Will the Crue borrow from KISS yet again?

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
User avatar
Mr Slow
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 5330
Joined: Thu May 05, 2016 3:48 pm

Will the Crue borrow from KISS yet again?

Post by Mr Slow » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:09 pm

With all the talk about the Motley Crue & friends tour, I wonder if MC will borrow from another page in the KISS playbook and have Vince use pre-recorded vocals. Perhaps seeing the success KISS is having and nobody seemingly caring about vocal tracks is what inspired MC to get back out there. If they can do it, we can do it.

I saw the Crue on their last tour and have no doubt Vince was using tracks for at least a few songs. The chorus from On With The Show literally sounded like it was straight from the first record! But there was still a lot of (god awful!) live vocals. What if they go the whole hog and have him do everything? It will sound a lot different to the last decade but assuming Vince drops several pounds, they could explain it away as him now simply being in better shape. In the case of KISS, they’ve had to explain nothing. Nobody but a small handful of journalists have even mentioned it.

Motley Crue have borrowed plenty of moves from KISS over the years (and vice verse) but could they be about to borrow one more? Time will tell, but I think we can agree that anything is an improvement on this! :lol:


Or click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pdQnZLEWNo

tazchris
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!
Posts: 426
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:15 am

Re: Will the Crue borrow from KISS yet again?

Post by tazchris » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:17 pm

I am 100% sure they will. It is the only possible way they will be able to get through this tour.

User avatar
ZachAttack
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!
Posts: 2137
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:09 am
Location: Branvold's Head

Re: Will the Crue borrow from KISS yet again?

Post by ZachAttack » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:44 pm

My prediction is 90% of the show will be on tape...the vocals, guitars, bass, pretty much everything but the drums

The main thing they'll steal from KISS is playing the same boring setlist year after year

User avatar
Crown Royal
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 12170
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:03 am
Location: Michigan

Re: Will the Crue borrow from KISS yet again?

Post by Crown Royal » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:11 pm

Of course they will use tracks, as will Lep and Poison. Probably the only 'real' performance on this entire tour will be Joan Jett, as she plays to 300 people during her thirty minute set at 6:30.

I saw Lep in 2007 and it was way too obvious they were using tracks.

At least no one from any of these bands have said previously that using vocal tracks is like ordering steak and getting dog food, or that the concert ticket should say on it that tracks are being used, and the price of the ticket should be pro-rated down, depending on the percentage of tracks being used.

So the difference here is that Gene and Paul's big mouths, once again, come back to bite them in the ass.

User avatar
Mr Slow
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 5330
Joined: Thu May 05, 2016 3:48 pm

Re: Will the Crue borrow from KISS yet again?

Post by Mr Slow » Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:00 pm

Crown Royal wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:11 pm
Of course they will use tracks, as will Lep and Poison. Probably the only 'real' performance on this entire tour will be Joan Jett, as she plays to 300 people during her thirty minute set at 6:30.

I saw Lep in 2007 and it was way too obvious they were using tracks.

At least no one from any of these bands have said previously that using vocal tracks is like ordering steak and getting dog food, or that the concert ticket should say on it that tracks are being used, and the price of the ticket should be pro-rated down, depending on the percentage of tracks being used.

So the difference here is that Gene and Paul's big mouths, once again, come back to bite them in the ass.
Bite them in the ass how exactly? What has it cost them?
We all know you’ve seen the numbers on this tour! :wink:

User avatar
highvoltage1969
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 6424
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:38 am

Re: Will the Crue borrow from KISS yet again?

Post by highvoltage1969 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:07 pm

Mr Slow wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:09 pm
With all the talk about the Motley Crue & friends tour, I wonder if MC will borrow from another page in the KISS playbook and have Vince use pre-recorded vocals. Perhaps seeing the success KISS is having and nobody seemingly caring about vocal tracks is what inspired MC to get back out there. If they can do it, we can do it.

