Rank your favorite Kiss members again

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
41Mets
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!

Rank your favorite Kiss members again

Post by 41Mets »

I know this has been done a million times but it is always fun to revisit and I have revised mine

Paul
Peter
Gene
Ace (as a guitarist only don't like him as a person)
Bruce
Eric Singer
Eric Carr
Tommy
Mark St John
Vinnie

RisingForce

Re: Rank your favorite Kiss members again

Post by RisingForce »

Eric Carr
Ace
Peter
Paul
Gene
Vinnie
Bruce
Mark
Tommy
Eric Singer

TheSpoiler
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by TheSpoiler »

Eric Carr
Gene Simmons
Paul Stanley
Vinnie Vincent
Eric Singer
Tommy Thayer
Peter Criss
Bruce Kulick
Ace Frehley
Mark St John

SpaceJan
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by SpaceJan »

Frehley
Criss
Simmons
Stanley
Carr
Kulick
Vincent
Singer
St.John
Thayer

brettjarrad
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by brettjarrad »

Paul Gene Bruce Eric C. Ace Eric S. Peter Tommy Vinnie Mark

warmachine731
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by warmachine731 »

Paul
Gene
Ace
Peter
Eric Carr
Bruce
Eric Singer
Tommy
Vinnie
Mark

I Am A FREAK

Post by I Am A FREAK »

Paul Stanley
Peter Criss
Ace Frehley
Gene Simmons
Mark St. John
Eric Carr
Vinnie Vincent
Bruce Kulick
Eric Singer
Tommy Thayer

Zorro8
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by Zorro8 »

Ace Frehley
Eric Carr
Bruce Kulick
Peter Criss
Gene Simmons
Vinnie Vincent
Eric Singer
Tommy Thayer
Mark St John

Paul Stanley

Revenge 92
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by Revenge 92 »

Ace
Peter
Gene
Kulick
Singer
Carr
Stanley
Vincent
St John

mot$$33
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by mot$$33 »

Ace
Gene
Peter
Paul
Bruce
Singer (pre reunion)
Carr
Singer (in makeup)
Tommy
Mark
Vinnie

Tito
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by Tito »

41Mets wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:50 am
You only have this problem with Ace? 🤔🤷‍♂️

Nellcote71

Post by Nellcote71 »

41Mets wrote:
I know this has been done a million times but it is always fun to revisit and I have revised mine

Paul
Peter
Gene
Bruce
Eric Singer
Eric Carr
Tommy
Mark St John
Vinnie
Hey Mets - you’re an older fan aren’t u? I’m kinda shocked by the about face regarding Ace just because he had some WWII knives? You never heard of Ace’s history prior to this?

If you wanna get down to it - most of the people on the list above of yours are absolute shitbags. Once you hit Uber success, wealth & fame - most lose their souls. Try not to think about the negative crap when your listening to the music. Enjoy it for what it is.

41Mets

Post by 41Mets »

Tito wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:33 am
41Mets wrote:
You only have this problem with Ace? 🤔🤷‍♂️
I think you may have missed my reaction to the Rachael Gordon auction items - https://www.kissfaq.com/forum18/viewtop ... &start=150

Bruce

Post by Bruce »

Vocalist: Stanley
Guitarist: Bruce
Drummer: Carr
Performer: Gene

41Mets

Post by 41Mets »

Nellcote71 wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:08 am
41Mets wrote:

Paul
Peter
Gene
Bruce
Eric Singer
Eric Carr
Tommy
Mark St John
Vinnie
Hey Mets - you’re an older fan aren’t u? I’m kinda shocked by the about face regarding Ace just because he had some WWII knives? You never heard of Ace’s history prior to this?

If you wanna get down to it - most of the people on the list above of yours are absolute shitbags. Once you hit Uber success, wealth & fame - most lose their souls. Try not to think about the negative crap when your listening to the music. Enjoy it for what it is.
This is not a in the moment "about face." I have been a major Ace fan for so many years (over 40) and know all the finer details of band history. But I thought he had left this in the past. Turns out he has not. In fact. Rachael revealed he recently referred to her as a "Jew Broad." It's not "just about having some knives." He obviously still had a collection linked to a horrible regime that tried to wipe out my ancestors and people.

I separate the music from the person with Ace. I admire a lot about Paul and Gene, and Peter has been so very nice to me when I have met him. Bruce, Singer. Tommy are all good guys. Carr is obvious. St. John was a nice fellow when I met him.

