KISS pre-order 45th Anniversary Destroyer boxset

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
martial
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Re: KISS pre-order 45th Anniversary Destroyer boxset

Post by martial »

For us Europeans apparently available for preorder at www.platenzaak.nl on 1st October with the normal logo.
AztecB
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by AztecB »

69th_B1izard wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:32 pm
AztecB wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:30 pm Im sorry if it was mentioned earlier but got lost in the back and forths. My main question is:

Do we know what is in the 2 CD edition?

Thanks
Destroyer 45th Deluxe 2CD features the newly remastered album from Abbey Road Mastering Studios plus 16 bonus tracks – 14 unreleased – including the new “Beth (Acoustic Mix).” A 20-page booklet showcases unreleased & rare photos along with “The Story of Destroyer” liner notes.

Disc 1
1. Detroit Rock City (Remastered)
2. King of The Night Time World (Remastered)
3. God of Thunder (Remastered)
4. Great Expectations (Remastered)
5. Flaming Youth (Remastered)
6. Sweet Pain (Remastered)
7. Shout It Out Loud (Remastered)
8. Beth (Remastered)
9. Do You Love Me? (Remastered)

Disc 2 (*Previously Unreleased)
1. God Of Thunder And Rock And Roll (Paul Stanley Demo)
2. Detroit Rock City (Paul Stanley Demo)*
3. Love Is Alright (Paul Stanley Demo)*
4. I Don’t Want No Romance (Gene Simmons Demo)*
5. Rock N’ Rolls Royce (Gene Simmons Demo)*
6. Star (Gene Simmons Demo)*
7. Beth (Acoustic Mix)*
8. Shout It Out Loud (Mono Single Edit)
9. King Of The Night Time World (Live Rehearsal Instrumental)*
10. Detroit Rock City (Instrumental)*
11. Flaming Youth (Early Version)*
12. Shout It Out Loud (Alternate Mix)*
13. Deuce (Live in Paris – L’Olympia – 22 May, 1976)*
14. Strutter (Live in Paris – L’Olympia – 22 May, 1976)*
15. Flaming Youth (Live in Paris – L’Olympia – 22 May, 1976)*
16. Hotter Than Hell (Live in Paris – L’Olympia – 22 May, 1976)*
Thanks a million!! Hope its not a digipak. Cheers!
Hi I'm Witz
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Hi I'm Witz »

AztecB wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:02 am
AztecB wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:30 pm Im sorry if it was mentioned earlier but got lost in the back and forths. My main question is:

Thanks
Destroyer 45th Deluxe 2CD features the newly remastered album from Abbey Road Mastering Studios plus 16 bonus tracks – 14 unreleased – including the new “Beth (Acoustic Mix).” A 20-page booklet showcases unreleased & rare photos along with “The Story of Destroyer” liner notes.

Disc 1
8. Beth (Remastered)

7. Beth (Acoustic Mix)*
One thing you should be aware of is even this package is missing some of the demos that's in the boxset.
joma5477
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by joma5477 »

Fuck...just looked over the contents of the deluxe edition releases for the first time (I was busy when the announcement was made so I gave it a quick look, liked what I saw, and ordered the box set and vinyl.) Anyhow, the vinyl (and deluxe CD) doesn't have Smoke, aka It's the Fire, on it. That's the best demo of the whole bunch and they leave it off? That's actually a huge bummer. Would have really liked having the best recording of that tune available on vinyl, and would have happily swapped any of the songs from the unreleased material for it.
Statuegirl21
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by Statuegirl21 »

Standard KISS trick to make you buy multiple formats.
joma5477

Post by joma5477 »

But...I was already buying multiple formats... :(
brianj1974
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by brianj1974 »

A decent effort as opposed the laughably bad other attempts at " deluxe editions " but will still pass on this at the current price point.