I saw the Crue on their last tour and have no doubt Vince was using tracks for at least a few songs. The chorus from On With The Show literally sounded like it was straight from the first record! But there was still a lot of (god awful!) live vocals. What if they go the whole hog and have him do everything? It will sound a lot different to the last decade but assuming Vince drops several pounds, they could explain it away as him now simply being in better shape. In the case of KISS, they’ve had to explain nothing. Nobody but a small handful of journalists have even mentioned it.

Motley Crue have borrowed plenty of moves from KISS over the years (and vice verse) but could they be about to borrow one more? Time will tell, but I think we can agree that anything is an improvement on this! :lol:


Or click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pdQnZLEWNo
That video's hilarious :lol:

spaceace1977
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!
Posts: 774
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:44 pm

Re: Will the Crue borrow from KISS yet again?

Post by spaceace1977 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:08 pm

The logic that both these bands OPENED for KISS (with ES and TT in the line-up) in this same decade, playing the majority of shows in sheds and are now headlining STADIUMS...boggles the mind.

User avatar
ZachAttack
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!
Posts: 2137
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:09 am
Location: Branvold's Head

Re: Will the Crue borrow from KISS yet again?

Post by ZachAttack » Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:09 pm

Crown Royal wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:11 pm
Of course they will use tracks, as will Lep nand Poison. Probably the only 'real' performance on this entire tour will be Joan Jett, as she plays to 300 people during her thirty minute set at 6:30.

I saw Lep in 2007 and it was way too obvious they were using tracks.

At least no one from any of these bands have said previously that using vocal tracks is like ordering steak and getting dog food, or that the concert ticket should say on it that tracks are being used, and the price of the ticket should be pro-rated down, depending on the percentage of tracks being used.

So the difference here is that Gene and Paul's big mouths, once again, come back to bite them in the ass.
Everyone in Motley Crue saying we want to leave with integrity, we don't wanna be a band that has 20 farewell tours, we'll give out tickets for free, blah blah blah, was just as bad as what Paul and Gene did with the lipsyncing

User avatar
dtk07
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!
Posts: 423
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:24 am

Re: Will the Crue borrow from KISS yet again?

Post by dtk07 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:21 pm

spaceace1977 wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:08 pm
The logic that both these bands OPENED for KISS (with ES and TT in the line-up) in this same decade, playing the majority of shows in sheds and are now headlining STADIUMS...boggles the mind.
That was my first thought too. Don't forget Poison opened the 2004 Rock The Nation tour too. We'll see how it draws but it feels like a plus sized package tour that would draw 15,000 in arenas and sheds, not a stadium tour.

User avatar
Andy Capp
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1529
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:28 pm
Location: Taste The Oven Baked Crunch!

Re: Will the Crue borrow from KISS yet again?

Post by Andy Capp » Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:31 pm


Or click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pdQnZLEWNo

this made old Andy fall over in laughter----

😂

User avatar
jkiss
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!
Posts: 875
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:59 pm

Re: Will the Crue borrow from KISS yet again?

Post by jkiss » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:49 pm

Andy Capp wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:31 pm

Or click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pdQnZLEWNo

this made old Andy fall over in laughter----

😂
Yes, Vince has perfected it finally ...& I thought he was good at it in the '80's. I'm sure there's a whole new generation of kids ready to get punched in the face by Vince & after the raging drunk dives into the audience.

:oops:

User avatar
jkiss
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!
Posts: 875
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:59 pm

Re: Will the Crue borrow from KISS yet again?

Post by jkiss » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:52 pm

ZachAttack wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:44 pm
My prediction is 90% of the show will be on tape...the vocals, guitars, bass, pretty much everything but the drums.
:thumleft: Sounds to me they'll need all that, too.

User avatar
sagedrummer
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Posts: 305
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:59 am
Location: City of Angels

Re: Will the Crue borrow from KISS yet again?

Post by sagedrummer » Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:23 am

spaceace1977 wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:08 pm
The logic that both these bands OPENED for KISS (with ES and TT in the line-up) in this same decade, playing the majority of shows in sheds and are now headlining STADIUMS...boggles the mind.
I think Promoters are out of their minds. Live Nation booked Chris and Rich Robinson in arenas next year when they were last playing 3-4k theaters.

