KISS pre-order 45th Anniversary Destroyer boxset

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
User avatar
Mad Dog
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 3142
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:05 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: KISS pre-order 45th Anniversary Destroyer boxset

Post by Mad Dog »

In the Suds wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:57 pm
Grand Classic wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:55 pm
In the Suds wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:51 pm
Grand Classic wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:49 pm

His initial solo albums sold dick until he started Whitesnake. All of a sudden you care about album sales when it comes to the practically zero album sales for some of the stuff you listen to? :lol:
I didn't say I care about sales. You said if Paul could sing like that he'd have had bigger hits. But David Coverdale sang like that and flopped.
Coverdale sang like that in Whitesnake too and had massive success. Not sure of your point here. It's his singing style from Purple to more modern times.

Those two albums just weren't really rock albums, so they didn't have as much commercial appeal. The point is that Paul wishes he was able to do that with his voice.
Whitesnake have one huge album and outside of that they are a minor league band and always have been.

Why can't you be objective about the things you love? I hear it's easy. :P
They had 11 albums in the UK top 10 and 6 singles reached the top 20.
User avatar
steveh67
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 4345
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:56 pm
Location: Canberra, Australia

Re: KISS pre-order 45th Anniversary Destroyer boxset

Post by steveh67 »

Mad Dog wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:24 am
In the Suds wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:57 pm
Grand Classic wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:55 pm
In the Suds wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:51 pm

I didn't say I care about sales. You said if Paul could sing like that he'd have had bigger hits. But David Coverdale sang like that and flopped.
Coverdale sang like that in Whitesnake too and had massive success. Not sure of your point here. It's his singing style from Purple to more modern times.

Those two albums just weren't really rock albums, so they didn't have as much commercial appeal. The point is that Paul wishes he was able to do that with his voice.
Whitesnake have one huge album and outside of that they are a minor league band and always have been.

Why can't you be objective about the things you love? I hear it's easy. :P
They had 11 albums in the UK top 10 and 6 singles reached the top 20.
Remember US citizens can tend to be very insular....
User avatar
Much Too Soon
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!
Posts: 2430
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:51 pm

Re: KISS pre-order 45th Anniversary Destroyer boxset

Post by Much Too Soon »

Grand Claptrap wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:50 am
His Majesty wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:59 pm Interesting that the Ezrin remixed version from a few years back is not included...
Ezrin told me yesterday that he had nothing to do with this package. Wasn't even contacted about potentially being involved, so that is most likely why the remix isn't included despite the one track.
Homer Simpson wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:11 pm
StillAlive wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:07 pm
MrPaulStanley wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:58 pm Didn't someone mention earlier something about bringing garbage into a positive thread? (Page 5, I think).
Seems like someone else decided to derail it completely and shit all over it.
That's what he does.
Shits on everything with his obsessive hate and negativity,
Polluting every topic with DOZENS of off topic posts.
Exactly. In all the time I've been here, he's the only person I've ever put on my ignore list. Unfortunately, I can still he the garbage he posts when other people quote him.
Good ole (and banned once before) Grand Claptrap. A flat Earth Society member of there ever was. He never disappoints. The Supertroll of trolls. He is never wrong. Just tell him he is right and he will move on.
User avatar
Spiritual_Chaos
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 4633
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:06 am

Re: KISS pre-order 45th Anniversary Destroyer boxset

Post by Spiritual_Chaos »

Chaim Wigz wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:57 am There should have been a vinyl box set, and I would have thrown my money at this. A CD only box set? In 2021?? What a head scratcher.
Yes.
User avatar
wjs296
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!
Posts: 841
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:15 am

Re: KISS pre-order 45th Anniversary Destroyer boxset

Post by wjs296 »

Chaim Wigz wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:57 am There should have been a vinyl box set, and I would have thrown my money at this. A CD only box set? In 2021?? What a head scratcher.
That does seem odd, perhaps the last few releases sold more in the cd format? I would believe this would be a decision by Universal and not the band.
User avatar
Curveboy
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 9112
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:07 am

Re: KISS pre-order 45th Anniversary Destroyer boxset

Post by Curveboy »

In the Suds wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:52 pm And it's not like Whitesnake have ever really been a big radio band. How many song do they have that got a lot airplay? Maybe three.
I'd think any band would kill for a song like Here I Go Again, which even today is played on radio, in television shows and movies...
Plus they are out there still recording and touring.
User avatar
LoveGun77
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 6480
Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:02 pm
Location: Chicago,IL

Re: KISS pre-order 45th Anniversary Destroyer boxset

Post by LoveGun77 »

Statuegirl21 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:32 pm
LoveGun77 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:45 pm Just ordered the box set...even though I wish it was vinyl,it's still filled with so many cool extras,that I knew I had to have it.

However,just for the hell of it,that wasn't enough...lol....I also ordered the lmt ed red and yellow vinyl set :)
Image
VInyl and box sets are passions of mine and yes,they will happily take my money haha.