4 discs of audio:
- Remastered album...really ? (pass)
- two cd's of demos and radio edits. Admittedly, these might be decent and are the most interesting thing in this entire audio package.
- Paris '76 show has been available in bootleg circles for decades. Something truly unreleased would have been nice. (pass)

'76 Kiss Army kit (pass)
Various other flyers/stickers
I do like the inclusion of the iconic Empire State Building poster, stage blueprints, replica tourbook and hardcover book.

No video to be found anywhere in this offering (sadly). (I suspect) The band does not have anything that is not already floating around (Anaheim, Jersey City etc...) but something visually here would have been nice (in-store, local promo stuff etc...). I know this would involve some legwork to obtain this stuff from a variety of sources but alas.

As has been mentioned previously, the Metallica deluxe box sets are really the standard. While this boxset does have some redeeming qualities, there are not enough for me to make a purchase.
69th_B1izard
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by 69th_B1izard »

kiss-1976 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:58 pm
turbodrive wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:54 pm
artinis1 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:33 pm I wonder how good the ‘76 Show will sound, did they have master tapes? The band in their prime, can’t wait to hear this
Wondering about that, too. If it's the one I had back in the late '80s on cassette (probably Stoned in Paris), it was great quality. Someone back then had told me that it was broadcast on the radio in France shortly after the concert.
Actually. This show would have been a nice Off the Soundboard release on it's own...
I actually have the bootleg of Stoned in Paris that I purchased in the 80’s. I am guessing that the recording will be much better coming directly from the source. My bootleg lists 10 songs and the box set lists 12.
E5AB8074-699A-4C87-B7BA-F6A446227301.jpeg
sagedrummer
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by sagedrummer »

I want to know if the new surround Lossless Atmos Surround Remix be available to stream on Apple Music. I have been really enjoying listening to the Atmos mixes and with Apple unlocking the gyroscope feature on the AirPod Pros in the coming months, it will truly be a new kind of listening experience
AztecB
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by AztecB »

Hi I'm Witz wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:05 am
AztecB wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:02 am

Thanks

Disc 1
8. Beth (Remastered)

7. Beth (Acoustic Mix)*
One thing you should be aware of is even this package is missing some of the demos that's in the boxset.
Thanks Wiz! Will have to settle for this one, the complete box is totally out of my po$$ibilitie$😪
razor

Post by razor »

this what coverdale did for 1987 lp deluxe it only cost $80 aust at jb australia
battra
Might as well be the Admin!

Post by battra »

The more I see this...the more it bothers me.

Led Zeppelin set a standard and Metallica blew it away.

Kiss limps in... double the cost of the Zeppelin sets with less material and at the same cost as Metallica with 1/10th of content.

I see loads of folks around here saying, well they're doing something, that's better than...

Who's it better than?

Led Zeppelin who kicked their ass?

Metallica who kicked their ass, took their name, and called their mommas to tell them how badly their kids sucked?

Maybe better than Iron Maiden? Nah...Iron Maiden's dropping new music.

I guess I'm sorry for not being thrilled that Kiss isn't even a fucking also ran.

This is like Leafs fans saying, well at least they made the playoffs, after watching the Leafs get swept year in and year out.

If you think I'm wrong, please show me a major band, who's put out a similar box set at a similar price.
nightwingken
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant
Location: Celebrating 12 years whining.Complaining since 2001.

Post by nightwingken »

KissCannibal wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:40 pm
nightwingken wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:27 am
fhsdemon wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:39 am Damn, KISS put out a unique product even I could pre-order and afford. Done :)
I know , this one is a no brainer purchase
Agreed. Don't forget to pre-order that Let it Be boxset too. :wink:
Done :)
kiss-1976
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by kiss-1976 »

I'm so glad the ocd side of me is satisfied with the inclusion of All the previous Destroyer demos from Gene's Vault and KISS box set. Nothing worse than it not being a complete time capsule of the period. Well done to that decision.
KissCannibal

Post by KissCannibal »

nightwingken wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:06 pm
KissCannibal wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:40 pm
nightwingken wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:27 am
fhsdemon wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:39 am Damn, KISS put out a unique product even I could pre-order and afford. Done :)
I know , this one is a no brainer purchase
Agreed. Don't forget to pre-order that Let it Be boxset too. :wink:
Done :)
Same. :thumleft:
nightwingken
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant
Location: Celebrating 12 years whining.Complaining since 2001.