I think promoters think a lot of 15-25 year old are going to come out to see the Crue but I don’t see it happening. Journey and Leppard did Stadiums last summer though.
Last edited by sagedrummer on Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
redinthesky
Might as well be the Admin!
Might as well be the Admin!
Posts: 26426
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:17 am

Re: Will the Crue borrow from KISS yet again?

Post by redinthesky » Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:30 am

Pre-recorded tracks are way, way, way beyond being from the "Kiss playbook," you think Kiss innovated this? Even among hard rock bands? C'mon Slow, you're really stretching here, especially since right now on this very tour, Kiss is blatantly using Crue's "crane arms" or whatever they are, right out of the "Crue playbook." Heck, a few tours or so ago Kiss even borrowed from the "Jonas Brothers playbook" and completely stole their intro onto the stage. Oh wait, did I say "borrowed" and "stole?" I meant Kiss flat-out bought the mechanism from them!

So if (when?) Vince uses pre-recorded vocals, will Paul do what Nikki did with the crane arms that Kiss stole from the "Crue playbook," and put down Crue for using recorded vocals? Will Paul on his twitter say, "I see Crue, specifically Vince Neil, is stealing my routine of faking the vocals! Show some originality guys!"

User avatar
Mr Slow
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 5330
Joined: Thu May 05, 2016 3:48 pm

Re: Will the Crue borrow from KISS yet again?

Post by Mr Slow » Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:14 am

redinthesky wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:30 am
Pre-recorded tracks are way, way, way beyond being from the "Kiss playbook," you think Kiss innovated this? Even among hard rock bands? C'mon Slow, you're really stretching here, especially since right now on this very tour, Kiss is blatantly using Crue's "crane arms" or whatever they are, right out of the "Crue playbook." Heck, a few tours or so ago Kiss even borrowed from the "Jonas Brothers playbook" and completely stole their intro onto the stage. Oh wait, did I say "borrowed" and "stole?" I meant Kiss flat-out bought the mechanism from them!

So if (when?) Vince uses pre-recorded vocals, will Paul do what Nikki did with the crane arms that Kiss stole from the "Crue playbook," and put down Crue for using recorded vocals? Will Paul on his twitter say, "I see Crue, specifically Vince Neil, is stealing my routine of faking the vocals! Show some originality guys!"
Why so serious??? Clearly it was tongue in cheek. Yeesh!!!

User avatar
SaintN'Sinner83
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 19383
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:00 pm
Location: Outta This World...while Inside the Vortex.

Re: Will the Crue borrow from KISS yet again?

Post by SaintN'Sinner83 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:51 am

They're already borrowing the whole PR shtick of "the magic is back" from KISS for this new tour.

User avatar
Mackemkiss
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!
Posts: 2044
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:57 pm

Re: Will the Crue borrow from KISS yet again?

Post by Mackemkiss » Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:56 am

I've never seen Crue as having "integrity"
that's not a slam on them just how I see them

User avatar
steveh67
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 3191
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:56 pm

Re: Will the Crue borrow from KISS yet again?

Post by steveh67 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:42 am

Wow, the Poison guys have really aged since I last saw images of them.

User avatar
John Connor
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member
Posts: 263
Joined: Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:48 am

Re: Will the Crue borrow from KISS yet again?

Post by John Connor » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:15 am

Mr Slow wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:09 pm



Or click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pdQnZLEWNo
I have not laughed like that in quite some time. "Big Mac $1.03" :lol: I'm dead. Thank you for posting that.

User avatar
Wiped Out 78
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 4185
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:40 am

Re: Will the Crue borrow from KISS yet again?

Post by Wiped Out 78 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:21 am

Haven't MC been using pre-recorded tracks for a while?

Nikki didn't call out KISS for using tracks, he called them out for being hypocritical about it.

User avatar
Crown Royal
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 12170
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:03 am
Location: Michigan

Re: Will the Crue borrow from KISS yet again?

