Gene’s incidental weight loss

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
Post Reply
User avatar
Mr Slow
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 7325
Joined: Thu May 05, 2016 3:48 pm

Gene’s incidental weight loss

Post by Mr Slow »

On the most recent FAQ podcast the special guest Dave said Gene told him on the Kruise that he has lost 22 lbs/10 kgs with the kidney stone issues he had last month. I had a look at a few pics side by side and he definitely looks a bit leaner in the costume on the Kruise than he did even a few months ago. (Kruise pics are the 2 lower ones)

Like someone said on the show, not the easiest way to drop a few pounds but he looks better for it and at 70 years of age it’s important for the Demon to stay healthy. 8)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
KIDGEO3
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 4017
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:23 am
Location: NEW JERSEY

Re: Gene’s incidental weight loss

Post by KIDGEO3 »

Weight Loss at that age is never a good thing

User avatar
The doctor
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!
Posts: 924
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:01 am

Re: Gene’s incidental weight loss

Post by The doctor »

KIDGEO3 wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:05 am
Weight Loss at that age is never a good thing
No it's not a good thing at all. I know I make stupid and silly jokes here and well, I just hope Gene is ok. Love KISS and their music.

User avatar
jannep17
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 8771
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:07 pm

Re: Gene’s incidental weight loss

Post by jannep17 »

KIDGEO3 wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:05 am
Weight Loss at that age is never a good thing
You are actually wrong.
There is healthy weight loss at 70.

Disclaimer: I don't know anything about Gene's health.

Eddie Van Hazel
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 6765
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:30 pm

Re: Gene’s incidental weight loss

Post by Eddie Van Hazel »

We all know that Gene loves the sweets and rich food.
He may need to lay off of them for a while.

Hope he's doing well.

User avatar
Doose
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 2905
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:15 pm
Location: San Francisco, CA

Re: Gene’s incidental weight loss

Post by Doose »

As long as he doesn't use the Norelco Paul Stanley Ab Razor to shave fake abs like Paul did, Gene will be fine.

User avatar
sunsetsuperman74
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet
Posts: 139
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:04 pm

Re: Gene’s incidental weight loss

Post by sunsetsuperman74 »

Weight loss at any age is good, Gene looks good, plus he doesn't need to die from a heart attack, stroke, kidney stones or whatever. At least he is going to the Doctor often, many people don't until they get sick and it's too late to help them. Case in point, Ronnie James Dio didn't like going to the Doctor and he ended up getting Cancer and didn't catch it in time and unfortunately we lost him 😢, even his Wife, Wendy Dio said that Ronnie should have went more. At least Gene is taking care of himself.

User avatar
SaintN'Sinner83
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 20001
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:00 pm
Location: Outta This World...while Inside the Vortex.

Re: Gene’s incidental weight loss

Post by SaintN'Sinner83 »

I noticed it in this interview filmed two weeks ago.


Or click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xW9vkalbyjQ

User avatar
Thunderous_Lay
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 8005
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:59 am
Location: Dark Ages

Re: Gene’s incidental weight loss

Post by Thunderous_Lay »

Fret not.

'tis but a matter of time before Uncle Chaim gets it all back, plus some.

User avatar
Ren5150
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1634
Joined: Sun Aug 20, 2006 6:23 am

Re: Gene’s incidental weight loss

Post by Ren5150 »

Kidney stones will kill your appetite in a big way. That pain is no joke. He and I discussed on the Kruise. How he gets up on that stage is beyond me. He's a machine.

User avatar
bassmansteiny
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!
Posts: 2349
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:57 am

Re: Gene’s incidental weight loss

Post by bassmansteiny »

Ren5150 wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:18 pm
Kidney stones will kill your appetite in a big way. That pain is no joke. He and I discussed on the Kruise. How he gets up on that stage is beyond me. He's a machine.
Kidney stones suck big time, i can definitely attest to that.

User avatar
Andy Capp
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 2736
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:28 pm
Location: Taste The Oven Baked Crunch!

