Download 2020 - CANCELLED!

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
Post Reply
KingOfHearts89
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1183
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:50 am

Download 2020 - CANCELLED!

Post by KingOfHearts89 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:22 am

Just announced that Download in the UK has been cancelled, we know a certain band was meant to play there Friday night!

This isn't a good indication for KISS' Europe tour either...

User avatar
TheSpoiler
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1796
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:56 pm

Re: Download 2020 - CANCELLED!

Post by TheSpoiler » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:25 am

Dammit. But - a reasonable move under the circumstances.

User avatar
Admin
Why?
Posts: 13560
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2003 2:53 pm
Contact:

Re: Download 2020 - CANCELLED!

Post by Admin » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:27 am


User avatar
Pete2174
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!
Posts: 2356
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:07 am
Location: Ok UK!

Re: Download 2020 - CANCELLED!

Post by Pete2174 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:39 am

Been waiting for this news since this was called a pandemic.
Best decision in the long run really. I’d guess the Euro tour will be off too. June isn’t that far away really and if were over the worst it would be stupid to risk another explosion of cases.

User avatar
Tito
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 3556
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:36 am
Location: Shady side of town.

Re: Download 2020 - CANCELLED!

Post by Tito » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:52 am

KingOfHearts89 wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:22 am
This isn't a good indication for KISS' Europe tour either...
No way will there be any European tour in June.

User avatar
Pete2174
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!
Posts: 2356
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:07 am
Location: Ok UK!

Re: Download 2020 - CANCELLED!

Post by Pete2174 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:53 am

Tito wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:52 am
KingOfHearts89 wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:22 am
This isn't a good indication for KISS' Europe tour either...
No way will there be any European tour in June.
I’m guessing no touring until September/October if any this year.

I guess the stadium tour will be off soon too.

warmachine 70
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!
Posts: 95
Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:26 am

Re: Download 2020 - CANCELLED!

Post by warmachine 70 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:05 am

Who knows maybe a new album out of all this craziness 8)

User avatar
BC Witch
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!
Posts: 795
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:10 am

Re: Download 2020 - CANCELLED!

Post by BC Witch » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:17 am

Some other bands who have postponed shows are already announcing resheduled gigs in September so hopefully KISS tour dates will happen around then too. Let's all hope we get through this thing by then.

User avatar
BeholderFan
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!
Posts: 935
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:09 pm

Re: Download 2020 - CANCELLED!

Post by BeholderFan » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:20 am

September is more likely when the band will be able tour. We will have to keep our fingers crossed. I suspected that if the Glastonbury Festival was cancelled, Download would also have to be cancelled. The band's show in Costa Rica on April 28th was also cancelled.

KingOfHearts89
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1183
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:50 am

Re: Download 2020 - CANCELLED!

Post by KingOfHearts89 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:33 am

Tito wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:52 am
KingOfHearts89 wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:22 am
This isn't a good indication for KISS' Europe tour either...
No way will there be any European tour in June.
Gonna be interesting to see if KISS will stick to ending in July 2021

User avatar
doombies
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!
Posts: 442
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:13 pm

Re: Download 2020 - CANCELLED!

Post by doombies » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:34 am

damn, ain’t lookin good for KISS, no fucking way they’re gonna play italy or china…😬

KingOfHearts89
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1183
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:50 am

Re: Download 2020 - CANCELLED!

Post by KingOfHearts89 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:34 am

warmachine 70 wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:05 am
Who knows maybe a new album out of all this craziness 8)
I highly doubt it!

kenn.ace
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 3501
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:23 pm

Re: Download 2020 - CANCELLED!

Post by kenn.ace » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:46 am

KingOfHearts89 wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:33 am
Tito wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:52 am
KingOfHearts89 wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:22 am
This isn't a good indication for KISS' Europe tour either...
No way will there be any European tour in June.
Gonna be interesting to see if KISS will stick to ending in July 2021
Probably just carry on into the 50th anniversary tour now and then keep going after that.

User avatar
Tallbear13
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!
Posts: 654
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:38 pm
Location: Catawba NC

Re: Download 2020 - CANCELLED!

