Who’s got their Dubai DVD yet?

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
pete1699
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Re: Who’s got their Dubai DVD yet?

Post by pete1699 »

Stanley! You look so cute wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:15 am
pete1699 wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:40 pm Kiss needed to pull off something special to make this appetizing and they didn’t. A special setlist or something for a one off event like this is a must. Like Kiss Unplugged. What makes that special is not just that Ace and Peter were there for 4 songs; but also the amazing setlist and the musicianship of the whole night. They could have done so many cool things to make this a show fans want to have.
Nice idea but the Dubai concert was purely a promotional piece for the Dubai tourist board, Kiss were just the house band fulfilling a contract. Watch the footage of the band and interviews before the concert was streamed, it's just a long promo for Dubai. And yes they gave the impression of playing Strutter off the cuff, but we all know that was as planned and choreographed as the blood spitting.

You have to remember that KISS is Gene and Paul's business and their jobs. They play for money, not for the pleasure of playing music. Performing rarities means nothing to them if they don't translate directly into $$$.

Dubai was all about the purse. Suggesting they start with Exciter gave me a good laugh, though.
True on all points and I agree. It’s just such a shame they’ve lost touch with their die hard fan base, and they can’t think for a minute …. Hmmmm, who’s buying this show at home? Not your average everyday person - but Die Hard Kiss fans. So, why not give them a few treats?
alanrosembung
Banned
Banned

Post by alanrosembung »

If Strutter was planned they would have used Paul’s track for it. They were covering time.
dtk07
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by dtk07 »

Flying half way around the world to play in front of a couple hundred people at a resort (while thier home country was at the height of this pandemic) still isn't great optics.

They have some orders to fulfill but I wonder if they are having cold feet of making Dubai thier centerpiece mass market video release for "The End Of The Road". If Dubai gets mass released we don't likely get another commercial release for this tour.

It might be best to press enough to fulfill what was promised and let this show be forgotten about. Plenty of shows left to document this tour.
alanrosembung
Banned
Banned

Post by alanrosembung »

pete1699
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by pete1699 »

alanrosembung wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 5:12 pm Image
Yeah, I’d be ok with a full refund at this point
Sam T Serpent
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by Sam T Serpent »

pete1699 wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 5:30 pm
Yeah, I’d be ok with a full refund at this point
I believe PayPal is holding its funds.
Tito
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by Tito »

A shit show. In more ways than one.
YesterdaysLegend
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by YesterdaysLegend »

Couldnt watch the download with my pad and now this. I thought about making a thread about this a week ago. We supposedly wont be getting any extras because of delay. But of course we are happy if we get something…. Another Kisstory.
Phyllis Simmons

Post by Phyllis Simmons »

woodworm001 wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:14 am Ross Radley must be the producer!
Could well be. He wants to ingratiate himself into the actual KISS world. Bragging about being a "photo consultant" for legit KISS TV bio's. Maybe he's weasled his way into the Dubai DVD project? :scratch: :lol:
That language talking about delays so far in the updates looks familiar. :shock:
"We are planning to do this... we are hoping to complete that. If ll goes well we should release by.........". blah blah blah.. :lol:
Hairchef
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by Hairchef »

I’m not getting any response from them now
vinniestkulick
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by vinniestkulick »

Makes it hard to fork over $200 to pre-order the otherwise awesome destroyer box... and so I haven't.
EasyCatMan
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by EasyCatMan »

vinniestkulick wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:31 pm Makes it hard to fork over $200 to pre-order the otherwise awesome destroyer box... and so I haven't.
Did KISS actually release this or was it another company? (Edit: Just to be clear I'm talking about the Dubai packages)

Instead of laying your venom at Gene and Paul, I think you should be going after https://www.landmarkslive.com/ If I'm wrong. Forgive me.