Re: Gene’s incidental weight loss

Post by Andy Capp »

Gene is really lookin’ great‚ here as of late....

User avatar
Tommyr
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 7855
Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 4:48 am
Location: NY

Re: Gene’s incidental weight loss

Post by Tommyr »

KIDGEO3 wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:05 am
Weight Loss at that age is never a good thing
I'm 61 and I've had a lot of health issues myself the past year and a half and as a result lost 50 pounds. Trying to put some weight back on now. Getting old sucks.

User avatar
Mr Slow
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 7325
Joined: Thu May 05, 2016 3:48 pm

Re: Gene’s incidental weight loss

Post by Mr Slow »

Tommyr wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:40 pm
KIDGEO3 wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:05 am
Weight Loss at that age is never a good thing
I'm 61 and I've had a lot of health issues myself the past year and a half and as a result lost 50 pounds. Trying to put some weight back on now. Getting old sucks.
Well stop sniffing paint chips! :lol:

User avatar
NYRockCity
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1623
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:35 pm

Re: Gene’s incidental weight loss

Post by NYRockCity »

The doctor wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:30 am
KIDGEO3 wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:05 am
Weight Loss at that age is never a good thing
No it's not a good thing at all. I know I make stupid and silly jokes here and well, I just hope Gene is ok. Love KISS and their music.
It may be weight loss from the surgery

User avatar
PsychoElder
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 3187
Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:10 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Gene’s incidental weight loss

Post by PsychoElder »

Tommyr wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:40 pm
KIDGEO3 wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:05 am
Weight Loss at that age is never a good thing
I'm 61 and I've had a lot of health issues myself the past year and a half and as a result lost 50 pounds. Trying to put some weight back on now. Getting old sucks.
Get well soon Tommyr.

User avatar
Tommyr
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 7855
Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 4:48 am
Location: NY

Re: Gene’s incidental weight loss

Post by Tommyr »

PsychoElder wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:33 pm
Tommyr wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:40 pm
KIDGEO3 wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:05 am
Weight Loss at that age is never a good thing
I'm 61 and I've had a lot of health issues myself the past year and a half and as a result lost 50 pounds. Trying to put some weight back on now. Getting old sucks.
Get well soon Tommyr.
Thanks, I'm doing better now finally. At least I think so. Time will tell.

User avatar
NYRockCity
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1623
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:35 pm

Re: Gene’s incidental weight loss

Post by NYRockCity »

Tommyr wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:39 pm
PsychoElder wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:33 pm
Tommyr wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:40 pm
KIDGEO3 wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:05 am
Weight Loss at that age is never a good thing
I'm 61 and I've had a lot of health issues myself the past year and a half and as a result lost 50 pounds. Trying to put some weight back on now. Getting old sucks.
Get well soon Tommyr.
Thanks, I'm doing better now finally. At least I think so. Time will tell.
Feel better!

andykiss78
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1127
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:58 pm

Re: Gene’s incidental weight loss

Post by andykiss78 »

KIDGEO3 wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:05 am
Weight Loss at that age is never a good thing
Way too generalised a statement.

Gene could afford to lose weight. Actually he needed to, to be at a more healthy weight. I understand that Americans think it's normal to be in size XXXXXXXXXL t shirt, but it's not.

User avatar
LordThurisaz
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 19312
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:37 pm
Location: Leader of the Misery Brigade

Re: Gene’s incidental weight loss

Post by LordThurisaz »

Mr Slow wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:44 pm
Tommyr wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:40 pm
KIDGEO3 wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:05 am
Weight Loss at that age is never a good thing
I'm 61 and I've had a lot of health issues myself the past year and a half and as a result lost 50 pounds. Trying to put some weight back on now. Getting old sucks.
Well stop sniffing paint chips! :lol:
Really? :roll:

User avatar
NYRockCity
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1623
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:35 pm

Re: Gene’s incidental weight loss

Post by NYRockCity »

andykiss78 wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:34 pm
KIDGEO3 wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:05 am
Weight Loss at that age is never a good thing
Way too generalised a statement.

