Vinnie Creatures Interview

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
Velvis
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Re: Vinnie Creatures Interview

Post by Velvis »

banks wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:17 am
I don't mind the rambling, but it surprises me how little he remembers about the songs. Something like Not For The Innocent. Kiss never played it, so Gene hasn't played it since any more than Vinnie. Yet Gene can still play even the guitar riff, which he didn't play on the album I'm sure, and Vinnie says he didn't even remember the song existed. And the song titles (from the LIU album) Mike throws at him don't seem to ring that many bells.
Sidenote: I saw the Kiss tribute band Mr. Speed last month and they played Not For The Innocent and it was AWESOME.

Doose
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by Doose »

Velvis wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:28 am
Doose wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:04 pm
Admin wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:49 am
As happened (IMO only) with the road krew, he needs to be careful not to devalue any possible book.
I had similar sentiments. I think a potential book has been greatly devalued by these more in-depth interviews, especially when he admits to not remembering any more details.
Is there really a profitable book from Vinnie Vincent? Sure it would be interesting for diehards, but outside of that zero music/general public would be interested.
Agreed. He would have had to jump on the book idea within months of the Atlanta KISS Expo when he was liked and had public support, but instead he immediately started doing horror conventions, posted vicious attacks on Facebook, had the disastrous Vault appearance, followed by the disastrous Miami appearance, and ultimately he quickly and efficiently destroyed all of the positivity and goodwill he had coming out of Atlanta.

Thunderous_Lay
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by Thunderous_Lay »

Kisscandinavia wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:33 am
My guess is that Vinnie remembers all those songs very well, but maybe it is just cooler to say that he doesn't remember or care about them. He has a very good memory. He even seems to remember his fans names even though he has seen them only once before.
If he doesn't remember anything, or pretends not to, what's the point of an interview ?

Spiritual_Chaos

Post by Spiritual_Chaos »

Really good interview I thought. Vinnie actually had some good information in his answers

banks

Post by banks »

Velvis wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:44 am
banks wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:17 am
I don't mind the rambling, but it surprises me how little he remembers about the songs. Something like Not For The Innocent. Kiss never played it, so Gene hasn't played it since any more than Vinnie. Yet Gene can still play even the guitar riff, which he didn't play on the album I'm sure, and Vinnie says he didn't even remember the song existed. And the song titles (from the LIU album) Mike throws at him don't seem to ring that many bells.
Sidenote: I saw the Kiss tribute band Mr. Speed last month and they played Not For The Innocent and it was AWESOME.
I'm sure it was! 8)

TheSpoiler
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by TheSpoiler »

Doose wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:05 am
Velvis wrote:
Doose wrote:
Admin wrote:
As happened (IMO only) with the road krew, he needs to be careful not to devalue any possible book.
I had similar sentiments. I think a potential book has been greatly devalued by these more in-depth interviews, especially when he admits to not remembering any more details.
Is there really a profitable book from Vinnie Vincent? Sure it would be interesting for diehards, but outside of that zero music/general public would be interested.
Agreed. He would have had to jump on the book idea within months of the Atlanta KISS Expo when he was liked and had public support, but instead he immediately started doing horror conventions, posted vicious attacks on Facebook, had the disastrous Vault appearance, followed by the disastrous Miami appearance, and ultimately he quickly and efficiently destroyed all of the positivity and goodwill he had coming out of Atlanta.
You're doing this again? I supposed it's a bit more sane that "wave of goodwill with the world at his feet" this time, but Vinnie has never had "public support" of "positivity and goodwill" because of posts from people like yourself who are waiting for him to fall. When he does deliver, like with the two bash events so far, you're right there to pick them apart too.

I don't know what your agenda is but it's a fucking strange one.

Doose

Post by Doose »

TheSpoiler wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:58 pm
Doose wrote:
Velvis wrote:
Doose wrote:
Admin wrote:
You're doing this again? I supposed it's a bit more sane that "wave of goodwill with the world at his feet" this time, but Vinnie has never had "public support" of "positivity and goodwill" because of posts from people like yourself who are waiting for him to fall. When he does deliver, like with the two bash events so far, you're right there to pick them apart too.

