KISS pre-order 45th Anniversary Destroyer boxset

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
User avatar
CStomp1
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 3541
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:57 pm
Location: USA, Rockin' in the

Re: KISS pre-order 45th Anniversary Destroyer boxset

Post by CStomp1 »

Grand Classic wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:13 pm
CStomp1 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:51 am
Grand Classic wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:54 am
CStomp1 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:36 am

I've been waiting for you to make this point about Paul's vocals again. Where did you come up with this theory? How would you explain the likes of vocalists like Axl Rose and Ozzy having a ton of mainstream appeal while barely being able to carry a tune? Paul in his prime buries them vocally. His songs are in heavy rotation these days on Sirius, so it's not like radio is running away from Paul Stanley sung tunes.

You're the absolute only person I've heard float this theory. Who else out there with credibility has stated this?
Axl and Ozzy are even more appealing to people vocally than Paul Stanley and they are just viewed as being better generally speaking than KISS. Same reason with Brian Johnson and his balls in a vice vocals and yet AC/DC is a far bigger band than KISS.

Paul's New York Preacher vocal style has always been divisive. It's not a radio friendly vocal style even when compared to singers who can't traditionally sing well like a David Lee Roth. They still have character in their voice that is appealing which Paul lacks - hence the endless comments on here about how Paul songs would be huge hits if other singers with more general public appealing vocals sang them.

I am talking radio back in the day. KISS fans have been complaining for decades that radio hardly every played them and that someone like Paul Stanley is just not appealing to people on the radio like a Lou Gramm or Steve Perry of the time.
I disagree.
I am devastated by this. You are wrong.

This has been endlessly spoken about on this board and the facts speak for themselves regarding public awareness of KISS songs vs. Guns N' Roses, AC/DC, VH and tons of other bands that got far more radio play and that people find far more appealing than KISS.

You are lying if you claim that you are never read anyone say here that such and such Paul song would be a huge hit if it was some other band more appealing to the public including a female fan base - this has been a constant comment to make excuses for why KISS are not more popular. I have seen many KISS fans here say that their wife/girlfriend doesn't like Paul's vocals. He is lispy, etc.

Chicks don't dig Rush. Even Rush acknowledged that. Rush is a nerd band and I mean that in the nicest way. Geddy is a terrible example, but even still - we are talking about Rush vs. KISS here.

But again, we are on a KISS forum where reality often doesn't exist.
Back in the day KISS was largely panned by the music press. I don't recall a single review that specifically knocked Paul's vocals.

Maybe Craig Gass' imitation of Paul speaking is lispy, but I can't think of a song where this is apparent.

This is a GC theory. Maybe it's been discussed here, but I don't remember except when you bring it up. I'm not saying no one would agree with you that Paul's vocals somehow held KISS back, but this idea that Paul's vocals are "divisive" is absolutely laughable. Divisive brings about feelings of hostility. Why were Paul songs in heavy rotation on MTV in the 80s? There had to have been a demand for it. You totally glossed over that point.

Paul Stanley vocals = divisive. Axl Rose vocals = not divisive. Doesn't make sense.
MrPaulStanley
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!
Posts: 959
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:55 pm

Re: KISS pre-order 45th Anniversary Destroyer boxset

Post by MrPaulStanley »

Didn't someone mention earlier something about bringing garbage into a positive thread? (Page 5, I think).

Seems like someone else decided to derail it completely and shit all over it.

Nothing new about that though, is there?
User avatar
Grand Classic
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 7149
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:56 pm

Re: KISS pre-order 45th Anniversary Destroyer boxset

Post by Grand Classic »

CStomp1 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:50 pm
Grand Classic wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:13 pm
CStomp1 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:51 am
Grand Classic wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:54 am

Axl and Ozzy are even more appealing to people vocally than Paul Stanley and they are just viewed as being better generally speaking than KISS. Same reason with Brian Johnson and his balls in a vice vocals and yet AC/DC is a far bigger band than KISS.

Paul's New York Preacher vocal style has always been divisive. It's not a radio friendly vocal style even when compared to singers who can't traditionally sing well like a David Lee Roth. They still have character in their voice that is appealing which Paul lacks - hence the endless comments on here about how Paul songs would be huge hits if other singers with more general public appealing vocals sang them.

I am talking radio back in the day. KISS fans have been complaining for decades that radio hardly every played them and that someone like Paul Stanley is just not appealing to people on the radio like a Lou Gramm or Steve Perry of the time.
I disagree.
I am devastated by this. You are wrong.

This has been endlessly spoken about on this board and the facts speak for themselves regarding public awareness of KISS songs vs. Guns N' Roses, AC/DC, VH and tons of other bands that got far more radio play and that people find far more appealing than KISS.

You are lying if you claim that you are never read anyone say here that such and such Paul song would be a huge hit if it was some other band more appealing to the public including a female fan base - this has been a constant comment to make excuses for why KISS are not more popular. I have seen many KISS fans here say that their wife/girlfriend doesn't like Paul's vocals. He is lispy, etc.

Chicks don't dig Rush. Even Rush acknowledged that. Rush is a nerd band and I mean that in the nicest way. Geddy is a terrible example, but even still - we are talking about Rush vs. KISS here.

But again, we are on a KISS forum where reality often doesn't exist.
Back in the day KISS was largely panned by the music press. I don't recall a single review that specifically knocked Paul's vocals.