None of those other members are linked to something so repulsive and disgusting like Ace. I can tolerate the rest. These are not real people in my everyday lives. But as long as they stay short of exhibiting awful behavior like Ace I am OK with them. Gene and Pete have done some questionable things, yeah. But I believe Pete is now a different person than he was in his older age and I have always had mixed feelings on Gene the person, but he has never done anything to offend me so deeply as Ace has. But the way he treats women is starting to bump him down my ranks, honestly.

This has not been easy for to swear off Ace as a person, it's actually been pretty emotional to make a crisp realization that he can still be linked to something so awful.

I was interested in the members as people even if they exhibited questionable behaviors. Interested being the key word. I was curious about their tales and paths to success, etc. How they dealt with each other, I found it so very compelling. I will continue to follow them as more than musicians. Not anymore with Ace.

I am not looking for these people to be "friends" in my head or anything like that. But I take interest in their personal tales and appreciate them for creating a band that has meant so very much to me. I don't appreciate Ace anymore in the same regard. As far as I am concerned I would have been fine if Bob Kulick would have been the original guitarist. I have always liked his work. But I still do enjoy Ace as a lead guitar player in classic Kiss. That's where it starts and ends.

This is the way I feel and there's no reasoning on it. It's how I feel. No one can tell me how to feel on it. If others are not as deeply offended that's their feelings and they are entitled to them. But how one feels so deeply about something is not up for debate. Discussion, yes, but not debate.
Last edited by 41Mets on Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nellcote71

Post by Nellcote71 »

41Mets wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:25 am
Nellcote71 wrote:
41Mets wrote:

Paul
Peter
Gene
Bruce
Eric Singer
Eric Carr
Tommy
Mark St John
Vinnie

This is not a in the moment "about face." I have been a major Ace fan for so many years and know all the finer details of band history. But I thought he had left this in the past. Turns out he has not. In fact. Rachael revealed he recently referred to her as a "Jew Broad." It's not "just about having some knives." He obviously still had a collection linked to a horrible regime that tried to wipe out my ancestors and people.

I separate the music from the person other than Ace. I admire a lot about Paul and Gene, and Peter has been so very nice to me when I have met him. Bruce, Singer. Tommy are all good guys. Carr is obvious. St. John was a nice fellow when I met him.

None of those other members are linked to something so repulsive and disgusting like Ace. I can tolerate the rest. These are not real people in my everyday lives. But as long as they stay short of exhibiting awful behavior like Ace I am OK with them. Gene and Pete have done some questionable things, yeah. But I believe Pete is now a different person than he was in his older age and I have always had mixed feelings on Gene the person, but he has never done anything to offend me so deeply as Ace has. But the way he treats women is starting to bump him down my ranks, honestly.

This has not been easy for to swear off Ace as a person, it's actually been pretty emotional to make a crisp realization that he can still be linked to soething so awful.

This is the way I feel and there's no reasoning on it. It's how I feel. No one can tell me how to feel on it. If others are not as deeply offended that's their feelings and they are entitled to them. But how one feels so deeply about something is not up for debate. Discussion, yes, but not debate.
Fair enough

I just hate to think someone gets swayed because of a psycho ex girlfriend.
If you’re going to listen to her as a source of valid information, how the hell can you give Gene a free pass? Kinda baffling to me but I respect your opinion of course.

In 5-10 years you will hate them all. Once they start passing watch the shit start flying

Rockandrolloverman

Post by Rockandrolloverman »

Paul/Gene tie
Ace
Singer
Carr
Peter

Kulick
St John

Vinny would be dead last —— that guy is a real piece of work that should never have been asked to join

Thayer is a mere fill-in “role player” that does what he told, so I don’t even acknowledge him

41Mets

Post by 41Mets »

Nellcote71 wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:32 am
41Mets wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:25 am
Nellcote71 wrote:
41Mets wrote:

Paul
Peter
Gene
Bruce
Eric Singer
Eric Carr
Tommy
Mark St John
Vinnie

This is not a in the moment "about face." I have been a major Ace fan for so many years and know all the finer details of band history. But I thought he had left this in the past. Turns out he has not. In fact. Rachael revealed he recently referred to her as a "Jew Broad." It's not "just about having some knives." He obviously still had a collection linked to a horrible regime that tried to wipe out my ancestors and people.

I separate the music from the person other than Ace. I admire a lot about Paul and Gene, and Peter has been so very nice to me when I have met him. Bruce, Singer. Tommy are all good guys. Carr is obvious. St. John was a nice fellow when I met him.

This has not been easy for to swear off Ace as a person, it's actually been pretty emotional to make a crisp realization that he can still be linked to soething so awful.