Why do you obsess on my opinions, but no one else's? lol. It's weird, dude. You don't comment when I post stuff about Tommy's meet and greet or Gene's nose hair or Paul's dumb shoes. Try to not obsess on my Vinnie comments for a week. You'll feel much better.

And Vinnie has not "delivered" on the bashes. They've been $500 schlocky, cheaply put together, amateurish events for 15-20 sycophants desperate to stay in Vinnie's good graces. But Vinnie promised Felix Cavaliere and a Treasure reunion at the VD weekend, so let's see if he delivers.

Crown Royal
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!

Post by Crown Royal »

Doose wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:03 pm

Why do you obsess on my opinions, but no one else's? lol.
Don't think you're special. He just loves to argue and fight, so will go after one and all.

And, if you dare get the better of him in an argument, which you obviously have done, he will practically stalk you. :lol:

Doose

Post by Doose »

Crown Royal wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:19 pm
Doose wrote:

Don't think you're special. He just loves to argue and fight, so will go after one and all.

And, if you dare get the better of him in an argument, which you obviously have done, he will practically stalk you. :lol:
Yeah, I think you're right.

TheSpoiler
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by TheSpoiler »

Crown Royal wrote:
Doose wrote:

Spoken like someone who has been proven conclusively to be full of it. :lol:

Luchino
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by Luchino »

am I the only one drooling over the idea of listening to those tapes of songwriting sessions from '82/'83 ??
it would really be a shame if that never sees the light of day

Rip Rokken
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Rip Rokken »

Doose wrote:
TheSpoiler wrote:
Doose wrote:
Velvis wrote:
Doose wrote:
Admin wrote:

Why do you obsess on my opinions, but no one else's? lol. It's weird, dude. You don't comment when I post stuff about Tommy's meet and greet or Gene's nose hair or Paul's dumb shoes. Try to not obsess on my Vinnie comments for a week. You'll feel much better.

And Vinnie has not "delivered" on the bashes. They've been $500 schlocky, cheaply put together, amateurish events for 15-20 sycophants desperate to stay in Vinnie's good graces. But Vinnie promised Felix Cavaliere and a Treasure reunion at the VD weekend, so let's see if he delivers.
I oughta tag in so we can bash you in stereo. :lol:

Andy Capp

Post by Andy Capp »

Mike‚ old Andy just wants to say you did a dynamite interview‚ and you deserve to give yourself a round of applause--!!!

👏

jkiss
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by jkiss »

Andy Capp wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:28 am
Mike‚ old Andy just wants to say you did a dynamite interview‚ and you deserve to give yourself a round of applause--!!!

👏
:thumleft:

Best exclusive interview I've heard to date from Vinnie & also one conducted by Mike. Thank-you both, guys! :santa:

And here's an old University of New Orleans magazine with "Carnival KISS" article & COTN Superdome Valentine's concert listing:

Wavelength (February 1983)

:study:

douloveme
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by douloveme »

I’m no Vinnie hater by any stretch, but goddamn listening to him interviewed can be frustrating. Rambling and repetitive. In this case he cut off Mike and spoke over him a number of times. Mike made a real commendable effort to keep things moving and on track, but at 2hrs+ long it’s tough going.

To me Vinnie almost sounds semi drunk (or at least tipsy) in this interview. And I’m sorry, but anyone who says the sound of Creatures isn’t good, but releases something of the horrific audio fidelity of the Euphoria ep (not to mention Speedball Jamm) has a screw loose, to put it mildly.

Supertrooper
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Supertrooper »

TheSpoiler wrote:
Doose wrote:
Velvis wrote:
Doose wrote:
Admin wrote:

What?! :shock: Vinnie is an insane lying crook who may not even be able to perform up to his selproclaimed standards, that's why he has so little good will.
Let's not forget that. Not because of some posts on KISSfaq! Man... :lol:
Last edited by Supertrooper on Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Stanley! You look so cute
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Stanley! You look so cute »

I remember seeing pics of Paul's home a few years back, his lounge is decorated in the same fabrics as the Pumas with animal prints and patterns everywhere, he really does love that Animalize style.

