Vinnie's Birthday Bash

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
Xcarnation
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Re: Vinnie's Birthday Bash

Post by Xcarnation » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:31 pm

Rip Rokken wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:22 pm
Well, honestly and sorry to be blunt... it’s not been my experience and so it has no interest to me. Everything I’ve ever ordered has been delivered perfectly. I’ll be a repeat customer for sure. I buy with confidence.

Your little threat is pretty ridiculous. I can just see the advertisement on TV... “Attention viewers: If you bought a boxset in 1995 (or whenever) and haven’t received it yet, our offices are standing by to help. Call 800-383-5968 today!” :lol: :lol: :lol: (Hint: translate the numbers into letters for a surprise message)

I am not one of his victims so
Not my threat at all ,several guys were talking on FB... Some guys wrote about a plan to visit
one of his next event...
who knows what might happen ? maybe he needs more protection just saying...

shandi777
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by shandi777 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:43 pm

Rip Rokken wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:14 pm
My point still stands... I’m not arguing your principal, but anyone who is still holding a grudge 25 years later over this, enough to bash Vinnie every chance they get, is only shortening their own life. You have no clue what could have prevented this from happening, what factors held up efforts to complete it, or what obstacles still remain. There’s plenty of info out there to make a reasonable assumption that Vinnie’s had a pretty rough go since then. He’s finally getting things back together, and all the griping in the world isn’t suddenly going to make box sets appear. I heard (and saw) firsthand some of the things he has in the works and I think fans will be very pleased. For anyone already convinced they are never going to receive anything, fine... just move on and find something else to gripe about.
My life won't be shortened by this....that made me laugh out loud. You have your opinion on the matter...I have mine. I don't care how rough his ride was...everyone has crosses to bear in life. He accepted cash to create a boxset for his fans...he didn't. He kept the money and did not refund on his promise. I forgot about it until he crawled out of his hole accepting money from fans for appearances. He then promised to fulfil the boxsets again. In my opinion he did so to buy time while he collected money for his comeback, and protection from the question about them. He then stated that he would not complete the boxset because people on the internet were haters. That to me is complete bullshit. You make a promise to your fans and lie...that makes you a thief. I don't expect anything at this point...as he has proven what kind of a person he is. But make no mistake about it...I won't forget to point out what he did when I see fit. Again, you have your point, and I respect it. However, that doesn't change mine. Vinnie is a great talent, and I've appreciated it while listening to Kiss as well as his solo endeavors. I just don't respect him as a person.

Phyllis Simmons
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by Phyllis Simmons » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:04 pm

The above stuff is fair.. There's no 2 ways about it.. He's got to make good on the box set..

Im one that doesn't necessarily subscribe to the Vinnie ripping off fans narrative.. Okay the cancelled shows was all horribly managed, but tickets were refunded.. Stuff on his website going back a few years all has been delivered..

So it leaves 1 indisputable example of "Vinnie ripping off fans" and boy is it a doozy.. The dreaded career box set.. He's got to make good on this ASAP - like within 3-4 months.. Straight away he'll get a little bit of credibility back; and it will quieten down some of the satanic leftists.. at least for a little while..

nightwingken
Might as well be the Admin!
Might as well be the Admin!
Location: Celebrating 12 years whining.Complaining since 2001.

Post by nightwingken » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:36 pm

I wonder if this comes in pink or gold?

https://www.amazon.com/Luckdeal-Profess ... 74&sr=8-13

elleneff

Post by elleneff » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:28 am

Theres more people on this thread than was at Velmas "event"

Yes indeed.

elleneff

Post by elleneff » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:31 am

Xcarnation wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:31 pm
Rip Rokken wrote:
Well, honestly and sorry to be blunt... it’s not been my experience and so it has no interest to me. Everything I’ve ever ordered has been delivered perfectly. I’ll be a repeat customer for sure. I buy with confidence.

Your little threat is pretty ridiculous. I can just see the advertisement on TV... “Attention viewers: If you bought a boxset in 1995 (or whenever) and haven’t received it yet, our offices are standing by to help. Call 800-383-5968 today!” :lol: :lol: :lol: (Hint: translate the numbers into letters for a surprise message)

Not my threat at all ,several guys were talking on FB... Some guys wrote about a plan to visit
one of his next event...
Protection? Yes. From himself.

You know that old Oscar Wilde quote, that its better to be talked about than not talked about?

Doesn't apply in Velmas case. Tis better to be thought a fool /fraud, than to open Vinnie`s mouth and remove all trace of doubt...