Post by Crown Royal » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:25 am

ZachAttack wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:09 pm
Crown Royal wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:11 pm
Of course they will use tracks, as will Lep nand Poison. Probably the only 'real' performance on this entire tour will be Joan Jett, as she plays to 300 people during her thirty minute set at 6:30.

I saw Lep in 2007 and it was way too obvious they were using tracks.

At least no one from any of these bands have said previously that using vocal tracks is like ordering steak and getting dog food, or that the concert ticket should say on it that tracks are being used, and the price of the ticket should be pro-rated down, depending on the percentage of tracks being used.

So the difference here is that Gene and Paul's big mouths, once again, come back to bite them in the ass.
Everyone in Motley Crue saying we want to leave with integrity, we don't wanna be a band that has 20 farewell tours, we'll give out tickets for free, blah blah blah, was just as bad as what Paul and Gene did with the lipsyncing
Yes, it is. But this thread was addressing the lip-syncing issue, so that's what I addressed.

User avatar
Crown Royal
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 12170
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:03 am
Location: Michigan

Re: Will the Crue borrow from KISS yet again?

Post by Crown Royal » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:26 am

Mr Slow wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:00 pm
Crown Royal wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:11 pm
Of course they will use tracks, as will Lep and Poison. Probably the only 'real' performance on this entire tour will be Joan Jett, as she plays to 300 people during her thirty minute set at 6:30.

I saw Lep in 2007 and it was way too obvious they were using tracks.

At least no one from any of these bands have said previously that using vocal tracks is like ordering steak and getting dog food, or that the concert ticket should say on it that tracks are being used, and the price of the ticket should be pro-rated down, depending on the percentage of tracks being used.

So the difference here is that Gene and Paul's big mouths, once again, come back to bite them in the ass.
Bite them in the ass how exactly? What has it cost them?
We all know you’ve seen the numbers on this tour! :wink:
Not financially, but how it makes them look. Huge hypocrites.

Talk your talk. Either serve the people steak when they order steak, or pro-rate your tickets in price. You called on other bands to do it, why not you?

User avatar
Crown Royal
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 12170
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:03 am
Location: Michigan

Re: Will the Crue borrow from KISS yet again?

Post by Crown Royal » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:27 am

steveh67 wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:42 am
Wow, the Poison guys have really aged since I last saw images of them.
If it wasn't for Brett Michaels in the picture I wouldn't have known it was them :shock:

User avatar
peopleselbow
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1758
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:38 pm

Re: Will the Crue borrow from KISS yet again?

Post by peopleselbow » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:29 am

They have to. I saw Vince open for Sammy Hagar this summer and he can barely sing. He's terribly out of shape and his voice is gone.

User avatar
redinthesky
Might as well be the Admin!
Might as well be the Admin!
Posts: 26426
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:17 am

Re: Will the Crue borrow from KISS yet again?

Post by redinthesky » Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:17 am

Mr Slow wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:14 am
redinthesky wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:30 am
Pre-recorded tracks are way, way, way beyond being from the "Kiss playbook," you think Kiss innovated this? Even among hard rock bands? C'mon Slow, you're really stretching here, especially since right now on this very tour, Kiss is blatantly using Crue's "crane arms" or whatever they are, right out of the "Crue playbook." Heck, a few tours or so ago Kiss even borrowed from the "Jonas Brothers playbook" and completely stole their intro onto the stage. Oh wait, did I say "borrowed" and "stole?" I meant Kiss flat-out bought the mechanism from them!

So if (when?) Vince uses pre-recorded vocals, will Paul do what Nikki did with the crane arms that Kiss stole from the "Crue playbook," and put down Crue for using recorded vocals? Will Paul on his twitter say, "I see Crue, specifically Vince Neil, is stealing my routine of faking the vocals! Show some originality guys!"
Why so serious??? Clearly it was tongue in cheek. Yeesh!!!
It's funny, every time you get busted (which is quite often and not just from me) you pull the "why so serious" act. Are you the Joker? Just because a post gets a few laughs doesn't mean the poster didn't mean his intent. So really, that act of your is old, you got busted, once again. And it's absolutely hilarious seeing you, you of all people even try that act, because YOU take all this stuff wayyyy more seriously than anybody here. You are always ready to reply with a long droning soliloquy whenever someone writes anything not one hundred percent pro-Kiss.