Also, Universal is doing the Destroyer 45th aren't they? Not KISS. Even though you can pre-order off KISS' website.
Last edited by EasyCatMan on Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hairchef
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by Hairchef »

EasyCatMan wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:08 pm
vinniestkulick wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:31 pm Makes it hard to fork over $200 to pre-order the otherwise awesome destroyer box... and so I haven't.
Did KISS actually release this or was it another company?

Instead of laying your venom at Gene and Paul, I think you should be going after https://www.landmarkslive.com/ If I'm wrong. Forgive me.

Also, Universal is doing the Destroyer 45th aren't they? Not KISS. Even though you can pre-order off KISS' website.
I just sent a message to Landmarks, we’ll see if they respond
Grand Classic

Post by Grand Classic »

They pulled the plug is the safe bet. It was a total failure and Gene and Paul don't want to talk about it at all - which is not like them at all.

Why spend money on this is probably the thinking now, but they should at least acknowledge that the project has been scrapped and get back to customers.
Kiss-Army-Sergeant
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by Kiss-Army-Sergeant »

EasyCatMan wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:08 pm
Did KISS actually release this or was it another company? (Edit: Just to be clear I'm talking about the Dubai packages)

Interesting. They took down a video on that site promoting that event.
69th_B1izard

Post by 69th_B1izard »

I re-emailed them today. Let’s see if they respond…
Last edited by 69th_B1izard on Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Statuegirl21
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by Statuegirl21 »

Statuegirl21
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by Statuegirl21 »

Grand Classic wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:22 pm They pulled the plug is the safe bet. It was a total failure and Gene and Paul don't want to talk about it at all - which is not like them at all.
It’s standard operating procedure. Paul didn’t mention Live To Win in his book at all and since Soul Stumption sank without a trace he hasn’t mentioned that either.
misterhand80
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by misterhand80 »

Statuegirl21 wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:19 pm
Grand Classic wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:22 pm They pulled the plug is the safe bet. It was a total failure and Gene and Paul don't want to talk about it at all - which is not like them at all.
It’s standard operating procedure. Paul didn’t mention Live To Win in his book at all and since Soul Stumption sank without a trace he hasn’t mentioned that either.
Poor attempt by you. Paul has mentioned and tweeted about Soul Station many times since the CD was released.
Statuegirl21
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by Statuegirl21 »

Nope.
Ack66
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by Ack66 »

Tito wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:16 am
moshpitwookie wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:29 am
Tito wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:49 am I understand KISS fans have a reputation for being suckers. It's all been taken to new levels lately though. I still don't have my preordered Off The Soundboard either.
I just got mine from KISSonline delivered on Monday. I preordered it back in April.
My order now says "release date" July 7th. Fuck that all over the place. I'm actually considering cancelling it completely, this has left a bad taste.
You go girl!!
razor
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by razor »

Phyllis Simmons wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 1:19 pm
woodworm001 wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:14 am Ross Radley must be the producer!
Could well be. He wants to ingratiate himself into the actual KISS world. Bragging about being a "photo consultant" for legit KISS TV bio's. Maybe he's weasled his way into the Dubai DVD project? :scratch: :lol:
That language talking about delays so far in the updates looks familiar. :shock:
"We are planning to do this... we are hoping to complete that. If ll goes well we should release by.........". blah blah blah.. :lol:
ros has taught them well !! :D
Tito

Post by Tito »

Ack66 wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:37 pm
Tito wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:16 am
moshpitwookie wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:29 am
Tito wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:49 am I understand KISS fans have a reputation for being suckers. It's all been taken to new levels lately though. I still don't have my preordered Off The Soundboard either.
I just got mine from KISSonline delivered on Monday. I preordered it back in April.
My order now says "release date" July 7th. Fuck that all over the place. I'm actually considering cancelling it completely, this has left a bad taste.
You go girl!!
Why thank you. Since you seem to have an interest in what I was saying three months ago; yes, I did in fact cancel it.
bassmansteiny

Post by bassmansteiny »

I ordered mine from KISS Online shortly after it was posted on there. Maybe within a day or two, can't remember. Anyway, there was a pretty quick turnaround. Came within a few days of the actual release date.