So I figured "Why not"? The box set is cool with all the stuff and the vinyl is colored,so I'm in.
User avatar
LoveGun77
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 6480
Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:02 pm
Location: Chicago,IL

Re: KISS pre-order 45th Anniversary Destroyer boxset

Post by LoveGun77 »

It's amazing with some people: they complain we never get anything like this. Then when we do,it's complaining about the price or the postage. Nothing is good enough.
User avatar
Spiritual_Chaos
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 4633
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:06 am

Re: KISS pre-order 45th Anniversary Destroyer boxset

Post by Spiritual_Chaos »

LoveGun77 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:50 am It's amazing with some people: they complain we never get anything like this. Then when we do,it's complaining about the price or the postage. Nothing is good enough.
Not much thought put into this post.
User avatar
LoveGun77
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 6480
Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:02 pm
Location: Chicago,IL

Re: KISS pre-order 45th Anniversary Destroyer boxset

Post by LoveGun77 »

Spiritual_Chaos wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:57 am
LoveGun77 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:50 am It's amazing with some people: they complain we never get anything like this. Then when we do,it's complaining about the price or the postage. Nothing is good enough.
Not much thought put into this post.
Sorry to disappoint you or not make it good enough for you.

Is it a true statement or not?
User avatar
jmitzel
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 2837
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:23 pm
Location: Corryton, TN

Re: KISS pre-order 45th Anniversary Destroyer boxset

Post by jmitzel »

Grand Classic wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:18 pm
jmitzel wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:11 pm Honestly, I am over hearing about Metallica did this and Whitesnake did that on a KISS chat board. Folks seem to forget that the record company has majority to do with deluxe releases, pricing and such; not the bands themselves.
This isn't entirely true. Not with those bands anyway. They are in full control of their deluxe editions.
True, not with the other bands; however, KISS is under Universal these days and they seem to have a tight grip on there releases. I could be wrong.
User avatar
jmitzel
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 2837
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:23 pm
Location: Corryton, TN

Re: KISS pre-order 45th Anniversary Destroyer boxset

Post by jmitzel »

Spiritual_Chaos wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:44 am
jmitzel wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:11 pm Honestly, I am over hearing about Metallica did this and Whitesnake did that on a KISS chat board. Folks seem to forget that the record company has majority to do with deluxe releases, pricing and such; not the bands themselves.
This is painting a false picture.
I agree my original wording may be irrelevant. Metallica has there own record company supposedly so they have full say in all releases; however, KISS is under Universal who is a huge worldwide corporation, so, it makes you wonder how much say does Paul and Gene truly have in there current releases or even how much input they have in them along with final pricing.
User avatar
RisingForce
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 37196
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:39 am

Re: KISS pre-order 45th Anniversary Destroyer boxset

Post by RisingForce »

This is a good looking package and certainly worth picking up. Just trying to figure out why I'm not able to get that code to pop up that others have mentioned before purchasing.
User avatar
jake4294
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!
Posts: 402
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:33 pm
Location: Illinois

Re: KISS pre-order 45th Anniversary Destroyer boxset

Post by jake4294 »

Just pre ordered the 4CD box last night, I’m gonna wait on the vinyl for now, not really itching to have yet another Destroyer reissue on wax at the moment. Really looking forward to that Blu-Ray disc, I’ve had an Atmos setup for a couple years and I don’t have any Blu-Ray audio discs.


A couple other things:

- I noticed the 2 LP deluxe doesn’t have any live tracks on the 2nd LP, makes me wonder if they’ll do a stand alone vinyl release for that show (maybe Off The Soundboard? or RSD?)

- I hope they give Creatures this same treatment so we can finally have the ORIGINAL mix remastered on vinyl.
User avatar
SpaceaceRyan
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!
Posts: 497
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:54 pm

Re: KISS pre-order 45th Anniversary Destroyer boxset

Post by SpaceaceRyan »

Is a regular Dolby pro logic 5.1 stereo receiver with a regular CD player connected going to play the atmos cd like it was meant to be heard or do you need special atmos equipment?
Last edited by SpaceaceRyan on Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Hi I'm Witz
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 8734
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:04 pm
Location: Chattanooga, TN

Re: KISS pre-order 45th Anniversary Destroyer boxset

Post by Hi I'm Witz »

I think the boxset in terms of what's included is fantastic. I'm not sure what more they could squeeze into this package. It truly is the ultimate way to own the greatest album in KISS' catalogue (in my opinion).

I just wish instead of selling the vinyl separately they wouldve simply offered two versions of the boxset, one in vinyl and one in CD (or digital download) . The reason being is this really sucks for vinyl enthusiasts because it's needless price gouging. It forces us to make two separate purchases to get the benefits of the boxset and to listen in the format we want. Where as if they had just offered the boxset in two formats, it wouldve made everybody happy. For potential future releases I really hope they reconsider how these are offered.
User avatar
BlackDiamond67
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 3822
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:28 pm

Re: KISS pre-order 45th Anniversary Destroyer boxset

Post by BlackDiamond67 »

Stanley! You look so cute wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:30 am Please shut up about Pearl fucking Jam! Literally no one cares!
I second this minus the “please”.
BEARSFAN
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!
Posts: 34
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:01 am

Re: KISS pre-order 45th Anniversary Destroyer boxset

Post by BEARSFAN »

Excited about the box set!! Pre-ordered as an early Xmas 🎁 for myself. Happy Kiss is finally doing something in this mode. I hope it sells very well so we get other releases. Would love Alive -Creatures-Revenge and any of the other.originals👍
User avatar
Marty Scurll
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!
Posts: 492
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:04 pm

Re: KISS pre-order 45th Anniversary Destroyer boxset

Post by Marty Scurll »

RisingForce wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:27 am This is a good looking package and certainly worth picking up. Just trying to figure out why I'm not able to get that code to pop up that others have mentioned before purchasing.
I had that trouble also. sometimes you have to scroll around and look at other stuff and then it will pop up. Sometimes it dosen't.

