Bill Aucoin was a criminal delusional drugged-out wackjob

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
Mr.Misery
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Bill Aucoin was a criminal delusional drugged-out wackjob

Post by Mr.Misery » Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:07 pm

Admin
Why?

Re: Bill Aucoin was a criminal delusional drugged-out wackjo

Post by Admin » Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:15 pm

Mr.Misery wrote:#metoo
A criminal delusional drugged-out wackjob?

Mr.Misery
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Mr.Misery » Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:30 pm

Admin wrote:
this is harassment :)

aceshigh
Banned
Banned

Post by aceshigh » Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:50 pm

Does Paul enjoy tearing people down? Scathing.

Admin
Why?

Post by Admin » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:54 pm

Mr.Misery wrote:
Admin wrote:
this is harassment :)
Yes, I feel that way repeatedly here too.

Gone Blind
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by Gone Blind » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:28 pm

I recall this from Paul's book. Like the recent allegations filling the news, these are some very serious claims. Only Bill isn't here to defend himself.

When Bill passed away in 2010, I remember hearing that Gene and Paul met with Bill on his deathbed to say their goodbyes, with Paul telling Bill he loved him. Does anyone else remember hearing that? Or am I completely off on that?

Because it's a really low, scummy move IMO to tell someone you care about them on their deathbed only to later call them a pedophile after they've died.

2,000 Man
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by 2,000 Man » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:34 pm

Gone Blind wrote:I recall this from Paul's book. Like the recent allegations filling the news, these are some very serious claims. Only Bill isn't here to defend himself.

When Bill passed away in 2010, I remember hearing that Gene and Paul met with Bill on his deathbed to say their goodbyes, with Paul telling Bill he loved him. Does anyone else remember hearing that? Or am I completely off on that?

Because it's a really low, scummy move IMO to tell someone you care about them on their deathbed only to later call them a pedophile after they've died.
Yep. From http://kissmaskwebzine.blogspot.com/201 ... bills.html:

Monday, June 28, 2010
Paul Stanley & Gene Simmons Issue Statement on Bill Aucoin's Passing

Bill Aucoin, our irreplaceable original manager, mentor and dear friend has died of complications arising from his ongoing battle with prostate cancer. He was instrumental in guiding us from the beginning and without his vision, leadership and unending dedication, we could never have scaled the heights we have reached.

Bill loved life and lived it to the fullest. Words can never convey his impact on us or those close to him.

Over all the years, he never missed an opportunity to be with us at our shows near his home or fly in for special concerts, including our most recent Madison Square Garden show. He had hoped to attend our London show earlier this month but his illness prevented it. He still planned to visit us upon the start of our upcoming US tour.

We loved him, told him and have peace that he knew it.We will grieve and celebrate all he was and did.We have lost a part of us.

justcoz
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by justcoz » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:02 pm

Gone Blind wrote:I recall this from Paul's book. Like the recent allegations filling the news, these are some very serious claims. Only Bill isn't here to defend himself.

Is it though? Paul is clearly saying it was the drug abuse causing Bill to behave as immorally and irresponsibly as he was. All while still stressing how important Aucoin was to them and their careers. My dad was a drug dealer and abuser who did rotten horrible things when his addiction was at its worst. He was still my father and I told him I loved him on his deathbed. That doesn't stop me from still telling stories today of when he was at his worst.

To me, it's perfectly logical for Paul to tell Bill Aucoin he loved him when he last saw them but still go into such detail years later when describing contributing behaviors that caused KISS to break from his management. Also, given how things are today with the #MeToo movement and Hollywood/entertainment industry sex scandals, it's actually smart that Paul has this acknowledgment and disapproval on record. If one of Aucoin's abused ever went public saying they were sexually assaulted when they won a KISS contest in 1980 by the band's manager, there's both written and audio proof that this type of behavior led to Paul & Gene dropping Bill Aucoin as their manager.

As far as Paul not going to authorities, this was again a very different time. A time when many of the bands, including KISS, had sexual relations with underage groupies. But I imagine the realization that your coked up manager is having sex with kids winning KISS contests is enough to say, "Bill Aucoin had become a criminal delusional drugged-out wackjob."