Edit: sorry, didn't realize your comments was several months old, lol. Did you end up getting your off the soundboard yet? What did you think of it?
KingOfHearts89
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by KingOfHearts89 »

Why spend money on this is probably the thinking now, but they should at least acknowledge that the project has been scrapped and get back to customers.
Refund people, and put it on Youtube for free (It's already on there in 4K just not the full show as one piece) surely the best option at this point.
EasyCatMan
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by EasyCatMan »

69th_B1izard wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:48 pm I re-emailed them today. Let’s see if they respond…
Who did you email... KISS or Landmarks Live?

When I saw that article in Rolling Stone about them last November I knew they were full of it.

I knew unless they had a huge financial backer willing to accept huge loses they were doing a Pyramid Scheme with this.

Kiss probably made them put up their full pay in escrow and pay for all the staging etc up front. But they probably didn't make sure they could deliver to the fans what was promised.

It seems like KISS Co is washing their hands of it.
69th_B1izard

Post by 69th_B1izard »

EasyCatMan wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:32 pm
69th_B1izard wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:48 pm I re-emailed them today. Let’s see if they respond…

When I saw that article in Rolling Stone about them last November I knew they were full of it.

I knew unless they had a huge financial backer willing to accept huge loses they were doing a Pyramid Scheme with this.

Kiss probably made them put up their full pay in escrow and pay for all the staging etc up front. But they probably didn't make sure they could deliver to the fans what was promised.

Kiss2020goodbyeinfo@gmail.com
Julien
EXP20240130

Post by Julien »

This is frustratingly annoying. The optics of "awaiting KISS' approvals" aren't great. Forget theatrical, get the damned thing out post haste. I'm only in it for the vinyl.
69th_B1izard

Post by 69th_B1izard »

Julien wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:48 pm This is frustratingly annoying. The optics of "awaiting KISS' approvals" aren't great. Forget theatrical, get the damned thing out post haste. I'm only in it for the vinyl.
I have some comments/gripes and suggestions that I will unearth on this Thursday’s podcast.
Tallbear13

Post by Tallbear13 »

Julien wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:48 pm This is frustratingly annoying. The optics of "awaiting KISS' approvals" aren't great. Forget theatrical, get the damned thing out post haste. I'm only in it for the vinyl.
Based all the other music and dvds I've got from other bands that came out year and this event happened at the 1st of the year is what drives me crazy, and I just bought the stream and figured after you guys spent big money on the big packages . Once they got it out they would do a dvd/bluray release later and I would buy it.
Last edited by Tallbear13 on Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Den Dennis
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by Den Dennis »

69th_B1izard wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:44 pm

Oh, a Gmail address. That's professional.
Cujokidder
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by Cujokidder »

The Voice of Reason unleashed!
Can't wait till Thursday.
Also looking forward to your thoughts on the new Destroyer box. Bought it right away and can't wait.
Tallbear13

Post by Tallbear13 »

69th_B1izard wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:51 pm
I have some comments/gripes and suggestions that I will unearth on this Thursday’s podcast.
Will the warning label be needed ? :D
KISSFACE
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!

Post by KISSFACE »

69th_B1izard wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:51 pm
What if you stepped back and unearthed comments and suggestions for Cobo Hall 2009 instead?
Statuegirl21
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by Statuegirl21 »

Dubai, KISSology 4, Cobo Hall DVD, the original 2000 Alive 4 … they’ve had quite a few total failure projects.
EasyCatMan
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by EasyCatMan »

If that doesn't work, numerous people there are on LinkedIN
image.png

and the President Daniel is all over social media

https://www.danielecatulloiii.com/

with links on his webpage
image.png

Although, I do see his tweets are "Protected" so maybe some other KISS fans have raised objections to being out $999

Good luck! Looking forward to your candor on the matter on the next podcast.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
69th_B1izard

Post by 69th_B1izard »

Statuegirl21 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:07 pm Dubai, KISSology 4, Cobo Hall DVD, the original 2000 Alive 4 … they’ve had quite a few total failure projects.
Good point.
nightwingken
Location: Celebrating 12 years whining.Complaining since 2001.

