SBOE Show 7: 5/10/10 - Manchester

Admin
Prattish Pontificator

SBOE Show 7: 5/10/10 - Manchester

Post by Admin »

Discussion, meet-ups, set-lists, etc.

Set lists will be compiled HERE

Tour stats will be compiled HERE

Last edited by Admin on Tue May 11, 2010 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Carnival Of Souls
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Carnival Of Souls »

This is the one I've been waiting for. Meeting with Ratmir from Kazakhstan mid-afternoon, then we'll getting together with the rest of the Faq crew before the show.

This is going to be great!
acesmiddlefinger
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by acesmiddlefinger »

Carnival Of Souls wrote:This is the one I've been waiting for. Meeting with Ratmir from Kazakhstan mid-afternoon, then we'll getting together with the rest of the Faq crew before the show.

This is going to be great!
Manchester should be a fantastic show,nearly a full house by all accounts.Cant wait!!!
Rik Byatt
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by Rik Byatt »

Last I'd heard it was at 12,500. Result.

Attending the meet and greet at this one with my lad. Looking forward to it!
drgbootz
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by drgbootz »

Where and what is the best rock pub in town?
Carnival Of Souls
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

drgbootz wrote:Where and what is the best rock pub in town?
No idea - I'm relying on Fissa or DaveyD to know. Does your mobile number work in the UK?
drgbootz

Post by drgbootz »

Yep if you use the +61 version :)
Carnival Of Souls
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

drgbootz wrote:Yep if you use the +61 version :)
Cool, will give you a call once in Manchester. You have my number just in case, yes?
fissaman

Post by fissaman »

Carnival Of Souls wrote:
drgbootz wrote:Where and what is the best rock pub in town?
No idea - I'm relying on Fissa or DaveyD to know. Does your mobile number work in the UK?
Sorry COS, i've no idea where any decent watering holes are in Manc. Might be best to check out kissinuk.com as i'm sure loads will be meeting up and there are some locals going so they'll know best. What about AMF? He might know, he's of the red rose type ? :lol:

I can only get to the venue around 7:30pm ish - I hope you all aren't down the front by then ? We need a FAQ photo :cry:
fissaman

Post by fissaman »

Rik Byatt wrote:Last I'd heard it was at 12,500. Result.

Attending the meet and greet at this one with my lad. Looking forward to it!
Enjoy it Rik mate and be sure to let us know your thoughts.
Rik Byatt
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by Rik Byatt »

Thanks. Will do. Chomping at the bit now :)
fissaman

Post by fissaman »

Rik Byatt wrote:Thanks. Will do. Chomping at the bit now :)
I'll bet you are.

Thing is, you've done it the right way - taking your son. If he's young enough they'll be extra cool with you with the photos / autographs etc.

The key to a great M&G is to take either a really hot blonde or a young kid. :lol:
drgbootz

Post by drgbootz »

I read WAlkabout on QUay street is having a Kiss Day might try there or the Hard Rock Cafe on Withy Grove? Thought there might have been a rock pub in town but seems not
Paulstar
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by Paulstar »

wheresdrago Pre-show curtain just dropped. Arena 95% full. Great!

wheresdrago This place is RAMMED! About 5 mins to go.

wheresdrago Funny! Dressed To Kill, the UK Trib band, just took their seats. Roar!

wheresdrago Late to the stage by about 10 mins. Zep's on now tho.

wheresdrago MDD
1 minute ago via txt
Last edited by Paulstar on Mon May 10, 2010 1:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
helgonGene
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by helgonGene »

From Kiss Army Norways blog ( http://www.liveblogg.kissarmynorway.com ... ropa_2010/ )
"rumours has it that some fans that were backstage found out that there will be some changes in the setlist tonight"
Admin
Prattish Pontificator

Post by Admin »

helgonGene wrote:From Kiss Army Norways blog ( http://www.liveblogg.kissarmynorway.com ... ropa_2010/ )
"rumours has it that some fans that were backstage found out that there will be some changes in the setlist tonight"
Hmmm. :P
Paulstar
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by Paulstar »

wheresdrago Cold Gin

wheresdrago LMG,RNR
half a minute ago via txt
Last edited by Paulstar on Mon May 10, 2010 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
helgonGene
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by helgonGene »

preceeded by MDD..
Paulstar
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by Paulstar »

