Salt Lake City cancelled? Gene health issue?

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
Doose
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Re: Salt Lake City cancelled? Gene health issue?

Post by Doose » Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:37 pm

All of the legends are old now. They did an interesting article about how all of the legends are now in their 70s, including:

Bob Dylan (78 years old); Paul McCartney (77); Paul Simon (77) and Art Garfunkel (77); Carole King (77); Brian Wilson (77); Mick Jagger (76) and Keith Richards (75); Joni Mitchell (75); Jimmy Page (75) and Robert Plant (71); Ray Davies (75); Roger Daltrey (75) and Pete Townshend (74); Roger Waters (75) and David Gilmour (73); Rod Stewart (74); Eric Clapton (74); Debbie Harry (74); Neil Young (73); Van Morrison (73); Bryan Ferry (73); Elton John (72); Don Henley (72); James Taylor (71); Jackson Browne (70); Billy Joel (70); and Bruce Springsteen (69, but turning 70 next month).

Interesting article worth the read: https://theweek.com/articles/861750/com ... ock-legend

gothunder
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!

Post by gothunder » Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:51 pm

I will say since my first live show on the Animalize tour, i have never had a show cancel on me. Seen every tour from '85. :(

steveh67
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by steveh67 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:52 pm

PterCriss wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:56 pm
Ediie Money passed away today so not stupid comments about Gene lying.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/musi ... aD2iDHpgMQ
Damn, I love Eddie Money's songs...

Another one gone now.

RIP Eddie

Forevertj

Post by Forevertj » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:13 pm

Doose wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:37 pm
All of the legends are old now. They did an interesting article about how all of the legends are now in their 70s, including:

Bob Dylan (78 years old); Paul McCartney (77); Paul Simon (77) and Art Garfunkel (77); Carole King (77); Brian Wilson (77); Mick Jagger (76) and Keith Richards (75); Joni Mitchell (75); Jimmy Page (75) and Robert Plant (71); Ray Davies (75); Roger Daltrey (75) and Pete Townshend (74); Roger Waters (75) and David Gilmour (73); Rod Stewart (74); Eric Clapton (74); Debbie Harry (74); Neil Young (73); Van Morrison (73); Bryan Ferry (73); Elton John (72); Don Henley (72); James Taylor (71); Jackson Browne (70); Billy Joel (70); and Bruce Springsteen (69, but turning 70 next month).

Interesting article worth the read: https://theweek.com/articles/861750/com ... ock-legend

That is depressing. Tony Iommi, 71.

gothunder

Post by gothunder » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:00 pm

Forevertj wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:13 pm
Doose wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:37 pm

That is depressing. Tony Iommi, 71.
Considering how sick he was, thats very kool.

BeholderFan
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by BeholderFan » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:45 pm

ludzil wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:23 pm
We are heading towards a difficult time for most of us. The artists and people in pop culture we grew with are getting older and unfortunately everyone of us has an exit date.

Just today, Eddie Money, who was one of my favorite artists of all time passed away from Cancer. I’m not saying Gene has cancer or it’s serious, but he’s 70.

Life starts at A and ends at B. Make the best of it and enjoy as much as possible.
If you’re on the fence going to see End Of The Road, get off because once it’s gone. It’s gone.

As I get older I’m more and more appreciative of the artists I got to see in concert.

Kiss with Eric Carr HITS
Megadeth/Pantera, Nick Menza, Dimebag And Vinnie Paul all gone
Prince 1998
Motörhead Lemmy
Dio 1997 and Dio/Iron Maiden 1998 and with Ronnie James Dio
Ozzy & Motley Crue with Randy Castillo
AC/DC with Malcolm Young Black Ice
LIT with Allen Shellenberger
Eddie Money

Those are just the ones I can think right now.
I totally agree with this. If you ever get a chance to see an artist you grew up enjoying, be it this EOTR with KISS, or ever Ace Frehley solo, or whomever......GO. Like Ludzil said, you only have ONE LIFE. Due to personal reasons, I could not attend the two Queen shows I was supposed to attend this summer. However, I have seen them (with Adam) on prior tours, so I have at least seen Brian May and Roger Taylor. I was too young to see them with Freddie. I was fortunate enough to have seen Robert Plant and the Sensational Space Shifters in 2015 in Indianapolis (I think I have the year right). Just go see these living but aging legends if you can.