Post by nightwingken »

I am so glad I did not drop the money for this.
wayfarer
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by wayfarer »

Den Dennis wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:55 pm

Oh, a Gmail address. That's professional.
That sent off alarm bells for me too...
Statuegirl21
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by Statuegirl21 »

KISSyour2020moneygoodbye
wjs296
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by wjs296 »

Statuegirl21 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:07 pm Dubai, KISSology 4, Cobo Hall DVD, the original 2000 Alive 4 … they’ve had quite a few total failure projects.

That is typically how business works. Once they realize that they won't make the profit they want, they move on to the next thing. None of these projects are done just for the die hards, it would be delusional to believe they would do that.
Tito

Post by Tito »

EasyCatMan wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:32 pm It seems like KISS Co is washing their hands of it.
They seem to be strangely fine with third parties ripping their fans off in their name. We have the best fans, the fans are our bosses, we hear and we obey... Well how about sort this shit out?
wjs296
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by wjs296 »

Tito wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:59 am
EasyCatMan wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:32 pm It seems like KISS Co is washing their hands of it.
They seem to be strangely fine with third parties ripping their fans off in their name. We have the best fans, the fans are our bosses, we hear and we obey... Well how about sort this shit out?
They use the typical political approach, ignore it and pivot to something else....
Under The Rose

Post by Under The Rose »

69th_B1izard wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:47 pm
Good point.
They keep telling us that they have never sounded better and that they want to go out on top. Yet, when they see themselves on film, they’re clearly too embarrassed to let it be released. Because in the cold light of day, they see how decrepit they look and sound.
Mackemkiss

Post by Mackemkiss »

wjs296 wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:36 am

That is typically how business works. Once they realize that they won't make the profit they want, they move on to the next thing. None of these projects are done just for the die hards, it would be delusional to believe they would do that.
In business usually if you pay for something you either get it/get your money back or the business goes bust/bankrupt or sued?
jannep17

Post by jannep17 »

I enjoyed the show on the day but for me it was enough to watch it once.
EasyCatMan
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by EasyCatMan »

Tito wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:59 am

I hear you. I also understand with how much KISS promoted this event that many thought it was Kiss who were responsible for the stuff that was promised to them.

You are right, from a public relations point of view, it doesn't look good at all. They (their people) should be on the phone to Landmark everyday. They should be ripping them for acting like KISS is the one who is holding up stuff being sent out because of "approvals". The only thing at this point that should require approval is the final DVD edits.

Landmark really reminds me alot of Pixelon. Remember their huge iBash in 1999 KISS was a part of? Although, they seemed to be spending $12M on this huge bash to push their IPO.

https://www.wired.com/2000/04/from-ibash-to-ibusted/

Pixelon: The True Story of Streaming Video's Greatest Fraud
https://www.streamingmedia.com/Articles ... eID=129289
WI KISSfan

Post by WI KISSfan »

I'm not usually one to go along with the negativity so prevalent on here, but I'm a hard pass on this whole Dubai "event."

At first I thought a KISS PPV for new year's, cool! But as I learned more about what was actually gonna happen my interest plummeted. No live crowd because they'll be 200 ft away on the balcony of their hotel rooms? Nah

It just didn't seem like a legit KISS show with a setup like that, glad I skipped putting any $$ into it all.

Now if I could only get a refund on my tickets that were purchased in Dec '19 for a Milwaukee show that still hasn't happened. :evil:
Hairchef
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by Hairchef »

I did google earth on Landmarks address, now I really think I’m out the cash, I can’t post the pic
alivecatman

Post by alivecatman »

KISS2020 Goodbye - A Ros Radley film.