Paulstar wrote:
wheresdrago Pre-show curtain just dropped. Arena 95% full. Great!

wheresdrago This place is RAMMED! About 5 mins to go.

wheresdrago Funny! Dressed To Kill, the UK Trib band, just took their seats. Roar!

wheresdrago Late to the stage by about 10 mins. Zep's on now tho.

wheresdrago MDD
1 minute ago via txt
HAD THAT! :shock:
helgonGene
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by helgonGene »

Whops! my bad :P
Paulstar
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by Paulstar »

wheresdrago Firehouse. Blimey Genes bass is LOUD.

wheresdrago SAY YEAH!!

deucenews BUY KISS FROM DENIS O'REGAN AND GET FREE WEMBLEY TICKETS!! KISS are signing all 35 of the limited edition prints and http://bit.ly/GVo5Y
:roll:

wheresdrago Deuce.

wheresdrago :Crazy Crazy NIGHTS!!
[edited for dramatic effect..LOL]

wheresdrago CDL.

BLABBERMOUTHNET BRUCE KULCIK Schedules New Jersey In-Store http://bit.ly/bC76D1

Talk to m....(LOL)
wheresdrago : ____________

=============================
kissofficial --KISS ON COVER OF A-LISTED http://bit.ly/cEkUKj
less than 10 seconds ago via Facebook

kissofficial GLASGOW: I WAS MADE FOR LOVIN' YOU http://bit.ly/aPYWKw
kissofficial GLASGOW: SAY YEAH http://bit.ly/aeqlg2
kissofficial GLASGOW: DEUCE http://bit.ly/9RubEW
less than 10 seconds ago via Facebook
kissofficial KISS: HAVING A BLAST IN SCOTLAND http://bit.ly/d9MWe4
==============================
kissfaq Hello Glasgow http://tinyurl.com/33n9of3
KISSFANATIC420 KISSFAQ ...The Greatest KISS site ever!
===============================

Image LETS ALL THANK DRAGO !!!Image

Image LOVES KISSFAQ!

OKAY DRAGO IS AWOL!!!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageI THINK THEY PLAY LIGHTNIN STRIKES....HE PASS OUT...Image

:oops: DIS AWKWARD....:)
WHERES DRAGO???
helgonGene
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by helgonGene »

hahaha! :p
Paulstar
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by Paulstar »

DRAGO IS BUUUZZY!!!

* Can U say Chelsea Handlers Hotter than I thought??

DRAGO CHILLIN WIT HIS PEEPS!
AVAILABLE NOW!!!
Paulstar
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by Paulstar »

wheresdrago Yes! They were catherine wheels! RARAN just finished. Finished late.
(SHIRTS STILL AVAILABLE ...HEE HEE)

WAS IT SAME SET??????
Paulstar
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by Paulstar »

2010-10-10 ~ Manchester, England

Manchester Evening News Arena
Promoter: Live Nation UK
Opening/Other Act(s): Taking Dawn
Reported audience: ? / 13,500
Reported gross: N/A

Modern Day Delilah
Cold Gin
Let Me Go, Rock 'N' Roll
Firehouse
Say Yeah
Deuce
Crazy Crazy Nights
Calling Dr. Love
Shock Me
I'm An Animal
100,000 years
I Love It loud
Love Gun
Black Diamond
Detroit Rock City
LICK IT UP
Shout It Out Loud
I Was Made For Lovin' You
God Gave Rock And Roll To You II
Rock And Roll All Nite
drgbootz

Post by drgbootz »

Another killer show.... Big crowd and same setlist. Great to meet daveyd, cos, fissaman, and ratmir.... Some good photos lol.... Seriously not one dud show so far
Rik Byatt
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by Rik Byatt »

Great show. Loved the meet and greet. Off to bed now but a more in depth update tomorrow.
Carnival Of Souls
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Fantastic show - loved every second. The band were on form, enjoying themselves more openly than I have ever seen them before. Arena was jam-packed, crowd was well into the show. Paul Stanley was all smiles.

A brilliant gig made all the better by meeting up with Daveyd and his pal Paul, drgbootz and Mrs Bootz, fissaman, and of course from the other side of the world, - Ratmir - who, judging by the big grin on his face throughout the gig, had a good old time - great to meet you all at long last! :thumleft:
KISSman24
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by KISSman24 »

Carnival Of Souls wrote:Fantastic show - loved every second. The band were on form, enjoying themselves more openly than I have ever seen them before. Arena was jam-packed, crowd was well into the show. Paul Stanley was all smiles.