User avatar
Wichita77
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!
Posts: 674
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:32 pm

Re: Will the Crue borrow from KISS yet again?

Post by Wichita77 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:03 am

I mentioned earlier that I'd give a pass to KISS that I wouldn't give to others, so after giving this some thought I think I'll pass on MC/DL show. Paying hundreds of dollars to see something that isn't 100% real, isn't that appealing to me.

When you think about it, even if you settle for the cheap seats in a Stadium, you are basically getting pre-recorded music on a big screen like you do at home--without the lazy boy or the pause button for bathroom breaks.

I think I'd rather go to a club in Nashville and watch some up and coming bands or head over to BB Kings to listen to some seasoned musicians playing the blues.

User avatar
TheSpoiler
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!
Posts: 832
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:56 pm

Re: Will the Crue borrow from KISS yet again?

Post by TheSpoiler » Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:04 am

redinthesky wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:17 am
You are always ready to reply with a long droning soliloquy
Irony. :roll:

User avatar
KIDGEO3
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 3974
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:23 am
Location: NEW JERSEY

Re: Will the Crue borrow from KISS yet again?

Post by KIDGEO3 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:12 am

This is TSO from 2012......who borrowed from who??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqXMBXTe8CM&t=118s

User avatar
J-Lefty
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1839
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:36 am
Location: New Jersey

Re: Will the Crue borrow from KISS yet again?

Post by J-Lefty » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:03 am

Vince Neil has never been able to sing live and Crue fans didn't care. Why play to track now.
Like him or not Vince is out their hustling playing shows every where with a great band.
Its tough to keep the weight off without Coke though.

Velvis
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1069
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:11 pm

Re: Will the Crue borrow from KISS yet again?

Post by Velvis » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:50 am

Mr Slow wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:09 pm
With all the talk about the Motley Crue & friends tour, I wonder if MC will borrow from another page in the KISS playbook and have Vince use pre-recorded vocals. Perhaps seeing the success KISS is having and nobody seemingly caring about vocal tracks is what inspired MC to get back out there. If they can do it, we can do it.

I saw the Crue on their last tour and have no doubt Vince was using tracks for at least a few songs. The chorus from On With The Show literally sounded like it was straight from the first record! But there was still a lot of (god awful!) live vocals. What if they go the whole hog and have him do everything? It will sound a lot different to the last decade but assuming Vince drops several pounds, they could explain it away as him now simply being in better shape. In the case of KISS, they’ve had to explain nothing. Nobody but a small handful of journalists have even mentioned it.

Motley Crue have borrowed plenty of moves from KISS over the years (and vice verse) but could they be about to borrow one more? Time will tell, but I think we can agree that anything is an improvement on this! :lol:


Or click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pdQnZLEWNo
Outside of the studio Vince has sounded like shit for a LONG time now. I don't think it effects a Motley performance like Paul's voice would effect a KISS show.

spaceace1977
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!
Posts: 774
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:44 pm

Re: Will the Crue borrow from KISS yet again?

Post by spaceace1977 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:51 am

sagedrummer wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:23 am
spaceace1977 wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:08 pm
The logic that both these bands OPENED for KISS (with ES and TT in the line-up) in this same decade, playing the majority of shows in sheds and are now headlining STADIUMS...boggles the mind.
I think Promoters are out of their minds. Live Nation booked Chris and Rich Robinson in arenas next year when they were last playing 3-4k arenas.

I think promoters think a lot of 15-25 year old are going to come out to see the Crue but I don’t see it happening. Journey and Leppard did Stadiums last summer though.
It's all Live Nation - coast to coast.

LN gets a 360 deal for their investment...a large cut of merch, parking, food/drinks.

The Black Crowes tour is a total joke and the public ain't biting. Last week they had 30% off sale...this was just a couple weeks after tix went on sale.

The fact that they're booked at the LA Forum, when in their heyday selling millions of records, never headlined a US arena once...shows just how ridiculous LN speculation of what 'success' is.

