KISS or KISS-related events you want to see happen once Covid-19 restrictions are lifted...

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
Post Reply
User avatar
Seanjc
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!
Posts: 776
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:45 pm

KISS or KISS-related events you want to see happen once Covid-19 restrictions are lifted...

Post by Seanjc » Sat May 23, 2020 10:42 am

There will come a day when society will continue in a fashion similar to how it was pre-Covid-19. We may operate in different ways (ie. social distancing, no handshakes, limited capacity, etc) but I have no doubt public events with large gatherings will be held again when it's safe and people are comfortable being in crowds. Assuming all parties are still with us and healthy, besides a continuation of EOTR/final KISS concert what KISS or KISS-related events would you like to see occur?

For me, I hope the organizers of the NJ KISS Expo can get Bruce to play a set of 80s songs like he did on the kruises.

User avatar
nibbler1982
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 12200
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:12 pm
Location: Merrick, Strong Island

Re: KISS or KISS-related events you want to see happen once Covid-19 restrictions are lifted...

Post by nibbler1982 » Sat May 23, 2020 11:10 am

OTHER than EOTR continuing RIGHT where it left off?

I just want to be able to see Bruce Kulick live in some club representing an era of KISS long left behind.

User avatar
shandi777
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 6731
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:37 pm
Location: PA

Re: KISS or KISS-related events you want to see happen once Covid-19 restrictions are lifted...

Post by shandi777 » Sat May 23, 2020 11:13 am

Not interested in this version of the band at all, but I would like to go see Bruce play all the classics. NJ Kiss expo would be perfect.

User avatar
Lofton23rdSt
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1875
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:27 pm

Re: KISS or KISS-related events you want to see happen once Covid-19 restrictions are lifted...

Post by Lofton23rdSt » Sat May 23, 2020 11:32 am

Bruce is never going to do any dates with his band. I wouldn't book him on the Kruise if I were Gene or Paul.

User avatar
stutterer
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 3383
Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:28 pm

Re: KISS or KISS-related events you want to see happen once Covid-19 restrictions are lifted...

Post by stutterer » Sat May 23, 2020 11:51 am

I'd love Bruce's band to play in my country. Very unlikely, but more likely than goddamn Warrior reforming.

longtimekiss
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!
Posts: 918
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:11 pm

Re: KISS or KISS-related events you want to see happen once Covid-19 restrictions are lifted...

Post by longtimekiss » Sat May 23, 2020 12:02 pm

Well, your hypothesis is wrong "social distancing and concerts" will never happen again.

User avatar
Seanjc
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!
Posts: 776
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:45 pm

Re: KISS or KISS-related events you want to see happen once Covid-19 restrictions are lifted...

Post by Seanjc » Sat May 23, 2020 2:30 pm

Lofton23rdSt wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 11:32 am
Bruce is never going to do any dates with his band. I wouldn't book him on the Kruise if I were Gene or Paul.

His band was considered to be one of the highlights on the last two kruises.

User avatar
Seanjc
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!
Posts: 776
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:45 pm

Re: KISS or KISS-related events you want to see happen once Covid-19 restrictions are lifted...

Post by Seanjc » Sat May 23, 2020 2:33 pm

longtimekiss wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 12:02 pm
Well, your hypothesis is wrong "social distancing and concerts" will never happen again.

Not in the next six months to a year, no. However, in time they can take measures liked spaced seating and smaller capacities to keep everyone 6 feet or more apart. Live concerts will happen again, one way or another.

User avatar
nibbler1982
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 12200
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:12 pm
Location: Merrick, Strong Island

Re: KISS or KISS-related events you want to see happen once Covid-19 restrictions are lifted...

Post by nibbler1982 » Sat May 23, 2020 2:56 pm

I for one CANNOT WAIT for a jam packed, sweaty, drunken, and sold out concert at (enter venue here).

