Gene Simmons Vault on sale at FYE

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
Bubbles97
Banned

Gene Simmons Vault on sale at FYE

Post by Bubbles97 »

UnholyDemon
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Re: Gene Simmons Vault on sale at FYE

Post by UnholyDemon »

Trigger EPIC KISS fan meltdown in 5...4...3...2...
soeuropean
Banned

Post by soeuropean »

On sale? It’s listed as $1999.
Wicked_Chester
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Wicked_Chester »

So, this FYE edition doesn't have the one-of-a-kind personal item added from Gene's collection?
ps500
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by ps500 »

Bubbles97 wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:16 am https://www.fye.com/gene-simmons---the- ... gLBFPD_BwE

E0DF93A7-21AD-442C-866B-77CFEAC7DD81.png
LOLOL. that statue gets me everytime :lol:
BaqontheFaq
Banned

Post by BaqontheFaq »

This means FYE has access to them at a wholesale price of app. $1,000? (Someone who knows the retail side of things can clarify.)

Also, means you may see them discounted by 20% on a regular basis. If you are a FYE member, you automatically get 10% off anything you buy.

Once they are sold to a retail channel, the supplier can’t legally control the price at which they are sold. If FYE wants to sell them for $1,099, they can.
warmachine731
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by warmachine731 »

BaqontheFaq wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:34 am This means FYE has access to them at a wholesale price of app. $1,000? (Someone who knows the retail side of things can clarify.)

Also, means you may see them discounted by 20% on a regular basis. If you are a FYE member, you automatically get 10% off anything you buy.

Once they are sold to a retail channel, the supplier can’t legally control the price at which they are sold. If FYE wants to sell them for $1,099, they can.
Interesting. And I'm sure once this set runs its course and stops selling, they will issue a small, affordable version, easily accessible to poor saps like myself who just cannot justify spending $2000 on a set of music despite the music being my biggest draw to the band and the members.
elway2k
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by elway2k »

Wicked_Chester wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:02 am So, this FYE edition doesn't have the one-of-a-kind personal item added from Gene's collection?
The secret gift is no longer available, even at the official meet and greet experience.
BaqontheFaq
Banned

Post by BaqontheFaq »

elway2k wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:11 am
Wicked_Chester wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:02 am So, this FYE edition doesn't have the one-of-a-kind personal item added from Gene's collection?
The secret gift is no longer available, even at the official meet and greet experience.
Dang! Gene ran out of leftover cardboard 3D glasses from the Psycho Circus tour?
elway2k
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by elway2k »

BaqontheFaq wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:25 am
Dang! Gene ran out of leftover cardboard 3D glasses from the Psycho Circus tour?
Probably got tired of hearing grown men cry
elleneff
Banned

Post by elleneff »

BaqontheFaq wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:34 am This means FYE has access to them at a wholesale price of app. $1,000? (Someone who knows the retail side of things can clarify.)

Given that we know the insurable value is 700-750 dollars approx, the cost must be around 300 - 500 dollars cost (based on a production run of 5000) and ONLY the manufacturing costs (not the ancilliarty costs of shipping, insurance, hotels flights, security and protocol costs etc
We are reasonably certain they only shifted approx 1000 as per Keith`s comments and that they have to sell another 2000 to break even -That brings it to 3000 break even, the remaining 2000 of the 5000 are the profit.
So yeah, Id be fairly certain they offloaded 2000 of them to FYE and not much over insurance value of io more than 800 dollars.

Expects FYE TO offer many discounts to move these things as lets face it, the die hards who wanted it, bought it and that 1000? thats your core Gene Simmons monetized fanbase right there.
BaqontheFaq
Banned

Post by BaqontheFaq »

No way FYE made a commitment to purchase that many Vaults. They are simply offering the Vault for online retail sale — and will purchase them as needed when units are sold. There is no reason to stock them.

