around, though.
MikeInNC
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by MikeInNC »

[quote="wickedkiss"]Is it true that there was no actual fire? the flames that used to make you feel like your in a blast furnace were all on screen...only flash pods?[/quote]
Real. Very warm too.
KISSTRONAUT
Location: The Kingdom of the Spiders, The Empire of the Ants.

Post by KISSTRONAUT »

I'm not a huge Crue fan, but I do like some of their songs, and they are supposed to be a good live show. But the clips I've seen so far of the Virginia show, Vince sounds pretty good to me. Not as bad as everyone was saying he was live.
tcb20
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by tcb20 »

Anybody have a ticket stub they want to get rid of??