KISS pre-order 45th Anniversary Destroyer boxset

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
Curveboy
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Re: KISS pre-order 45th Anniversary Destroyer boxset

Post by Curveboy »

Grand Classic wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:44 am
In the Suds wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:23 am
Curveboy wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:15 am
In the Suds wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:52 pm And it's not like Whitesnake have ever really been a big radio band. How many song do they have that got a lot airplay? Maybe three.
I'd think any band would kill for a song like Here I Go Again, which even today is played on radio, in television shows and movies...
Plus they are out there still recording and touring.
So you agree with Grand Classic that Paul Stanley's problem is that he's not more like David Coverdale? Because that is the context here.
Yes, because Paul Stanley's vocals haven't been a divisive acquired taste for the general public at all vs. more traditional singers given KISS' lack of actual hits over so many albums.

I also mentioned Paul Rodgers, Lou Gramm, Steve Perry, Sammy Hagar and Steven Tyler - who have had REAL hits just like Coverdale.

What the fuck is wrong with you?
I really don’t need you to answer for me…
I don’t think Paul’s voice is divisive or an acquired taste…
I think Whitesnake had better management for one, and a better image for another.
KISS can certainly write and perform to the same (or better) level…but sometimes that just isn’t enough.

What I was agreeing with you on is that David has put out several excellent quality box sets for a very reasonable price.
battra
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!

Post by battra »

sugardaddy wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:52 pm
battra wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:41 pm
misterhand80 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:11 am $200 is great!
For CDs?

No.

$50 is right...maybe $100.

$200 for vinyl would be right.
Agreed. It literally costs a buck....maybe a $1.50 to mass produce a cd. It's overpriced for a cd super deluxe. Not even sure it's limited edition. Naturally I bought 2 of them. :eye:
All of this is accurate.

I love you.
battra

Post by battra »

sugardaddy wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:05 pm
battra wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:44 pm
sugardaddy wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:50 am So compared to the recent Black Sabbath super deluxe reissues which were priced around $80 cheaper, how does Destroyer compare?
Also...why didn't they include a Destroyer show?
They did
Based on dates, yes, it's a Destroyer show, my bad.

Based on setlist though...why did they skip Destroyer, save Flaming Youth????
battra

Post by battra »

Curveboy wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:54 pm
battra wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:06 pm
Thank you for your question and allow me to expoundicate.

A new LP at the absolute worst, will sound as good as any CD/Lossless/whatever. I purchase them as much for the ritual as I do the sound quality, though, I think most of them sound better.

As I've mentioned more than once, I've got a very sweet vinyl setup, largely donated to me by my late father in law, and I've added some little upgrades to it as well.

Music is meant to be heard in 2 channels.

It's always been 2 channels.

Right now, I'm listening to Dream Evil by Dio...my podcast partner and I did Elf today, so I've been cleansing afterwards...

After being cleaned, this LP sounds minty fresh. This record is 35 years old. I mean my copy.

So, in a worst case scenario, I get as good as anybody else, and I get to listen in the special music room, yeah, I'll pay a couple of extra dollars for that. I will also pay to know I have a copy of the music that's mine until I decide otherwise.

And from my experience, you can't brickwall vinyl.
While you maybe can’t brickwall vinyl (debatable) you also get:

Limited dynamic range. Vinyl is about 20-75 dB max, CD is 0 to 90+ dB
Extra compression is added to vinyl to make it fit within said parameters.

Degradation. Vinyl degrades with every play. Every. Play. A CD is forever, or at least as long as you’ll be alive.

Music in 2 channels is enjoyable but made to be heard that way? Is a live show 2 channels or does it envelope your entire being?
I have LPs older than me that sound like god....and I'm 45.