If they wanted to have Vaults available for purchase in the retail store (no evidence of that yet)... they would only need app. 250 or so units to have one unit allocated to every single store.
Trailer Park Boy
Banned

Post by Trailer Park Boy »

BaqontheFaq wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:23 am No way FYE made a commitment to purchase that many Vaults. They are simply offering the Vault for online retail sale — and will purchase them as needed when units are sold. There is no reason to stock them.
I don't see whomever you say FYI is buying single Vaults doing that. If other retailers start offering them, maybe you're onto something? FYI is more than likely buying in bulk to get the product for less. It isn't in FYI's best interest to be the role of a middle man with such a limited market value item. I could be wrong though.
Going Blind
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by Going Blind »

Probably an agreement in place for Fye to get the rights to sell the retail box set exclusively after a certain period in exchange for taking these off Gene's hands. I know Fye likes to deal in exclusives. I got the Jimi Hendrix tie-dyed Smash hits on vinyl from them, pretty nice.
soeuropean
Banned

Post by soeuropean »

Psycho Circus glasses and 2014 backstage laminates? Oh dear.
metaldad
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by metaldad »

What was the reason given for that ?
shupey

Post by shupey »

I'm still holding out for the music and soft cover book version.
metaldad
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by metaldad »

shupey wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:24 am I'm still holding out for the music and soft cover book version.
I’m holding out for the book and e.p version
The Van Halen songs and it’s my life
spaceace1977
Banned

Post by spaceace1977 »

I guarantee these will be offered at under $500 within the next 12 months.
BaqontheFaq
Banned

Post by BaqontheFaq »

spaceace1977 wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:52 am I guarantee these will be offered at under $500 within the next 12 months.
No reason to do this (yet) while he has 90 tour dates on tap in 2019 where he can schedule bass and Vault experiences.

Without the experience, they could be discounted down to $1,000 through FYE. Then comes the version with just the CDs and book for $500.
elway2k
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by elway2k »

metaldad wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:23 am
This is from genesimmonsvault.com:

Are there any “Special Gifts” in the 2019 Vaults?

No. That was an exclusive feature of the Vault in 2018. Those resources have been exhausted.
metaldad
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by metaldad »

elway2k wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:06 am

No. That was an exclusive feature of the Vault in 2018. Those resources have been exhausted.
Thanks for the info
I think that’s horseshit because they have a Building full of stuff
richardsimmons
Location: California $leazy Tree-Huggin’ KIZZ-luv’n RnR Ba$tard

Post by richardsimmons »

Hypothetically speaking, the entire reason the vault was interesting was because you (& a friend) got to see Gene in a coffee house setting with ~50 others, & chat with him for 5 minutes.

Although $2K, is hefty, the experience was the point of it.

The CD set without that seems worth $300 or so IMO.
spaceace1977
Banned

Post by spaceace1977 »

Anybody who wanted this and was eager to drop $2K has already bought it.
A major fire sale will happen for the simple fact the there are no more fans who give a shit that would step up and pay the full price.
WinnieWincent
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by WinnieWincent »

Who is actually surprised though?
Trailer Park Boy
Banned

richardsimmons wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:48 am The CD set without that seems worth $300 or so IMO.
An employee of mine did the Vault Experience and I bought the case and the cds off of him for $300.00, basically $2.00 per tune or so.
elleneff
Banned

Post by elleneff »

Going Blind wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:11 am Probably an agreement in place for Fye to get the rights to sell the retail box set exclusively after a certain period in exchange for taking these off Gene's hands. I know Fye likes to deal in exclusives. I got the Jimi Hendrix tie-dyed Smash hits on vinyl from them, pretty nice.
Possibly. Either that OR Rhino really need to recoup and break even and sold a number in bulk.

It got a lot of attention for Rhino, in term of hi profile client (within a certain demographic) and delivering not only a unique format package and experience at a pricepoint as then untested. Did they take a financial bath on it? you bet they did. An expensive PR excercise.
star_paul12

Post by star_paul12 »

This is shocking!!! I’m stunned!!

FYE is still in business?

Wow
j2m1979

Post by j2m1979 »

I'll wait until its 19.99 at Speedway.
Velvis

Post by Velvis »

I am not sure that is true. I believe Apple requires retailers not to go below a certain amount so they don't cheapen the brand.
Velvis

Post by Velvis »

star_paul12 wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:49 am This is shocking!!! I’m stunned!!

FYE is still in business?

Wow
and what better way to get sales moving than a $2000 cd-box set of songs sitting in someones closet for 40 years that werent good enough for a $10 cd in the first place.
Velvis

Post by Velvis »

metaldad wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:42 am
elway2k wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:06 am

Thanks for the info
I think that’s horseshit because they have a Building full of stuff
Plus Gene can get a huge discount on socks and wear them around his house for an hour and throw those in there as the bonus gift.
Velvis

Post by Velvis »

Going Blind wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:11 am Probably an agreement in place for Fye to get the rights to sell the retail box set exclusively after a certain period in exchange for taking these off Gene's hands. I know Fye likes to deal in exclusives. I got the Jimi Hendrix tie-dyed Smash hits on vinyl from them, pretty nice.
Yeah, I'm sure retailers are lining up to sell this POS for $2000
spaceace1977
Banned

Post by spaceace1977 »

soeuropean wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:15 am

97% of the secret gifts were total shite. As the dates went on, they got worse and worse.