Stanley! You look so cute
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by Stanley! You look so cute » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:50 am

Rip Rokken wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:35 pm

Here is an honest question for you. I’m not being facetious, I’m being serious. Assume hypothetically that neither a box set nor a refund was possible in the near future. What could substitute that would satisfy you? And be reasonably fair...
FFS Vinnie, it's not difficult. You are/were musician. The people who paid you money for the boxset wanted to hear your music. So release some music. Play some concerts. Serious question for you - why is that so hard?

Mr Slow

Post by Mr Slow » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:40 am

I wondered how this had gotten to be 15 pages!
#stanley!youlooksoconfused :lol:

Mackemkiss
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Mackemkiss » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:46 am

Is VV doing a Bee Gees cover album? Image

Ikons

Post by Ikons » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:44 am

Rip Rokken wrote:
Did you get one of those terrible blankets he sold?

banks

Post by banks » Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:29 am

At this point I'd like to thank everyone for these very entertaining fifteen pages. Those on one side who love Vinnie's salads and those on the other side who are checking the forum every five minutes in case the salad lovers have said something new they can tear apart.

KissKing73

Post by KissKing73 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:35 am

If Vinnie had any class he would ask to have people show proof they spent $200 on that boxset, and make it right on the new one.

To offer any justification that stealing is ok is completely moronic and says way more about you than anyone who paid $200.

Rip Rokken
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by Rip Rokken » Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:50 am

C wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:03 pm
you have a point, really i don't know what to believe anymore
Lord, they’re finally getting to you, lol... None of us who attended are fantasizing here. Several of us were right freaking there just a couple of feet away. Had we been any closer, the Invasion would have been of Vinnie’s personal space, lol. I think we KNOW what we saw and heard, and we’re not exaggerating. Don’t be swayed by a bunch of bozos who have no clue and are willing to repeat a lie until it becomes the “truth”.

elleneff

Post by elleneff » Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:52 am

Ikons wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:44 am
Rip Rokken wrote:
Did you get one of those terrible blankets he sold?
Hes lovingly wrapped up in it right now.
I mean, who wouldn't be?

Ill give V credit as Its certainly entertaining, just unfortunately no longer for his music, just the car crash of perpetual drama that seems to follow him (or he creates).

Onwards.

Rip Rokken
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by Rip Rokken » Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:59 am

elleneff wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:52 am
Ill give V credit as Its certainly entertaining, just unfortunately no longer for his music, just the car crash of perpetual drama that seems to follow him (or he creates).

Onwards.
We just had a party. You all are creating the drama.

Rip Rokken
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by Rip Rokken » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:06 am

Xcarnation wrote:
one of his next event...
So first they’re looking for some ambulance chaser, now they’re just gonna crash the next event as an angry mob? Not without a ticket, they don’t! And neither makes any financial sense considering the small amount of money you’re griping about. Good lord... “I saw it on Facebook so just sayin!” :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rip Rokken
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by Rip Rokken » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:14 am

battra wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:58 am
redinthesky wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:00 am
"I've been active in the rock and roll community in a fan capacity since..."

WTF kind of statement is that? Pretty much describes everyone that has ever bought a concert ticket.

I can't watch this clown. But thanks Unholy for the clip and Stanley for the rundown, funny AF.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who was taken aback by that statement.....
Yes, you actually pointed out an inaccuracy there... I dramatically understated my experiences and activities. What I meant is I don’t work for any bands. If you only knew though... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rip Rokken
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by Rip Rokken » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:15 am

Rip Rokken wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:14 am
battra wrote:
redinthesky wrote:

WTF kind of statement is that? Pretty much describes everyone that has ever bought a concert ticket.

I can't watch this clown. But thanks Unholy for the clip and Stanley for the rundown, funny AF.
Yes, you actually pointed out an inaccuracy there... I dramatically understated my experiences and activities as both fan and friend. What I meant is I don’t work for any bands. If you only knew though... :lol: :lol: :lol:

highvoltage1969

Post by highvoltage1969 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:24 am

Rip Rokken wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:15 am
Rip Rokken wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:14 am
battra wrote:
redinthesky wrote:

Yes, you actually pointed out an inaccuracy there... I dramatically understated my experiences and activities as both fan and friend. What I meant is I don’t work for any bands. If you only knew though... :lol: :lol: :lol:
If only anyone knew.

This is the most entertaining thread in ages :D

Admin
Play some music, PLEASE!