The code for me was KISSWELCOME10. Idk if it still works or not though.
User avatar
Spiritual_Chaos
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 4633
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:06 am

Re: KISS pre-order 45th Anniversary Destroyer boxset

Post by Spiritual_Chaos »

SpaceaceRyan wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:42 am Is a regular Dolby pro logic 5.1 stereo receiver with a regular CD player connected going to play the atmos cd like it was meant to be heard or do you need special atmos equipment?
It's a blu-ray disc. Not a CD.

And, Isn't "pro logic" an old early 2000s term for "fake surround" breaking a part a stereo signal into more channels? Like some GameCube games used...

Could be wrong...
User avatar
Spiritual_Chaos
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 4633
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:06 am

Re: KISS pre-order 45th Anniversary Destroyer boxset

Post by Spiritual_Chaos »

BlackDiamond67 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:51 am
Stanley! You look so cute wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:30 am Please shut up about Pearl fucking Jam! Literally no one cares!
I second this minus the “please”.
They included vinyl in their box. Didn't need to say "please" for them to do so.
User avatar
Spiritual_Chaos
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 4633
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:06 am

Re: KISS pre-order 45th Anniversary Destroyer boxset

Post by Spiritual_Chaos »

LoveGun77 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:08 am
Spiritual_Chaos wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:57 am
LoveGun77 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:50 am It's amazing with some people: they complain we never get anything like this. Then when we do,it's complaining about the price or the postage. Nothing is good enough.
Not much thought put into this post.
Sorry to disappoint you or not make it good enough for you.

Is it a true statement or not?
Not true. I think most believe this is "good enough". But not perfect, with it being expensive and whatnot.
User avatar
Spiritual_Chaos
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 4633
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:06 am

Re: KISS pre-order 45th Anniversary Destroyer boxset

Post by Spiritual_Chaos »

jmitzel wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:24 am
Spiritual_Chaos wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:44 am
jmitzel wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:11 pm Honestly, I am over hearing about Metallica did this and Whitesnake did that on a KISS chat board. Folks seem to forget that the record company has majority to do with deluxe releases, pricing and such; not the bands themselves.
This is painting a false picture.
I agree my original wording may be irrelevant. Metallica has there own record company supposedly so they have full say in all releases; however, KISS is under Universal who is a huge worldwide corporation, so, it makes you wonder how much say does Paul and Gene truly have in there current releases or even how much input they have in them along with final pricing.
I would think KISS is allowed to participate as much as they want to in a release like this. And be in discussion with the label. But not have a Carte Blanche regarding pricing etc.

Pearl Jam had special packaging for their Vitalogy and No Code album covers back in the day, and that ate into the profits of the band and not addedmto the cost of the CD. So I would imagine Universal decide on what they think the market would pay for this and the margin that is needed, but they do not shut KISS out of it saying "we're putting the Paris show in here whether you like it or not -- now hand over those mult-track tapes and that blueprint of your 1976 stage set up Gene!"
User avatar
Chaim Wigz
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!
Posts: 2355
Joined: Thu May 02, 2013 1:35 pm

Re: KISS pre-order 45th Anniversary Destroyer boxset

Post by Chaim Wigz »

Hi I'm Witz wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:43 am I think the boxset in terms of what's included is fantastic. I'm not sure what more they could squeeze into this package. It truly is the ultimate way to own the greatest album in KISS' catalogue (in my opinion).

I just wish instead of selling the vinyl separately they wouldve simply offered two versions of the boxset, one in vinyl and one in CD (or digital download) . The reason being is this really sucks for vinyl enthusiasts because it's needless price gouging. It forces us to make two separate purchases to get the benefits of the boxset and to listen in the format we want. Where as if they had just offered the boxset in two formats, it wouldve made everybody happy. For potential future releases I really hope they reconsider how these are offered.
Agreed. CDs cost pennies to produce nowadays, so for that price I think they could/should have included everything on vinyl too. The Led Zeppelin super deluxe editions are a good example of this. Then no need to produce two separate box sets, just chuck both formats into one and TAKE MY MONEY! 💵

Sadly, for the above reason I’ll be passing on this one.
User avatar
BlackDiamond67
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 3822
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:28 pm

Re: KISS pre-order 45th Anniversary Destroyer boxset

Post by BlackDiamond67 »

I was giddy at the sight of this offering. I ordered the super deluxe bundle, colored and black vinyl, jackets, Flaming Youth and Spirit of ‘76 tee...have to support quality offerings such as this. Well done, KISS!
User avatar
Spiritual_Chaos
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 4633
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:06 am

Re: KISS pre-order 45th Anniversary Destroyer boxset

Post by Spiritual_Chaos »

Chaim Wigz wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:04 am
Hi I'm Witz wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:43 am I think the boxset in terms of what's included is fantastic. I'm not sure what more they could squeeze into this package. It truly is the ultimate way to own the greatest album in KISS' catalogue (in my opinion).

