Fright Rags re-releasing their KILL DESTROYER shirts

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
Seanjc
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Fright Rags re-releasing their KILL DESTROYER shirts

Post by Seanjc » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:50 pm

Fright Rags, a company that produces superbly designed horror-themed shirts has re-released one of my favorite parodies of KISS' Destroyer (it's also my profile picture) album cover

https://www.fright-rags.com/collections/kill-destroyers

Just thought I'd share it with the board. Despite already owning one of the original t-shirt designs, I just ordered one of the baseball shirts.

John Connor
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Re: Fright Rags re-releasing their KILL DESTROYER shirts

Post by John Connor » Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:16 am

Thanks for the heads up! Sadly, the baseball shirt is already sold out. LOVE what they did on the back.

NYRockCity
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by NYRockCity » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:01 am

John Connor wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:16 am
Thanks for the heads up! Sadly, the baseball shirt is already sold out. LOVE what they did on the back.
What’s the significance of those places and dates?

caligari
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by caligari » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:30 am

NYRockCity wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:01 am
John Connor wrote:
The tie in with the movie monsters on the front

NYRockCity
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by NYRockCity » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:44 am

caligari wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:30 am
NYRockCity wrote:
John Connor wrote:
Oh duh lol sorry wasn’t really paying attention

Hi I'm Witz
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by Hi I'm Witz » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:24 am

Seanjc wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:50 pm
Fright Rags, a company that produces superbly designed horror-themed shirts has re-released one of my favorite parodies of KISS' Destroyer (it's also my profile picture) album cover

Just thought I'd share it with the board. Despite already owning one of the original t-shirt designs, I just ordered one of the baseball shirts.
If they had decided to use Michael Myers instead of Chucky, I would've bought it in a heartbeat.

Seanjc
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by Seanjc » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:57 am

NYRockCity wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:44 am
caligari wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:30 am
NYRockCity wrote:
John Connor wrote:
Oh duh lol sorry wasn’t really paying attention
I believe the dates correspond to when each film was released. The locations are where each movie takes place.

October 1, 1974
Round Rock, TX (Texas Chainsaw Massacre)

May 9, 1980
Crystal Lake, NJ (Friday The 13th)

November 16, 1984
Springwood, OH (A Nightmare On Elm Street)

November 9, 1988
Chicago, IL (Child's Play)

I feel it's a clever touch to turn the release dates/story locations into tour dates. Also, I recall reading in Peter's book he and Ace saw TCM together in the theater. Both were frightened by it.

Seanjc
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by Seanjc » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:58 am

John Connor wrote:
Sign up for their newsletter. They are always reprinting designs. I'm sure they'll have them back in stock at some point.

richardsimmons
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by richardsimmons » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:01 am

Thanks for sharing. In addition to this shirt, I am browsing Fright Rags & they look cool as hell, particularly the Halloween (1978) merch!

(Of course this comes during a global pandemic when I have no income for 3+ weeks. 🙃)

For fans of these shirts, I strongly recommend checking out Graveyard Goods merch. It is run by a young fella from Connecticut, USA.

He is extremely popular. As I understand it, The way it works is, he posts a **design idea** on instagram or his email list, & folks have 72 hours or so to place their order. If 69 people order, he prints exactly 69. If 415 order, he prints exactly 415. This is how I understand it. So it is kinda mandatory to view the instagram (or email list) frequently.

I don’t mean to explain this Barney-style, haha. (Side note: I enjoy when people explain things this way to me, but I know that others do not enjoy it. 😀)

I am explaining it thoroughly because I have missed out on LOTS of his great merch. Perhaps this is better for my wallet! The only shirt I have successfully gotten from GG is my Scream (1996) long-sleeve, which I love.

https://graveyardgoods.com/

https://www.instagram.com/graveyard_goods/

Seanjc
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by Seanjc » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:02 am

Hi I'm Witz wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:24 am
Seanjc wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:50 pm

If they had decided to use Michael Myers instead of Chucky, I would've bought it in a heartbeat.

Michael would have been a better choice, I agree. I just the overall idea and execution of the design.

Seanjc
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by Seanjc » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:05 am

richardsimmons wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:01 am
Thanks for sharing. In addition to this shirt, I am browsing Fright Rags & they look cool as hell, particularly the Halloween (1978) merch!

(Of course this comes during a global pandemic when I have no income for 3+ weeks. 🙃)

For fans of these shirts, I strongly recommend checking out Graveyard Goods merch. It is run by a young fella from Connecticut, USA.

He is extremely popular. As I understand it, The way it works is, he posts a **design idea** on instagram or his email list, & folks have 72 hours or so to place their order. If 69 people order, he prints exactly 69. If 415 order, he prints exactly 415. This is how I understand it. So it is kinda mandatory to view the instagram (or email list) frequently.

I don’t mean to explain this Barney-style, haha. (Side note: I enjoy when people explain things this way to me, but I know that others do not enjoy it. 😀)

I am explaining it thoroughly because I have missed out on LOTS of his great merch. Perhaps this is better for my wallet! The only shirt I have successfully gotten from GG is my Scream (1996) long-sleeve, which I love.

https://graveyardgoods.com/

https://www.instagram.com/graveyard_goods/

Thanks for the recommendation!