Fair enough

I just hate to think someone gets swayed because of a psycho ex girlfriend.
If you’re going to listen to her as a source of valid information, how the hell can you give Gene a free pass? Kinda baffling to me but I respect your opinion of course.

In 5-10 years you will hate them all. Once they start passing watch the shit start flying
It's not as simple as getting swayed by Rachael. I read recent interviews where talked about how cool the costumes were, they were fashionable. This is also me reveiwing his history again and is asspciated with some personal disovery as well.

Rachael put the items on sale and it is clear to see he still had a collection. I am not giving Gene a free pass. I said he got bumped down my "ranks".

I doubt I will ever find or hear anything to make me dislike Paul or Singer or Tommy. If I hear more bad things about Gene and Pete I will feel how I feel on those items and it's possible they will fall off my interest list as people too. I have no illusions.

AceyAintInCharge
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by AceyAintInCharge »

Ace
Gene
Paul
Peter
Vinnie
Eric Carr
Bruce
Mark
Eric Singer
Tommy

Nellcote71

Post by Nellcote71 »

Ace
Gene
Peter
Paul

The rest don’t matter

41Mets

Post by 41Mets »

Interesting responses - if people do like Tommy they are not contributing much here yet. I know there are a few that might rate Bruce high as well.

Mad Dog

Post by Mad Dog »

Ace Frehley
Gene Simmons
Peter Criss
Eric Carr
Bruce Kulick
Paul Stanley
Eric Singer
Mark St. John
Vinnie Vincent
Tommy Thayer

Spoonful
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by Spoonful »

Peter Criss
Gene Simmons = Paul Stanley
Ace Frehley
Vinnie Vincent
Eric Carr
Bruce Kulick = Eric Singer
Tommy Thayer
Mark St. John

KrazySwede

Post by KrazySwede »

Gene

Hi I'm Witz

Post by Hi I'm Witz »

NOTE: This list is solely how I feel about the members as musicians/songwriters in KISS. Not how I feel about them personally.

1. ACE
2. PAUL
3. GENE
4. PETER
5. ERIC C.
6. ERIC S.
7. VINNIE
8. BRUCE
9. TOMMY
10. MARK

doombies
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by doombies »

1. Mark
2. Ace
3. Eric C
4. Paul
5. Peter
6. Vinnie
7. Eric S (without makeup)
8. Bruce
9. Tommy
10. Gene

Thunderous_Lay

Post by Thunderous_Lay »

Eric Carr

Bruce Kulick
Eric Singer

Tommy Thayer

Gene Simmons
Paul Stanley

Ace Frehley
Peter Criss

Mark St. John

Vincent Cusano

Black Ace
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by Black Ace »

Ace / Paul
Gene
Peter

southernkiss
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by southernkiss »

I will rank the original lineup. While I love all four to death, the hierarchy would be:

Paul
Peter
Gene
Ace

richardsimmons
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by richardsimmons »

Hi I'm Witz wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:11 am
NOTE: This list is solely how I feel about the members as musicians/songwriters in KISS. Not how I feel about them personally.
Same here. My list is who I look up to as Rock stars. Not who I would like to have as a neighbor.

Ace
Gene
Peter
Paul

Vinnie
Eric Carr

Bruce
Eric Singer
Mark
Tommy

HOFCity

Post by HOFCity »

Paul - kept KISS going through the 80' although now has eliminated any further music.

Ace - might have been lazy back then ( Thank God for him now ). His memorable guitar solos are the glue to many of KISS' classic songs.

Gene and Peter - with Genes on stage antics ( some very memorable tunes ) and Peter's unique style which became a staple for some of KISS' greatest tunes.

Bruce - No nonsense Professional that just kept his nose to the grindstone.

Tommy and Eric S. - see Bruce ^

Eric Carr - shame he wasn't with us longer, loved the guy but he's further down on this list because his contributions ( while obviously not a fault of his own) was limited in KISS.

41Mets

Post by 41Mets »

richardsimmons wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:28 am
Hi I'm Witz wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:11 am
Same here. My list is who I look up to as Rock stars. Not who I would like to have as a neighbor.

Ace
Gene
Peter
Paul

Vinnie
Eric Carr

Bruce
Eric Singer
Mark
Tommy
I don't care to have them as neighbors necessarily either. I just can't "look up" to anyone like Ace as a rock star when I find out about him as a person. But at this point of my life it's been about 35 years since I truly "looked up" to anyone famous. I am interested in the life stories behind the performances, though.
Last edited by 41Mets on Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

41Mets

Post by 41Mets »

Thunderous_Lay wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:31 am
Eric Carr

Bruce Kulick
Eric Singer

Tommy Thayer

Gene Simmons
Paul Stanley

Ace Frehley
Peter Criss

Mark St. John

Vincent Cusano
Interesting list for sure. Bruce, Eric and Tommy over all the originals.