My list includes:

ACDC with Malcolm Young
Warrant with Jani Lane (just for a couple of tunes)
Quiet Riot with Kevin DuBrow
Boston with Brad Delp (Front Row in Pittsburgh for their Third Stage Tour)
Motorhead with Lemmy (at WrestleMania 21 .They played Triple H, a HUGE Motorhead fan, to the ring).

sagedrummer
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by sagedrummer » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:25 pm

That’s a shame as that’s the show the fellow that had Williams Syndrome and was a huge Kiss fan In case surprised by giving him tickets and backstage passes for his family to the shower. They did that way back in February so the dude’s been waiting a long time so hopefully they reschedule it so this guy can finally see Kiss.

Or click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwvVIEqaN7o

BagBoy
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by BagBoy » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:41 pm

sagedrummer wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:25 pm
That’s a shame as that’s the show the fellow that had Williams Syndrome and was a huge Kiss fan In case surprised by giving him tickets and backstage passes for his family to the shower. They did that way back in February so the dude’s been waiting a long time so hopefully they reschedule it so this guy can finally see Kiss.

Or click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwvVIEqaN7o
Yeah, I hope so. St. Anthony is about a 10 minute drive north of me. Arctic Circle where he works has is pretty tasty.

BagBoy
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by BagBoy » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:42 pm

gothunder wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:09 pm
sugardaddy wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:02 pm
Probably not the right thread to be making jokes
:(
We're you going to the SLC show too?

KISSFACE

Post by KISSFACE » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:12 pm

Is Spiro no longer on retainer? For just in case when the show must go on...

I was also reminded of the time Paul had a sudden medical thing and they went on as a three-piece (and tuned it Up, too, hooray):

Or click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPByXbjMa0c

Or click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bugbw5i-ft4

If they played as a threesome without Gene, would Paul slide over to bass, like in the Domino video, or would it be the two guitars and no bass?

And because i’m in the mood:

Or click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiSB7G732Eg

Yeahh 8)

Mr Slow

Post by Mr Slow » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:16 pm

Hope it’s nothing too serious. :(

tazchris
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by tazchris » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:27 pm

I have a bad feeling, because he is now 70. That seems to be a bad age for this generation. We have lost many around this age recently, Eddie Money just today. In my family over the past three years I have lost two close members at 70, and another at 71. I hope for the best, however I have had a bad feeling since the beginning of the tour that this is truly the End Of The Road.

ludzil

Post by ludzil » Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:06 am

BeholderFan wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:45 pm
ludzil wrote:
We are heading towards a difficult time for most of us. The artists and people in pop culture we grew with are getting older and unfortunately everyone of us has an exit date.

Just today, Eddie Money, who was one of my favorite artists of all time passed away from Cancer. I’m not saying Gene has cancer or it’s serious, but he’s 70.

Life starts at A and ends at B. Make the best of it and enjoy as much as possible.
If you’re on the fence going to see End Of The Road, get off because once it’s gone. It’s gone.

As I get older I’m more and more appreciative of the artists I got to see in concert.

Kiss with Eric Carr HITS
Prince 1998
Motörhead Lemmy
Eddie Money

I totally agree with this. If you ever get a chance to see an artist you grew up enjoying, be it this EOTR with KISS, or ever Ace Frehley solo, or whomever......GO. Like Ludzil said, you only have ONE LIFE. Due to personal reasons, I could not attend the two Queen shows I was supposed to attend this summer. However, I have seen them (with Adam) on prior tours, so I have at least seen Brian May and Roger Taylor. I was too young to see them with Freddie. I was fortunate enough to have seen Robert Plant and the Sensational Space Shifters in 2015 in Indianapolis (I think I have the year right). Just go see these living but aging legends if you can.