Gene could afford to lose weight. Actually he needed to, to be at a more healthy weight. I understand that Americans think it's normal to be in size XXXXXXXXXL t shirt, but it's not.
You just criticized a generalization with a generalization... lol

andykiss78
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1127
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:58 pm

Re: Gene’s incidental weight loss

Post by andykiss78 »

NYRockCity wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:17 pm
andykiss78 wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:34 pm
KIDGEO3 wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:05 am
Weight Loss at that age is never a good thing
Way too generalised a statement.

Gene could afford to lose weight. Actually he needed to, to be at a more healthy weight. I understand that Americans think it's normal to be in size XXXXXXXXXL t shirt, but it's not.
You just criticized a generalization with a generalization... lol
Lol yep...but my generalisation is at least based on facts

User avatar
NYRockCity
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1623
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:35 pm

Re: Gene’s incidental weight loss

Post by NYRockCity »

andykiss78 wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:18 pm
NYRockCity wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:17 pm
andykiss78 wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:34 pm
KIDGEO3 wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:05 am
Weight Loss at that age is never a good thing
Way too generalised a statement.

Gene could afford to lose weight. Actually he needed to, to be at a more healthy weight. I understand that Americans think it's normal to be in size XXXXXXXXXL t shirt, but it's not.
You just criticized a generalization with a generalization... lol
Lol yep...but my generalisation is at least based on facts
Not really. Most Americans do not think it is normal to be that size. Some parts of the country are actually pretty healthy like the northern part of the east coast and the west coast. Also they don’t really think it’s normal in the parts of the country where a lot of people are overweight, it’s more about being able to afford healthy food and having the time/ knowledge of how to take care of themselves.

andykiss78
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1127
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:58 pm

Re: Gene’s incidental weight loss

Post by andykiss78 »

NYRockCity wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:25 pm
andykiss78 wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:18 pm
NYRockCity wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:17 pm
andykiss78 wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:34 pm
KIDGEO3 wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:05 am
Weight Loss at that age is never a good thing
Way too generalised a statement.

Gene could afford to lose weight. Actually he needed to, to be at a more healthy weight. I understand that Americans think it's normal to be in size XXXXXXXXXL t shirt, but it's not.
You just criticized a generalization with a generalization... lol
Lol yep...but my generalisation is at least based on facts
Not really. Most Americans do not think it is normal to be that size. Some parts of the country are actually pretty healthy like the northern part of the east coast and the west coast. Also they don’t really think it’s normal in the parts of the country where a lot of people are overweight, it’s more about being able to afford healthy food and having the time/ knowledge of how to take care of themselves.
OK, maybe I should have narrowed it down to American KISS fans then. When a t shirt is released and FB is full of "It only goes up to 3XL", it makes you wonder.

User avatar
NYRockCity
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1623
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:35 pm

Re: Gene’s incidental weight loss

Post by NYRockCity »

andykiss78 wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:28 pm
NYRockCity wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:25 pm
andykiss78 wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:18 pm
NYRockCity wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:17 pm
andykiss78 wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:34 pm
KIDGEO3 wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:05 am
Weight Loss at that age is never a good thing
Way too generalised a statement.

Gene could afford to lose weight. Actually he needed to, to be at a more healthy weight. I understand that Americans think it's normal to be in size XXXXXXXXXL t shirt, but it's not.
You just criticized a generalization with a generalization... lol
Lol yep...but my generalisation is at least based on facts
Not really. Most Americans do not think it is normal to be that size. Some parts of the country are actually pretty healthy like the northern part of the east coast and the west coast. Also they don’t really think it’s normal in the parts of the country where a lot of people are overweight, it’s more about being able to afford healthy food and having the time/ knowledge of how to take care of themselves.
OK, maybe I should have narrowed it down to American KISS fans then. When a t shirt is released and FB is full of "It only goes up to 3XL", it makes you wonder.
Lol I do admit that is bad advertising for people outside of the USA. They should maybe say in sizes XS to 3XL instead (not sure if they have XS). I’m small/ medium, so I never really pay attention to the other sizes lol

User avatar
scotty_rhoads
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1453
Joined: Wed May 25, 2016 5:31 pm
Location: Mars, outer moon.