KIDGEO3

Post by KIDGEO3 »

OMG.....unlistenable (not Mike....Vinny)
Last edited by KIDGEO3 on Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Doose

Post by Doose »

Supertrooper wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:34 am
TheSpoiler wrote:
Doose wrote:
Velvis wrote:
Doose wrote:
Admin wrote:

What?! :shock: Vinnie is an insane lying crook who may not even be able to perform up to his selproclaimed standards, that's why he has so little good will.
Horror conventions
Attacking Decibel Geek
Blowing off Carmine Appice and Tony Franklin
Disastrous Vault appearance
Disastrous Miami appearance
Promising Jeff Scott Soto and Robert Fleischman without talking to them
Promising 3 new albums of material with Fleischman singing
Promising to deliver the box set (2 copies to those who ordered previously)
Charging $250 for a schlocky CD of outtakes
Selling Tom Palecki's guitars without paying him
Blowing off the guy who did the VV guitar pedal
Claiming he practices 7-8 hours a day
Calling fans "fucking morons" in interviews for questioning him
Promising Felix Cavaliere and a Treasure reunion in February
Promising Jeff Scott Soto for a May event

I think Vinnie does enough himself to warrant his reputation.

TheSpoiler
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by TheSpoiler »

Doose wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:05 am
Supertrooper wrote:
TheSpoiler wrote:
Doose wrote:
Velvis wrote:
Doose wrote:
Admin wrote:

Horror conventions
Attacking Decibel Geek

So the question remains - why spend so much time thinking, reading and talking about him?

Tito

Post by Tito »

TheSpoiler wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:13 am
Doose wrote:
Supertrooper wrote:
TheSpoiler wrote:
Doose wrote:
Velvis wrote:
Doose wrote:
Admin wrote:

Horror conventions
Attacking Decibel Geek

So the question remains - why spend so much time thinking, reading and talking about him?
Is that somehow different from you spending at least an equal amount of time questioning those who question something you've decided is not to be questioned? Surely you don't think you're coming across as the less obsessed one here.

TheSpoiler
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by TheSpoiler »

Tito wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:29 am
TheSpoiler wrote:
Doose wrote:
Supertrooper wrote:
TheSpoiler wrote:
Doose wrote:
Velvis wrote:
Doose wrote:
Admin wrote:

Horror conventions
Attacking Decibel Geek

Is that somehow different from you spending at least an equal amount of time questioning those who question something you've decided is not to be questioned? Surely you don't think you're coming across as the less obsessed one here.
Fans of any artist usually discuss things endlessly, yes? Because they enjoy it.

Why would someone endlessly discuss something they actively hate? Unless they enjoy it?

What do you reckon, Tito?

Doose

Post by Doose »

TheSpoiler wrote:
Doose wrote:
Supertrooper wrote:
TheSpoiler wrote:
Doose wrote:
Velvis wrote:
Doose wrote:
Admin wrote:

Horror conventions
Attacking Decibel Geek

Same reason people slow down to watch car wrecks.

TheSpoiler
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by TheSpoiler »

Doose wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:28 am
TheSpoiler wrote:
Doose wrote:
Supertrooper wrote:
TheSpoiler wrote:
Doose wrote:
Velvis wrote:
Doose wrote:
Admin wrote:

Horror conventions
Attacking Decibel Geek

Same reason people slow down to watch car wrecks.
Ah, you get a kick out of it. OK.

highvoltage1969

Post by highvoltage1969 »

Tito wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:29 am
TheSpoiler wrote:
Doose wrote:
Supertrooper wrote:
TheSpoiler wrote:
Doose wrote:
Velvis wrote:
Doose wrote:
Admin wrote:

Horror conventions
Attacking Decibel Geek

It's the flip side of the same coin, isn't it.

Thunderous_Lay

Post by Thunderous_Lay »

KIDGEO3 wrote:
OMG.....unlistenable (not Mike....Vinny)
Yup.