Post by nightwingken »

Love The Beatles!
Spiritual_Chaos

Post by Spiritual_Chaos »

Just announced. CD set 150 dollars. LP set 250 dollars.

Commemorating the 30th anniversary of Nirvana’s seminal 1991 release, the Nevermind Super Deluxe contains 5 CDs showcasing the newly remastered album from the original analog tapes along with 4 complete concerts from the Nevermind tour from Amsterdam, Netherlands; Del Mar, California; Melbourne, Australia and Tokyo, Japan. Additionally, a Blu-ray of the complete and newly remastered in HD Live in Amsterdam concert video is included along with a 40-page hardcover book with unreleased photos.
50poundnote
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by 50poundnote »

Nevermind got a 20th anniversary deluxe edition 10 years ago.

This is the first real deluxe edition we've gotten of anything from KISS except the crate, which priced most out people out, and didn't have musical extras.

You seem to be really hung up on the price point, so don't buy it, and quit trying to compare this box to what other bands have done or are doing. I'm thrilled with this box and don't give a shit about Pearl Jam, Whitesnake, Metallica, or any of those other bands. KISS 1976-1979 had my full attention. Nothing could touch them. I play drums because of Peter Criss. This box is a chance to recapture some of that truly amazing time.

The band *worked with what they could* as has been mentioned more than once by people on this forum who were involved with the creation of the set. I don't care that it's light on musical material and not available as vinyl-only.

I wish people could just hush and let others enjoy things.
sicksickphil

Post by sicksickphil »

Spiritual_Chaos wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:57 pm Just announced. CD set 150 dollars. LP set 250 dollars.

Commemorating the 30th anniversary of Nirvana’s seminal 1991 release, the Nevermind Super Deluxe contains 5 CDs showcasing the newly remastered album from the original analog tapes along with 4 complete concerts from the Nevermind tour from Amsterdam, Netherlands; Del Mar, California; Melbourne, Australia and Tokyo, Japan. Additionally, a Blu-ray of the complete and newly remastered in HD Live in Amsterdam concert video is included along with a 40-page hardcover book with unreleased photos.
so $25 per disc
battra

Post by battra »

50poundnote wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:26 pm Nevermind got a 20th anniversary deluxe edition 10 years ago.

This is the first real deluxe edition we've gotten of anything from KISS except the crate, which priced most out people out, and didn't have musical extras.

You seem to be really hung up on the price point, so don't buy it, and quit trying to compare this box to what other bands have done or are doing. I'm thrilled with this box and don't give a shit about Pearl Jam, Whitesnake, Metallica, or any of those other bands. KISS 1976-1979 had my full attention. Nothing could touch them. I play drums because of Peter Criss. This box is a chance to recapture some of that truly amazing time.

The band *worked with what they could* as has been mentioned more than once by people on this forum who were involved with the creation of the set. I don't care that it's light on musical material and not available as vinyl-only.

Welp.

I’m sorry I didn’t allow you to enjoy things by pointing out poorly done and over priced this boxed set is.

I for one though, don’t give Kids a participation trophy.

Amazing how many folks are.
Marty Scurll
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by Marty Scurll »

WOW! 12 pages and half is discussions about Whitesnake, Pearl jam, Metallica and now Nirvana. What forum is this again? Where do i need to go to discuss the Kiss box set? Taylor Swift Faq?
Grand Classic
Banned

Post by Grand Classic »

50poundnote wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:26 pm Nevermind got a 20th anniversary deluxe edition 10 years ago.