But what exactly is the allure for this stadium tour? All of a sudden 45,000 people want to buy insanely overpriced tix for a show the features the same has-been bands that have toured the U.S. for what seems like every single summer for the past 15 years? Just add Cheap Trick and that completes the never-ending redundancy of these bills.

Because of Z-list, made for TV movie? Netflix is a couple bucks a month. These 'new fans' they claim they have don't have $300 to spend on a ticket in the 800th row.
Last edited by spaceace1977 on Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:03 am, edited 7 times in total.

User avatar
stutterer
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 2791
Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:28 pm

Re: Will the Crue borrow from KISS yet again?

Post by stutterer » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:54 am

J-Lefty wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:03 am
Its tough to keep the weight off without Coke though.
I think booze and food and a devil may care attitude have plenty to do with it as well.

User avatar
Thunderous_Lay
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 7104
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:59 am
Location: The Grind

Re: Will the Crue borrow from KISS yet again?

Post by Thunderous_Lay » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:58 am

KISS "borrowed" Doc and have yet to return him.

:mrgreen:

User avatar
gator812k
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!
Posts: 524
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:40 am
Location: Orlando, FL
Contact:

Re: Will the Crue borrow from KISS yet again?

Post by gator812k » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:05 am

redinthesky wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:17 am
Mr Slow wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:14 am
redinthesky wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:30 am
Pre-recorded tracks are way, way, way beyond being from the "Kiss playbook," you think Kiss innovated this? Even among hard rock bands? C'mon Slow, you're really stretching here, especially since right now on this very tour, Kiss is blatantly using Crue's "crane arms" or whatever they are, right out of the "Crue playbook." Heck, a few tours or so ago Kiss even borrowed from the "Jonas Brothers playbook" and completely stole their intro onto the stage. Oh wait, did I say "borrowed" and "stole?" I meant Kiss flat-out bought the mechanism from them!

So if (when?) Vince uses pre-recorded vocals, will Paul do what Nikki did with the crane arms that Kiss stole from the "Crue playbook," and put down Crue for using recorded vocals? Will Paul on his twitter say, "I see Crue, specifically Vince Neil, is stealing my routine of faking the vocals! Show some originality guys!"
Why so serious??? Clearly it was tongue in cheek. Yeesh!!!
It's funny, every time you get busted (which is quite often and not just from me) you pull the "why so serious" act. Are you the Joker? Just because a post gets a few laughs doesn't mean the poster didn't mean his intent. So really, that act of your is old, you got busted, once again. And it's absolutely hilarious seeing you, you of all people even try that act, because YOU take all this stuff wayyyy more seriously than anybody here. You are always ready to reply with a long droning soliloquy whenever someone writes anything not one hundred percent pro-Kiss.
Gotta love ya Red!

User avatar
styxter
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 3170
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:04 pm
Location: The Ark In Tehachapi

Re: Will the Crue borrow from KISS yet again?

Post by styxter » Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:29 pm

Crown Royal wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:11 pm
Of course they will use tracks, as will Lep and Poison. Probably the only 'real' performance on this entire tour will be Joan Jett, as she plays to 300 people during her thirty minute set at 6:30.

I saw Lep in 2007 and it was way too obvious they were using tracks.

At least no one from any of these bands have said previously that using vocal tracks is like ordering steak and getting dog food, or that the concert ticket should say on it that tracks are being used, and the price of the ticket should be pro-rated down, depending on the percentage of tracks being used.

So the difference here is that Gene and Paul's big mouths, once again, come back to bite them in the ass.
Nikki Sixx is more full of it than Gene and Paul combined.

User avatar
Wild Animals
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1222
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:58 am

Re: Will the Crue borrow from KISS yet again?

Post by Wild Animals » Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:54 pm

Wiped Out 78 wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:21 am
Haven't MC been using pre-recorded tracks for a while?