I gave it a try but to tell the truth, Cusano comes across as a deranged...

aceeg
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by aceeg »

:D

elleneff
Banned
Banned

Post by elleneff »

TheSpoiler wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:26 pm
Crown Royal wrote:
Doose wrote:

Why, its almost just like Pter was still here , man

TheSpoiler
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by TheSpoiler »

elleneff wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:12 pm
TheSpoiler wrote:
Crown Royal wrote:
Doose wrote:

Not as long as I can spell properly, my oily chum.

elleneff
Banned
Banned

Post by elleneff »

TheSpoiler wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:18 pm
elleneff wrote:
TheSpoiler wrote:
Crown Royal wrote:
Doose wrote:

You dont remember Pter? or Hey Man? Its like the pair of you were twins But Im sure your IMDB credits are far better. :)

TheSpoiler
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by TheSpoiler »

elleneff wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:24 pm
TheSpoiler wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:18 pm
elleneff wrote:
TheSpoiler wrote:
Crown Royal wrote:
Doose wrote:

You dont remember Pter? or Hey Man? Its like the pair of you were twins But Im sure your IMDB credits are far better. :)
IMDB? Is that one of the things you use to poke into people's private lives?

Nately120

Post by Nately120 »

I've half read this thread over the past few days and just now realized this is a new interview between Mike Brunn and Vinnie. Maybe I'll give it a listen tomorrow or something. He talked to Vinnie for about an hour at the xmas thing didn't he? I heard that, and Vinnie is supposedly doing 2 interviews/podcasts at the Valentine's thing...what's left to discuss?

Lofton23rdSt
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by Lofton23rdSt »

Nately120 wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:57 pm
I've half read this thread over the past few days and just now realized this is a new interview between Mike Brunn and Vinnie. Maybe I'll give it a listen tomorrow or something. He talked to Vinnie for about an hour at the xmas thing didn't he? I heard that, and Vinnie is supposedly doing 2 interviews/podcasts at the Valentine's thing...what's left to discuss?
He mentioned some of his 70's career in this podcast and he didn't even discuss Warrior here.

sneed78
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by sneed78 »

Tito wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:23 am
Cool gif, what footage is that from?
I believe it’s from a LIU interview in ‘83 when they played Portugal but I can’t seem to find it online... Eric and Vinnie act up all through the interview.

mbrunn
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by mbrunn »

Lofton23rdSt wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:19 pm
Nately120 wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:57 pm
He mentioned some of his 70's career in this podcast and he didn't even discuss Warrior here.
I loved hearing him talk about auditioning for Cher. I never knew that before.

Where's Drago?

Post by Where's Drago? »

This was a great listen. Vinnie's so engaging. Kudos for Mike for getting this down on tape. I really enjoyed it.

Nately120

Post by Nately120 »

Vinnie sure does spend the first 5 or 6 minutes of any interview laying the hyperbole rather thick. I'm Vinnie Vincent, the guitar GOD who hates hype.

hype

noun
extravagant or intensive publicity or promotion.

verb
promote or publicize (a product or idea) intensively, often exaggerating its importance or benefits

Tito

Post by Tito »

Nately120 wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:15 am
Vinnie sure does spend the first 5 or 6 minutes of any interview laying the hyperbole rather thick. I'm Vinnie Vincent, the guitar GOD who hates hype.

hype

noun

verb
promote or publicize (a product or idea) intensively, often exaggerating its importance or benefits
I'm going to release a 40 disc box set, three new albums and a book, and I fucking hate hype.

Nately120

Post by Nately120 »

Tito wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:18 am
Nately120 wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:15 am

hype

noun

verb
I'm going to release a 40 disc box set, three new albums and a book, and I fucking hate hype.
It's juts amusing that he starts off talking about hating hype and then gives an interesting, but completely overblown account of absolutely everything. Every question he's asked is the most amazing question and every thing he did he LOVED or HATED or it was MAGIC AND THE BEST or THE WORRRRST!!!!

I hate hype, now buckle up for some insane hyperbole! Interesting stuff, but I think he could come off a little more sane if he didn't spend the first 5 minutes of every interview contradicting his entire character.