At the end of the day, what difference does it make what other people have to say? Is you enjoyment of the box set when you have it in your hands and when you listen to it going to be any less, because some user names on a forum had a different view of things?

Who gives a fuck?

"You know I couldn't really enjoy the box set as much as I hoped to, because some strangers on a forum didn't share in my love for the package that was put together".

This would be completely ridiculous.

Every product that get released has people who dig it and those who don't for whatever reasons and both views should be heard.
Grand Classic
Banned

Post by Grand Classic »

Marty Scurll wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:48 pm WOW! 12 pages and half is discussions about Whitesnake, Pearl jam, Metallica and now Nirvana. What forum is this again? Where do i need to go to discuss the Kiss box set? Taylor Swift Faq?
Yes, in relation to the KISS box set in terms of comparisons and price points Happens all the time on any band fan forum. Try to keep up.
Last edited by Grand Classic on Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marty Scurll
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by Marty Scurll »

Grand Classic wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:53 pm
Marty Scurll wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:48 pm WOW! 12 pages and half is discussions about Whitesnake, Pearl jam, Metallica and now Nirvana. What forum is this again? Where do i need to go to discuss the Kiss box set? Taylor Swift Faq?
Yes, in relation to the KISS box set. Try to keep up.
Link?
69th_B1izard

Post by 69th_B1izard »

Spiritual_Chaos wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:57 pm Just announced. CD set 150 dollars. LP set 250 dollars.

Hmmm...interesting.....oh, never mind.
LoveGun77

Post by LoveGun77 »

I ordered the box set,as I knew I would. It would have been nice with vinyl,but it's not to be. I have the cash and i love stuff like this,so why not? I can't wait to see it
Under The Rose

Post by Under The Rose »

50poundnote wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:26 pm
You seem to be really hung up on the price point
Price point…really? That term bothers me. Why do we have to say “point” when in the past we just said “price”?

It rankles in the same way as American golf commentators saying golf ball and golf course…instead of just ball and course.

No point in saying point, in fact it is pointless! :D
KF73

Post by KF73 »

I pulled the trigger on the Deluxe and the black vinyl. I figured f*ck it, if I am putting in $200 I might as well throw them an extra $39 for the vinyl.
muzik_guy
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by muzik_guy »

Well, I broke down and bit the bullet. I rarely ever purchase KISS stuff at this price point but I figure this is my personal consolation prize for the Magic fiasco. It would've been nice if I'd been refunded for the book and put those funds toward this box set. At least I have something KISS related to get excited about this year.

RisingForce

Post by RisingForce »

Marty Scurll wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:56 am
RisingForce wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:27 am This is a good looking package and certainly worth picking up. Just trying to figure out why I'm not able to get that code to pop up that others have mentioned before purchasing.
I had that trouble also. sometimes you have to scroll around and look at other stuff and then it will pop up. Sometimes it dosen't.

The code for me was KISSWELCOME10. Idk if it still works or not though.
The code worked. Thanks a lot!
sicksickphil

Post by sicksickphil »

Under The Rose wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:33 pm
Price point…really? That term bothers me. Why do we have to say “point” when in the past we just said “price”?

It rankles in the same way as American golf commentators saying golf ball and golf course…instead of just ball and course.

price point and price are too different things
Marty Scurll
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by Marty Scurll »

RisingForce wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:28 pm
Marty Scurll wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:56 am
RisingForce wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:27 am This is a good looking package and certainly worth picking up. Just trying to figure out why I'm not able to get that code to pop up that others have mentioned before purchasing.
I had that trouble also. sometimes you have to scroll around and look at other stuff and then it will pop up. Sometimes it dosen't.