Maybe Craig Gass' imitation of Paul speaking is lispy, but I can't think of a song where this is apparent.

This is a GC theory. Maybe it's been discussed here, but I don't remember except when you bring it up. I'm not saying no one would agree with you that Paul's vocals somehow held KISS back, but this idea that Paul's vocals are "divisive" is absolutely laughable. Divisive brings about feelings of hostility. Why were Paul songs in heavy rotation on MTV in the 80s? There had to have been a demand for it. You totally glossed over that point.

Paul Stanley vocals = divisive. Axl Rose vocals = not divisive. Doesn't make sense.
I am not saying that Axl Rose's vocals or Brian Johnson's vocals are not divisive - but far less than KISS obviously when you consider that KISS never had an Appetite For Destruction album that became part of the general public zeitgeist or Back In Black. It's almost like you were given those albums when you moved into your new home or apartment.

You know this.

Yes. Paul's vocals held KISS back. If you keep every single factor the same - his songwriting among other things - but give him clean vocals like a Paul Rodgers or Lou Gramm or even Steven Tyler, Sammy Hagar or Jon Bon Jovi for the matter, KISS is absolutely a more successful band musically with the Paul singles they released. It is just a fact.
Tbond
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Posts: 362
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:09 pm

Re: KISS pre-order 45th Anniversary Destroyer boxset

Post by Tbond »

CStomp1 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:50 pm
Grand Classic wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:13 pm
CStomp1 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:51 am
Grand Classic wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:54 am

Axl and Ozzy are even more appealing to people vocally than Paul Stanley and they are just viewed as being better generally speaking than KISS. Same reason with Brian Johnson and his balls in a vice vocals and yet AC/DC is a far bigger band than KISS.

Paul's New York Preacher vocal style has always been divisive. It's not a radio friendly vocal style even when compared to singers who can't traditionally sing well like a David Lee Roth. They still have character in their voice that is appealing which Paul lacks - hence the endless comments on here about how Paul songs would be huge hits if other singers with more general public appealing vocals sang them.

I am talking radio back in the day. KISS fans have been complaining for decades that radio hardly every played them and that someone like Paul Stanley is just not appealing to people on the radio like a Lou Gramm or Steve Perry of the time.
I disagree.
I am devastated by this. You are wrong.

This has been endlessly spoken about on this board and the facts speak for themselves regarding public awareness of KISS songs vs. Guns N' Roses, AC/DC, VH and tons of other bands that got far more radio play and that people find far more appealing than KISS.

You are lying if you claim that you are never read anyone say here that such and such Paul song would be a huge hit if it was some other band more appealing to the public including a female fan base - this has been a constant comment to make excuses for why KISS are not more popular. I have seen many KISS fans here say that their wife/girlfriend doesn't like Paul's vocals. He is lispy, etc.

Chicks don't dig Rush. Even Rush acknowledged that. Rush is a nerd band and I mean that in the nicest way. Geddy is a terrible example, but even still - we are talking about Rush vs. KISS here.

But again, we are on a KISS forum where reality often doesn't exist.
Back in the day KISS was largely panned by the music press. I don't recall a single review that specifically knocked Paul's vocals.

Maybe Craig Gass' imitation of Paul speaking is lispy, but I can't think of a song where this is apparent.

This is a GC theory. Maybe it's been discussed here, but I don't remember except when you bring it up. I'm not saying no one would agree with you that Paul's vocals somehow held KISS back, but this idea that Paul's vocals are "divisive" is absolutely laughable. Divisive brings about feelings of hostility. Why were Paul songs in heavy rotation on MTV in the 80s? There had to have been a demand for it. You totally glossed over that point.

Paul Stanley vocals = divisive. Axl Rose vocals = not divisive. Doesn't make sense.
Agreed, it's about the song, and, to a certain degree, radio's lockstep bias against Kiss from the get go.

Not about Stanley's voice in the least - - if it were, IMWFLY wouldn't have been a hit, nor Forever.
Tbond
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Posts: 362
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:09 pm

Re: KISS pre-order 45th Anniversary Destroyer boxset

Post by Tbond »

Grand Classic wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:03 pm
CStomp1 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:50 pm
Grand Classic wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:13 pm
CStomp1 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:51 am

I disagree.
I am devastated by this. You are wrong.

This has been endlessly spoken about on this board and the facts speak for themselves regarding public awareness of KISS songs vs. Guns N' Roses, AC/DC, VH and tons of other bands that got far more radio play and that people find far more appealing than KISS.

You are lying if you claim that you are never read anyone say here that such and such Paul song would be a huge hit if it was some other band more appealing to the public including a female fan base - this has been a constant comment to make excuses for why KISS are not more popular. I have seen many KISS fans here say that their wife/girlfriend doesn't like Paul's vocals. He is lispy, etc.

Chicks don't dig Rush. Even Rush acknowledged that. Rush is a nerd band and I mean that in the nicest way. Geddy is a terrible example, but even still - we are talking about Rush vs. KISS here.

But again, we are on a KISS forum where reality often doesn't exist.
Back in the day KISS was largely panned by the music press. I don't recall a single review that specifically knocked Paul's vocals.

Maybe Craig Gass' imitation of Paul speaking is lispy, but I can't think of a song where this is apparent.

