KFP Ep.298 - New Opportunities?

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
Admin
Why?

KFP Ep.298 - New Opportunities?

Post by Admin » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:45 pm

Lonnie, Ken and Julian deal with home confinement by taking on assorted topics from the board...

Or click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9b8G1WtnRhw

The KissFAQ Podcast is a weekly chat show featuring members of the KissFAQ message board, and other guests, discussing a wide variety of KISS-related topics. Our objective is simple: Have fun chatting with other fans from around the world and hopefully entertain the KISS Army in the process.

Discuss the topic on the KissFAQ message board, http://www.kissfaq.com/forum18/, or visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/theKissfaq/

A big thanks to the participants! And our listeners!!

The episode is also available at:
Direct MP3: http://www.kissfaqpodcast.com/
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/kissfaq
iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/kis ... d959291416
Stitcher: http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/kissfaq-podcast
Google Play: https://play.google.com/music/m/Iy4zbdj ... AQ_Podcast
Podchaser: https://www.podchaser.com/podcasts/kiss ... ast-702305

TheSphinx
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Re: KFP Ep.298 - New Opportunities?

Post by TheSphinx » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:05 pm

Probably one of the best things to happen is Ticketmaster and Live Nation go bankrupt. Love to see their monopoly ended. It would be great to go back to the older days with more regional promoters.

And I think you both can kiss your $1500 goodbye unless insurance covers it. That money has been long spent. Just look at all their properties that aren't taking in one dollar these days. Unless they get a huge Federal bailout....

Speaking of that.... you can bet Sixthman is thanking their stars they don't have anything till August. But one also has to wonder even if things are back to normal in most of the US...how many would want to get on a PETRIE DISH (aka Cruise Ship) anytime soon. Especially the artists. I'd probably put the odds of the KISS Cruise happening in October about 25/75. 25% chance it happens.

But in regards to another topic, I don't see the big deal of KISS making up dates. There was never anything really special about July 2021. They could easily move that to July 2022.

I agree with Ken.....Revenge easily the best album since LICK IT UP. Of course surprised nobody mentioned why it was so good..... after so many failed albums. Or how after 3 crappy albums.....they had COTN. And after 3 crappy albums (Asylum-Hits) they had Revenge. And of course prior to COTN.... they had the terrible Killers tracks. And with Revenge.... you had the very weak..and ballless cover GGR&R2U2. And of course 3 co-writes on Creatures. 3 co-writes on Revenge. hmmmm What a coincidence. =)

Shame when talking about Revenge.....and how bad HITS was and how bad HITS did....nobody discussed the one topic that did burn up the boards about Hits and a certain single....

I haven't looked so no idea.....but how has the Def Leppard stuff been selling lately in comparison to the KISS stuff. Is their a big sales difference so the label is putting out plenty of DL stuff?

Oh... time machine question. Probably to be standing on the stage watching the RIO show. Although, yeah, I'd love to go back to the Aucoin first show...and buy the merchandise rights etc. ha ha ha
Last edited by TheSphinx on Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AliveIIside4
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by AliveIIside4 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:07 pm

So glad to see you back Julian! Look forward to taking a listen. Thank you!

Ace Fury

Post by Ace Fury » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:36 pm

Really fun show. Going to listen to it again on headphones as I crash out tonight. The world is getting too stressful. I'm going to Kissland

Tallbear13
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by Tallbear13 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:58 pm

Really great to see you back Julian good show

Pete2174
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by Pete2174 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:13 am

Regarding the Def Leppard boxsets and what Kiss could do. Absolutely spot on by Admin (glad you're feeling better too). The DL sets are things of beauty and it saddens me that Kiss haven't/can't/won't release anything like this. For supposedly the biggest merch selling band in the world they sure do miss out on some great opportunities, instead inflicting tawdry rubbish that know one really wants.

Great episode again in these chaotic & troubled times. Stay safe & look after yourselves and again I am thankful to know that admin is on the mend.
Last edited by Pete2174 on Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

kiss-1976
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by kiss-1976 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:51 am

Now is the perfect opportunity for them to look into at least seeing what Universal and themselves have and possibly getting the ball rolling on some box sets/Deluxe editions. The music and touring industry could possibly be decimated by this virus for years to come. I don't think that there is going to be a mad rush on getting on a Cruise ship or gathering in a crowd for a concert for a long time to come... Box sets will generate income and keep fans happy in the meantime.

Mackemkiss
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by Mackemkiss » Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:29 am

Great to see you back Julian. A real tonic for the troops!

metaldad
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!

Post by metaldad » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:33 pm

Good to see you up and about Mr Gill
🤘🍻🤘

Admin
Why?

Post by Admin » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:45 pm

Thanks folks!

kissprofessor
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by kissprofessor » Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:55 pm

Glad you are back Julian!!

Eddie Van Hazel

Post by Eddie Van Hazel » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:13 pm

Welcome back J. Great episode!

