Ace enjoys hunting?

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
redinthesky
A really important Kiss fan!

Re: Ace enjoys hunting?

Post by redinthesky »

41Mets wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:58 am
redinthesky wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:49 am
41Mets wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:19 am
TheKISSProject7312 wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:06 am

I'm not excusing anyone but I have seen with my eyes a photo of Paul Stanley dressed as a Nazi, so Paul obviously didn't have too much of a problem with that kind of thing at the time. Again does it excuse it, no, absolutley not. But it does make me wonder why Paul is so quick to condemn Ace and Peter for it now, when he seemed happy to participate in such behaviour in the 70s.
Yes, I have seen that too, and it was baffling. As was the passage in the Sean Delaney book when Ace told Gene that he designed the Kiss logo after the Nazi SS, saying the SS was for him, and the KI was for Gene and Paul, you two (slurs).
I think there's a bit of embellishment in that story. First, I don't think Ace designed the Kiss logo as some kind of nazi tribute or out of a need to get something 'nazi' in the logo, I believe Ace, being familiar with it, simply thought the nazi "SS" looked cool (which, their original use notwithstanding, they do), and he used it for the logo. And that "K-I" thing meaning they are about Gene and Paul I think is nonsense, if anything just an of-color joke Ace told once. Heck, I never even heard of that until right now and I have absolutely no idea what the "K-I" are supposed to mean in that regard towards Gene and Paul.
There is a Jewish slur that starts with those two letters. Gene got so mad at first he raised his fist, the story goes. Whatever his intention was he was being disgusting about it and Gene let it slide. It's in the "Hellbox" book about Sean Delaney. I can certainly believe it. Again, Paul also said his father was uncomfortable with the logo.
Was Paul's father also uncomfortable with Paul wearing a genuine Nazi outfit? Not a costume, but the real deal?

Again tho, Paul came up with the name Kiss, and if Ace made a one-time joke about the K-i, it's just not gonna bother me. When Gene made a remark about "gentiles" while fixing his car or whatnot, did that cause an uproar? Peter, Ace and Paul wearing actual Nazi outfits, a Kiss logo supposedly a nazi tribute, where's the line a Kiss member has to cross then before a fan gets truly offended and tosses his Kiss albums in the trash?

None of these things seem to really bother anyone here that much because we're still all here cheerleading the band, especially the 70s band.
Sssnakester
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by Sssnakester »

This thread is making me want a big ol' steak.
Kisscandinavia

Post by Kisscandinavia »

Sssnakester wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:10 am This thread is making me want a big ol' steak.
:salut:
kissalive90
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by kissalive90 »

Here is a quote from an interview with Ted Nugent in 2018. I don't think he's gone to Africa to hunt Giraffes and such.

American singer Ted Nugent spoke in an interview with Mitch Lafon and explained his thoughts about trophy hunting. He said that ‘every kill is a trophy. Every hunt is sport, meat, trophy, fun.’

Here’s the statement:

“Mitch, baby, I hope you’re recording this because you’ll want to play it back often. Trophy hunting is the ultimate discipline and test and sport on Earth. And believe me when I tell you, you’re talking to a guy who’s celebrating 70th hunting season with people from all around the world including my friends in Quebec and all across Canada and Europe. They hunt with me every year for the last, geez, 50 years I’ve been hosting hunts.

Trophy hunters… NEVER! EVER! Waste anything on the animal. Yes, they wait for the older specimen, usually over the hill and beyond breeding that will not make it through that winter. That’s what trophy hunting is – a big magnificent stag.

We all know why there’s hieroglyphs on cave walls – because we all revere the beast that gives us food, shelter, clothing, medicine, tools, weapons, and spirit. Trophy hunting is the ultimate reference for that animal because the skin, the bones, the internal organs, the hoofs, and the precious sacred protein from that animal is always used by law that the trophy hunters and the meat hunters and the conservationists from all families who hunt fish and trap.

We wrote that law that you don’t dare waste a precious morsel of any animal that God provides you as a gift. And by dedicating yourself to be the best hunter you can be, you can properly and epically and reverentially accept that gift.