Nikki didn't call out KISS for using tracks, he called them out for being hypocritical about it.
That's what I thought, I believe Mick Mars owned up to this years ago while being interviewed by Trunk on his radio show

User avatar
Crown Royal
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 12170
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:03 am
Location: Michigan

Re: Will the Crue borrow from KISS yet again?

Post by Crown Royal » Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:54 pm

styxter wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:29 pm
Crown Royal wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:11 pm
Of course they will use tracks, as will Lep and Poison. Probably the only 'real' performance on this entire tour will be Joan Jett, as she plays to 300 people during her thirty minute set at 6:30.

I saw Lep in 2007 and it was way too obvious they were using tracks.

At least no one from any of these bands have said previously that using vocal tracks is like ordering steak and getting dog food, or that the concert ticket should say on it that tracks are being used, and the price of the ticket should be pro-rated down, depending on the percentage of tracks being used.

So the difference here is that Gene and Paul's big mouths, once again, come back to bite them in the ass.
Nikki Sixx is more full of it than Gene and Paul combined.
I don't like Nikki, he is a grade A ASSHOLE...but, sorry, no one could be more full of shit than Paul and Gene combined....separately, yes...combined, no, impossible :lol:

User avatar
Mr Slow
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 5330
Joined: Thu May 05, 2016 3:48 pm

Re: Will the Crue borrow from KISS yet again?

Post by Mr Slow » Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:14 pm

redinthesky wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:17 am
Mr Slow wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:14 am
redinthesky wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:30 am
Pre-recorded tracks are way, way, way beyond being from the "Kiss playbook," you think Kiss innovated this? Even among hard rock bands? C'mon Slow, you're really stretching here, especially since right now on this very tour, Kiss is blatantly using Crue's "crane arms" or whatever they are, right out of the "Crue playbook." Heck, a few tours or so ago Kiss even borrowed from the "Jonas Brothers playbook" and completely stole their intro onto the stage. Oh wait, did I say "borrowed" and "stole?" I meant Kiss flat-out bought the mechanism from them!

So if (when?) Vince uses pre-recorded vocals, will Paul do what Nikki did with the crane arms that Kiss stole from the "Crue playbook," and put down Crue for using recorded vocals? Will Paul on his twitter say, "I see Crue, specifically Vince Neil, is stealing my routine of faking the vocals! Show some originality guys!"
Why so serious??? Clearly it was tongue in cheek. Yeesh!!!
It's funny, every time you get busted (which is quite often and not just from me) you pull the "why so serious" act. Are you the Joker? Just because a post gets a few laughs doesn't mean the poster didn't mean his intent. So really, that act of your is old, you got busted, once again. And it's absolutely hilarious seeing you, you of all people even try that act, because YOU take all this stuff wayyyy more seriously than anybody here. You are always ready to reply with a long droning soliloquy whenever someone writes anything not one hundred percent pro-Kiss.
I got busted? Doing what??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jaska
Newbie... Be nice to me!
Newbie... Be nice to me!
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:32 am

Re: Will the Crue borrow from KISS yet again?

Post by Jaska » Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:24 pm

Screenshot_20191206-002130_YouTube.jpg
Didnt kiss use crane in 1996?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
jkiss
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!
Posts: 875
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:59 pm

Re: Will the Crue borrow from KISS yet again?

Post by jkiss » Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:42 pm

Wichita77 wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:03 am
I mentioned earlier that I'd give a pass to KISS that I wouldn't give to others, so after giving this some thought I think I'll pass on MC/DL show. Paying hundreds of dollars to see something that isn't 100% real, isn't that appealing to me.

When you think about it, even if you settle for the cheap seats in a Stadium, you are basically getting pre-recorded music on a big screen like you do at home--without the lazy boy or the pause button for bathroom breaks.

I think I'd rather go to a club in Nashville and watch some up and coming bands or head over to BB Kings to listen to some seasoned musicians playing the blues.
If you had to travel back in time & go to a stadium show in 1976 (same deal - lots of bands). And it was your job or task to speak people in the audience about this 'all tapes stadium tour' in the year 2020. Just imagine how embarrassed & ashamed you'd feel informing fans about the coming future of rock music performances.

:oops:

Post Reply