Re: Gene’s incidental weight loss

Post by scotty_rhoads »

Ren5150 wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:18 pm
Kidney stones will kill your appetite in a big way. That pain is no joke. He and I discussed on the Kruise. How he gets up on that stage is beyond me. He's a machine.
i had ONE and that was enough to drop me to my knees. never again with those things.

andykiss78
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1127
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:58 pm

Re: Gene’s incidental weight loss

Post by andykiss78 »

NYRockCity wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:52 pm
andykiss78 wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:28 pm
NYRockCity wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:25 pm
andykiss78 wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:18 pm
NYRockCity wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:17 pm
andykiss78 wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:34 pm
KIDGEO3 wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:05 am
Weight Loss at that age is never a good thing
Way too generalised a statement.

Gene could afford to lose weight. Actually he needed to, to be at a more healthy weight. I understand that Americans think it's normal to be in size XXXXXXXXXL t shirt, but it's not.
You just criticized a generalization with a generalization... lol
Lol yep...but my generalisation is at least based on facts
Not really. Most Americans do not think it is normal to be that size. Some parts of the country are actually pretty healthy like the northern part of the east coast and the west coast. Also they don’t really think it’s normal in the parts of the country where a lot of people are overweight, it’s more about being able to afford healthy food and having the time/ knowledge of how to take care of themselves.
OK, maybe I should have narrowed it down to American KISS fans then. When a t shirt is released and FB is full of "It only goes up to 3XL", it makes you wonder.
Lol I do admit that is bad advertising for people outside of the USA. They should maybe say in sizes XS to 3XL instead (not sure if they have XS). I’m small/ medium, so I never really pay attention to the other sizes lol
LOL...BTW, I love Americans...so much so I wish many were healthier. I'm also a small/medium like you

User avatar
Sssnakester
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 4327
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006 4:25 pm
Location: BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!

Re: Gene’s incidental weight loss

Post by Sssnakester »

LordThurisaz wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:04 pm
Mr Slow wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:44 pm
Tommyr wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:40 pm
KIDGEO3 wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:05 am
Weight Loss at that age is never a good thing
I'm 61 and I've had a lot of health issues myself the past year and a half and as a result lost 50 pounds. Trying to put some weight back on now. Getting old sucks.
Well stop sniffing paint chips! :lol:
Really? :roll:
I'm pretty sure he was just making a light-hearted joke with the quote on his avatar. People need to stop taking everything so damn serious.

Get well, tommyr.

User avatar
Mr Slow
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 7325
Joined: Thu May 05, 2016 3:48 pm

Re: Gene’s incidental weight loss

Post by Mr Slow »

Sssnakester wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:57 am
LordThurisaz wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:04 pm
Mr Slow wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:44 pm
Tommyr wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:40 pm
KIDGEO3 wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:05 am
Weight Loss at that age is never a good thing
I'm 61 and I've had a lot of health issues myself the past year and a half and as a result lost 50 pounds. Trying to put some weight back on now. Getting old sucks.
Well stop sniffing paint chips! :lol:
Really? :roll:
I'm pretty sure he was just making a light-hearted joke with the quote on his avatar. People need to stop taking everything so damn serious.

Get well, tommyr.
That’s exactly what it was. Not sure how it could have been misinterpreted. :|
03BBF5F5-BC07-4621-B451-D0131CFC0885.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Mahatma
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 4488
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:21 am
Location: Jendell

Re: Gene’s incidental weight loss

Post by Mahatma »

SaintN'Sinner83 wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:12 pm
I noticed it in this interview filmed two weeks ago.


Or click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xW9vkalbyjQ
Thanks for the link. Gene sounds and looks healthy, though.

User avatar
andreww1962
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1258
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:36 am

Re: Gene’s incidental weight loss

Post by andreww1962 »

So, kidney stones or liposuction again?

Post Reply