Ratmir
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by Ratmir » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:27 pm

Paul was critical about the late 70s - early 80s period in Bill's life because of drugs, wrong decisions, but he was very grateful about his early support and clearly said how important he was for the band. And actually towards the end of Bill's life they've reconnected again, if I remember correctly Paul and Gene helped to buy the house Bill was living in. Bill died when KISS was on the European tour so right after the concert G&P took an overnight flight to America to be in his funeral.
If you take out all these parts and only leave the criticism about the 80's period you get a completely wrong idea of what Paul actually said.
I'm surprised at how many people haven't even read Pauls book, it's not like it came out 20 years ago, it's recent. Especially because they use the book to criticize Paul.
Last edited by Ratmir on Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sam
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by Sam » Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:10 am

Wasn't it established that these videos are very selectively edited? Like the one where Paul appears to call Eric C a shmuck when he's actually quoting him.

Klankh79
Banned
Banned

Post by Klankh79 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:44 am

yeah, whoever that "daskeladden" guy is....ive seen a few of those videos, they sound edited....

mybliesad
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by mybliesad » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:52 am

I read Paul's book. He treated Peter the worst. I don't remember him saying anything that negative about Bill.

gene therapist

Post by gene therapist » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:52 am

Off the of of my head, can't remember Paul taking blame for anything himself in the book, yet tried to come across as very humble.

Oh, now I remember he mentioned maybe they could have handled the Carr situation a little better.

Rabant777
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by Rabant777 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:52 am

Bill's drug use got much worse after Kiss split with him. Read Billy Idol's book.

Aucoin had a terrible problem for maybe 15 years and during that time may have made other criminal decisions because of that lifestyle. Paul was right to include it in his book as it was symbolic of what the hedonism of the music industry in that time period could be like & it showed how the band was torn apart because of the choices that people in the band and close to it, made.

Once he got clean & became a worthwhile member of society again he reconnected with some of the people that he had negatively impacted. Paul expressed the true range of emotions that come out of this kind of extreme situation. Why do people on here need Paul to have one specific, identified opinion on quite a complex issue ?

69th_B1izard
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by 69th_B1izard » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:22 pm

What’s the saying......”Don’t talk ill of the dead”? Especially when they played a very important role in you success!

ps500
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by ps500 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:48 pm

I HATED Paul saying he walked in on Bill and a kid who was CLEARLY underage in bed! Absolutley NO reason to write that. Especialy after Bill died! :evil:

Tommyr
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by Tommyr » Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:01 pm

aceshigh wrote:Does Paul enjoy tearing people down? Scathing.
He LOVES it. The fact that he does it all the time shows it. He even blocked me on twitter just for not liking his red boots! LOL! And I was one of his biggest fans back in the day.

KISSJeeper70
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by KISSJeeper70 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:20 pm

Klankh79 wrote:yeah, whoever that "daskeladden" guy is....ive seen a few of those videos, they sound edited....
And Paul's AudioBook files (easily found on YouTube) have pauses as he reads making for quick and clean edit jobs.

Also, I'd like to point out that G&P spoke to Bill (on the phone) before he passed, but he died during their efforts to return to see him. Roman has stated that as well in interviews.

atowntommy
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by atowntommy » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:37 pm

Ace did nothing to prevent this.

f2walsh
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by f2walsh » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:51 pm

justcoz wrote:

Is it though? Paul is clearly saying it was the drug abuse causing Bill to behave as immorally and irresponsibly as he was. All while still stressing how important Aucoin was to them and their careers. My dad was a drug dealer and abuser who did rotten horrible things when his addiction was at its worst. He was still my father and I told him I loved him on his deathbed. That doesn't stop me from still telling stories today of when he was at his worst.

To me, it's perfectly logical for Paul to tell Bill Aucoin he loved him when he last saw them but still go into such detail years later when describing contributing behaviors that caused KISS to break from his management. Also, given how things are today with the #MeToo movement and Hollywood/entertainment industry sex scandals, it's actually smart that Paul has this acknowledgment and disapproval on record. If one of Aucoin's abused ever went public saying they were sexually assaulted when they won a KISS contest in 1980 by the band's manager, there's both written and audio proof that this type of behavior led to Paul & Gene dropping Bill Aucoin as their manager.

As far as Paul not going to authorities, this was again a very different time. A time when many of the bands, including KISS, had sexual relations with underage groupies. But I imagine the realization that your coked up manager is having sex with kids winning KISS contests is enough to say, "Bill Aucoin had become a criminal delusional drugged-out wackjob."
Well put!

Deuce Frehley

Post by Deuce Frehley » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:22 pm

atowntommy wrote:Ace did nothing to prevent this.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

jestor92
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by jestor92 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:55 pm

So they go from one guy who sounds like he should've been a criminal to an actual criminal as a manager later in their careers.