Are there punks and scum that kill animals and waste meat? Yes. But when we catch them, we prosecute them and we throw the law book at them because that is the most sacrilegious punk-ass move you can possibly make – to kill an animal and not use it. But trophy hunters wait for the biggest, oldest one and most of the time don’t kill anything because they’re so hard to get. But they have to by law and the spirit of our hunting ethics – we use every morsel!

Trophy hunters don’t cut off the head and leave the body there that the media and the fake-news punks have perpetuated. That lie is why the term ‘fake news’ is so important today.

Mitch, every kill… I killed a woodchuck the other day with my bow and arrow, the mystical flight of the arrow, that’s a hard shot. And that’s a trophy! I skinned it and I tanned it and gave it to one of my grandkids for Christmas.

Every kill is a trophy. Every hunt is sport, meat, trophy, fun. You cannot hunt without a sense of a trophy accomplishment, incredible challenge sport, the precious life-giving sacred protein of the meat, and the joy and fun of all those pursuits and preparation and ‘aim small, miss small’ discipline with your weapon of choice.

See, I’m so glad you brought that up because that lie has gone unchallenged for so long that I’m glad that I educated you and everyone listening that trophy hunting utilizes everything of the animal. Every spec of that magnificent creature is the trophy.”
41Mets
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by 41Mets »

redinthesky wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:04 am
Yes, I have seen that too, and it was baffling. As was the passage in the Sean Delaney book when Ace told Gene that he designed the Kiss logo after the Nazi SS, saying the SS was for him, and the KI was for Gene and Paul, you two (slurs).
I think there's a bit of embellishment in that story. First, I don't think Ace designed the Kiss logo as some kind of nazi tribute or out of a need to get something 'nazi' in the logo, I believe Ace, being familiar with it, simply thought the nazi "SS" looked cool (which, their original use notwithstanding, they do), and he used it for the logo. And that "K-I" thing meaning they are about Gene and Paul I think is nonsense, if anything just an of-color joke Ace told once. Heck, I never even heard of that until right now and I have absolutely no idea what the "K-I" are supposed to mean in that regard towards Gene and Paul.
There is a Jewish slur that starts with those two letters. Gene got so mad at first he raised his fist, the story goes. Whatever his intention was he was being disgusting about it and Gene let it slide. It's in the "Hellbox" book about Sean Delaney. I can certainly believe it. Again, Paul also said his father was uncomfortable with the logo.
Was Paul's father also uncomfortable with Paul wearing a genuine Nazi outfit? Not a costume, but the real deal?

Again tho, Paul came up with the name Kiss, and if Ace made a one-time joke about the K-i, it's just not gonna bother me. When Gene made a remark about "gentiles" while fixing his car or whatnot, did that cause an uproar? Peter, Ace and Paul wearing actual Nazi outfits, a Kiss logo supposedly a nazi tribute, where's the line a Kiss member has to cross then before a fan gets truly offended and tosses his Kiss albums in the trash?

None of these things seem to really bother anyone here that much because we're still all here cheerleading the band, especially the 70s band.
I don't care about who else it bothers or not. I don't like it at all. I well know all about Ace and his behaviors and it all makes sense. We all decide for ourselves what we want to flag or not as acceptable or not. It's my personal views on it, whether it bothers you or anyone does not matter to me whatsoever. I will remain a fan as I see fit.
Marty Scurll
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by Marty Scurll »

You're not wrong.
41Mets
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by 41Mets »

Marty Scurll wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:39 am

You're not wrong.
You or no one else gets to decide what other people should accept or not. If I think it's wrong, it's wrong. If you don't, that's your own personal take.
Marty Scurll
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by Marty Scurll »

41Mets wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:47 am

You're not wrong.
You or no one else gets to decide what other people should accept or not. If I think it's wrong, it's wrong. If you don't, that's your own personal take.
Who said otherwise?
41Mets
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by 41Mets »

Marty Scurll wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:49 am

You're not wrong.
Who said otherwise?
You did by inferring who was wrong and who was right. You are either disagreeing or agreeing, not deciding what is right and wrong.
Marty Scurll
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by Marty Scurll »

