SBOE Show 1: 5/1/10 - Sheffield

User avatar
Julien
Whee Wan
Posts: 15869
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2003 2:53 pm

SBOE Show 1: 5/1/10 - Sheffield

Post by Julien »

Discussion, meet-ups, set-lists, etc.
Last edited by Julien on Sat May 01, 2010 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
drummer
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Posts: 348
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:58 pm

Post by drummer »

I'll be there and I just can't wait!
User avatar
fissaman
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 8735
Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:09 am
Location: Hull Hell Halifax

Post by fissaman »

Seriously can't wait for this show. My first KISS show in over a decade - since the Psycho Circus Wembley gig.

I'm seated for this show as Fissawoman will be accompanying me to this show and I just want to soak up the spectacle of the opening night of the tour but come Manchester, i'll be down the front locking horns with Drgbootz and Daveyd :lol:
User avatar
drgbootz
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 9440
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2007 2:22 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post by drgbootz »

fissaman wrote:Seriously can't wait for this show. My first KISS show in over a decade - since the Psycho Circus Wembley gig.

I'm seated for this show as Fissawoman will be accompanying me to this show and I just want to soak up the spectacle of the opening night of the tour but come Manchester, i'll be down the front locking horns with Drgbootz and Daveyd :lol:
Fissawoman ha ha I have a Mrs Bootz
User avatar
Paulstar
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!
Posts: 859
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:06 pm
Location: BANGOR ,MEvia College Park Maryland

Post by Paulstar »

Several members at my site going!

I SMELL AN AUDIENCE SOURCE!!! (in fact i Guarantee it)
User avatar
donnie
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:16 am
Location: scotland

Post by donnie »

see you there guys
cannot wait
my first kiss concert since wembley 1999
:D
acesmiddlefinger
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 2706
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:35 pm
Location: 4000 holes in Blackburn Lancashire

Post by acesmiddlefinger »

In the pub across the road from the Arena from mid afternoon,going on my own to this show and the Newcy one the night after.
pjcity
Newbie... Be nice to me!
Newbie... Be nice to me!
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:18 am

Post by pjcity »

I will be there and can't wait after seeing them at Download festival one of four shows (just wish I could do them all !!!)
User avatar
Sinister
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet
Posts: 109
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:59 am
Location: Glasgow, Scotland

Post by Sinister »

I'm going to this one and the Glasgow show the week after! I haven't saw KISS live since 1992 - and I was 5 then!!! I'm making up for lost time!
Lands End Drums
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 15557
Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:30 pm
Location: thefreewheeler.proboards.com/

Post by Lands End Drums »

fissaman wrote:Seriously can't wait for this show. My first KISS show in over a decade - since the Psycho Circus Wembley gig.
Wow, that made me go huh? I can't believe the PC tour was 12 years ago, time flies!

Have fun, and let us know the setlist, and if it's disappointing make shit up!
User avatar
daveyd
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1982
Joined: Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:55 am
Location: Newcastle UK

Post by daveyd »

acesmiddlefinger wrote:In the pub across the road from the Arena from mid afternoon,going on my own to this show and the Newcy one the night after.

Which pub is that?

I'm driving down by myself so might meet some of you...if that's ok
User avatar
Where's Drago?
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 6076
Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:53 am
Location: Wales

Post by Where's Drago? »

Just so you silly FAQ'ers know where to go for a live updated as-it-happens set-list from the opening night of the Sonic Boom Over Europe Tour from Sheffield Arena, Sheffield, England, UK, this particular Welshman will be crossing the boarder into neighbouring territory and Tweeting the whole damn thing here;

https://twitter.com/wheresdrago

Tune in on Saturday May 1st - just don't forget that time difference, people. The set-list will appear, one by one as it happens (Twitter allowing!), and I'll also add my immediate thoughts and reactions as to how they look, how the crowd looks, and anything else that may be of interest.

I'll be Tweeting on these dates :

Sheffield, 01/05/10
Liverpool, 04/05/10
Manchester, 10/05/10
London, 13/05/10

Tune in, won't you?
Last edited by Where's Drago? on Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
fissaman
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 8735
Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:09 am
Location: Hull Hell Halifax

Post by fissaman »

Lands End Drums wrote:
fissaman wrote:Seriously can't wait for this show. My first KISS show in over a decade - since the Psycho Circus Wembley gig.
Wow, that made me go huh? I can't believe the PC tour was 12 years ago, time flies!