Although, I love the gall of Gene re-gifting Julian's Vault Supliment book the week after he received it.
BaqontheFaq
Banned

Post by BaqontheFaq »

Velvis wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:55 pm

I am not sure that is true. I believe Apple requires retailers not to go below a certain amount so they don't cheapen the brand.
Apple can set minimum advertised pricing as a condition of receiving coop advertising funds... but it is ILLEGAL in many states (including NY and CA) to compel a retailer to sell at a minimum price.
jestor92

Post by jestor92 »

spaceace1977 wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:04 pm
soeuropean wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:15 am

97% of the secret gifts were total shite. As the dates went on, they got worse and worse.

Although, I love the gall of Gene re-gifting Julian's Vault Supliment book the week after he received it.
What 😁. I haven’t heard that one yet.
soeuropean
Banned

Post by soeuropean »

spaceace1977 wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:51 am Anybody who wanted this and was eager to drop $2K has already bought it.
A major fire sale will happen for the simple fact the there are no more fans who give a shit that would step up and pay the full price.
Nailed it.
soeuropean
Banned

Post by soeuropean »

Trailer Park Boy wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:58 am
richardsimmons wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:48 am The CD set without that seems worth $300 or so IMO.
An employee of mine did the Vault Experience and I bought the case and the cds off of him for $300.00, basically $2.00 per tune or so.
You overpaid.
soeuropean
Banned

Post by soeuropean »

spaceace1977 wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:04 pm Although, I love the gall of Gene re-gifting Julian's Vault Supliment book the week after he received it.

Wha? Is that legit?
Trailer Park Boy
Banned

soeuropean wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:31 pm You overpaid.

Perhaps ? I enjoy it for what it is.
RollingKISS1997
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by RollingKISS1997 »

I wish he would put it on iTunes and not Apple Music. I just want the music. Don't care about the packaging. Really just want to hear the cleaned up demo of It's My Life.
Going Blind

Post by Going Blind »

Velvis wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:02 pm
No I mean a cheaper box set, for the average consumer, like the kind most people could afford, I am talking 50 to 100 bucks as best.
douloveme
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by douloveme »

RollingKISS1997 wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:20 pm I wish he would put it on iTunes and not Apple Music. I just want the music. Don't care about the packaging. Really just want to hear the cleaned up demo of It's My Life.
It's really not that cleaned up. Sounds very average really, to be honest with you. And the same can be said for a lot of the vault tracks....
Den Dennis

Post by Den Dennis »

UnholyDemon wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:08 am Trigger EPIC KISS fan meltdown in 5...4...3...2...
Fail
Lofton23rdSt

Post by Lofton23rdSt »

Ace probably helped Gene sell half of his vaults. When he showed up at the first vault and it was all over the internet, people decided to go, because they thought they would get a surprise guest or Ace at the GSVEs.
soeuropean
Banned

Post by soeuropean »

Going Blind wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:58 pm
Velvis wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:02 pm
No I mean a cheaper box set, for the average consumer, like the kind most people could afford, I am talking 50 to 100 bucks as best.
Ten dollar KISS albums don’t sell in 2018 let alone fifty to one hundred dollar ones of Gene Simmons rejects.
Shawn71
Banned

Post by Shawn71 »

Assume he didn’t move as many units as anticipated and is trying to move excess stock? It’s an interesting listen to be sure, but not something I will listen to often.
Shawn71
Banned

Post by Shawn71 »

spaceace1977 wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:52 am I guarantee these will be offered at under $500 within the next 12 months.
Or for free now if you know where to look. :shock:
LesPaul78
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by LesPaul78 »

I still think it's a very-very cool KISS product with a bad price. Which is not that unusual in KISSWORLD.

In the short run, the price will probably drop significantly. Ten years from now, I think it will be looked upon fondly because the 166 tracks provide an interesting historical context into the mind of Gene and his musical pursuit. He was not always a Demon.
Mr.Misery
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Mr.Misery »

I think I can remember that Gene said that this only would be sold at genesimmonsvault.com. I guess lying is allowed when it comes to earning money. Why not sell this garbage on eBay instead.....
Last edited by Mr.Misery on Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.