TheSpoiler
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by TheSpoiler »

Nellcote71 wrote:
Are different people logging into your account, Nelly? Just yesterday you were saying
Nellcote71 wrote:
Sorry - I don’t know what is in anyone’s heart.
You want to be judge & jury be my guest...
...but then it was about Frehley, so you're likely to be a LOT more forgiving.

:lol:

Nellcote71

Post by Nellcote71 »

TheSpoiler wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:46 am
Nellcote71 wrote:
Are different people logging into your account, Nelly? Just yesterday you were saying
Nellcote71 wrote:

Stalk much?

SaintN'Sinner83

Post by SaintN'Sinner83 »

Nellcote71 wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:04 pm
TheSpoiler wrote:
Nellcote71 wrote:
Nellcote71 wrote:

Stalk much?
Point dodge, much?

jannep17

Post by jannep17 »

Peter
Last edited by jannep17 on Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nellcote71

Post by Nellcote71 »

SaintN'Sinner83 wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:09 pm
Nellcote71 wrote:
TheSpoiler wrote:
Nellcote71 wrote:
Nellcote71 wrote:

Stalk much?
Point dodge, much?
I ain’t dodging shit. I’m just sick of this weirdo hanging on my every post.

It just seems futile to me what people are insinuating & dissecting. They (kiss) all have proven themselves to be dirtbags.

People are saying they aren’t supporting Ace anymore because of stuff he collects.
If you take your blinders off - all 4 original members have down vile, disgusting things. (Carr’s dismissal anyone?)

If we get down to it - any thin skinned person would stop following the band. You have to separate the music from their private lives. Otherwise it’s hard to follow the band anymore...
Last edited by Nellcote71 on Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

redinthesky
Might as well be the Admin!

Post by redinthesky »

My list strictly as Kiss members, nothing to do with real life, and it's not set in stone, it can change, but for right now ---

(the first four are all pretty much tied)

Peter
Paul
Gene
Ace
Bruce
Eric Carr
Vinnie
Mark St. John

I know I left two out, but because they imitate past members, I really don't count them as "real" members even though they obviously play with the band.

41Mets

Post by 41Mets »

Nellcote71 wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:15 pm
SaintN'Sinner83 wrote:
Nellcote71 wrote:
TheSpoiler wrote:
Nellcote71 wrote:
Nellcote71 wrote:

Stalk much?
Point dodge, much?

It just seems futile to me what people are insinuating & dissecting. They (kiss) all have proven themselves to be dirtbags.

People are saying they aren’t supporting Ace anymore because of stuff he collects.
If you take your blinders off - all 4 original members have down vile, disgusting things. (Carr’s dismissal anyone?)

If we get down to it - any thin skinned person would stop following the band. You have to separate the music from their private lives. Otherwise it’s hard to follow the band anymore...
I do separate the music from their private lives. Otherwise I would not listen to them at all anymore and would have left the board.

The stuff he collects says a lot about him. To me it's a higher level of offense than most anything from anyone in the band ever.

That stuff is just not tolerable to me. I at least want to have a basic level of respect for them. I don't expect them to be my friends or neighbors.

I always found the personal stories interesting on the band. Some of them have certainly done some questionable things. I don't agree with a lot of what some of them have done. I have been very disturbed by some things I have heard about Bill Aucoin too

But the Nazi garbage is beyond offensive to me

41Mets

Post by 41Mets »

redinthesky wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:19 pm
My list strictly as Kiss members, nothing to do with real life, and it's not set in stone, it can change, but for right now ---

Peter
Paul
Gene
Ace
Bruce
Eric Carr
Vinnie
Mark St. John

I know I left two out, but because they imitate past members, I really don't count them as "real" members even though they obviously play with the band.
Even though Singer played with them without makeup?

southernkiss
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by southernkiss »

41Mets wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:29 pm
Nellcote71 wrote:
SaintN'Sinner83 wrote:
Nellcote71 wrote:
TheSpoiler wrote:
Nellcote71 wrote:
Nellcote71 wrote:

Stalk much?
Point dodge, much?

I do separate the music from their private lives. Otherwise I would not listen to them at all anymore and would have left the board.

The stuff he collects says a lot about him. To me it's a higher level of offense than most anything from anyone in the band ever.