So, you'll understand why I don't think the "LPs gonna degenerate argument" holds no water, though, I pay more for LPs now than CDs then when that argument held water. ;)

A live show is one channel, bud.
Statuegirl21
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by Statuegirl21 »

jmitzel
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by jmitzel »

Spiritual_Chaos wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:01 am
jmitzel wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:24 am
Spiritual_Chaos wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:44 am
jmitzel wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:11 pm Honestly, I am over hearing about Metallica did this and Whitesnake did that on a KISS chat board. Folks seem to forget that the record company has majority to do with deluxe releases, pricing and such; not the bands themselves.
This is painting a false picture.
I agree my original wording may be irrelevant. Metallica has there own record company supposedly so they have full say in all releases; however, KISS is under Universal who is a huge worldwide corporation, so, it makes you wonder how much say does Paul and Gene truly have in there current releases or even how much input they have in them along with final pricing.
I would think KISS is allowed to participate as much as they want to in a release like this. And be in discussion with the label. But not have a Carte Blanche regarding pricing etc.

Pearl Jam had special packaging for their Vitalogy and No Code album covers back in the day, and that ate into the profits of the band and not addedmto the cost of the CD. So I would imagine Universal decide on what they think the market would pay for this and the margin that is needed, but they do not shut KISS out of it saying "we're putting the Paris show in here whether you like it or not -- now hand over those mult-track tapes and that blueprint of your 1976 stage set up Gene!"
Great points! I see where you’re coming from. This is what I enjoy about the Faq is hearing other member’s logical inputs on topics.
jmitzel

Post by jmitzel »

battra wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:34 pm
jmitzel wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:11 pm Honestly, I am over hearing about Metallica did this and Whitesnake did that on a KISS chat board. Folks seem to forget that the record company has majority to do with deluxe releases, pricing and such; not the bands themselves.
1. Metallica did their sets.

2. See number one.
Understood. I clarified that in a later reply.
battra

Post by battra »

Statuegirl21 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:34 pm
battra wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:06 pm Music is meant to be heard in 2 channels.

Man.

There's nothing like some pedantic bullshit in this world to kick out the Sunday right?

But tell ya what home skillet?

You're totally right, there was a time when music was in mono, then stereo came and the next...what 70 fucking years passed?

So...basically, when it comes to recorded music, we have about 10-15 years of quality recorded mono music and the rest is stereo.

Man, what's it like, OH MY GOD!!! THIS MAN WAS WRONG!!!! By 10 years of recorded music.

Before you jump your pedi though, the vast majority of recorded music was shit until 1950ish, right? Recording the music at the wrong speed and shit.

Go on wif ya band self.
MrPaulStanley
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by MrPaulStanley »

I remember 4 channel systems (Quadraphonic) that sounded pretty damn awesome in the 70's (Dark Side of the Moon never sounded better!) And if I'm not mistaken, aren't 6 & 8 channel systems all the rage these days? Maybe that's why this awesome Destroyer 45th Super Deluxe 4CD + Blu-ray box set, the actual topic of discussion, comes with a 5.1 Audio Blu-ray. But what do I know, I'm not an audiophile, I just really dig music and I'm really looking forward to this release.
Statuegirl21
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by Statuegirl21 »

battra wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:40 pm
Statuegirl21 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:34 pm
battra wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:06 pm Music is meant to be heard in 2 channels.

Man.

There's nothing like some pedantic bullshit in this world to kick out the Sunday right?

But tell ya what home skillet?

You're totally right, there was a time when music was in mono, then stereo came and the next...what 70 fucking years passed?

So...basically, when it comes to recorded music, we have about 10-15 years of quality recorded mono music and the rest is stereo.

Man, what's it like, OH MY GOD!!! THIS MAN WAS WRONG!!!! By 10 years of recorded music.

Before you jump your pedi though, the vast majority of recorded music was shit until 1950ish, right? Recording the music at the wrong speed and shit.

Go on wif ya band self.
Lol.

Go and “improve” some more songs on YouTube, tin-ear.
Statuegirl21
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by Statuegirl21 »

MrPaulStanley wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:12 pm I remember 4 channel systems (Quadraphonic) that sounded pretty damn awesome in
They didn’t exist. The resident audio expert here said it’s always been two channels.
sicksickphil

Post by sicksickphil »

battra wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:16 pm
misterhand80 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:11 am $200 is great!
For CDs?