My list includes:

ACDC with Malcolm Young
Warrant with Jani Lane (just for a couple of tunes)
Quiet Riot with Kevin DuBrow
Boston with Brad Delp (Front Row in Pittsburgh for their Third Stage Tour)
Motorhead with Lemmy (at WrestleMania 21 .They played Triple H, a HUGE Motorhead fan, to the ring).
I forget about seeing Quiet Riot with Kevin DuBrow. They were great.
Dick Wagner
Foghat with Rod Price

JJ Smalling II
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by JJ Smalling II » Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:18 am

Never fails to put me slightly on edge anytime I hear that any of these guys make announcements like this.

Hope he's doing well and gets back in the armor to finish the tour pretty soon.

Yiggity
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Yiggity » Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:55 am

ludzil wrote:

Kiss with Eric Carr HITS
Prince 1998
Motörhead Lemmy
Eddie Money

Nice post.

Pete2174
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Pete2174 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:56 am

Take care Mr Simmons & get well soon.

douglasroads
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by douglasroads » Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:37 am

PterCriss wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:56 pm
I actually posted "Safe travels Gene and prayers headed your way." and Nibbs is the one trying to bait people and he even did it again in his post just above yours.
I have conversations with people. Yourself, Mr. Slow, Yejattyass, and The Spoiler have this weird obsession with me that makes you post stupid ass idiot comments about me.

Your post count has become about me and not about Kiss or anything relevant.
I don’t know if you are referring to me here? I can assure you that your paranoia is unfounded ( as is the way with paranoia I guess). I was just very much struck that this wasn’t a thread for dot- bickering. Not sure, if it is indeed me that you’re referring to, where you get the idea that I’m constantly on your case? If it looks that way - hey, let’s count dots on people’s posting history now!- it’ll be your case I’ll have had issue with, not you personally.

Maybe Nibbs does have a decent theory building on the re-scheduling/ last minute blow out of several dates here. Maybe we could take that back to the relevant threads?

Sorry I’m obviously not a mod and I’m probably overstepping my mark. Just feeling quite worried about Gene and the band right now, makes one tetchy I guess.
Last edited by douglasroads on Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rip Rokken
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by Rip Rokken » Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:09 am

PterCriss wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:04 pm
Safe travels Gene and prayers headed your way.
A prayer from PtrCriss (corrected for spelling):

“Hey, God... Gene Simmons is sick. WTF?!? Aren’t you supposed to be in charge? What a dick move! And people keep telling me you love me and want me to come back. You’re obsessed! Creepy... Oh, last thing... can you help me find a job? Amen” :evil:

The doctor
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by The doctor » Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:11 am

Wishing the God of Thunder the best!

TheSpoiler
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by TheSpoiler » Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:47 am

PterCriss wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:56 pm
I actually posted "Safe travels Gene and prayers headed your way." and Nibbs is the one trying to bait people and he even did it again in his post just above yours.
I have conversations with people. Yourself, Mr. Slow, Yejattyass, and The Spoiler have this weird obsession with me that makes you post stupid ass idiot comments about me.

Your post count has become about me and not about Kiss or anything relevant.
Pter, could you be kind enough to quit the "me me me" stuff for this thread?

Thunderous_Lay
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by Thunderous_Lay » Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:49 am

Speedy recovery to Uncle Chaim.

:thumright:

vaspaceman
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by vaspaceman » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:12 am

I used to tell people years ago when I was in my concert era of seeing about 3-4 shows a year, "Go see these guys while you can!" Now looking back I am glad I did because, a. It's getting too expensive, and b. like someone said before let's appreciate them while they are here.