This is a GC theory. Maybe it's been discussed here, but I don't remember except when you bring it up. I'm not saying no one would agree with you that Paul's vocals somehow held KISS back, but this idea that Paul's vocals are "divisive" is absolutely laughable. Divisive brings about feelings of hostility. Why were Paul songs in heavy rotation on MTV in the 80s? There had to have been a demand for it. You totally glossed over that point.

Paul Stanley vocals = divisive. Axl Rose vocals = not divisive. Doesn't make sense.
I am not saying that Axl Rose's vocals or Brian Johnson's vocals are not divisive - but far less than KISS obviously when you consider that KISS never had an Appetite For Destruction album that became part of the general public zeitgeist or Back In Black. It's almost like you were given those albums when you moved into your new home or apartment.

You know this.

Yes. Paul's vocals held KISS back. If you keep every single factor the same - his songwriting among other things - but give him clean vocals like a Paul Rodgers or Lou Gramm or even Steven Tyler, Sammy Hagar or Jon Bon Jovi for the matter, KISS is absolutely a more successful band musically with the Paul singles they released. It is just a fact.
Conjecture isn't a fact.

The preceeding is a FACT.
User avatar
kiss-1976
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!
Posts: 898
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:30 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: KISS pre-order 45th Anniversary Destroyer boxset

Post by kiss-1976 »

Physical product all the way for me. Streaming be damned. I want to OWN what I pay for. Then it's my decision to rip files. This set is exactly how I hope any future sets follow. You have the deluxe plus the option to buy the vinyl separately so that you can relieve the nostalgia of opening the album, smelling the vinyl and reading the linar notes without wearing glasses. The majority of the target buyers of this would be us fans who grew up loving the original anyway and not today's streaming generation although that can always be done as well....
User avatar
Grand Classic
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 7149
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:56 pm

Re: KISS pre-order 45th Anniversary Destroyer boxset

Post by Grand Classic »

Tbond wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:48 pm

Conjecture isn't a fact.

The preceeding is a FACT.
It is not conjecture in any sense of the word. We have 50 years of facts to come to that reality when it comes to KISS vs. other bands and the general public.
Tbond
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Posts: 362
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:09 pm

Re: KISS pre-order 45th Anniversary Destroyer boxset

Post by Tbond »

Grand Classic wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:01 pm
Tbond wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:48 pm

Conjecture isn't a fact.

The preceeding is a FACT.
It is not conjecture in any sense of the word. We have 50 years of facts to come to that reality when it comes to KISS vs. other bands and the general public.
And your response is conjecture as well - - i.e.NOT a fact.

Again.
User avatar
Grand Classic
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 7149
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:56 pm

Re: KISS pre-order 45th Anniversary Destroyer boxset

Post by Grand Classic »

Tbond wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:07 pm
Grand Classic wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:01 pm
Tbond wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:48 pm

Conjecture isn't a fact.

The preceeding is a FACT.
It is not conjecture in any sense of the word. We have 50 years of facts to come to that reality when it comes to KISS vs. other bands and the general public.
And your response is conjecture as well - - i.e.NOT a fact.

Again.
You can live in a fantasy land as much as you want to. Don't let me stop you. I can be realistic and objective about KISS given their actual history and lack of MUSICAL success vs their contemporaries.
User avatar
MikeyB
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!
Posts: 2349
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:00 am
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: KISS pre-order 45th Anniversary Destroyer boxset

Post by MikeyB »

Grand Classic wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:13 pm
Tbond wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:07 pm
Grand Classic wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:01 pm
Tbond wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:48 pm

Conjecture isn't a fact.

The preceeding is a FACT.
It is not conjecture in any sense of the word. We have 50 years of facts to come to that reality when it comes to KISS vs. other bands and the general public.
And your response is conjecture as well - - i.e.NOT a fact.

Again.
You can live in a fantasy land as much as you want to. Don't let me stop you. I can be realistic and objective about KISS given their actual history and lack of MUSICAL success vs their contemporaries.
Why don't you two just admit that you're in love with each other? :lol:
Tbond
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Posts: 362
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:09 pm

Re: KISS pre-order 45th Anniversary Destroyer boxset

Post by Tbond »

Grand Classic wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:13 pm
Tbond wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:07 pm
Grand Classic wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:01 pm
Tbond wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:48 pm

Conjecture isn't a fact.

The preceeding is a FACT.
It is not conjecture in any sense of the word. We have 50 years of facts to come to that reality when it comes to KISS vs. other bands and the general public.
And your response is conjecture as well - - i.e.NOT a fact.

Again.
You can live in a fantasy land as much as you want to. Don't let me stop you. I can be realistic and objective about KISS given their actual history and lack of MUSICAL success vs their contemporaries.
Your opinions as to the why's and why nots of this or that in the music biz are about as non objective and non-data driven at it gets.

Continue your own fantasy that your opinions are facts.
User avatar
Sssnakester
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 4810
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006 4:25 pm
Location: BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!

Re: KISS pre-order 45th Anniversary Destroyer boxset

Post by Sssnakester »

I am now convinced that some KISS fans enjoy bitching about a new release way more than actually appreciating and enjoying a new release.
User avatar
Grand Classic
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 7149
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:56 pm

Re: KISS pre-order 45th Anniversary Destroyer boxset

Post by Grand Classic »

So about that impressive Destroyer box set that is coming....