I just wish instead of selling the vinyl separately they wouldve simply offered two versions of the boxset, one in vinyl and one in CD (or digital download) . The reason being is this really sucks for vinyl enthusiasts because it's needless price gouging. It forces us to make two separate purchases to get the benefits of the boxset and to listen in the format we want. Where as if they had just offered the boxset in two formats, it wouldve made everybody happy. For potential future releases I really hope they reconsider how these are offered.
Agreed. CDs cost pennies to produce nowadays, so for that price I think they could/should have included everything on vinyl too. The Led Zeppelin super deluxe editions are a good example of this. Then no need to produce two separate box sets, just chuck both formats into one and TAKE MY MONEY! 💵

Sadly, for the above reason I’ll be passing on this one.
No. Having both formats in a box is bullshit. The same as putting a bluray in with the 4K version.

They should have released a CD box and a vinyl box. Have the customer choose what format you like.

Like Neil Young did with his first Archive box - it was available on CD, on DVD and on Bluray I think.
User avatar
Hi I'm Witz
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 8734
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:04 pm
Location: Chattanooga, TN

Re: KISS pre-order 45th Anniversary Destroyer boxset

Post by Hi I'm Witz »

Spiritual_Chaos wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:14 am
Chaim Wigz wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:04 am
Hi I'm Witz wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:43 am I think the boxset in terms of what's included is fantastic. I'm not sure what more they could squeeze into this package. It truly is the ultimate way to own the greatest album in KISS' catalogue (in my opinion).

I just wish instead of selling the vinyl separately they wouldve simply offered two versions of the boxset, one in vinyl and one in CD (or digital download) . The reason being is this really sucks for vinyl enthusiasts because it's needless price gouging. It forces us to make two separate purchases to get the benefits of the boxset and to listen in the format we want. Where as if they had just offered the boxset in two formats, it wouldve made everybody happy. For potential future releases I really hope they reconsider how these are offered.
Agreed. CDs cost pennies to produce nowadays, so for that price I think they could/should have included everything on vinyl too. The Led Zeppelin super deluxe editions are a good example of this. Then no need to produce two separate box sets, just chuck both formats into one and TAKE MY MONEY! 💵

Sadly, for the above reason I’ll be passing on this one.
No. Having both formats in a box is bullshit. The same as putting a bluray in with the 4K version.

They should have released a CD box and a vinyl box. Have the customer choose what format you like.

Like Neil Young did with his first Archive box - it was available on CD, on DVD and on Bluray I think.
Bingo.
User avatar
Chaim Wigz
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!
Posts: 2355
Joined: Thu May 02, 2013 1:35 pm

Re: KISS pre-order 45th Anniversary Destroyer boxset

Post by Chaim Wigz »

Spiritual_Chaos wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:14 am
Chaim Wigz wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:04 am
Hi I'm Witz wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:43 am I think the boxset in terms of what's included is fantastic. I'm not sure what more they could squeeze into this package. It truly is the ultimate way to own the greatest album in KISS' catalogue (in my opinion).

I just wish instead of selling the vinyl separately they wouldve simply offered two versions of the boxset, one in vinyl and one in CD (or digital download) . The reason being is this really sucks for vinyl enthusiasts because it's needless price gouging. It forces us to make two separate purchases to get the benefits of the boxset and to listen in the format we want. Where as if they had just offered the boxset in two formats, it wouldve made everybody happy. For potential future releases I really hope they reconsider how these are offered.
Agreed. CDs cost pennies to produce nowadays, so for that price I think they could/should have included everything on vinyl too. The Led Zeppelin super deluxe editions are a good example of this. Then no need to produce two separate box sets, just chuck both formats into one and TAKE MY MONEY! 💵

Sadly, for the above reason I’ll be passing on this one.
No. Having both formats in a box is bullshit. The same as putting a bluray in with the 4K version.

They should have released a CD box and a vinyl box. Have the customer choose what format you like.

Like Neil Young did with his first Archive box - it was available on CD, on DVD and on Bluray I think.
My point is, that production of CDs costs pennies, so the profit margin on this thing will be huge and for that reason, there’s no good reason why vinyl couldn’t have been included. Of course, the profit margin on vinyl records is much narrower, which I guess since it’s Kiss we’re talking about answers the question why there won’t be a vinyl box set.

But yes, I’d have been happy with a separate vinyl box set, or a Led Zep style one, with everything in together. Unfortunately we’ve been given the choice of neither..
User avatar
joma5477
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1938
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:34 am

Re: KISS pre-order 45th Anniversary Destroyer boxset

Post by joma5477 »

LoveGun77 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:50 am It's amazing with some people: they complain we never get anything like this. Then when we do,it's complaining about the price or the postage. Nothing is good enough.
Honestly, I'd be bitching if I had to pay $100 for shipping, too. I think this is a good looking set and is reasonably priced. But it's much less so if you're unfortunate enough to have to pay $100 for shipping.
RisingForce wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:27 am This is a good looking package and certainly worth picking up. Just trying to figure out why I'm not able to get that code to pop up that others have mentioned before purchasing.
As another poster mentioned, the code is
KISSWELCOME10
It's a generic code and should work for anyone...provided the people running the site don't come by after the fact and say 'you're not a new customer!'
User avatar
BlackDiamond67
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 3822
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:28 pm

Re: KISS pre-order 45th Anniversary Destroyer boxset

Post by BlackDiamond67 »

Join the KISS Army and get 10% off every order.
User avatar
SpaceaceRyan
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!
Posts: 497
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:54 pm

Re: KISS pre-order 45th Anniversary Destroyer boxset

Post by SpaceaceRyan »

Spiritual_Chaos wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:58 am
SpaceaceRyan wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:42 am Is a regular Dolby pro logic 5.1 stereo receiver with a regular CD player connected going to play the atmos cd like it was meant to be heard or do you need special atmos equipment?
It's a blu-ray disc. Not a CD.