For me-
Ed King , Leon Wilkeson, and Billy Powell with reformed Skynyrd 1993
Motorhead 2011
Dave Williams LAST SHOW with Drowning Pool (Ozzfest 2002, Indy)
Earl Scruggs 2007
Malcom with AC/DC 1991
BB King 2002

warmachine731

Post by warmachine731 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:29 am

vaspaceman wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:12 am
I used to tell people years ago when I was in my concert era of seeing about 3-4 shows a year, "Go see these guys while you can!" Now looking back I am glad I did because, a. It's getting too expensive, and b. like someone said before let's appreciate them while they are here.

For me-
Motorhead 2011
Earl Scruggs 2007
Malcom with AC/DC 1991
BB King 2002
Absolutely!!! I couldn’t agree more. I’m sure I have a few more but the ones that come to mind immediately are seeing Dio and Heaven and Hell. And seeing Scott Weiland 4 days before his death - and wasn’t even going to go but my brother saw a $15 Groupon and grabbed us tickets.

Life isn’t a guarantee and is full of surprises. Just enjoy it while you can and if you’re on the fence about seeing a band, just go. You’ll be glad you went in the end anyways.

Just last August I said to myself that I’m done with going great lengths to see KISS. I said I’ll see them once on their next tour and that’s it. With that being said, I saw them 4 times in 4 states since March and do not regret it for a second.

Tanith
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by Tanith » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:43 am

Mr Slow wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:16 pm
Hope it’s nothing too serious. :(
I'm wondering whether this procedure is something has been getting urged to have done, and has been hesitant about. But now the sorrowful news about Eddie Money changed his mind and spooked him?

KIDGEO3

Post by KIDGEO3 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:53 am

steveh67 wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:52 pm
PterCriss wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:56 pm
Ediie Money passed away today so not stupid comments about Gene lying.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/musi ... aD2iDHpgMQ
Damn, I love Eddie Money's songs...

Another one gone now.

RIP Eddie
LOVE Eddie Money...was always a HUGE fan.....he actually recorded a song co-written by Paul...."If We Ever Get out of this Place" good tune!!!
eddie.jpg
eddie.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

KIDGEO3

Post by KIDGEO3 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:55 am

jannep17

Post by jannep17 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:38 am

vaspaceman wrote:

For me-
Motorhead 2011
Earl Scruggs 2007
Malcom with AC/DC 1991
BB King 2002
I'm glad I caught Lemmy one last time just two weeks before he died.
I had seen Motörhead already in 1989 but didn't appreciate it as much as I should have done, so it was good to see them again in 2015.

BlackAce
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by BlackAce » Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:37 am

Hope he's okay. Very unlike Gene to do this so it must of been something serious. He's the Demon though and will probably end up outliving us all. Evil incarnate!

BeholderFan
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by BeholderFan » Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:44 am

warmachine731 wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:29 am
vaspaceman wrote:

For me-
Motorhead 2011
Earl Scruggs 2007
Malcom with AC/DC 1991
BB King 2002
Absolutely!!! I couldn’t agree more. I’m sure I have a few more but the ones that come to mind immediately are seeing Dio and Heaven and Hell. And seeing Scott Weiland 4 days before his death - and wasn’t even going to go but my brother saw a $15 Groupon and grabbed us tickets.

Life isn’t a guarantee and is full of surprises. Just enjoy it while you can and if you’re on the fence about seeing a band, just go. You’ll be glad you went in the end anyways.

Just last August I said to myself that I’m done with going great lengths to see KISS. I said I’ll see them once on their next tour and that’s it. With that being said, I saw them 4 times in 4 states since March and do not regret it for a second.
Now, you are reminding me that I saw B.B. King in Vegas in August of 2000.

bassmansteiny
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by bassmansteiny » Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:53 am

Rockandrolloverman wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:53 pm
For him to have the procedure done on an already scheduled concert day, with that many people paying/ waiting to see them play————you know if something serious and HAD to have come up suddenly

that’s not a very good sign

It could be anything from shortness of breath, chest pain, to passing blood in the stool——- who knows

But for them to cancel the scheduled concert, the issue had to come up suddenly and has to be rather serious——- or else he would make his appointment a bit later on a day off

Rather concerned ova’ here
Not to mention he is 70 now. I know he said it is nothing serious, but at his age any kind of procedure can be somewhat serious even the non serious ones. I know my father is 75, and has had some serious medical issues. Even procedures, not considered serious, at his age are more serious than someone who is say in their 40s or 50s.