It is kind of unfortunate that Bob Ezrin wasn't involved with this or even asked to be involved, because I suspect the same will happen for any other deluxe editions that are released. I mean it would be good to have Michael James Jackson involved with a Creatures set for example.

I am not saying it will take away from the sets and again I am really looking forward to this, but it would be nice that the original producers were able to oversee things, maybe contribute stuff that they have in their archives and give their thumbs up to it all as opposed to not even being contacted about it.
User avatar
In the Suds
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 5874
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:29 am

Re: KISS pre-order 45th Anniversary Destroyer boxset

Post by In the Suds »

Grand Classic wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:35 am
Yep. Stanley would have killed to have Coverdale's singing voice instead of his New York preacher vocals which isn't at all appealing to radio or the general public for the most part. Hence the notion that if any Paul song was done by another band like Bon Jovi or Aerosmith - it would be a huge hit.

Paul wishes his vocals were this soulful, which Coverdale has shown in spades from Purple to Whitesnake.

How much did that super soulful solo album sell?
User avatar
Grand Classic
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 7149
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:56 pm

Re: KISS pre-order 45th Anniversary Destroyer boxset

Post by Grand Classic »

In the Suds wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:46 pm
Grand Classic wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:35 am
Yep. Stanley would have killed to have Coverdale's singing voice instead of his New York preacher vocals which isn't at all appealing to radio or the general public for the most part. Hence the notion that if any Paul song was done by another band like Bon Jovi or Aerosmith - it would be a huge hit.

Paul wishes his vocals were this soulful, which Coverdale has shown in spades from Purple to Whitesnake.

How much did that super soulful solo album sell?
His initial solo albums sold dick until he started Whitesnake. All of a sudden you care about album sales when it comes to the practically zero album sales for some of the stuff you listen to? :lol:
User avatar
In the Suds
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 5874
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:29 am

Re: KISS pre-order 45th Anniversary Destroyer boxset

Post by In the Suds »

Grand Classic wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:49 pm
In the Suds wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:46 pm
Grand Classic wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:35 am
Yep. Stanley would have killed to have Coverdale's singing voice instead of his New York preacher vocals which isn't at all appealing to radio or the general public for the most part. Hence the notion that if any Paul song was done by another band like Bon Jovi or Aerosmith - it would be a huge hit.

Paul wishes his vocals were this soulful, which Coverdale has shown in spades from Purple to Whitesnake.

How much did that super soulful solo album sell?
His initial solo albums sold dick until he started Whitesnake. All of a sudden you care about album sales when it comes to the practically zero album sales for some of the stuff you listen to? :lol:
I didn't say I care about sales. You said if Paul could sing like that he'd have had bigger hits. But David Coverdale sang like that and flopped.
User avatar
In the Suds
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 5874
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:29 am

Re: KISS pre-order 45th Anniversary Destroyer boxset

Post by In the Suds »

And it's not like Whitesnake have ever really been a big radio band. How many song do they have that got a lot airplay? Maybe three.
User avatar
Grand Classic
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 7149
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:56 pm

Re: KISS pre-order 45th Anniversary Destroyer boxset

Post by Grand Classic »

In the Suds wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:51 pm
Grand Classic wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:49 pm
In the Suds wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:46 pm
Grand Classic wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:35 am
Yep. Stanley would have killed to have Coverdale's singing voice instead of his New York preacher vocals which isn't at all appealing to radio or the general public for the most part. Hence the notion that if any Paul song was done by another band like Bon Jovi or Aerosmith - it would be a huge hit.

Paul wishes his vocals were this soulful, which Coverdale has shown in spades from Purple to Whitesnake.

How much did that super soulful solo album sell?
His initial solo albums sold dick until he started Whitesnake. All of a sudden you care about album sales when it comes to the practically zero album sales for some of the stuff you listen to? :lol:
I didn't say I care about sales. You said if Paul could sing like that he'd have had bigger hits. But David Coverdale sang like that and flopped.
Coverdale sang like that in Whitesnake too and had massive success. Not sure of your point here. It's his singing style from Purple to more modern times.

Those two albums just weren't really rock albums, so they didn't have as much commercial appeal. The point is that Paul wishes he was able to do that with his voice.
User avatar
In the Suds
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 5874
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:29 am

Re: KISS pre-order 45th Anniversary Destroyer boxset

Post by In the Suds »

Grand Classic wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:55 pm
In the Suds wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:51 pm
Grand Classic wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:49 pm
In the Suds wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:46 pm

How much did that super soulful solo album sell?
His initial solo albums sold dick until he started Whitesnake. All of a sudden you care about album sales when it comes to the practically zero album sales for some of the stuff you listen to? :lol:
I didn't say I care about sales. You said if Paul could sing like that he'd have had bigger hits. But David Coverdale sang like that and flopped.
Coverdale sang like that in Whitesnake too and had massive success. Not sure of your point here. It's his singing style from Purple to more modern times.

Those two albums just weren't really rock albums, so they didn't have as much commercial appeal. The point is that Paul wishes he was able to do that with his voice.
Whitesnake have one huge album and outside of that they are a minor league band and always have been.