41Mets wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:53 am

You're not wrong.
Who said otherwise?
You did by inferring who was wrong and who was right. You are either disagreeing or agreeing, not deciding what is right and wrong.
I don't think Red's statement was wrong. Therefore i agreed with him. So what?
41Mets
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by 41Mets »

Marty Scurll wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:56 am
Who said otherwise?
If you can't see the difference, it doesn't matter. Whatever.
Last edited by 41Mets on Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Marty Scurll
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by Marty Scurll »

41Mets wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:58 am
Marty Scurll wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:56 am

Who said otherwise?
I don't care what you think anyway, Whatever.
Super!
southernkiss
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by southernkiss »

If Ace is anti-Semitic, why would he travel all over the world, performing with a band with two Jews?
41Mets
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by 41Mets »

southernkiss wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:01 am If Ace is anti-Semitic, why would he travel all over the world, performing with a band with two Jews?
Because they accept his behaviors and he can ride to success with them.

I am done with this topic. If anyone else wants to make excuses for it knock yourself out.
Last edited by 41Mets on Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
Marty Scurll
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by Marty Scurll »

southernkiss wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:01 am If Ace is anti-Semitic, why would he travel all over the world, performing with a band with two Jews?

$$

But really,i don't think Ace is Anti-Semetic. If he really was he wouldn't work with them nor would they with Ace. Ace is a goofball who likes to make off color jokes like a lot of us did back in the day. Back when things were a lot looser and no one got so easily offended.
KISSTRONAUT
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant
Location: The Kingdom of the Spiders, The Empire of the Ants.

Post by KISSTRONAUT »

Sssnakester wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:10 am This thread is making me want a big ol' steak.
Dang! Me too! I rarely eat steak though. More of a chicken and fish guy.
redinthesky

Post by redinthesky »

You're not wrong.
Neither he nor I were deciding anything for anyone. But I'll stick to my statement because yes, it is the truth. If you, or anyone else is still here for the band, then those aforementioned things, even if they bothered you a bit, obviously didn't bother you that much or enough to ditch Kiss. But it's not just you, it's all of us here obviously. In the end, you're still spending money, energy and time on guys who wore real nazi uniforms and (in your eyes) made a logo deliberately 'nazi-ish' (a logo the Jewish guys in the band fully accepted).

Last edited by redinthesky on Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wjs296
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by wjs296 »

They were obviously very insensitive with the Nazi related stuff. Looking at it today, it really was insane. Why would they do that stuff?
Forevertj
Banned

Post by Forevertj »

StillAlive wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:07 am
41Mets wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:31 am He used to be my favorite member of the band, but the more I learned about him over the years that changed a lot
Anti-Semite. Hunter. Trump supporter. Sexual deviant.
What’s not to love?

We don't discuss politics here. Julian says so.
Forevertj
Banned

Post by Forevertj »

Deuce1231 wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:24 am Legit game hunting in Africa is limited to those who purchase the scarce few licenses for it, which probably contributes more to that particular country's budget than any other source. The game is used wisely for the local population, and the conservation of the species is tantamount. It's poachers that fuck it all up.

Poachers. Scum bags!! :twisted:
richardsimmons
Location: California $leazy Tree-Huggin’ KIZZ-luv’n RnR Ba$tard

Post by richardsimmons »

41Mets wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:03 am
I agree with every single thing that 41Mets said. 👍

**In theory** I have zero problems with hunters who hunt & use the carcass Native American-style.

In practice… every single hunter I’ve ever met has been a gigantic douche bag. & a straight up hypocrite. They preach about living off the land, not relying on corporations… but then eat McDonalds the next day. (Eye roll)

Hey, I’m just 1 asshole. This is My 2¢
ZachAttack
Banned

Post by ZachAttack »

What a monster....he should buy his meat at the grocery store like a normal person
ZachAttack
Banned

Post by ZachAttack »

Forevertj wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:29 pm
StillAlive wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:07 am
41Mets wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:31 am He used to be my favorite member of the band, but the more I learned about him over the years that changed a lot
Anti-Semite. Hunter. Trump supporter. Sexual deviant.
What’s not to love?