I agree with you, even 8f they canceled for different whatever reason, I highly doubt they would use this one as an excuse. It would've been scheduling needs or something like that. I definitely believe Gene on this and will be praying for him.

bassmansteiny
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by bassmansteiny » Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:00 am

ludzil wrote:

Kiss with Eric Carr HITS
Prince 1998
Motörhead Lemmy
Eddie Money

Some great shows and I agree! 👍🤜

Nellcote71
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Nellcote71 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:21 am

Prayers for Gene - he’s the heart of this band

Coventry1973
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by Coventry1973 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:54 am

Wishing Gene the best of health.
Get better soon, and stay healthy

ludzil

Post by ludzil » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:20 am

bassmansteiny wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:00 am
ludzil wrote:

Kiss with Eric Carr HITS
Prince 1998
Motörhead Lemmy
Eddie Money

Some great shows and I agree! 👍🤜
Thank you.

Quiet Riot with Kevin DuBrow. They were great.
Dick Wagner
Foghat with Rod Price

And yet another one I forgot about Stone Temple Pilots with Scott Weiland 1997 with Cheap Trick

GACatmandu

Post by GACatmandu » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:46 am

WinnieWincent wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:10 pm
Surprise colonoscopy
That's exactly my thought.

syracusekissfan
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by syracusekissfan » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:55 am

Hope everything turns out ok for Gene. The passing of Eddie Money might have scared him a little bit, Gene might have been putting off of having a Colonoscopy. He might be having trouble down there, been putting it off, and Eddie Money passing away 4 months after announcing that he had cancer. I don't know what else it could be, if it was his heart, I don't think they would let him fly.

pallmall2

Post by pallmall2 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:07 am

The generalized point here : go see the artists you want to see WHILE YOU CAN.

PterCriss
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by PterCriss » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:27 am

Gene has mentioned life events before on family jewels. Even more thoughts and prayers going out for Gene Simmons.

PterCriss
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by PterCriss » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:52 am

Rip Rokken wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:09 am
PterCriss wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:04 pm
Safe travels Gene and prayers headed your way.
A prayer from PtrCriss (corrected for spelling):

“Hey, God... Gene Simmons is sick. WTF?!? Aren’t you supposed to be in charge? What a dick move! And people keep telling me you love me and want me to come back. You’re obsessed! Creepy... Oh, last thing... can you help me find a job? Amen” :evil:
That's not what I prayed and that is a dick move by you. Sorry me calling out the people that said or suggested Gene was lying about his medical procedure.
Yiggity wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:37 pm
I literally spit out my water when i read Gene saying "the truth is..." Gene lies all the time. Hopefully IF he is going in for a procedure, that it goes ok but with him, you never know. The cancelation could be for anything.

If I said what Yiggity did you all would still be commenting about it.

This says a lot about someones core morals and beliefs and how someone would believe Gene is lying about having a medical issue that needs a medical procedure that had to be taken care of NOW.

warmachine731

Post by warmachine731 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:19 am

BeholderFan wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:44 am
warmachine731 wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:29 am
vaspaceman wrote:

For me-
Motorhead 2011
Earl Scruggs 2007
Malcom with AC/DC 1991
BB King 2002

Now, you are reminding me that I saw B.B. King in Vegas in August of 2000.
And you just reminded me that I saw The Who in 2000 with Entwistle and was the reason for asking for a bass for my birthday just weeks later, and never looked back. Got tickets in 2002 and he died a night or 2 before the start of the tour.