User avatar
southernkiss
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!
Posts: 733
Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:41 pm
Location: Nashville, Tennessee

Re: KISS or KISS-related events you want to see happen once Covid-19 restrictions are lifted...

Post by southernkiss » Sat May 23, 2020 2:58 pm

I want to go to another convention. I have not been to a KISS convention in years.

Eddie Van Hazel
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 6669
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:30 pm

Re: KISS or KISS-related events you want to see happen once Covid-19 restrictions are lifted...

Post by Eddie Van Hazel » Sat May 23, 2020 3:05 pm

I'm really looking forward to going to the next NJ KISS Expo. Had a blast at the last one.

Coventry1973
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1010
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:56 pm

Re: KISS or KISS-related events you want to see happen once Covid-19 restrictions are lifted...

Post by Coventry1973 » Sat May 23, 2020 3:09 pm

NJ KISS convention, plus some of the members(past, present) at a Chiller or Mad Monster Party or Spooky Empire conventions

User avatar
Wichita77
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!
Posts: 966
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:32 pm

Re: KISS or KISS-related events you want to see happen once Covid-19 restrictions are lifted...

Post by Wichita77 » Sat May 23, 2020 3:52 pm

I will try to go to the last show. Plans didn't work out for seeing them again in Wichita, but I'd like to be there for the end. (Or version of the end...)

I'd like to see them do another official KISS Konvention tour. It would be great to see the artifacts they still have up close. As I've said before... I have huge regret missing this way back when. I know it won't be the same thing but I'd sign up for that. Trademarking "KISS EXPO" is a good sign.

I'm looking forward to the originals reconciling too at some point for some project.

I'd support their solo projects too... all of them... Tommy and Eric included. I'm fine with Soul Station. I went from playing heavy stuff to blues in recent years, so I get the switch.

If none of that happens, what a great ride this has been.

User avatar
PsychoElder
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 3117
Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:10 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: KISS or KISS-related events you want to see happen once Covid-19 restrictions are lifted...

Post by PsychoElder » Sat May 23, 2020 4:49 pm

nibbler1982 wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 2:56 pm
I for one CANNOT WAIT for a jam packed, sweaty, drunken, and sold out concert at (enter venue here).
Amen Nibbs!

User avatar
Lofton23rdSt
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1875
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:27 pm

Re: KISS or KISS-related events you want to see happen once Covid-19 restrictions are lifted...

Post by Lofton23rdSt » Sat May 23, 2020 7:24 pm

Seanjc wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 2:30 pm
Lofton23rdSt wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 11:32 am
Bruce is never going to do any dates with his band. I wouldn't book him on the Kruise if I were Gene or Paul.

His band was considered to be one of the highlights on the last two kruises.
Yeah, but he takes attention away from Kiss.

User avatar
Seanjc
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!
Posts: 776
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:45 pm

Re: KISS or KISS-related events you want to see happen once Covid-19 restrictions are lifted...

Post by Seanjc » Sat May 23, 2020 7:39 pm

Lofton23rdSt wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 7:24 pm
Seanjc wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 2:30 pm
Lofton23rdSt wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 11:32 am
Bruce is never going to do any dates with his band. I wouldn't book him on the Kruise if I were Gene or Paul.

His band was considered to be one of the highlights on the last two kruises.
Yeah, but he takes attention away from Kiss.
How so? I don't believe he played at the same time KISS was.

User avatar
Lofton23rdSt
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1875
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:27 pm

Re: KISS or KISS-related events you want to see happen once Covid-19 restrictions are lifted...

Post by Lofton23rdSt » Sat May 23, 2020 7:46 pm

Seanjc wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 7:39 pm
Lofton23rdSt wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 7:24 pm
Seanjc wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 2:30 pm
Lofton23rdSt wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 11:32 am
Bruce is never going to do any dates with his band. I wouldn't book him on the Kruise if I were Gene or Paul.