Why can't you be objective about the things you love? I hear it's easy. :P
User avatar
Grand Classic
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 7149
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:56 pm

Re: KISS pre-order 45th Anniversary Destroyer boxset

Post by Grand Classic »

In the Suds wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:57 pm
Grand Classic wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:55 pm
In the Suds wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:51 pm
Grand Classic wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:49 pm

His initial solo albums sold dick until he started Whitesnake. All of a sudden you care about album sales when it comes to the practically zero album sales for some of the stuff you listen to? :lol:
I didn't say I care about sales. You said if Paul could sing like that he'd have had bigger hits. But David Coverdale sang like that and flopped.
Coverdale sang like that in Whitesnake too and had massive success. Not sure of your point here. It's his singing style from Purple to more modern times.

Those two albums just weren't really rock albums, so they didn't have as much commercial appeal. The point is that Paul wishes he was able to do that with his voice.
Whitesnake have one huge album and outside of that they are a minor league band and always have been.

Why can't you be objective about the things you love? I hear it's easy. :P
I am totally objective about Whitesnake. I never said Whitesnake were bigger than KISS, but that wasn't the point anyway and I know you know that.

There are MANY bands that have better singers than Paul Stanley, but are not on their level because of what KISS is mostly known for - the makeup/show over the music.

Do you disagree that Paul's songs probably would have had greater success if they were sung by traditional rock singers or more commercially appealing singers? Like the often repeated - if Bon Jovi or Aerosmith did that song, it would be a big hit.
Last edited by Grand Classic on Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
StillAlive
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!
Posts: 618
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:46 am

Re: KISS pre-order 45th Anniversary Destroyer boxset

Post by StillAlive »

MrPaulStanley wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:58 pm Didn't someone mention earlier something about bringing garbage into a positive thread? (Page 5, I think).
Seems like someone else decided to derail it completely and shit all over it.
That's what he does.
Shits on everything with his obsessive hate and negativity,
Polluting every topic with DOZENS of off topic posts.
User avatar
In the Suds
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 5874
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:29 am

Re: KISS pre-order 45th Anniversary Destroyer boxset

Post by In the Suds »

Grand Classic wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:03 pm
In the Suds wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:57 pm
Grand Classic wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:55 pm
In the Suds wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:51 pm

I didn't say I care about sales. You said if Paul could sing like that he'd have had bigger hits. But David Coverdale sang like that and flopped.
Coverdale sang like that in Whitesnake too and had massive success. Not sure of your point here. It's his singing style from Purple to more modern times.

Those two albums just weren't really rock albums, so they didn't have as much commercial appeal. The point is that Paul wishes he was able to do that with his voice.
Whitesnake have one huge album and outside of that they are a minor league band and always have been.

Why can't you be objective about the things you love? I hear it's easy. :P
I am totally objective about Whitesnake. I never said Whitesnake were bigger than KISS, but that wasn't the point anyway and I know you know that.

There are MANY bands that have better singers than Paul Stanley, but are not on their level because of what KISS is mostly known for - the makeup/show over the music.
Well if Whitesnake aren't bigger than KISS then that really shoots your theory to shit. And I know you know that. That's why you edited. :lol:
Homer Simpson
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 7809
Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2006 5:18 pm
Location: Springfield

Re: KISS pre-order 45th Anniversary Destroyer boxset

Post by Homer Simpson »

StillAlive wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:07 pm
MrPaulStanley wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:58 pm Didn't someone mention earlier something about bringing garbage into a positive thread? (Page 5, I think).
Seems like someone else decided to derail it completely and shit all over it.
That's what he does.
Shits on everything with his obsessive hate and negativity,
Polluting every topic with DOZENS of off topic posts.
Exactly. In all the time I've been here, he's the only person I've ever put on my ignore list. Unfortunately, I can still he the garbage he posts when other people quote him.
User avatar
kiss-1976
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!
Posts: 898
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:30 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: KISS pre-order 45th Anniversary Destroyer boxset

Post by kiss-1976 »

Take the Whitesnake and comparison shit to another thread If you want to compare cock sizes and keep this thread on what it was originally started for. Sheesh... Get back on track to discuss THIS box....
User avatar
Grand Classic
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 7149
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:56 pm

Re: KISS pre-order 45th Anniversary Destroyer boxset

Post by Grand Classic »

In the Suds wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:08 pm
Grand Classic wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:03 pm
In the Suds wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:57 pm
Grand Classic wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:55 pm

Coverdale sang like that in Whitesnake too and had massive success. Not sure of your point here. It's his singing style from Purple to more modern times.

Those two albums just weren't really rock albums, so they didn't have as much commercial appeal. The point is that Paul wishes he was able to do that with his voice.
Whitesnake have one huge album and outside of that they are a minor league band and always have been.

Why can't you be objective about the things you love? I hear it's easy. :P
I am totally objective about Whitesnake. I never said Whitesnake were bigger than KISS, but that wasn't the point anyway and I know you know that.

There are MANY bands that have better singers than Paul Stanley, but are not on their level because of what KISS is mostly known for - the makeup/show over the music.
Well if Whitesnake aren't bigger than KISS then that really shoots your theory to shit. And I know you know that. That's why you edited. :lol:
I edited because I added to my point.

It has nothing to do with my theory, but nice try.

I never said it was a guarantee that any traditional singer is going to be bigger than KISS, but it can sure increase KISS' chances to actually have hits and sell albums with songs that everyone here says should have been MASSIVE HITS. Don't be fucking dumb. You are smarter than this.