And, Isn't "pro logic" an old early 2000s term for "fake surround" breaking a part a stereo signal into more channels? Like some GameCube games used...

Could be wrong...
I think you need a Dolby Pro Logic surround sound 5.1 receiver with a bluray player connected to listen to it like it was meant to be listened to. Maybe?
User avatar
Spiritual_Chaos
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 4633
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:06 am

Re: KISS pre-order 45th Anniversary Destroyer boxset

Post by Spiritual_Chaos »

SpaceaceRyan wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:16 am
Spiritual_Chaos wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:58 am
SpaceaceRyan wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:42 am Is a regular Dolby pro logic 5.1 stereo receiver with a regular CD player connected going to play the atmos cd like it was meant to be heard or do you need special atmos equipment?
It's a blu-ray disc. Not a CD.

And, Isn't "pro logic" an old early 2000s term for "fake surround" breaking a part a stereo signal into more channels? Like some GameCube games used...

Could be wrong...
I think you need a Dolby Pro Logic surround sound 5.1 receiver with a bluray player connected to listen to it like it was meant to be listened to. Maybe?
Dolby Atmos is mixed for a 3D space. So to listen to it you should have speakers in the ceiling too. A 5.1.2 setup or solve it by having speakers bounce the audio off the ceiling.

A Bluray player is needed to play the disc. A regular surround system would give you a regular surround experience.

(I am no expert on Atmos though...)
User avatar
In the Suds
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 5858
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:29 am

Re: KISS pre-order 45th Anniversary Destroyer boxset

Post by In the Suds »

Curveboy wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:15 am
In the Suds wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:52 pm And it's not like Whitesnake have ever really been a big radio band. How many song do they have that got a lot airplay? Maybe three.
I'd think any band would kill for a song like Here I Go Again, which even today is played on radio, in television shows and movies...
Plus they are out there still recording and touring.
So you agree with Grand Classic that Paul Stanley's problem is that he's not more like David Coverdale? Because that is the context here.
User avatar
Under The Rose
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 4701
Joined: Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:27 am

Re: KISS pre-order 45th Anniversary Destroyer boxset

Post by Under The Rose »

Spiritual_Chaos wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:44 am
SpaceaceRyan wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:16 am
Spiritual_Chaos wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:58 am
SpaceaceRyan wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:42 am Is a regular Dolby pro logic 5.1 stereo receiver with a regular CD player connected going to play the atmos cd like it was meant to be heard or do you need special atmos equipment?
It's a blu-ray disc. Not a CD.

And, Isn't "pro logic" an old early 2000s term for "fake surround" breaking a part a stereo signal into more channels? Like some GameCube games used...

Could be wrong...
I think you need a Dolby Pro Logic surround sound 5.1 receiver with a bluray player connected to listen to it like it was meant to be listened to. Maybe?
Dolby Atmos is mixed for a 3D space. So to listen to it you should have speakers in the ceiling too. A 5.1.2 setup or solve it by having speakers bounce the audio off the ceiling.

A Bluray player is needed to play the disc. A regular surround system would give you a regular surround experience.

(I am no expert on Atmos though...)
You don’t need Atmos to listen to the Blu Ray disc. There are various different formats on the disc:

*Dolby Atmos 48kHz 24-bit, *Dolby True HD 5.1 96kHz 24-bit,
DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 96kHz 24-bit, PCM Stereo 96kHz 24-bit

I don’t have Atmos but I do have Dolby True HD 5.1….so will listen to it that way. But you can also chose a high res stereo mix if you only have a stereo set up.
Tbond
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Posts: 360
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:09 pm

Re: KISS pre-order 45th Anniversary Destroyer boxset

Post by Tbond »

Spiritual_Chaos wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:40 am
Chaim Wigz wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:57 am There should have been a vinyl box set, and I would have thrown my money at this. A CD only box set? In 2021?? What a head scratcher.
Yes.
Same.
User avatar
misterhand80
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!
Posts: 859
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:59 pm

Re: KISS pre-order 45th Anniversary Destroyer boxset

Post by misterhand80 »

RisingForce wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:27 am This is a good looking package and certainly worth picking up. Just trying to figure out why I'm not able to get that code to pop up that others have mentioned before purchasing.
Put the items in your cart. When you checkout, there is a spot to enter the code. That should work for 10% off.
User avatar
Grand Classic
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 7009
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:56 pm

Re: KISS pre-order 45th Anniversary Destroyer boxset

Post by Grand Classic »

In the Suds wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:23 am
Curveboy wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:15 am
In the Suds wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:52 pm And it's not like Whitesnake have ever really been a big radio band. How many song do they have that got a lot airplay? Maybe three.
I'd think any band would kill for a song like Here I Go Again, which even today is played on radio, in television shows and movies...
Plus they are out there still recording and touring.
So you agree with Grand Classic that Paul Stanley's problem is that he's not more like David Coverdale? Because that is the context here.
Yes, because Paul Stanley's vocals haven't been a divisive acquired taste for the general public at all vs. more traditional singers given KISS' lack of actual hits over so many albums.