That stuff is just not tolerable to me. I at least want to have a basic level of respect for them. I don't expect them to be my friends or neighbors.

I always found the personal stories interesting on the band. Some of them have certainly done some questionable things.

But the Nazi garbage is beyond offensive.
There is nothing wrong with collecting Nazi memorabilia. Collecting Nazi memorabilia is not the same as condoning Nazism. A good friend of mine is a former Green Beret officer. He was even awarded the Medal of Honor by a President. He collects military memorabilia, even from countries that America has not always had the best relations with. Collecting memorabilia does not mean you condone the ideology of whoever made the items.

I have a copy of the Communist Manifesto. From a historical perspective, it can be worthwhile to study. However, I think Communism is awful!

41Mets

Post by 41Mets »

southernkiss wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:40 pm
41Mets wrote:
Nellcote71 wrote:
SaintN'Sinner83 wrote:
Nellcote71 wrote:
TheSpoiler wrote:
Nellcote71 wrote:
Nellcote71 wrote:

Stalk much?
Point dodge, much?

I always found the personal stories interesting on the band. Some of them have certainly done some questionable things.

There is nothing wrong with collecting Nazi memorabilia. Collecting Nazi memorabilia is not the same as condoning Nazism. A good friend of mine is a former Green Beret officer. He was even awarded the Medal of Honor by a President. He collects military memorabilia, even from countries that America has not always had the best relations with. Collecting memorabilia does not mean you condone the ideology of whoever made the items.

I have a copy of the Communist Manifesto. From a historical perspective, it can be worthwhile to study. However, I think Communism is awful!
Ace is not collecting it for any historical benefit. He is no kind of scholar with any educational aptitude.

If you passionately obtain those materials you are supportive of it. The examples you give do not apply to Ace.

I think collecting those items for recreational purposes is deplorable. It's how I feel. It's not a debate. You feel otherwise. It disgusts me and that is it

redinthesky

Post by redinthesky »

41Mets wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:37 pm
redinthesky wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:19 pm

Peter
Paul
Gene
Ace
Bruce
Eric Carr
Vinnie
Mark St. John

Even though Singer played with them without makeup?
Valid question, I think once he turned into an imitator, he nullified those years in my eyes. Funny thing is, even back then, I didn't consider him a "real" member, he seemed kind of like just a journeyman fill-in, even after Eric Carr died.

southernkiss
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by southernkiss »

41Mets wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:49 pm
southernkiss wrote:
41Mets wrote:
Nellcote71 wrote:
SaintN'Sinner83 wrote:
Nellcote71 wrote:
TheSpoiler wrote:
Nellcote71 wrote:
Nellcote71 wrote:

Stalk much?
Point dodge, much?

Ace is not collecting it for any historical benefit. He is no kind of scholar with any educational aptitude.

If you passionately obtain those materials you are supportive of it. The examples you give do not apply to Ace.

I think collecting those items for recreational purposes is deplorable. It's how I feel. It's not a debate. You feel otherwise. It disgusts me and that is it
Well, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. :)

41Mets

Post by 41Mets »

southernkiss wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:02 pm
41Mets wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:49 pm
southernkiss wrote:
41Mets wrote:
Nellcote71 wrote:
SaintN'Sinner83 wrote:
Nellcote71 wrote:
TheSpoiler wrote:
Nellcote71 wrote:
Nellcote71 wrote:

Stalk much?
Point dodge, much?

Well, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. :)
It goes much deeper than that for me. That's all I have to say on it.

StrangestWay
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by StrangestWay »

For their roles in the development of Kiss. Nothing to do with their personalities or private lives. I go with:

Stanley
Simmons
Frehley
Criss
Carr
Vincent
Kulick
Singer
St. John
Thayer

Anton Fig and Bob Kulick always deserve special mention with something like this. The most important non-members to play on the albums/recordings.

live2win
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by live2win »

paul
ace
gene
eric carr
vinnie
peter
eric singer
bruce
tommy
mark

TheSpoiler
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by TheSpoiler »

Nellcote71 wrote:
SaintN'Sinner83 wrote:
Nellcote71 wrote:
TheSpoiler wrote:
Nellcote71 wrote:
Nellcote71 wrote:

Stalk much?
Point dodge, much?
I'm pointing out your habitual hypocrisy and you don't like it.

Your new self-appointed role as Defender of Saint Frehley is fuel for the comedy, at least.

Now dry your eyes.

Grizzly Adams

Post by Grizzly Adams »

Bruce wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:18 am
Vocalist: Stanley
Guitarist: Bruce
Drummer: Carr
Performer: Gene