KISS pre-order 45th Anniversary Destroyer boxset

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
redinthesky
Might as well be the Admin!
Might as well be the Admin!

Re: KISS pre-order 45th Anniversary Destroyer boxset

Post by redinthesky »

Marty Scurll wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:48 pm WOW! 12 pages and half is discussions about Whitesnake, Pearl jam, Metallica and now Nirvana. What forum is this again? Where do i need to go to discuss the Kiss box set? Taylor Swift Faq?
It ain't over yet, if there's ever a Frampton Comes Alive deluxe box set, I'm gonna revive this thread :)
moshpitwookie
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by moshpitwookie »

redinthesky wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:40 am
Marty Scurll wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:48 pm WOW! 12 pages and half is discussions about Whitesnake, Pearl jam, Metallica and now Nirvana. What forum is this again? Where do i need to go to discuss the Kiss box set? Taylor Swift Faq?
It ain't over yet, if there's ever a Frampton Comes Alive deluxe box set, I'm gonna revive this thread :)
Frampton Comes Alive box set you say?
BarkBlue
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by BarkBlue »

UKPirate wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:54 am Hi everyone. This is my first post so I hope all goes well!

£150 + postage for anyone in the UK - https://thesoundofvinyl.com/*/*/Destroy ... 68B0000000
Thanks for the info. I've already ordered from the official site and the cost is only around £10 (including postage) more expensive but where I'm annoyed at myself is that I'll likely receive it long after those who order from a UK based site.

I do wish they'd been more transparent about its over all availability. That said I 'knew' it would be, so just myself to blame.

Ah well, still excited to get it!
Marty Scurll
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by Marty Scurll »

moshpitwookie wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:46 am
I can't believe that hasn't happened yet?
kiss-1976
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by kiss-1976 »

Marty Scurll wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:39 pm
moshpitwookie wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:46 am
I can't believe that hasn't happened yet?

There's this...

https://www.amazon.com/Frampton-Comes-A ... B000056JYC

But I agree. A Frampton box would be a must buy. Plus, he has all the tracks in his possession...
nightwingken
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Location: Celebrating 12 years whining.Complaining since 2001.

Post by nightwingken »

ImagePodKISSt #191-Destroyer 45th Super Deluxe 4CD-Blu-ray and more!
Join Ken Mills and Gary Shaller as they are excited by a cool new set from KISS! The Destroyer 45th Super Deluxe 4CD-Blu-ray and more! https://shopkissonline.com/collections/ ... cd-blu-ray Thank you Tim Powers for the PSA!

Listen here
http://podkisst.com/?p=4188
kiss-1976
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by kiss-1976 »

This interesting review of the test pressing was posted on Facebook by Michael Koehler from Universal Germany....

Kiss Destroyer 45 the vinyl a Review

Hello wax heads all over the world 🙂
Hope u all had a great start in the weekend !
Today I had the testpressing of the upcoming destroyer in the mail .
It’s actually a abbey road remaster room 30 🙂
The album itself we know since decades and after resurrection I was not expecting any big surprise anymore from this album.
But today changed my impression
The album itself sounds Cristal clear the guitars are really poping out , genes bass lines are clear to here ,some songs fade out a bit longer , every song is a nice lil journey to rediscover this old friend , overall an amazing version of destroyer ,personally my fav version
Record two, for this one I was really Courious, does the content will sound better than what we know on circulating bootleg recordings ?
How the stuff from the kiss box set will sound on vinyl ?
This disc is also Abbey Road mastered
1 God of thunder , like on the box set but great to have it in perfect sound on vinyl
2 Detroit , this version now in a perfect sound i allways liked the fast version
3 love is alright , gene demo ,sweet that some stuff from the gene vault gets a domestic release
4 I don’t want no romance , gene demo , this one also circulated for years but here we get the best version
5 rock n roll Royce Royce , another well known one , sounds so fresh here just great fun to here the demon work on his songs
6 Star , gene Demo , this one is also perfect better than the version I was knowing
7 Beth .. mindblowing when u liked the acoustic version in the phantom movie .. than that’s the real Deal
8 shout it out loud single mix nice and clear sounds fresher than the single box set version
9 king of the nighttime world, oh yes way better than the bootleg versions I know .. great fun to listen how they work on the song
10 Detroit rock city instumental, never heard it like this before … full band , Cristal clear .. on this one u definitely should crank up ur stereo to the max …
11 flaming youth, early version
Goosebumps..let the stereo loud..much better than the version I know .. so brilliant …
12 shout it out loud alternate mix .. man this is Great hearing Paul right and gene left .. awsome awsome and again awsome

After all , what can I say , this is it !
100 000 % a must have

After 40 plus years with destroyer in my live .. Im still the Kid sitting on the floor in my bedroom and looking on this cover for hours …

Ps. This review is just my personal impression and thoughts 😀
DemonFilth2001
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

Well he sounds like a qualified audiophile doesn’t he. Holy crap.
OHKISSFAN
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by OHKISSFAN »

The album itself we know since decades and after resurrection I was not expecting any big surprise anymore from this album.
The album itself sounds Cristal clear the guitars are really poping out , genes bass lines are clear to here ,some songs fade out a bit longer , every song is a nice lil journey to rediscover this old friend , overall an amazing version of destroyer ,personally my fav version
Record two, for this one I was really Courious, does the content will sound better than what we know on circulating bootleg recordings ?
1 God of thunder , like on the box set but great to have it in perfect sound on vinyl
2 Detroit , this version now in a perfect sound i allways liked the fast version
3 love is alright , gene demo ,sweet that some stuff from the gene vault gets a domestic release
4 I don’t want no romance , gene demo , this one also circulated for years but here we get the best version
5 rock n roll Royce Royce , another well known one , sounds so fresh here just great fun to here the demon work on his songs
6 Star , gene Demo , this one is also perfect better than the version I was knowing
7 Beth .. mindblowing when u liked the acoustic version in the phantom movie .. than that’s the real Deal
8 shout it out loud single mix nice and clear sounds fresher than the single box set version
9 king of the nighttime world, oh yes way better than the bootleg versions I know .. great fun to listen how they work on the song
10 Detroit rock city instumental, never heard it like this before … full band , Cristal clear .. on this one u definitely should crank up ur stereo to the max …
Goosebumps..let the stereo loud..much better than the version I know .. so brilliant …
12 shout it out loud alternate mix .. man this is Great hearing Paul right and gene left .. awsome awsome and again awsome

100 000 % a must have
WOW!! Great early detailed review - Can't wait to get mine! Thanks for posting this!
kiss-1976
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by kiss-1976 »

OHKISSFAN wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:35 am

100 000 % a must have
WOW!! Great early detailed review - Can't wait to get mine! Thanks for posting this!
I thought people would be interested in reading about it. I'm especially excited that the album sounds crystal clear and some songs fade out longer.. That was unexpected