No.

Agreed. It literally costs a buck....maybe a $1.50 to mass produce a cd. It's overpriced for a cd super deluxe. Not even sure it's limited edition. Naturally I bought 2 of them. :eye:
All of this is accurate.

I love you.
Vinyl when produce in the thousands of copies doesn't cost much more than a CD to make.
joma5477
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by joma5477 »

battra wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:01 pm I have only ever purchased one super deluxe boxed set in my life...that was ...And Justice For All by Metallica.

It has:

the album rough mix...aka alternate versions (with the bass I might add)
the album on 180gram vinyl
The album on CD

The riff tape CDs..2 discs of that... I have not listened.
The One 10" picture disc (which is a waste of time for me)
SEATTLE 89 on vinyl!!!!!!!! (an actual ...And Justice For All tour show and the reason why I purchased this set)
CD of interviews
A recreation of the album via demos
CD of all the B sides
Radio Edits
4 live shows on CD

Lars's camcorder footage...I will not watch this.
A contemporary documentary
One Video, One edited video, One live at the grammys
One B Roll...whatever the fuck that is.

2 complete concerts on video

bits and bobs of several others

This costs the same as Kiss's 5 CD set for Destroyer.... I'm sorry, but this is not a win for us the fans.

Kiss Destroyer (again)

15 demos...sweet

Unreleased show...awesome

So...three CDs, the other things, and lots of baubles. They're trying, but they're not succeeding.

Do what Metallica did at the same price point.
If they included a vinyl remaster with bass of ajfa I'd buy the shit...box set or otherwise,, but a rough mix doesn't do it for me. I don't understand why they don't release such a thing... Jars and Lames just want to double-down on their idiotic decision to remove the bass from that album.
sicksickphil

Post by sicksickphil »

battra wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:22 pm
Curveboy wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:54 pm
Thank you for your question and allow me to expoundicate.

A new LP at the absolute worst, will sound as good as any CD/Lossless/whatever. I purchase them as much for the ritual as I do the sound quality, though, I think most of them sound better.

As I've mentioned more than once, I've got a very sweet vinyl setup, largely donated to me by my late father in law, and I've added some little upgrades to it as well.

Right now, I'm listening to Dream Evil by Dio...my podcast partner and I did Elf today, so I've been cleansing afterwards...

After being cleaned, this LP sounds minty fresh. This record is 35 years old. I mean my copy.

So, in a worst case scenario, I get as good as anybody else, and I get to listen in the special music room, yeah, I'll pay a couple of extra dollars for that. I will also pay to know I have a copy of the music that's mine until I decide otherwise.

And from my experience, you can't brickwall vinyl.
While you maybe can’t brickwall vinyl (debatable) you also get:

Limited dynamic range. Vinyl is about 20-75 dB max, CD is 0 to 90+ dB
Extra compression is added to vinyl to make it fit within said parameters.

Degradation. Vinyl degrades with every play. Every. Play. A CD is forever, or at least as long as you’ll be alive.

Music in 2 channels is enjoyable but made to be heard that way? Is a live show 2 channels or does it envelope your entire being?
I have LPs older than me that sound like god....and I'm 45.

So, you'll understand why I don't think the "LPs gonna degenerate argument" holds no water, though, I pay more for LPs now than CDs then when that argument held water. ;)

A live show is one channel, bud.
Actually you have sound coming from many sources. So no it is not one channel.
sicksickphil

Post by sicksickphil »

battra wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:19 pm
sugardaddy wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:50 am So compared to the recent Black Sabbath super deluxe reissues which were priced around $80 cheaper, how does Destroyer compare?
They did

The Paris show has 1/3 of destroyer live. FY, SIOL and Drc
Luchino
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by Luchino »

it would be awesome if they got Dennis Woloch to design all the packaging for a future release like this, let's say RARO
King Of Hearts
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by King Of Hearts »

sicksickphil wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:33 pm
battra wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:19 pm