I also mentioned Paul Rodgers, Lou Gramm, Steve Perry, Sammy Hagar and Steven Tyler - who have had REAL hits just like Coverdale.

What the fuck is wrong with you?
User avatar
Spiritual_Chaos
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 4633
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:06 am

Re: KISS pre-order 45th Anniversary Destroyer boxset

Post by Spiritual_Chaos »

I don't know what you are debating. But Eddie Vedder has vocals that has been imitated by many, but never duplicated -- and that has led to several actual radio hits.

And had vinyl included in his band's special edition boxset for their album TEN (picture on page 6).
User avatar
In the Suds
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 5858
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:29 am

Re: KISS pre-order 45th Anniversary Destroyer boxset

Post by In the Suds »

Grand Classic wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:44 am
In the Suds wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:23 am
Curveboy wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:15 am
In the Suds wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:52 pm And it's not like Whitesnake have ever really been a big radio band. How many song do they have that got a lot airplay? Maybe three.
I'd think any band would kill for a song like Here I Go Again, which even today is played on radio, in television shows and movies...
Plus they are out there still recording and touring.
So you agree with Grand Classic that Paul Stanley's problem is that he's not more like David Coverdale? Because that is the context here.
Yes, because Paul Stanley's vocals haven't been a divisive acquired taste for the general public at all vs. more traditional singers given KISS' lack of actual hits over so many albums.

I also mentioned Paul Rodgers, Lou Gramm, Steve Perry, Sammy Hagar and Steven Tyler - who have had REAL hits just like Coverdale.

What the fuck is wrong with you?
Meaningless babble :lol:

And what the fuck is wrong with me? I don't know but I'm not the one spamming people with unwanted PM's.
User avatar
Grand Classic
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 7009
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:56 pm

Re: KISS pre-order 45th Anniversary Destroyer boxset

Post by Grand Classic »

Chaim Wigz wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:04 am
Hi I'm Witz wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:43 am I think the boxset in terms of what's included is fantastic. I'm not sure what more they could squeeze into this package. It truly is the ultimate way to own the greatest album in KISS' catalogue (in my opinion).

I just wish instead of selling the vinyl separately they wouldve simply offered two versions of the boxset, one in vinyl and one in CD (or digital download) . The reason being is this really sucks for vinyl enthusiasts because it's needless price gouging. It forces us to make two separate purchases to get the benefits of the boxset and to listen in the format we want. Where as if they had just offered the boxset in two formats, it wouldve made everybody happy. For potential future releases I really hope they reconsider how these are offered.
Agreed. CDs cost pennies to produce nowadays, so for that price I think they could/should have included everything on vinyl too. The Led Zeppelin super deluxe editions are a good example of this. Then no need to produce two separate box sets, just chuck both formats into one and TAKE MY MONEY! 💵

Sadly, for the above reason I’ll be passing on this one.
I know that vinyl is popular with people these days, but I am sort of surprised that one wouldn't want to purchase this at all even though they are interested in it - because it is a CD format that can be ripped and played in many other formats.

I don't think the sound on the vinyl is going to be any better. This isn't like buying an LP in the 70's. It will just be the same digital files on vinyl if I am not mistaken. That's what I read anyway when I see reviews for all these colored vinyls - it doesn't really sound any different than the CD.
User avatar
Grand Classic
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 7009
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:56 pm

Re: KISS pre-order 45th Anniversary Destroyer boxset

Post by Grand Classic »

In the Suds wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:54 am
Grand Classic wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:44 am
In the Suds wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:23 am
Curveboy wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:15 am

I'd think any band would kill for a song like Here I Go Again, which even today is played on radio, in television shows and movies...
Plus they are out there still recording and touring.
So you agree with Grand Classic that Paul Stanley's problem is that he's not more like David Coverdale? Because that is the context here.
Yes, because Paul Stanley's vocals haven't been a divisive acquired taste for the general public at all vs. more traditional singers given KISS' lack of actual hits over so many albums.

I also mentioned Paul Rodgers, Lou Gramm, Steve Perry, Sammy Hagar and Steven Tyler - who have had REAL hits just like Coverdale.

What the fuck is wrong with you?
Meaningless babble :lol:

And what the fuck is wrong with me? I don't know but I'm not the one spamming people with unwanted PM's.
That is what PM's are for and Julien has said the same thing. To keep that shit off the boards. Stop acting like PM's are some fucking sacred thing like I am knocking on the front door of your private home. So overdramatic.
BarkBlue
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet
Posts: 113
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:23 am

Re: KISS pre-order 45th Anniversary Destroyer boxset

Post by BarkBlue »

Grand Classic wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:44 am
In the Suds wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:23 am
Curveboy wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:15 am
In the Suds wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:52 pm And it's not like Whitesnake have ever really been a big radio band. How many song do they have that got a lot airplay? Maybe three.
I'd think any band would kill for a song like Here I Go Again, which even today is played on radio, in television shows and movies...
Plus they are out there still recording and touring.
So you agree with Grand Classic that Paul Stanley's problem is that he's not more like David Coverdale? Because that is the context here.
Yes, because Paul Stanley's vocals haven't been a divisive acquired taste for the general public at all vs. more traditional singers given KISS' lack of actual hits over so many albums.