It's not a coincidence that Desmond Child had massive hits with other rock bands, but much of his stuff with KISS were complete duds outside of I Was Made and Heaven's On Fire. They would have been hits if they were Bon Jovi songs.
User avatar
Chaim Wigz
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!
Posts: 2371
Joined: Thu May 02, 2013 1:35 pm

Re: KISS pre-order 45th Anniversary Destroyer boxset

Post by Chaim Wigz »

I’m with GC on Whitesnake. I’m sorry North America didn’t catch on til 1987, but they were freakin great for almost ten years before that. Ready an Willing, Lovehunter and Slide it In were albums that Stanley and Simmons could only dream of making in the 1980s.
User avatar
Grand Classic
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 7149
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:56 pm

Re: KISS pre-order 45th Anniversary Destroyer boxset

Post by Grand Classic »

kiss-1976 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:13 pm Take the Whitesnake and comparison shit to another thread If you want to compare cock sizes and keep this thread on what it was originally started for. Sheesh... Get back on track to discuss THIS box....
Sorry. I tried to take things back on track a few posts before, but In The Suds is doing his usual drive by posts that he likes to do with me.
User avatar
50poundnote
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member
Posts: 240
Joined: Mon May 12, 2014 10:54 pm
Location: San Francisco

Re: KISS pre-order 45th Anniversary Destroyer boxset

Post by 50poundnote »

Grand Classic wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:38 pmIt is kind of unfortunate that Bob Ezrin wasn't involved with this or even asked to be involved
I don't know what he could contribute that we haven't already heard? He had his chance with Resurrected, which was a huge wasted opportunity. He's interviewed extensively in the Shout It Out Loud book. He definitely pushed the band to the next level, but that can be discussed in the box set's book without asking him to repeat the same old anecdotes about wearing a whistle or Ace not showing up to a session. I actually appreciate the fact that we'll be getting to hear different voices - fan voices - tell the story of Destroyer. Bob's connection to Destroyer is crucial, but it's been over-explained through the years.

Conversely, an Alive!, Rock And Roll Over, or Love Gun set would absolutely lend itself to participation from Eddie Kramer. Those albums have been under-explained.
User avatar
In the Suds
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 5874
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:29 am

Re: KISS pre-order 45th Anniversary Destroyer boxset

Post by In the Suds »

Grand Classic wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:14 pm
In the Suds wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:08 pm
Grand Classic wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:03 pm
In the Suds wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:57 pm

Whitesnake have one huge album and outside of that they are a minor league band and always have been.

Why can't you be objective about the things you love? I hear it's easy. :P
I am totally objective about Whitesnake. I never said Whitesnake were bigger than KISS, but that wasn't the point anyway and I know you know that.

There are MANY bands that have better singers than Paul Stanley, but are not on their level because of what KISS is mostly known for - the makeup/show over the music.
Well if Whitesnake aren't bigger than KISS then that really shoots your theory to shit. And I know you know that. That's why you edited. :lol:
I edited because I added to my point.

It has nothing to do with my theory, but nice try.

I never said it was a guarantee that any traditional singer is going to be bigger than KISS, but it can sure increase KISS' chances to actually have hits and sell albums with songs that everyone here says should have been MASSIVE HITS. Don't be fucking dumb. You are smarter than this.

It's not a coincidence that Desmond Child had massive hits with other rock bands, but much of his stuff with KISS were complete duds outside of I Was Made and Heaven's On Fire. They would have been hits if they were Bon Jovi songs.
You are making absolutely no sense but I'm going to stop because kiss-1976 is right. This crap doesn't belong in this thread.


I will take your extreme agitation and descent into sputtering nonsense as a formal concession. Have a nice evening. :D
User avatar
50poundnote
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member
Posts: 240
Joined: Mon May 12, 2014 10:54 pm
Location: San Francisco

Re: KISS pre-order 45th Anniversary Destroyer boxset

Post by 50poundnote »

50poundnote wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:17 pmI don't know what he could contribute that we haven't already heard?
...and I say this as a fan of Ezrin's work. He was able to pull their "Beatles" album out of KISS.
User avatar
John Shaft
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1059
Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:10 am
Location: Cleveland, Ohio

Re: KISS pre-order 45th Anniversary Destroyer boxset

Post by John Shaft »

Leave it to the resident troll to derail yet another thread. Whitesnake has NOTHING to do with this discussion at all.

Maybe if people stop feeding him he'll go away.

Anyway, back to the Destroyer Boxed Set...
User avatar
Grand Classic
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 7149
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:56 pm

Re: KISS pre-order 45th Anniversary Destroyer boxset

Post by Grand Classic »

In the Suds wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:18 pm
Grand Classic wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:14 pm
In the Suds wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:08 pm
Grand Classic wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:03 pm

I am totally objective about Whitesnake. I never said Whitesnake were bigger than KISS, but that wasn't the point anyway and I know you know that.

There are MANY bands that have better singers than Paul Stanley, but are not on their level because of what KISS is mostly known for - the makeup/show over the music.
Well if Whitesnake aren't bigger than KISS then that really shoots your theory to shit. And I know you know that. That's why you edited. :lol:
I edited because I added to my point.

It has nothing to do with my theory, but nice try.

I never said it was a guarantee that any traditional singer is going to be bigger than KISS, but it can sure increase KISS' chances to actually have hits and sell albums with songs that everyone here says should have been MASSIVE HITS. Don't be fucking dumb. You are smarter than this.