They did

The Paris show has 1/3 of destroyer live. FY, SIOL and Drc
Is this actually the complete show? Unless it's an advertisement mistake, I think LMGRnR is missing.
battra

Post by battra »

joma5477 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:24 pm If they included a vinyl remaster with bass of ajfa I'd buy the shit...box set or otherwise,, but a rough mix doesn't do it for me. I don't understand why they don't release such a thing... Jars and Lames just want to double-down on their idiotic decision to remove the bass from that album.
What I read, and I cannot confirm, is that the masters are too tatered to do so

It’s the album I love as is. That’s all I need.
50poundnote
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by 50poundnote »

King Of Hearts wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:02 pmIs this actually the complete show? Unless it's an advertisement mistake, I think LMGRnR is missing.
If they mistakenly left Let Me Go, Rock ‘n’ Roll off the track list, and you count the bass, guitar, and drum solos as separate tracks, that equals 73 songs. I’ll bet you’re right.
joma5477
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by joma5477 »

battra wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:05 pm
joma5477 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:24 pm If they included a vinyl remaster with bass of ajfa I'd buy the shit...box set or otherwise,, but a rough mix doesn't do it for me. I don't understand why they don't release such a thing... Jars and Lames just want to double-down on their idiotic decision to remove the bass from that album.

They apparently provided the bass tracks for several songs for the stupid Guitar Zero video game several years back. Fans used them to create a bass mix for the album on YouTube.
battra

Post by battra »

joma5477 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:27 pm

They apparently provided the bass tracks for several songs for the stupid Guitar Zero video game several years back. Fans used them to create a bass mix for the album on YouTube.
I’ve heard fan edits. But, and I don’t know, would that sound good as re release?
King Of Hearts
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by King Of Hearts »

50poundnote wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:23 pm
King Of Hearts wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:02 pmIs this actually the complete show? Unless it's an advertisement mistake, I think LMGRnR is missing.
If they mistakenly left Let Me Go, Rock ‘n’ Roll off the track list, and you count the bass, guitar, and drum solos as separate tracks, that equals 73 songs. I’ll bet you’re right.
Yeah I hope it's a mistake. The Kiss Shop product description is weird. It states "Featuring 73 total tracks...", but only list 69.
BlackDiamond67

Post by BlackDiamond67 »

Grand Classic wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:02 am
In the Suds wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:54 am
Grand Classic wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:44 am
In the Suds wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:23 am

So you agree with Grand Classic that Paul Stanley's problem is that he's not more like David Coverdale? Because that is the context here.
Yes, because Paul Stanley's vocals haven't been a divisive acquired taste for the general public at all vs. more traditional singers given KISS' lack of actual hits over so many albums.

I also mentioned Paul Rodgers, Lou Gramm, Steve Perry, Sammy Hagar and Steven Tyler - who have had REAL hits just like Coverdale.

What the fuck is wrong with you?
Meaningless babble :lol:

And what the fuck is wrong with me? I don't know but I'm not the one spamming people with unwanted PM's.
That is what PM's are for and Julien has said the same thing. To keep that shit off the boards. Stop acting like PM's are some fucking sacred thing like I am knocking on the front door of your private home. So overdramatic.

Creeper.
joma5477
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by joma5477 »

battra wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:29 pm

I’ve heard fan edits. But, and I don’t know, would that sound good as re release?
The fan edits were decent...I can only assume the band having the source content would only sound better. But we'll probably never know...
Grand Classic

Post by Grand Classic »

BlackDiamond67 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:48 pm
Creeper.
He was cool.

sicksickphil

Post by sicksickphil »

Well.that means the multi track reels still exist and we know that also because of the remix. That doesn't mean the master two.track reel exist. However, they tend to be stored in the same place. So,.if.one is still in good shape the other tends.to be too.
steveh67

Post by steveh67 »

I wonder if I could buy a bulk amount of Boxsets and resell them for profit on ebay :)
TheKISSProject7312
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by TheKISSProject7312 »

Tito wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:10 pm :lol: What did I do? 🤷
Not in this thread, but I've seen you absolutely obliterate people with a single sentence.
sugardaddy

Post by sugardaddy »

sicksickphil wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:22 pm

For CDs?