I also mentioned Paul Rodgers, Lou Gramm, Steve Perry, Sammy Hagar and Steven Tyler - who have had REAL hits just like Coverdale.

What the fuck is wrong with you?
I don't really want to get involved in this (he says typing anyway - lol!) but since when did the general public have good taste in music?

Most of the great music in my collection isn't known by the masses because they buy what they're fed. They were fed Whitesnake and Def Leppard in 1987 (I'm a fan of both from prior to then and after) and Pearl Jam etc in the early 90s via MTV and they bought that music because of it.

Aerosmith couldn't buy a hit until Run DMC saved their asses (I'm an Aerosmith fan as well) by getting them air-time on MTV, then Aerosmith did what KISS did (and Whitesnake) and chased the trend. The difference was that they could get people at MTV to buy into it and that subsequently fed the masses, KISS didn't.
User avatar
In the Suds
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 5858
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:29 am

Re: KISS pre-order 45th Anniversary Destroyer boxset

Post by In the Suds »

Grand Classic wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:02 am
In the Suds wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:54 am
Grand Classic wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:44 am
In the Suds wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:23 am

So you agree with Grand Classic that Paul Stanley's problem is that he's not more like David Coverdale? Because that is the context here.
Yes, because Paul Stanley's vocals haven't been a divisive acquired taste for the general public at all vs. more traditional singers given KISS' lack of actual hits over so many albums.

I also mentioned Paul Rodgers, Lou Gramm, Steve Perry, Sammy Hagar and Steven Tyler - who have had REAL hits just like Coverdale.

What the fuck is wrong with you?
Meaningless babble :lol:

And what the fuck is wrong with me? I don't know but I'm not the one spamming people with unwanted PM's.
That is what PM's are for and Julien has said the same thing. To keep that shit off the boards. Stop acting like PM's are some fucking sacred thing like I am knocking on the front door of your private home. So overdramatic.
I didn't say anything about sacred things and private homes. Stop strawmanning.


However, I did ask you not to PM me and you continue to do it. And I'm obviously not the only one:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=143912&p=3344351#p3344160
User avatar
Grand Classic
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 7009
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:56 pm

Re: KISS pre-order 45th Anniversary Destroyer boxset

Post by Grand Classic »

BarkBlue wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:05 am
Grand Classic wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:44 am
In the Suds wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:23 am
Curveboy wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:15 am

I'd think any band would kill for a song like Here I Go Again, which even today is played on radio, in television shows and movies...
Plus they are out there still recording and touring.
So you agree with Grand Classic that Paul Stanley's problem is that he's not more like David Coverdale? Because that is the context here.
Yes, because Paul Stanley's vocals haven't been a divisive acquired taste for the general public at all vs. more traditional singers given KISS' lack of actual hits over so many albums.

I also mentioned Paul Rodgers, Lou Gramm, Steve Perry, Sammy Hagar and Steven Tyler - who have had REAL hits just like Coverdale.

What the fuck is wrong with you?
I don't really want to get involved in this (he says typing anyway - lol!) but since when did the general public have good taste in music?

Most of the great music in my collection isn't known by the masses because they buy what they're fed. They were fed Whitesnake and Def Leppard in 1987 (I'm a fan of both from prior to then and after) and Pearl Jam etc in the early 90s via MTV and they bought that music because of it.

Aerosmith couldn't buy a hit until Run DMC saved their asses (I'm an Aerosmith fan as well) by getting them air-time on MTV, then Aerosmith did what KISS did (and Whitesnake) and chased the trend. The difference was that they could get people at MTV to buy into it and that subsequently fed the masses, KISS didn't.
KISS had their stuff pushed on MTV too and videos were played. The general public didn't care for the most part about KISS.

Also albums like Permanent Vacation and Whitesnake 1987 were legitimately far more better albums than Crazy Nights at the same time. Other bands were just making better albums.
User avatar
Grand Classic
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 7009
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:56 pm

Re: KISS pre-order 45th Anniversary Destroyer boxset

Post by Grand Classic »

In the Suds wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:06 am
Grand Classic wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:02 am
In the Suds wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:54 am
Grand Classic wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:44 am

Yes, because Paul Stanley's vocals haven't been a divisive acquired taste for the general public at all vs. more traditional singers given KISS' lack of actual hits over so many albums.

I also mentioned Paul Rodgers, Lou Gramm, Steve Perry, Sammy Hagar and Steven Tyler - who have had REAL hits just like Coverdale.

What the fuck is wrong with you?
Meaningless babble :lol:

And what the fuck is wrong with me? I don't know but I'm not the one spamming people with unwanted PM's.
That is what PM's are for and Julien has said the same thing. To keep that shit off the boards. Stop acting like PM's are some fucking sacred thing like I am knocking on the front door of your private home. So overdramatic.
I didn't say anything about sacred things and private homes. Stop strawmanning.