A brilliant gig made all the better by meeting up with Daveyd and his pal Paul, drgbootz and Mrs Bootz, fissaman, and of course from the other side of the world, - Ratmir - who, judging by the big grin on his face throughout the gig, had a good old time - great to meet you all at long last! :thumleft:
Awesome!! :thumright:
gshaller
A really important Kiss fan!
A really important Kiss fan!

Post by gshaller »

KISSman24 wrote:
Carnival Of Souls wrote:Fantastic show - loved every second. The band were on form, enjoying themselves more openly than I have ever seen them before. Arena was jam-packed, crowd was well into the show. Paul Stanley was all smiles.

Awesome!! :thumright:
Glad you dug it!!! 8)
Ratmir

Post by Ratmir »

Absolutely amazing show! a very energetic crowd too, singing the songs almost like in south american gigs.

It was great meating all the guys before the show))) Thank you all so much! And especially to Carnival Oo Souls, without him I wouldn't have seen the shows at all!
London tomorrow)))
mrmajester
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by mrmajester »

Incredible, that was my 24th Kiss show, dating back to 1980 and they still have 'it'. Loved it, this is one great line up.
Where's Drago?

Post by Where's Drago? »

HUGE apologies for 'dropping out' of the Twitter world last night. I was down the front, and it was so tight down there, I could barely bring the phone up to text. After a while, I thought 'sod this!'.

Soon after, some kid collapsed in front of us. It was loud, hot, and jam-packed. His body gave up on him, and he fell down like a sack of shit. I actually thought he was diving for a plectrum, but when he was helped to his feet it all began clear. He hung around for another song, before trying to get out of there.

I did scream (and I mean SCREAM) "When Lightning Strikes!!!!" several times prior to Paul introducing Shock Me which I've been told was very loud and could not have been misheard by the band. Misheard no, ignored YES! LOL. I wonder if I'm on the Instant Live? 8)

Apparently, Glasgow had 'more pyro' the night before, but I'm not sure of the details. However, I did 'Tweet' that I'd spotted what looked like a catherine wheel either side of the stage, and so it turned out during RARAN. They had not used that effect on the 2 previous shows I seen (Sheffield and Liverpool). It's possible that it was used in Glasgow, but I'm not sure.

The place was very full. I think I tweeted '95%' at the time, and I stick by that. Only the very back top seats were cordened off. Paul did state that it was a 'sell out', but there were a few empty seats. Were the cordened off seats put on sale in the first place? Who knows, and frankly, who the fuck cares?!

This was my first visit to Manchester, and I have to say - what a wonderful place. Very very nice city centre, with interesting architecture with all periods. Also a fanstastic £4.95 all-day breakfast in Rowntree's Cafe.

The Arena? Damn fine arena, and looked wonderful with so many British KISS fans in there (and the international element, too).

The staff? Utter wank!

I have to say, there were a few that were simply pigs. The organisation was appalling, and the attitude on some was so poor that it actually soured the experience somewhat - at least, until KISS came on.

The breakdown : The 5.30pm 'doors open' actually happened at 6.00pm. Once inside the main doors, we then had to queue until 6.30pm to be let inside the arena proper! Why?! We were then told that the 'Standing Only' entrance was for seating and we'd have to go to the back of another queue only then to be corrected that yes, 'Standing Only' was the correct way in! Once inside, you got the whole of your ticket taken off you. Whatever. Once down onto the floor you were ORDERED to sit on the concrete! I'd never seen anything like it in all my years of gigging. It was awful. I'm 40 and felt like I was being ushered in to a school assembly. Absolutely pathetic. One guy complained he coudn't sit and was told "If you can't get on your backside, kneel!". Shocking. I was surprised we weren't told to fold our arms as well.

Anyway, KISS came on and all was right in the world.

A wonderful gig, and a wonderful town, despite the experience at the venue itself.

Apologies to fissaman et al, by the time we made contact I was already inside. However, I'm in London on Thursday, so if you plan another meet-up please let me know.
Where's Drago?