No.

All of this is accurate.

I love you.
Vinyl when produce in the thousands of copies doesn't cost much more than a CD to make.
It does. It's all relative. The more you press the lesser it costs. Vinyl is about double what it costs to press a cd, which is why I still say fuck major labels and their ultimately $20 price tags on some of their releases in the early days of cds. In addition to the cost of pressing cd to Vinyl, you have the additional shipping cost of Vinyl. It all adds up.
Tito

Post by Tito »

TheKISSProject7312 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:50 pm
Tito wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:10 pm :lol: What did I do? 🤷
Not in this thread, but I've seen you absolutely obliterate people with a single sentence.
No hard feelings then I hope, to whom it may concern.
Spiritual_Chaos

Post by Spiritual_Chaos »

joma5477 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:24 pm
battra wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:01 pm I have only ever purchased one super deluxe boxed set in my life...that was ...And Justice For All by Metallica.

It has:

the album rough mix...aka alternate versions (with the bass I might add)
the album on 180gram vinyl
The album on CD

The riff tape CDs..2 discs of that... I have not listened.
The One 10" picture disc (which is a waste of time for me)
SEATTLE 89 on vinyl!!!!!!!! (an actual ...And Justice For All tour show and the reason why I purchased this set)
CD of interviews
A recreation of the album via demos
CD of all the B sides
Radio Edits
4 live shows on CD

Lars's camcorder footage...I will not watch this.
A contemporary documentary
One Video, One edited video, One live at the grammys
One B Roll...whatever the fuck that is.

2 complete concerts on video

bits and bobs of several others

This costs the same as Kiss's 5 CD set for Destroyer.... I'm sorry, but this is not a win for us the fans.

Kiss Destroyer (again)

15 demos...sweet

Unreleased show...awesome

So...three CDs, the other things, and lots of baubles. They're trying, but they're not succeeding.

Do what Metallica did at the same price point.
If they included a vinyl remaster with bass of ajfa I'd buy the shit...box set or otherwise,, but a rough mix doesn't do it for me. I don't understand why they don't release such a thing... Jars and Lames just want to double-down on their idiotic decision to remove the bass from that album.
I have respect for their choice to preserve the album as-is.

But as long as they did like Spielberg with E.T. and PEARL JAM with Ten - keep the original version available when offering a "remix"/reworked version, that would be okey. I was surprised a remixed version wasn't included in the box.
Spiritual_Chaos

For CDs?

No.

All of this is accurate.

I love you.
You are wrong.
Spaceace2000ric
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by Spaceace2000ric »

Just ordered this and the limited deluxe edition 2LP set, got $25 off with discount code, inc shipping it works out at £190, am happy with that, when they finally release something worth getting we have got to support it or we won't get other albums getting this .
BC Witch

Post by BC Witch »

Hi I'm Witz wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:30 am
BC Witch wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:15 am
steveh67 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:59 am
Mad Dog wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:24 am

They had 11 albums in the UK top 10 and 6 singles reached the top 20.
Remember US citizens can tend to be very insular....
There's a lot of that unfortunately. People from the USA who think KISS were massive all over the world in the 70s and nothing in the 80s when it was the other way around for moat territories, especially the UK.

And yeah, Whitesnake had many hit albums before the one that was big in America. Much better ones too...
MMMMmmm, I don't know about that man. Whitesnake 1987 is pretty fucking great.
It's a good album for sure but I grew up listening to Ready An' Willing, Live In The Heart Of The City and Slide It In which are all superior in my opinion. Each to their own, of course!
BC Witch

Post by BC Witch »

In the Suds wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:28 am
Mad Dog wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:24 am

They had 11 albums in the UK top 10 and 6 singles reached the top 20.
There's a lot of that unfortunately. People from the USA who think KISS were massive all over the world in the 70s and nothing in the 80s when it was the other way around for moat territories, especially the UK.