We don't discuss politics here. Julian says so.
I'm sure he'll be banned immediately :roll:
Bruce
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Bruce »

My father, his brothers and my cousins all eat their kills.And they don't take the shit to the butchers, either. Soon as Bambi's father gives up the ghost, they're gutting the damn thing -- right then and there. Venison is "0k," its very lean and not very flavorful. I was a teen the last time i ate any and it was over my uncles.

The only meat i eat now is chicken and pigs, and rarely a salmon steak. Tuna even rarer. All of which is store bought. Nowadays my dad and uncle hunt pheasants. These are farm raised, then let loose in the woods. You got hunters shooting at the poor bastards, just as they poke their beaks out of the cages. I don't want to eat any of that "we hunted it" game. It doesn't make for excellent table fare, in my opinion. It justifies the kill, thats all. I do not miss it. Neither do I condemn the practice. Not at all.
stutterer

Post by stutterer »

richardsimmons wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:34 pm They preach about living off the land, not relying on corporations… but then eat McDonalds the next day. (Eye roll)
Either something's wrong with McDonalds lately or my taste buds have gone dead for the stuff.
I now eat more expensive burgers with real meat and whatnot. Goes down OK!
41Mets
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by 41Mets »

redinthesky wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:12 pm

You're not wrong.
Neither he nor I were deciding anything for anyone. But I'll stick to my statement because yes, it is the truth. If you, or anyone else is still here for the band, then those aforementioned things, even if they bothered you a bit, obviously didn't bother you that much or enough to ditch Kiss. But it's not just you, it's all of us here obviously. In the end, you're still spending money, energy and time on guys who wore real nazi uniforms and (in your eyes) made a logo deliberately 'nazi-ish' (a logo the Jewish guys in the band fully accepted).

Inaccurate, red, I am no longer an Ace Frehley fan. And I spend much less time and no money on Kiss anymore.
See it as you want, does not apply to me. That is all.
redinthesky

Post by redinthesky »

41Mets wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:32 pm Inaccurate, red, I am no longer an Ace Frehley fan. And I spend much less time and no money on Kiss anymore.
I stand corrected. :salut:
Thunderous_Lay

Post by Thunderous_Lay »

southernkiss wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:01 amIf Ace is anti-Semitic, why would he travel all over the world, performing with a band with two Jews?
... this was rhetorical, right ?

On a more serious note, the mental gymnastics raging on this thread are something else...

Thank God, Ace took a liking to Nazi memorabilia and iconography, as opposed to, say, KKK or some other dumb sh*t.
41Mets wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:32 pmInaccurate, red, I am no longer an Ace Frehley fan. And I spend much less time and no money on Kiss anymore.
Yup, same.
ZachAttack
Banned

Post by ZachAttack »

Based Frehley
ManOf1000Faces
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by ManOf1000Faces »

Unless somebody is a vegetarian, I don't see the problem with hunting, unless it's endangered species.
Grand Classic
Banned

Post by Grand Classic »

I think the American obsession with guns in general is fucked up as is the love of hunting, especially just for sport.

steveh67

Post by steveh67 »

Someone else I lost respect for when i saw the interview he did with Michael Moore for Bowling for Columbine.
Attachments
Hestongunroom.jpg
HestonGuns.jpg
Miss Kitty
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by Miss Kitty »

Ace talked about getting drunk and hunting in his book as I recall. Or was it Paul who told the story of Ace getting shot?
Last edited by Miss Kitty on Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
misterhand80

Post by misterhand80 »

steveh67 wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:24 pm Someone else I lost respect for when i saw the interview he did with Michael Moore for Bowling for Columbine.
Beware the beast Man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him. Drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.
―Sacred Scrolls
Sweet Pain
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by Sweet Pain »

Trumps POS punk ass scumbag little twerp kids hunted in Africa....on the American taxpayers dime...thousands of US taxpayers footed the bill for secret service security on their joyous engagered animal killing spree....disgusting greaseball scumbags....