Post by Tallbear13 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:30 am

WOW no surprise but still WOW, The Epicenter Festival 3 day at Charlotte Motor Speedway Campground where Metallica was going to play 2 days in May its cancelled too it used to be called Carolina Rebellion then with the promotors split last year they changed the name moved it to back to Rockingham speedway for one year then they got out of the contract and moved it back

User avatar
Den Dennis
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1469
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:26 pm
Location: Bad News

Re: Download 2020 - CANCELLED!

Post by Den Dennis » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:30 am

The way things are going no one will be touring this year.

User avatar
BeholderFan
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!
Posts: 935
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:09 pm

Re: Download 2020 - CANCELLED!

Post by BeholderFan » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:37 am

Den Dennis wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:30 am
The way things are going no one will be touring this year.
Hopefully, late August onwards can be salvaged.

User avatar
Pete2174
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!
Posts: 2356
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:07 am
Location: Ok UK!

Re: Download 2020 - CANCELLED!

Post by Pete2174 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:44 am

BeholderFan wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:37 am
Den Dennis wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:30 am
The way things are going no one will be touring this year.
Hopefully, late August onwards can be salvaged.
Not worth the risk. Kill the damn virus first.

KingOfHearts89
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1183
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:50 am

Re: Download 2020 - CANCELLED!

Post by KingOfHearts89 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:19 am

Pete2174 wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:44 am
BeholderFan wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:37 am
Den Dennis wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:30 am
The way things are going no one will be touring this year.
Hopefully, late August onwards can be salvaged.
Not worth the risk. Kill the damn virus first.
The virus dies at like 25-30 degrees so it should unless we turn into the ice age be gone by then

User avatar
BeholderFan
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!
Posts: 935
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:09 pm

Re: Download 2020 - CANCELLED!

Post by BeholderFan » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:24 am

Pete2174 wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:44 am
BeholderFan wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:37 am
Den Dennis wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:30 am
The way things are going no one will be touring this year.
Hopefully, late August onwards can be salvaged.
Not worth the risk. Kill the damn virus first.
That could take forever. Do you want to sit at home forever? They are talking about 18 months to possibly get a vaccine. Unless you (meaning collective you, not YOU, personally) are rich, or are an essential worker or can work from home, do you really think everyone is going to stay at home for 18 months?

User avatar
So Cruel
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1265
Joined: Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:19 am

Re: Download 2020 - CANCELLED!

Post by So Cruel » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:41 am

KingOfHearts89 wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:19 am
Pete2174 wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:44 am
BeholderFan wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:37 am
Den Dennis wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:30 am
The way things are going no one will be touring this year.
Hopefully, late August onwards can be salvaged.
Not worth the risk. Kill the damn virus first.
The virus dies at like 25-30 degrees so it should unless we turn into the ice age be gone by then
?

While we all hope that the heat will kill it there’s no proof of that yet. The virus is alive and well in hotter climates like Australia, Philippines, etc..

KingOfHearts89
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1183
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:50 am

Re: Download 2020 - CANCELLED!

Post by KingOfHearts89 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:49 am

So Cruel wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:41 am
KingOfHearts89 wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:19 am
Pete2174 wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:44 am
BeholderFan wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:37 am
Den Dennis wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:30 am
The way things are going no one will be touring this year.
Hopefully, late August onwards can be salvaged.
Not worth the risk. Kill the damn virus first.
The virus dies at like 25-30 degrees so it should unless we turn into the ice age be gone by then
?

While we all hope that the heat will kill it there’s no proof of that yet. The virus is alive and well in hotter climates like Australia, Philippines, etc..
Tbh I didn't know that, It was some time ago I read that it could!

What I will say is the virus is always going to be here, doing what we all should be doing now by staying indoors and not contacting each other will reduce its spread so much so that it becomes a rare thing to get. So if people are sensible enough to this over the next few months we can salvage this year!

User avatar
Tito
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 3556
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:36 am
Location: Shady side of town.

Re: Download 2020 - CANCELLED!

Post by Tito » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:57 am

KingOfHearts89 wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:19 am
The virus dies at like 25-30 degrees so it should unless we turn into the ice age be gone by then
Friendly advice, I'd avoid making statements like the above unless you're 100% certain of the information. You wouldn't want to be one of those "self-educated internet 'expert' clowns", right?