Crown Royal

Post by Crown Royal »

I appreciate Mike's interview and sharing it with us, but I couldn't sit through this, Vinnie just creeps me out too much

battra

Post by battra »

TheSpoiler wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:41 pm
You're going to post on this forum that you're not familiar with the Internet Movie Database?

The site everybody uses every time we see someone in a movie and don't know their name???

TROLL ACCOUNT.

Crown Royal

Post by Crown Royal »

battra wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:47 am
TheSpoiler wrote:
You're going to post on this forum that you're not familiar with the Internet Movie Database?

The site everybody uses every time we see someone in a movie and don't know their name???

TROLL ACCOUNT.
I have to come clean here ...I've used IMDB a lot...but never knew it stood for "Internet Movie Database"

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

70skid

Post by 70skid »

Good interview. Overall VV in good spirits and positive which is good. I thought that VV’s response to Mike telling him that KISS honored the Creatures Tour on the Kruise was interesting. Mike was trying to convey that KISS honored his era as a positive thing but VV immediately reacted negatively with a nasty tone saying that it was without the real Vinnie Vincent. Mike handled it well and got VV back out of the negative.

Mike is a very effective and respectful interviewer.

TheSpoiler
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by TheSpoiler »

battra wrote:
TheSpoiler wrote:

TROLL ACCOUNT.
You've driven headlong into drama queen territory there, batty. :lol:

I was referring to Elleneff's history of "involving himself" in Vinnie's personal life. The IMDB part was just there because Elleneff mentioned it.

battra

Post by battra »

TheSpoiler wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:53 am
battra wrote:
TheSpoiler wrote:

TROLL ACCOUNT.

I was referring to Elleneff's history of "involving himself" in Vinnie's personal life. The IMDB part was just there because Elleneff mentioned it.
I'm not certain you know what drama queen means.

Much like you don't know what the word lazy means.

TheSpoiler
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by TheSpoiler »

battra wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:24 am
TheSpoiler wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:53 am
battra wrote:
TheSpoiler wrote:

TROLL ACCOUNT.

I'm not certain you know what drama queen means.

Much like you don't know what the word lazy means.
Well lets see - drama queen is someone who overreacts to trivia, like proclaiming TROLL ACCOUNT to a comment about IMDB.

Lazy is Ace Frehley.

Anything else I can clarify for you?

battra

Post by battra »

TheSpoiler wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:29 am
Well lets see - drama queen is someone who overreacts to trivia, like proclaiming TROLL ACCOUNT to a comment about IMDB.

Lazy is Ace Frehley.

Anything else I can clarify for you?
You asked if the Internet Movie Data Base is a spy tool.

Hardly trivial.

If Ace is lazy for being ghosted 1 time because he chose not to be there, what does that make Gene Simmons who chose not to play about 75 times?

TheSpoiler
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by TheSpoiler »

battra wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:34 am

Hardly trivial.
You missed the point. I won't bother explaining again.
battra wrote:
If Ace is lazy for being ghosted 1 time because he chose not to be there, what does that make Gene Simmons who chose not to play about 75 times?
The boss?

BTW, Ace was ghosted more than once - Destroyer, S4 of Alive II, Psycho Circus - and he also didn't play on some tracks on Unmasked (and possibly Dysnasty).

battra

Post by battra »

TheSpoiler wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:37 am
battra wrote:

Hardly trivial.
You missed the point. I won't bother explaining again.
battra wrote:
The boss?

BTW, Ace was ghosted more than once - Destroyer, S4 of Alive II, Psycho Circus - and he also didn't play on some tracks on Unmasked (and possibly Dysnasty).
You said there were layers...later, but no I don't believe you. As you can see, you're not exactly winning a truth telling contest here.

So, Ace is lazy for being ghosted once because he didn't choose to be there....

But Gene is the Boss because he chose not to be there?

TheSpoiler
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by TheSpoiler »

battra wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:59 am

You said there were layers...later, but no I don't believe you. As you can see, you're not exactly winning a truth telling contest here.
What the fuck are you on about, batty? Provide some quotes.