Paul must have listened to the latest episode because he's doing an acoustic
thing/chat tomorrow on Facebook. No estimated time was given yet.

Admin
Why?

Post by Admin » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:15 pm

Eddie Van Hazel wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:13 pm
Welcome back J. Great episode!

Paul must have listened to the latest episode because he's doing an acoustic
thing/chat tomorrow on Facebook. No estimated time was given yet.
Thank you.

And thank you Paul. Tell me about "Tears Are Falling" and "Who Wants To Be Lonely," please.

Forevertj

Post by Forevertj » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:42 pm

metaldad wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:33 pm
Good to see you up and about Mr Gill
🤘🍻🤘

YES, We need Jules to be alive and well!

Bruce

Post by Bruce » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:46 pm

Admin wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:15 pm
And thank you Paul. Tell me about "Tears Are Falling" and "Who Wants To Be Lonely," please.
I would like to second this, myself. Would be very interested!

Mr Slow

Post by Mr Slow » Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:52 pm

I find it fun when you guys discuss the topics here. Kinda makes the FAQ come alive in a way. If you ever have a slow news week it’s great that you can always fall back on that. Good stuff. 8)

Rhiannon
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by Rhiannon » Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:15 am

Good episode. Julian, interesting to hear you briefly mention about bootlegs you had of Escape From The Island, I think you said you had 10 different versions.That sort of stuff is fascinating to me.The Elder (one my fave favourites) has a treasure trove of goodies that would make an unbelievable deluxe release.

Just to clarify, do Paul and Gene have anything to do with what Universal release? If they do, I wonder if somewhere there is a fractured relationship between the 2 parties?If they don’t, then why do Universal choose to do nothing better with the Kiss catalogue.They really need someone behind the scenes who is KISS fan or some kind of understanding what fans really want moving forward.

Why so much great stuff of Def Leppard ( great band, especially everything up to Hysteria) is so well packaged and released and nothing decent from the Kiss catalog is released is bewildering.

People may say it’s because Resurrected and LG deluxe didn’t do well, agreed, but there was nothing special about them.Do a proper release, maybe with COTN, include demos, live audio show from Brazil or what about The Elder....demos(endless), Friday’s live performance on CD, remix of the album....possibilities endless.

Cmon, as a fan of 43 years, no touring i believe that will be at least 6 months away until they can control this virus, we need something outta the box.

Admin
Why?

Post by Admin » Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:49 am

Rhiannon wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:15 am
Just to clarify, do Paul and Gene have anything to do with what Universal release?
There must be some explanation as to why there's nothing. Or why Resurrected and LGD were so poor. At least I'd hope so. I'd love to go into UMG and see what is still available and see what could be done, both within the context of a large box and DL-like era boxes. BUT, I'd expect to be too many hurdles.

Rhiannon
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by Rhiannon » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:01 am

Admin wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:49 am
Rhiannon wrote:
Just to clarify, do Paul and Gene have anything to do with what Universal release?
There must be some explanation as to why there's nothing. Or why Resurrected and LGD were so poor. At least I'd hope so. I'd love to go into UMG and see what is still available and see what could be done, both within the context of a large box and DL-like era boxes. BUT, I'd expect to be too many hurdles.
And that’s a legitimate question....who or what are creating the hurdles, Kiss or Universal?

peopleselbow
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by peopleselbow » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:55 am

Thank God you are better Julian.

The Hydroxychloroquine mention is very important. It will be interesting to see if this is truly a game changer.

Ace of Bass
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by Ace of Bass » Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:27 am

Admin wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:49 am
Rhiannon wrote:
Do you think the powers that be feel there aren't enough of us that care enough to buy it? One would think if deluxe releases were in the cards, they would have been done as part of a marketing tie-in with the EOTR. It's depressing to think we're such a small community it's not worth the production effort.

AJrox
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by AJrox » Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:46 am

Really fun episode and I'm glad to see you're doing well, Julian.

Def Leppard is another one of my favorite bands, so I am in total agreement in how their recent box sets have made KISS' lack of releases odd. I would love something like The Early Years box set for KISS. I would love for them to use this time to maybe put something like that together.

I also agree in that I hope they start using their YouTube channel more. Honestly, I felt it's been lacking well before all the quarantine stuff and I'm watching other bands pass them by in terms of it. I hope they do something similar to Metallica's concert every Monday plan. I know I've said this on many other threads, but it appears they recorded the Whisky show so why not release that one? It would be something new, and would be a way to advertise the End of the Road without really giving any of the show away; which shouldn't be an issue in the era of YouTube anyway. Regardless, they should be sitting on recent pro shot material that would be perfect for a release; and if they don't want to use that, then they have plenty of footage from previous tours. It would just be a cool things for the fans and would help rejuvenate their channel.

Blckdmnd
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by Blckdmnd » Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:20 am

Great episode, thanks! And glad to see Julian back!