User avatar
FiveCardStud
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet
Posts: 169
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:43 am

Re: Download 2020 - CANCELLED!

Post by FiveCardStud » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:04 am

I do fear I have seen the last of KISS live in this capacity I was going to go to Download for another last hurrah (maybe my 5-6th last hurrah of seeing KISS).
I think i'll save myself for the NY show July 21 or whenever it will be now.
Even if there's no other members, hey it's the last "show".

User avatar
KLP68
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!
Posts: 561
Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:02 pm
Location: South Texas

Re: Download 2020 - CANCELLED!

Post by KLP68 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:05 am

Looks like all summer tours are going to be canceled.

User avatar
jannep17
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 8190
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:07 pm

Re: Download 2020 - CANCELLED!

Post by jannep17 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:25 am

doombies wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:34 am
damn, ain’t lookin good for KISS, no fucking way they’re gonna play italy or china…😬
Wait a minute, were there dates in China?

Arrogant
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!
Posts: 83
Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:50 pm

Re: Download 2020 - CANCELLED!

Post by Arrogant » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:00 am

I suspect you'll see a lot of Euro fests follow suit. It usually only takes one to get the ball rolling.

User avatar
doombies
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!
Posts: 442
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:13 pm

Re: Download 2020 - CANCELLED!

Post by doombies » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:24 am

jannep17 wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:25 am
doombies wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:34 am
damn, ain’t lookin good for KISS, no fucking way they’re gonna play italy or china…😬
Wait a minute, were there dates in China?
i think they were gonna try to play in china…

KingOfHearts89
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1183
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:50 am

Re: Download 2020 - CANCELLED!

Post by KingOfHearts89 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:18 pm

Tito wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:57 am
KingOfHearts89 wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:19 am
The virus dies at like 25-30 degrees so it should unless we turn into the ice age be gone by then
Friendly advice, I'd avoid making statements like the above unless you're 100% certain of the information. You wouldn't want to be one of those "self-educated internet 'expert' clowns", right?
Well I thought i was correct but I admit to my mistakes, it was only a few weeks ago I read that it could be but everything is constantly developing. My bad!

KingOfHearts89
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1183
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:50 am

Re: Download 2020 - CANCELLED!

Post by KingOfHearts89 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:21 pm

Arrogant wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:00 am
I suspect you'll see a lot of Euro fests follow suit. It usually only takes one to get the ball rolling.
There's already been a few in the UK like Glastonbury cancelled. I'd be surprised if any go ahead.

User avatar
Tito
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 3556
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:36 am
Location: Shady side of town.

Re: Download 2020 - CANCELLED!

Post by Tito » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:22 pm

KingOfHearts89 wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:18 pm
Tito wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:57 am
KingOfHearts89 wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:19 am
The virus dies at like 25-30 degrees so it should unless we turn into the ice age be gone by then
Friendly advice, I'd avoid making statements like the above unless you're 100% certain of the information. You wouldn't want to be one of those "self-educated internet 'expert' clowns", right?
Well I thought i was correct but I admit to my mistakes, it was only a few weeks ago I read that it could be but everything is constantly developing. My bad!
8) Stay safe.

KingOfHearts89
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1183
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:50 am

Re: Download 2020 - CANCELLED!

Post by KingOfHearts89 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:27 pm

Tito wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:22 pm
KingOfHearts89 wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:18 pm
Tito wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:57 am
KingOfHearts89 wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:19 am
The virus dies at like 25-30 degrees so it should unless we turn into the ice age be gone by then
Friendly advice, I'd avoid making statements like the above unless you're 100% certain of the information. You wouldn't want to be one of those "self-educated internet 'expert' clowns", right?
Well I thought i was correct but I admit to my mistakes, it was only a few weeks ago I read that it could be but everything is constantly developing. My bad!
8) Stay safe.
You too!

User avatar
Under The Rose
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 3447
Joined: Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:27 am
Location: The Ancient Table

Re: Download 2020 - CANCELLED!

Post by Under The Rose » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:13 pm

When it returns they should just call it Donington. Download is such a crap name.

User avatar
steveh67
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 3303
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:56 pm

Re: Download 2020 - CANCELLED!

Post by steveh67 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:34 pm

Will this help Paul Stanley's voice recover a little a least

Post Reply