It's not a coincidence that Desmond Child had massive hits with other rock bands, but much of his stuff with KISS were complete duds outside of I Was Made and Heaven's On Fire. They would have been hits if they were Bon Jovi songs.
You are making absolutely no sense but I'm going to stop because kiss-1976 is right. This crap doesn't belong in this thread.


I will take your extreme agitation and descent into sputtering nonsense as a formal concession. Have a nice evening. :D
It makes perfect sense, but you have shown to have some difficulty comprehending what you are reading from time to time, so here we go again.

Sorry to others for this back and forth.
User avatar
Grand Classic
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 7149
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:56 pm

Re: KISS pre-order 45th Anniversary Destroyer boxset

Post by Grand Classic »

50poundnote wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:17 pm
Grand Classic wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:38 pmIt is kind of unfortunate that Bob Ezrin wasn't involved with this or even asked to be involved
I don't know what he could contribute that we haven't already heard? He had his chance with Resurrected, which was a huge wasted opportunity. He's interviewed extensively in the Shout It Out Loud book. He definitely pushed the band to the next level, but that can be discussed in the box set's book without asking him to repeat the same old anecdotes about wearing a whistle or Ace not showing up to a session. I actually appreciate the fact that we'll be getting to hear different voices - fan voices - tell the story of Destroyer. Bob's connection to Destroyer is crucial, but it's been over-explained through the years.

Conversely, an Alive!, Rock And Roll Over, or Love Gun set would absolutely lend itself to participation from Eddie Kramer. Those albums have been under-explained.
It's a personal preference. I would like the original people to be involved with such new packages if possible. At least be asked anyway. Others may not care.

I was also speaking in the general sense about what ANY producer may have in their archives. Fans may want to hear that stuff, but it doesn't mean Universal wants to pay to have every nook and cranny restored, remastered and ready for such a package.
User avatar
wjs296
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!
Posts: 860
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:15 am

Re: KISS pre-order 45th Anniversary Destroyer boxset

Post by wjs296 »

Grand Classic wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:38 pm So about that impressive Destroyer box set that is coming....

It is kind of unfortunate that Bob Ezrin wasn't involved with this or even asked to be involved, because I suspect the same will happen for any other deluxe editions that are released. I mean it would be good to have Michael James Jackson involved with a Creatures set for example.

I am not saying it will take away from the sets and again I am really looking forward to this, but it would be nice that the original producers were able to oversee things, maybe contribute stuff that they have in their archives and give their thumbs up to it all as opposed to not even being contacted about it.

Great point! It would be interesting to have the original producers involved as you mention. Each of them had a vision for the album and this could create a unique chance to revisit their work with the band. I suspect the reason it wasn't done is the additional cost. They probably are very realistic about how many units they will sell.
User avatar
Grand Classic
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 7149
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:56 pm

Re: KISS pre-order 45th Anniversary Destroyer boxset

Post by Grand Classic »

wjs296 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:31 pm
Grand Classic wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:38 pm So about that impressive Destroyer box set that is coming....

It is kind of unfortunate that Bob Ezrin wasn't involved with this or even asked to be involved, because I suspect the same will happen for any other deluxe editions that are released. I mean it would be good to have Michael James Jackson involved with a Creatures set for example.

I am not saying it will take away from the sets and again I am really looking forward to this, but it would be nice that the original producers were able to oversee things, maybe contribute stuff that they have in their archives and give their thumbs up to it all as opposed to not even being contacted about it.

Great point! It would be interesting to have the original producers involved as you mention. Each of them had a vision for the album and this could create a unique chance to revisit their work with the band. I suspect the reason it wasn't done is the additional cost. They probably are very realistic about how many units they will sell.
Like I said in my post above - it's a personal preference. Most people won't care if the original people are involved in new editions. I would like to see them involved if at all possible.

I was just sort of shocked when Ezrin told me he no involvement at all with this and wasn't even asked to potentially contribute.
User avatar
King Of Hearts
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!
Posts: 551
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:20 pm

Re: KISS pre-order 45th Anniversary Destroyer boxset

Post by King Of Hearts »

Vandelay Industries wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:00 am Way, WAY better-looking product than I'd expected, but at 54 years old, the iron has pretty much cooled down too much for me to pay $200 (or $180 with the 10% coupon). I would've jumped faster if something similar got released on the 25th anniversary instead, lol...
I understand completely. I'm 56. But I'm almost 100% certain I'm going to get this. It's fun and it really is a time capsule of 1976. The year an 11 year old me fell in love with the band. Plus I'm not a huge KISS collector so I don't own any of the extras included. It's about the music for me. I have stuff, but nothing compared to what some fans have. Although, I probably have too many t-shirts that I only wear occasionally around the house.
User avatar
steveh67
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 4334
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:56 pm
Location: Canberra, Australia

Re: KISS pre-order 45th Anniversary Destroyer boxset

Post by steveh67 »

Grand Classic wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:16 am
StillAlive wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:07 am
CStomp1 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:36 am Paul in his prime buries them vocally. His songs are in heavy rotation these days on Sirius, so it's not like radio is running away from Paul Stanley sung tunes.
Confirmed.
My go-to stations are Ozzy's Boneyard and Hair Nation.
KISS is played ALL the time.
I am talking traditional radio with the general public in the 70's, 80's and 90's+. Not fan boy radio shows on Sirius where they also play Britny Fox and Trixter on regular rotation too.