Post by Admin » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:27 am

Xcarnation wrote:
one of his next event...
That is fucking disgusting to even repeat.

Got a link to that FB page or can you conveniently not find it now?

Shame on you for posting such garbage.

Rip Rokken
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by Rip Rokken » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:46 am

Admin wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:27 am
Xcarnation wrote:
one of his next event...

Agreed. Admin, I wouldn’t shed any tears if you locked the thread. That one was kind of a conversation stopper.

elleneff

Post by elleneff » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:50 am

Rip Rokken wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:59 am
elleneff wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:52 am

Onwards.
We just had a party. You all are creating the drama.
Ah. "WE."
We are Legion. You are one.

Im simply observing.
I hope this association lasts as long as you hope it will.

Did he refer to you as a dear dear friend , before or after the cheque/paypal cleared? lol

ZachAttack
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by ZachAttack » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:56 am

Xcarnation wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:57 pm
Rip Rokken , Your side of things does not change what happened all through the years which was all created by the gal Vincent..
1) No explanation will change the fact that he ripped his fans many times.. via the imaginary boxset , selling fake stage played gtrs,
2) What he did years ago in those European expos to the promoter (go find the story its all over the internet)
3) His insulting “her” fans on Mitch L. interview..
and he better start to call his lawyer cause I heard several boxset victims are gonna come after him..

and who cares if he played some meaningless fast or whatever licks by him self with no context , no band.. no songs .. just bla bla..
is he a youtube guitarist now ? oh wait he is not even that cause there is no any footage at all on YT

Once a great songwritter having mental issues is a sad story... ripping fans is not..
Don't forget the time he had Tom Palecki build him 4 guitars as prototypes for a NAMM show, then after the show was over Vinnie ran off with the guitars and never paid Tom for them.

andreww1962
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by andreww1962 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:02 am

Rip Rokken wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:46 am
Admin wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:27 am
Xcarnation wrote:
one of his next event...

Agreed. Admin, I wouldn’t shed any tears if you locked the thread. That one was kind of a conversation stopper.
So the guy that joined the board 5 days ago is now requesting threads be closed? Why are you even here? You obviously are a member of VV's secret, private, daisy chain, why do you want to be amongst the people that you are barring from your own groups? Seriously, you VV fanboys creep me the fuck out.

Admin
Play some music, PLEASE!

Post by Admin » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:07 am

andreww1962 wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:02 am
So the guy that joined the board 5 days ago is now requesting threads be closed? Why are you even here? You obviously are a member of VV's secret, private, daisy chain, why do you want to be amongst the people that you are barring from your own groups? Seriously, you VV fanboys creep me the fuck out.
But veiled threats on a message board are cool. Gotcha. Murica.

Rip Rokken
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by Rip Rokken » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:09 am

Admin wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:07 am
andreww1962 wrote:
^^^^THIS

Frehley's Vomit
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!

Post by Frehley's Vomit » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:10 am

Admin wrote:
andreww1962 wrote:
I don't think Andrew or anyone else was suggesting threats of any kind are cool. They are not.

Thunderous_Lay

Post by Thunderous_Lay » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:21 am

Admin wrote:
andreww1962 wrote:
I'm sorry, Julian, but you seem to be forgetting Vinnie was the one who actually endorsed death threats on Facebook; hence why his account there was terminated.

Two wrongs don't make a right, surely, but again, let's try to keep things in perspective, yes ?

The truth of the matter is that the guy is either bipolar, schizophrenic, schizophrenic paranoid or anything and everything in between.

He needs proper mental health care, not be surrounded by a bunch of sycophants who's sole drive is to appease him.

Admin
Play some music, PLEASE!

Post by Admin » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:26 am

Irrelevant. I am concerned with behavior HERE.

Admin
Play some music, PLEASE!

Post by Admin » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:27 am

Frehley's Vomit wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:10 am
Admin wrote:
andreww1962 wrote:
I don't think Andrew or anyone else was suggesting threats of any kind are cool. They are not.
Yes, his outrage was very apparent.

Grizzly Adams
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by Grizzly Adams » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:30 am

We all should give up on this thread.

It's like trying to mix oil and vinegar.

Frehley's Vomit

Post by Frehley's Vomit » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:32 am

Admin wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:27 am
Frehley's Vomit wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:10 am
Admin wrote:
andreww1962 wrote:
Yes, his outrage was very apparent.
I think you're being a little unfair by suggesting he's cool with threats being made. I didn't show outrage either, but I know that it's wrong. It goes without saying.