Have fun, and let us know the setlist, and if it's disappointing make shit up!
Will do LED, my old China !
User avatar
fissaman
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 8735
Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:09 am
Location: Hull Hell Halifax

Post by fissaman »

Where's Drago? wrote:Just so you silly FAQ'ers know where to go for a live updated as-it-happens set-list from the opening night of the Sonic Boom Over Europe Tour from Sheffield Arena, Sheffield, England, UK, this particular Welshman will be crossing the boarder into neighbouring territory and Tweeting the whole damn thing here;

https://twitter.com/wheresdrago

Tune in on Saturday May 10 - just don't forget that time difference, people. The set-list will appear, one by one as it happens (Twitter allowing!), and I'll also add my immediate thoughts and reactions as to how they look, how the crowd looks, and anything else that may be of interest.

I'll be Tweeting on these dates :

Sheffield, 01/05/10
Liverpool, 04/05/10
Manchester, 10/05/10
London, 13/05/10

Tune in, won't you?
Is there any point me tuning in Drago ? :lol:
User avatar
Where's Drago?
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 6076
Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:53 am
Location: Wales

Post by Where's Drago? »

fissaman wrote:Is there any point me tuning in Drago ? :lol:
Well, if you you're left thinking "By 'eck, did they really really just play Crazy, Crazy Nights?!", you know where to go for confirmation!

:twisted:
User avatar
Paulstar
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!
Posts: 859
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:06 pm
Location: BANGOR ,MEvia College Park Maryland

Post by Paulstar »

DRAGO WILL KEEP US UP ON AIT


THANKS
User avatar
KISSman24
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 11716
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:04 pm
Location: Philly

Post by KISSman24 »

I'm gonna be out at a function on Saturday, but I'll be following the tweets about the show on my phone. Thanks for doing this, Drago -- I'm pretty excited to read/hear what they play at the tour opener! 8)
User avatar
kissin time
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1185
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:19 am
Location: italy

Post by kissin time »

tonight is the night,of the "SONIC BOOM OVER EUROPE TOUR"!!!!!!!

have an awesome time of all you people who's going to the show!!! :wink:
User avatar
Same138
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!
Posts: 996
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:12 pm
Location: Glasgow, Scotland

Post by Same138 »

kissin time wrote:tonight is the night,of the "SONIC BOOM OVER EUROPE TOUR"!!!!!!!

have an awesome time of all you people who's going to the show!!! :wink:
+1 - See you next Sunday in Glasgow!
chrissinger
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!
Posts: 34
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:18 pm

Post by chrissinger »

how much longer til show start?
User avatar
Austin Allison
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 9790
Joined: Sun Sep 24, 2006 4:59 pm
Location: Texas

Post by Austin Allison »

chrissinger wrote:how much longer til show start?
Show starts at 8:45 in Sheffield

2:45 Central Time In The United States.

So just over 2 hours. 8)
chrissinger
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!
Posts: 34
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:18 pm

Post by chrissinger »

thx
User avatar
Fox_Mulder
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!
Posts: 620
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:26 pm
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden

Post by Fox_Mulder »

User avatar
metalfuel
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 8731
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:49 pm
Location: netherlands

Post by metalfuel »

Modern day Delilah as opener!!!!!!!!!

Band rising up behind the drumkit!
User avatar
jamvmusic
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Posts: 345
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:18 am
Location: Hollywood, CA

Post by jamvmusic »

So, so far we have

MDM
Cold Gin
LMGRNR
Firehouse
Say Yeah
Deuce
Crazy Night
Shock Me
Guitar Solo?
Drum Solo?
User avatar
Ace Cadet
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 5239
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:04 pm
Location: Tallahassee, Florida

Post by Ace Cadet »

Wow. Setlist is like somebody shaking their ipod touch.LOL
User avatar
jamvmusic
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Posts: 345
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:18 am
Location: Hollywood, CA

Post by jamvmusic »

jamvmusic wrote:So, so far we have

MDM
Cold Gin
LMGRNR
Firehouse
Say Yeah
Deuce
Crazy Night
Shock Me
Guitar Solo?
Drum Solo?
Okay so from what I have gathered now,

MDM
Cold Gin
LMGRNR
Firehouse
Say Yeah
Deuce
Crazy Night
Shock Me
Guitar / Drum solo in one with Eric Shooting a bazooka or some shit and tommy's guitar shooting rockets
I'm An Animal
100,000 Years
Trance
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 3051
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:08 pm

r

Post by Trance »

I Love It Loud
Love Gun
Black Diamond

When will audio/video be available?
Anomaly
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 23309
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:51 pm

Post by Anomaly »