Radio then vs. now is apples and oranges.
You make a good point here.

Here in Australia, 80s KISS was and still is largely ignored, except for GGRNRTY. IWMFLY,SNS,RNR ALL nite and maybe Shandi is all I ever heard on regular commerical radio from the 70s lineup (PC not on unmasked withstanding)
Statuegirl21
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet
Posts: 186
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:17 pm

Re: KISS pre-order 45th Anniversary Destroyer boxset

Post by Statuegirl21 »

Ezrin not even knowing anything about this pretty much debunks the theory some on here had about them reconnecting and working on new music together.
User avatar
Grand Classic
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 7149
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:56 pm

Re: KISS pre-order 45th Anniversary Destroyer boxset

Post by Grand Classic »

Statuegirl21 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:18 pm Ezrin not even knowing anything about this pretty much debunks the theory some on here had about them reconnecting and working on new music together.
That is not happening at all.
User avatar
jmitzel
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 2775
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:23 pm
Location: Corryton, TN

Re: KISS pre-order 45th Anniversary Destroyer boxset

Post by jmitzel »

Honestly, I am over hearing about Metallica did this and Whitesnake did that on a KISS chat board. Folks seem to forget that the record company has majority to do with deluxe releases, pricing and such; not the bands themselves.
User avatar
Grand Classic
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 7149
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:56 pm

Re: KISS pre-order 45th Anniversary Destroyer boxset

Post by Grand Classic »

jmitzel wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:11 pm Honestly, I am over hearing about Metallica did this and Whitesnake did that on a KISS chat board. Folks seem to forget that the record company has majority to do with deluxe releases, pricing and such; not the bands themselves.
This isn't entirely true. Not with those bands anyway. They are in full control of their deluxe editions.
User avatar
LoveGun77
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 5959
Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:02 pm
Location: Chicago,IL

Re: KISS pre-order 45th Anniversary Destroyer boxset

Post by LoveGun77 »

Just ordered the box set...even though I wish it was vinyl,it's still filled with so many cool extras,that I knew I had to have it.

However,just for the hell of it,that wasn't enough...lol....I also ordered the lmt ed red and yellow vinyl set :)
Statuegirl21
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet
Posts: 186
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:17 pm

Re: KISS pre-order 45th Anniversary Destroyer boxset

Post by Statuegirl21 »

LoveGun77 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:45 pm Just ordered the box set...even though I wish it was vinyl,it's still filled with so many cool extras,that I knew I had to have it.

However,just for the hell of it,that wasn't enough...lol....I also ordered the lmt ed red and yellow vinyl set :)
Image
User avatar
Tail of a hurricane
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 7710
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:04 am
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Re: KISS pre-order 45th Anniversary Destroyer boxset

Post by Tail of a hurricane »

My wife is going to go halves with me buying it. I hope I can avoid getting it from Kissonline, because of the postage, but if it’s the only option , it is what it is.
andykiss78
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1235
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:58 pm

Re: KISS pre-order 45th Anniversary Destroyer boxset

Post by andykiss78 »

Tail of a hurricane wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:55 pm My wife is going to go halves with me buying it. I hope I can avoid getting it from Kissonline, because of the postage, but if it’s the only option , it is what it is.
Yeah I refuse to pay approx $100 Aussie in postage. It's not LTD ED. It can wait.
User avatar
LiveToWin
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!
Posts: 517
Joined: Sun Aug 20, 2006 12:21 pm

Re: KISS pre-order 45th Anniversary Destroyer boxset

Post by LiveToWin »

Check out this images. I bet these are from the book that is included in the boxset
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
StillAlive
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!
Posts: 618
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:46 am

Re: KISS pre-order 45th Anniversary Destroyer boxset

Post by StillAlive »

John Shaft wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:23 pm Leave it to the resident troll to derail yet another thread. Whitesnake has NOTHING to do with this discussion at all.
Maybe if people stop feeding him he'll go away.
Great advice.
User avatar
Spiritual_Chaos
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 4639
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:06 am

Re: KISS pre-order 45th Anniversary Destroyer boxset

Post by Spiritual_Chaos »

jmitzel wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:11 pm Honestly, I am over hearing about Metallica did this and Whitesnake did that on a KISS chat board. Folks seem to forget that the record company has majority to do with deluxe releases, pricing and such; not the bands themselves.
This is painting a false picture.
User avatar
Chaim Wigz
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!
Posts: 2371
Joined: Thu May 02, 2013 1:35 pm

Re: KISS pre-order 45th Anniversary Destroyer boxset

Post by Chaim Wigz »

There should have been a vinyl box set, and I would have thrown my money at this. A CD only box set? In 2021?? What a head scratcher.
User avatar
charlymask
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:18 am

Re: KISS pre-order 45th Anniversary Destroyer boxset

Post by charlymask »

GermanKissFan wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:18 am Some have already asked this but didn't get any reply from the people in the know, so I'll ask again: Are ANY of these new products (CD box, black vinyl, coloured vinyl) a KISSonline exclusive or can we buy these things on our local amazon site later on? Shipping to Germany (+ custom fees) makes all this pretty unaffordable...
Same problem in Spain, borders and taxes are excesive to buy it from USA. Waiting for any news to buy from another places in europe, maybe european edition or something Like that.