His band was considered to be one of the highlights on the last two kruises.
Yeah, but he takes attention away from Kiss.
How so? I don't believe he played at the same time KISS was.
Kiss got bad reviews on the last Kruise.

User avatar
Rhiannon
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!
Posts: 2101
Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:31 pm

Re: KISS or KISS-related events you want to see happen once Covid-19 restrictions are lifted...

Post by Rhiannon » Sat May 23, 2020 9:04 pm

Disappointed that while Paul & Gene have so much time off, they are not doing something special with UNIVERSAL. Surely a new demo box set is a given, what about a release of rare live tracks, what about a ELDER,COTN or CCN deluxe release?

C'mon, get creative and active.

User avatar
rscott71
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 5635
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:26 pm
Location: Arizona

Re: KISS or KISS-related events you want to see happen once Covid-19 restrictions are lifted...

Post by rscott71 » Sun May 24, 2020 1:25 am

Lofton23rdSt wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 7:46 pm
Seanjc wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 7:39 pm
Lofton23rdSt wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 7:24 pm
Seanjc wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 2:30 pm
Lofton23rdSt wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 11:32 am
Bruce is never going to do any dates with his band. I wouldn't book him on the Kruise if I were Gene or Paul.

His band was considered to be one of the highlights on the last two kruises.
Yeah, but he takes attention away from Kiss.
How so? I don't believe he played at the same time KISS was.
Kiss got bad reviews on the last Kruise.
Bullshit. They’ve had him and his band on three times, and He’s joined them for the acoustic show twice

User avatar
Lofton23rdSt
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1875
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:27 pm

Re: KISS or KISS-related events you want to see happen once Covid-19 restrictions are lifted...

Post by Lofton23rdSt » Sun May 24, 2020 6:40 am

rscott71 wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 1:25 am
Lofton23rdSt wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 7:46 pm
Seanjc wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 7:39 pm
Lofton23rdSt wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 7:24 pm
Seanjc wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 2:30 pm
Lofton23rdSt wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 11:32 am
Bruce is never going to do any dates with his band. I wouldn't book him on the Kruise if I were Gene or Paul.

His band was considered to be one of the highlights on the last two kruises.
Yeah, but he takes attention away from Kiss.
How so? I don't believe he played at the same time KISS was.
Kiss got bad reviews on the last Kruise.
Bullshit. They’ve had him and his band on three times, and He’s joined them for the acoustic show twice
So?

Nellcote71
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!
Posts: 2475
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:26 pm

Re: KISS or KISS-related events you want to see happen once Covid-19 restrictions are lifted...

Post by Nellcote71 » Sun May 24, 2020 6:41 am

nibbler1982 wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 11:10 am
OTHER than EOTR continuing RIGHT where it left off?

I just want to be able to see Bruce Kulick live in some club representing an era of KISS long left behind.
I pray you are right dude

User avatar
nibbler1982
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 12200
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:12 pm
Location: Merrick, Strong Island

Re: KISS or KISS-related events you want to see happen once Covid-19 restrictions are lifted...

Post by nibbler1982 » Sun May 24, 2020 8:30 am

Nellcote71 wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 6:41 am
nibbler1982 wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 11:10 am
OTHER than EOTR continuing RIGHT where it left off?

I just want to be able to see Bruce Kulick live in some club representing an era of KISS long left behind.
I pray you are right dude
I’m praying to Brother Nell.

Time will tell.

User avatar
BeholderFan
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!
Posts: 963
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:09 pm

Re: KISS or KISS-related events you want to see happen once Covid-19 restrictions are lifted...

Post by BeholderFan » Sun May 24, 2020 8:28 pm

PsychoElder wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 4:49 pm
nibbler1982 wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 2:56 pm
I for one CANNOT WAIT for a jam packed, sweaty, drunken, and sold out concert at (enter venue here).
Amen Nibbs!
Double Amen.

Post Reply