And yeah, Whitesnake had many hit albums before the one that was big in America. Much better ones too...
Charting albums ≠ big hits. Come on
I don't understand what that symbol means sorry.

Regarding Whitesnake, they were a hugely significant band in the UK way before the 1987 album with hit singles, albums, daytime radio play, TV appearences, magazine covers and sell out tours. They were in no way a minor league band. Perhaps they were minor league in the USA but not in the rest of the world.
Spiritual_Chaos

BC Witch wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:45 am

"Not equal to"
BC Witch

Post by BC Witch »

Spiritual_Chaos wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:02 am
BC Witch wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:45 am

"Not equal to"
Thanks.
moshpitwookie
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by moshpitwookie »

BC Witch wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:26 am
Hi I'm Witz wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:30 am

MMMMmmm, I don't know about that man. Whitesnake 1987 is pretty fucking great.
It's a good album for sure but I grew up listening to Ready An' Willing, Live In The Heart Of The City and Slide It In which are all superior in my opinion. Each to their own, of course!
Live In The Heart Of The City got me through alot of angst as a teenager. Great album.
Sssnakester

Post by Sssnakester »

But what do we think about Pearl Jam and Whitesnake?
Statuegirl21
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by Statuegirl21 »

sugardaddy wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:09 am The more you press the lesser it costs.
sicksickphil

Post by sicksickphil »

Spiritual_Chaos wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:57 am

All of this is accurate.

I love you.
You are wrong.
I'm not .

If anyone wants to print a record this.place will do it for 1.75 per record after the set.up.cost which is about 1k

http://capsulelabs.com/pressing/quote.php
BlackDiamond67

Post by BlackDiamond67 »

Grand Classic wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:00 pm
Creeper.
He was cool.

That’s The Creeper, Creeper.
Grand Classic

Post by Grand Classic »

BlackDiamond67 wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:00 am
Grand Classic wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:00 pm
Creeper.
He was cool.

That’s The Creeper, Creeper.
Yes, but he is still cool.
sicksickphil

Post by sicksickphil »

Spiritual_Chaos wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:57 am

All of this is accurate.

I love you.
You are wrong.
Also look at the independent label Fat Wreck Chords. Their CDs $10 and lps are $13.
Grand Classic

Post by Grand Classic »

I would assume that vinyl cardboard packaging - especially if it is some fancy gatefold thing would be much more expensive to produce over some cheap CD cover/insert - never mind the cost of the vinyl vs CD itself.

Is that not the case?
ToddofThunder
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by ToddofThunder »

Preordered mine! Comes out right around my birthday!
Spaceace2000ric
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by Spaceace2000ric »

Sssnakester wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:01 am But what do we think about Pearl Jam and Whitesnake?
Pearl Jam are dog shit...Whitesnake are great.
Grand Classic

Post by Grand Classic »

Sssnakester wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:01 am But what do we think about Pearl Jam and Whitesnake?
Not a fan of Pearl Jam, but I do love Whitesnake. Saw KISS open for Whitesnake actually, so it was cool to see my two favorite bands at the time.

BarkBlue
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by BarkBlue »

Spaceace2000ric wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:53 am Just ordered this and the limited deluxe edition 2LP set, got $25 off with discount code, inc shipping it works out at £190, am happy with that, when they finally release something worth getting we have got to support it or we won't get other albums getting this .
I've passed on the vinyl. I mean I have 7 or 8 versions already! lol!

£167 for the CD/BR box including shipping was way more reasonable than I expected. One happy KISS fan here!
KissCannibal

Post by KissCannibal »

I just pre-ordered this. I'm hoping there will be more of these. ESPECIALLY Rock and Roll Over and Hotter than Hell.