Ace Frehley is just an oily faced ugly snapperhead goofball. Doubt he could even fire a gun straight. Just a poser thinking it's cool to say he hunts. He'd be lucky if he could snag a squirril or raccoon.

Freakin mook. Shut up & play yer guitar.

Ted Nugent I'd like to believe is responsible hunter with morals & ethics in line with nature. I hope.

Ace just a punk with a gun. I'd be surprised if he could even shoot without falling down off his drunk ass.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/trump-familys ... d=51194214
Last edited by Sweet Pain on Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Glasgow Kiss

Post by Glasgow Kiss »

richardsimmons wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:34 pm

**In theory** I have zero problems with hunters who hunt & use the carcass Native American-style.

In practice… every single hunter I’ve ever met has been a gigantic douche bag. & a straight up hypocrite. They preach about living off the land, not relying on corporations… but then eat McDonalds the next day. (Eye roll)

Like I said earlier in the thread, I've got absolutely no problem with someone who's going out to hunt something to put food on the table.

It's the killing creatures purely for sport and fun I take issue with...I went to see Nugent a few years ago, and he was selling various signed books at the show. I picked one up which I thought dealt more with his musical career, but huge tracts of it were quasi-philosophical bullshit about "the mystical flight of the arrow" and so on. Bottom line seemed to be he enjoys killing things and holding the power of life and death over them like it makes him feel like some tinpot god. He rationalises his sadism by couching it in mumbo-jumbo about communing with nature and so on.

A couple of years ago I saw a sparrowhawk being clipped by a car while chasing a pigeon (what we call a sparrowhawk isn't the same as the American one which is a falcon...think Cooper's Hawk) It had lost a few tail feathers and was sitting stunned in the road about to to be splattered by the next car that came along. I ran out, grabbed it and sat on a nearby wall holding it for five or ten minutes until it recovered enough to fly up into a nearby tree.

My point? Just that I did more communing with nature in that five or ten minutes sitting quietly with something normally so completely wild than I would have done in a year's worth stumbling drunk about woodlands blasting anything that moves with a shotgun.
Spiritual_Chaos

Post by Spiritual_Chaos »

redinthesky wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:11 am
Spiritual_Chaos wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:31 am Yuck for people killing/eating animals.

Thank god for Paul McCartney and his band's Let It Be boxset.

Only problem with that is, animals themselves kill each other all the time for meals.
That is not a problem.

No need for fallacies.
southernkiss

Post by southernkiss »

I think I remember Nugent once saying that Old Yeller was the only movie that ever made him cry. I could be wrong about that.
KF73

Post by KF73 »

steveh67 wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:42 pm Fark me, we certainly learn things about our idols these days, we may not like.

Eddie Trunk interview from 2020 and he mentions he likes hunting, and he recently declined an invite from Ted Nugent to go game hunting in Africa. :(

I think Nugent is a farkwit redneck myself.

Damn Ace, everyday I lose a little respect for you as a person.

edit. I eat meat!

p.s I dont like game hunting, particularly in Africa.
I am all for hunting for food, but not "trophy" hunting... especially what they do in Africa. I don't hunt, but have plenty of friends who are sportsmen here in the south. They are very respectful of game species and protecting natural resources. Deer hunting, especially, is actually necessary. Years ago I read a post that Chris Caffery of Savatage/TSO wrote explaining why it is helpful to humans and the deer her itself. Wish I could find it again because he did a great job explaining why he hunts and why it is not a bad thing.
richardsimmons
Location: California $leazy Tree-Huggin’ KIZZ-luv’n RnR Ba$tard

Post by richardsimmons »

Glasgow Kiss wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:57 am

Like I said earlier in the thread, I've got absolutely no problem with someone who's going out to hunt something to put food on the table.

It's the killing creatures purely for sport and fun I take issue with...I went to see Nugent a few years ago, and he was selling various signed books at the show. I picked one up which I thought dealt more with his musical career, but huge tracts of it were quasi-philosophical bullshit about "the mystical flight of the arrow" and so on. Bottom line seemed to be he enjoys killing things and holding the power of life and death over them like it makes him feel like some tinpot god. He rationalises his sadism by couching it in mumbo-jumbo about communing with nature and so on.