The code for me was KISSWELCOME10. Idk if it still works or not though.
The code worked. Thanks a lot!
👍🏻 Awesome!
Four-Who-Are-One

Post by Four-Who-Are-One »

Under The Rose

Post by Under The Rose »

sicksickphil wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:33 pm
Under The Rose wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:33 pm

price point and price are too different things
Not in the case above. People just use it as a fancy way of saying price. $200 is the price.
Forevertj
Banned

Post by Forevertj »

You could not pay me that money to take that garbage. Grunge is one of the very worst things to ever happen to music. Nirvana were the kings of that trash. 5 cd's instead of one of Cobain mumbling incoherently. No thanks.
Spiritual_Chaos

Forevertj wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:39 pm

You could not pay me that money to take that garbage. Grunge is one of the very worst things to ever happen to music. Nirvana were the kings of that trash. 5 cd's instead of one of Cobain mumbling incoherently. No thanks.
This doesn't make sense.
TheKISSProject7312
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by TheKISSProject7312 »

Yeah, but then you have to listen to Nirvana.
alivecatman

Post by alivecatman »

I'll be interested to see how long it takes the Deluxe to ship out from KOL. Off the Soundboard took almost 2 weeks after release.

I'm hoping to grab the Black Vinyl or Regular 2CD to celebrate the day of release.
Spiritual_Chaos

TheKISSProject7312 wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:06 am

Yeah, but then you have to listen to Nirvana.
Sssnakester

Post by Sssnakester »

KissFAQ: The place to bitch about KISS not putting out Deluxe boxsets AND the place to bitch about KISS putting out Deluxe boxsets.
Curveboy

Post by Curveboy »

Under The Rose wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:25 pm

Not in the case above. People just use it as a fancy way of saying price. $200 is the price.
Actually, in this case $200 is BOTH the price and the price point (unless they disclose this is a KISS Online exclusive then it will become the price.)
Under The Rose

Post by Under The Rose »

Curveboy wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:07 am
Under The Rose wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:25 pm

Actually, in this case $200 is BOTH the price and the price point (unless they disclose this is a KISS Online exclusive then it will become the price.)
It’s the price, plain and simple.
Curveboy

Post by Curveboy »

steveh67

Post by steveh67 »

Curveboy wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:47 am Up on Bullmoose and ordered!

https://www.bullmoose.com/p/35249080/ki ... -ray-audio
Discounted price too.

I wonder if they ship to Australia.
UKPirate
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by UKPirate »

Hi everyone. This is my first post so I hope all goes well!

£150 + postage for anyone in the UK - https://thesoundofvinyl.com/*/*/Destroy ... 68B0000000
TheSpoiler

Post by TheSpoiler »

UKPirate wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:54 am Hi everyone. This is my first post so I hope all goes well!

£150 + postage for anyone in the UK - https://thesoundofvinyl.com/*/*/Destroy ... 68B0000000
Ahhhhh thank you. I'm in!
redinthesky
A really important Kiss fan!
A really important Kiss fan!

Post by redinthesky »

It ain't over yet, if there's ever a Frampton Comes Alive deluxe box set, I'm gonna revive this thread :)
moshpitwookie
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by moshpitwookie »

redinthesky wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:40 am
It ain't over yet, if there's ever a Frampton Comes Alive deluxe box set, I'm gonna revive this thread :)
Frampton Comes Alive box set you say?
BarkBlue
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by BarkBlue »

UKPirate wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:54 am Hi everyone. This is my first post so I hope all goes well!

Thanks for the info. I've already ordered from the official site and the cost is only around £10 (including postage) more expensive but where I'm annoyed at myself is that I'll likely receive it long after those who order from a UK based site.

I do wish they'd been more transparent about its over all availability. That said I 'knew' it would be, so just myself to blame.

Ah well, still excited to get it!
Marty Scurll
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by Marty Scurll »

moshpitwookie wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:46 am
redinthesky wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:40 am
Frampton Comes Alive box set you say?
I can't believe that hasn't happened yet?