KISS SHEFFIELD MAY 1, 2010

Modern Day Delilah / Band ascends over Eric and onto stage.
Cold Gin
Let Me Go, Rock 'n Roll
Firehouse / Firebreathing
Say Yeah
Deuce
Crazy Crazy Nights
Calling Dr. Love
Shock Me / Tommy's Guitar Flys to Rafters
Eric Solo + Dual Rockets / I'm An Animal
100000 Years
I Love It Loud / Blood + Gene Flies
Love Gun
Black Diamond / w/Whole Lotta Love Intro
Detroit Rock City
-------------------------
Lick It Up
Shout It Out Loud
I Was Made For Loving You / Paul Flies
God Gave Rock 'n Roll To You
Rock And Roll All Nite
Last edited by Anomaly on Sat May 01, 2010 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
swisskiss
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!
Posts: 61
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:45 am

Post by swisskiss »

To Anomaly : DEUCE was played after Say Yeah
Pollux
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1158
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:49 am

Post by Pollux »

"Animal" was also in the set list (or so they claim).
User avatar
drummer
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Posts: 348
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:58 pm

Post by drummer »

The show was phenomenal! And yes,they played I'm an animal and it sounded great!
godofthunder18
Newbie... Be nice to me!
Newbie... Be nice to me!
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat May 01, 2010 6:24 pm

Post by godofthunder18 »

:x NO GOD OF THUNDER? :evil:
:ncool: I always thought it was what the fans wanted :( , but now I know the truth. :cry:
IT'S OFFICIAL! :thumbdown:
GOD OF THUNDER IS GONE FOREVER!
godofthunder18
Newbie... Be nice to me!
Newbie... Be nice to me!
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat May 01, 2010 6:24 pm

Post by godofthunder18 »

:idea: although, what if I love it Loud is only in the UK? What if in the rest of Europe, God of Thunder is played instead? :scratch:
User avatar
PUNCHLINE
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 9089
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:01 pm
Location: Earth

Post by PUNCHLINE »

Great show! Nice to see a few new things to the set, the new way of opening the show, on a type of platform coming from behind the drums, over the top of them and landing on the floor at the front! Great change to the guitar and drum solos by mixing them together, with a cool jam type section. Not enough of Eric`s solo though!! Singer was well worth the price of admission alone. Gene`s voice was strong, Pauls: exactly as its been described recently, not so good. He rested it when he could but overall it was a tad dodgy. BIG shame. Tommy was....well, he played the solos fine, but was barely noticeable onstage. Did the job but was pretty characterless.

A couple of clunkers mid set: Calling Dr Love was lifeless, Crazy Crazy Nights was VERY flat and Animal was quite bland. Modern Day Delilah isnt a great opener either, things didnt really pick up until Let Me Rock And Roll. Shock Me was surprisingly good, as much as I hate to admit it! Song of the night though was God Gave Rock And Roll To YOu 2 by a LOOONG stretch. Powerful, beautifully performed and more than a bit emotional.
Overall: catch this tour while you can, AWESOME stuff!!
User avatar
deuce75
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!
Posts: 72
Joined: Sat May 01, 2010 9:05 pm
Location: São Paulo

Agreed

Post by deuce75 »

PUNCHLINE wrote:Great show! Nice to see a few new things to the set, the new way of opening the show, on a type of platform coming from behind the drums, over the top of them and landing on the floor at the front! Great change to the guitar and drum solos by mixing them together, with a cool jam type section. Not enough of Eric`s solo though!! Singer was well worth the price of admission alone. Gene`s voice was strong, Pauls: exactly as its been described recently, not so good. He rested it when he could but overall it was a tad dodgy. BIG shame. Tommy was....well, he played the solos fine, but was barely noticeable onstage. Did the job but was pretty characterless.

A couple of clunkers mid set: Calling Dr Love was lifeless, Crazy Crazy Nights was VERY flat and Animal was quite bland. Modern Day Delilah isnt a great opener either, things didnt really pick up until Let Me Rock And Roll. Shock Me was surprisingly good, as much as I hate to admit it! Song of the night though was God Gave Rock And Roll To YOu 2 by a LOOONG stretch. Powerful, beautifully performed and more than a bit emotional.
Overall: catch this tour while you can, AWESOME stuff!!
User avatar
LiveToWin79
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!
Posts: 955
Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:39 am
Location: Maspeth, NY

Post by LiveToWin79 »

That setlist sounds pretty decent, actually. Let's just mix up a few songs and we'll be good to go for the rest of the year. :D
User avatar
Fer
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:33 pm
Location: Santander, Spain

Re: SBOE Show 1: 5/1/10 - Sheffield

Post by Fer »

amazing