Post by Where's Drago? »

Paulstar wrote: Image
Ha-ha! Just noticed this! :lol:
Same138
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by Same138 »

Nice write up Drago. Saw kiss in the MEN in '96 and liked the venue, don't remember the staff much so I guess they must've been cooler back then. FYI the catherine wheels were used on Sunday in Glasgow.
fissaman

Post by fissaman »

Where's Drago? wrote:HUGE apologies for 'dropping out' of the Twitter world last night. I was down the front, and it was so tight down there, I could barely bring the phone up to text. After a while, I thought 'sod this!'.

Soon after, some kid collapsed in front of us. It was loud, hot, and jam-packed. His body gave up on him, and he fell down like a sack of shit. I actually thought he was diving for a plectrum, but when he was helped to his feet it all began clear. He hung around for another song, before trying to get out of there.

I did scream (and I mean SCREAM) "When Lightning Strikes!!!!" several times prior to Paul introducing Shock Me which I've been told was very loud and could not have been misheard by the band. Misheard no, ignored YES! LOL. I wonder if I'm on the Instant Live? 8)

Apparently, Glasgow had 'more pyro' the night before, but I'm not sure of the details. However, I did 'Tweet' that I'd spotted what looked like a catherine wheel either side of the stage, and so it turned out during RARAN. They had not used that effect on the 2 previous shows I seen (Sheffield and Liverpool). It's possible that it was used in Glasgow, but I'm not sure.

The place was very full. I think I tweeted '95%' at the time, and I stick by that. Only the very back top seats were cordened off. Paul did state that it was a 'sell out', but there were a few empty seats. Were the cordened off seats put on sale in the first place? Who knows, and frankly, who the fuck cares?!

This was my first visit to Manchester, and I have to say - what a wonderful place. Very very nice city centre, with interesting architecture with all periods. Also a fanstastic £4.95 all-day breakfast in Rowntree's Cafe.

The Arena? Damn fine arena, and looked wonderful with so many British KISS fans in there (and the international element, too).

The staff? Utter wank!

I have to say, there were a few that were simply pigs. The organisation was appalling, and the attitude on some was so poor that it actually soured the experience somewhat - at least, until KISS came on.

The breakdown : The 5.30pm 'doors open' actually happened at 6.00pm. Once inside the main doors, we then had to queue until 6.30pm to be let inside the arena proper! Why?! We were then told that the 'Standing Only' entrance was for seating and we'd have to go to the back of another queue only then to be corrected that yes, 'Standing Only' was the correct way in! Once inside, you got the whole of your ticket taken off you. Whatever. Once down onto the floor you were ORDERED to sit on the concrete! I'd never seen anything like it in all my years of gigging. It was awful. I'm 40 and felt like I was being ushered in to a school assembly. Absolutely pathetic. One guy complained he coudn't sit and was told "If you can't get on your backside, kneel!". Shocking. I was surprised we weren't told to fold our arms as well.

Anyway, KISS came on and all was right in the world.

A wonderful gig, and a wonderful town, despite the experience at the venue itself.

Apologies to fissaman et al, by the time we made contact I was already inside. However, I'm in London on Thursday, so if you plan another meet-up please let me know.
Nice write up, Drago, as usual.

Firstly I must say it was a pleasure to finally meet my UK and international Faq'ers - COS, 'Bootz and his good lady wife, Daveyd and Ratmir. Top guys ! Shame we couldn't meet up Drago but I totally understand if you were down the front.

After finally making mobile phone contact amid the din of the support band and ensuing crowd noise and music over the PA I eventually found Davey in his 'spangly ST&H t-shirt which i'm told was expensive and not bought from a girls boutique :lol: !

Various photos calls later ( with a possible secret message for another FAQ'er ....... :?: ) and it was time to bid farewell to my new buddies and make my way back down to the throng.

This show was number 10 for Fissaman and was probably the best i've ever seen them. They were relaxed and having lots of fun up there. There's a great team spirit in KISS now and it's great to witness. Paul was laughing and joking the whole time and doing lots of flirting with some chicks down the front. Gene too but he just seems a tad pervy and a bit like a perverted uncle :lol: .

No changes to the setlist as expected but it didn't matter, they ripped through their set and destroyed Manchester. The opener with the platform for MDD is just breathtakingly cool and the best entrance they've ever had. Pauls voice was great and sounded fantastic.

This is probably the last time i'll see KISS as I think this could possibly be the last time they'll come to the UK. If so, I have a great memory of the greatest band ever to grace this planet.

8)
deuce75
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by deuce75 »

Manchester always welcome
cwr18

Post by cwr18 »

:D