A couple of years ago I saw a sparrowhawk being clipped by a car while chasing a pigeon (what we call a sparrowhawk isn't the same as the American one which is a falcon...think Cooper's Hawk) It had lost a few tail feathers and was sitting stunned in the road about to to be splattered by the next car that came along. I ran out, grabbed it and sat on a nearby wall holding it for five or ten minutes until it recovered enough to fly up into a nearby tree.

My point? Just that I did more communing with nature in that five or ten minutes sitting quietly with something normally so completely wild than I would have done in a year's worth stumbling drunk about woodlands blasting anything that moves with a shotgun.
We agree. Nugent is an unhinged psychopath, pedophile, & asshole. In my brain, It doesn’t make up for a few decent songs 45 years ago.
redinthesky

Post by redinthesky »

Spiritual_Chaos wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:30 am
redinthesky wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:11 am
Spiritual_Chaos wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:31 am Yuck for people killing/eating animals.

Thank god for Paul McCartney and his band's Let It Be boxset.

Only problem with that is, animals themselves kill each other all the time for meals.
That is not a problem.

No need for fallacies.
I'm not sure why you chose that word, surely you're not denying that many animals kill other animals for food (carnivores)?
metaldad
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by metaldad »

Shame he doesn’t enjoy rehearsing
Ratmir

Post by Ratmir »

metaldad wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:00 pm Shame he doesn’t enjoy rehearsing
That's true
ManOf1000Faces
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by ManOf1000Faces »

I hope Ace is hunting for food and not "trophies." There's a big difference.
Peacebrother
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by Peacebrother »

Bummer.
bassmansteiny

Post by bassmansteiny »

Ziggy wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:56 am Ace 100% too lazy to go hunting. Bet he likes the idea of it and owns some guns or whatever but I imagine that's about it.
Like this? 🤣. Any excuse to share some Charlie Berens. But what's a Midwestern to do, lol.

Admittedly, I'm not much of a hunter myself, but hunting is a big thing in my family, especially deer camp. Then again hunting is a big deal in my home state of Michigan. 😉
bassmansteiny

Post by bassmansteiny »

Bruce wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:19 am I knew Ace hunted, I just can't remember the source -- probably this very site! I'm also the first male on my father's side not to hunt. I've shot targets and stupid stuff like cans off a log and shit like that. No one in the family's ever made a fuss about it, because they knew I'm not cut out for it. But I've grown up around guns, all my life, and I have no issue with hunters -- provided that they are safety concious ...
Same with me. I'm just to lazy to have to get up that early in the morning and go out in the cold, haha. I know sacrilegeous for a mid westerner 😄. I have recently thought about taking it up again though, now that I'm toying with the idea of living off grid as much as possible and being self sufficient. That way when SHTF, I'm prepared. I do love going to the range though. 🙂
bassmansteiny

Post by bassmansteiny »

Ratmir wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:04 am I remember reading a story (was it in Gene's book?) where Ace was hunting or shooting cans with Israeli made gun and shot himself.
Gene visited him in the hospital and Ace said to hin something along the lines of - you jews can't even make a proper gun or something.
Weird thing for Ace to say since they made some really good firearms and improved on others like the Galil Rifle, their version of the AK-47/AKM. Then again it is Ace, haha.
bassmansteiny

Post by bassmansteiny »

Deuce1231 wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:24 am Legit game hunting in Africa is limited to those who purchase the scarce few licenses for it, which probably contributes more to that particular country's budget than any other source. The game is used wisely for the local population, and the conservation of the species is tantamount. It's poachers that fuck it all up.
I was thinking that I heard or read that somewhere before. Thank you for confirming it. I always knew the Poachers were the biggest issue with endangered animals over there. Like how they kill Elephants for their Ivory Tusks.
bassmansteiny

Post by bassmansteiny »

I realize your experience may be different but the hunters I know, family and friends, rarely eat fast food. They try and bag their limit then process it and put it in the freezer. The hunters I know eat pretty healthy, healthier than me anyway 🤣