However, I did ask you not to PM me and you continue to do it. And I'm obviously not the only one:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=143912&p=3344351#p3344160
That was our first interaction via PM. I took a discussion to PM because it was fucking up this thread like you are helping to do now and that is what Julien wants people to do. Can you stop talking now?
User avatar
BC Witch
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 2649
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:10 am

Re: KISS pre-order 45th Anniversary Destroyer boxset

Post by BC Witch »

steveh67 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:59 am
Mad Dog wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:24 am
In the Suds wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:57 pm
Grand Classic wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:55 pm

Coverdale sang like that in Whitesnake too and had massive success. Not sure of your point here. It's his singing style from Purple to more modern times.

Those two albums just weren't really rock albums, so they didn't have as much commercial appeal. The point is that Paul wishes he was able to do that with his voice.
Whitesnake have one huge album and outside of that they are a minor league band and always have been.

Why can't you be objective about the things you love? I hear it's easy. :P
They had 11 albums in the UK top 10 and 6 singles reached the top 20.
Remember US citizens can tend to be very insular....
There's a lot of that unfortunately. People from the USA who think KISS were massive all over the world in the 70s and nothing in the 80s when it was the other way around for moat territories, especially the UK.

And yeah, Whitesnake had many hit albums before the one that was big in America. Much better ones too...
User avatar
In the Suds
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 5858
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:29 am

Re: KISS pre-order 45th Anniversary Destroyer boxset

Post by In the Suds »

Grand Classic wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:12 am
In the Suds wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:06 am
Grand Classic wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:02 am
In the Suds wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:54 am

Meaningless babble :lol:

And what the fuck is wrong with me? I don't know but I'm not the one spamming people with unwanted PM's.
That is what PM's are for and Julien has said the same thing. To keep that shit off the boards. Stop acting like PM's are some fucking sacred thing like I am knocking on the front door of your private home. So overdramatic.
I didn't say anything about sacred things and private homes. Stop strawmanning.


However, I did ask you not to PM me and you continue to do it. And I'm obviously not the only one:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=143912&p=3344351#p3344160
That was our first interaction via PM. I took a discussion to PM because it was fucking up this thread like you are helping to do now and that is what Julien wants people to do. Can you stop talking now?
No it wasn't.

btw, why is that you always go to name-calling, insults and attacks?

Grand Classic wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:19 am

No, jackass - I was taking a discussion to PM that was pissing off people in a thread about the Destroyer deluxe edition - hence the title "Not The Thread For It".

That is what PM's are for among things - to take thread jacking back and forths to PM or didn't you know that.

You didn't even post this response in the right thread for fuck sake.
Grand Classic wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:22 am
Well that is pretty pathetic that I have that much of an impact on your life, but enjoy this thread while you wait.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=139232
Grand Classic wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:44 am

Yes, because Paul Stanley's vocals haven't been a divisive acquired taste for the general public at all vs. more traditional singers given KISS' lack of actual hits over so many albums.

I also mentioned Paul Rodgers, Lou Gramm, Steve Perry, Sammy Hagar and Steven Tyler - who have had REAL hits just like Coverdale.

What the fuck is wrong with you?


"pathetic" ''jackass'' "what the fuck is wrong with you"

This is just a sampling from the threads you're active in today. All within the last hour!
User avatar
In the Suds
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 5858
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:29 am

Re: KISS pre-order 45th Anniversary Destroyer boxset

Post by In the Suds »

BC Witch wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:15 am
steveh67 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:59 am
Mad Dog wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:24 am
In the Suds wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:57 pm

Whitesnake have one huge album and outside of that they are a minor league band and always have been.

Why can't you be objective about the things you love? I hear it's easy. :P
They had 11 albums in the UK top 10 and 6 singles reached the top 20.
Remember US citizens can tend to be very insular....
There's a lot of that unfortunately. People from the USA who think KISS were massive all over the world in the 70s and nothing in the 80s when it was the other way around for moat territories, especially the UK.

And yeah, Whitesnake had many hit albums before the one that was big in America. Much better ones too...
Charting albums ≠ big hits. Come on
User avatar
Hi I'm Witz
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 8734
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:04 pm
Location: Chattanooga, TN

Re: KISS pre-order 45th Anniversary Destroyer boxset

Post by Hi I'm Witz »

BC Witch wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:15 am
steveh67 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:59 am
Mad Dog wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:24 am
In the Suds wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:57 pm

Whitesnake have one huge album and outside of that they are a minor league band and always have been.

Why can't you be objective about the things you love? I hear it's easy. :P
They had 11 albums in the UK top 10 and 6 singles reached the top 20.
Remember US citizens can tend to be very insular....
There's a lot of that unfortunately. People from the USA who think KISS were massive all over the world in the 70s and nothing in the 80s when it was the other way around for moat territories, especially the UK.

And yeah, Whitesnake had many hit albums before the one that was big in America. Much better ones too...
MMMMmmm, I don't know about that man. Whitesnake 1987 is pretty fucking great.
StillAlive
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!
Posts: 581
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:46 am

Re: KISS pre-order 45th Anniversary Destroyer boxset

Post by StillAlive »

Come on mods.
Grand Classic is out of control (yet again).
Are you going to let him *ruin* every topic?