KISS pre-order 45th Anniversary Destroyer boxset

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
artinis1
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Re: KISS pre-order 45th Anniversary Destroyer boxset

Post by artinis1 »

I wonder how good the ‘76 Show will sound, did they have master tapes? The band in their prime, can’t wait to hear this
Arrogant
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by Arrogant »

LiveToWin wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:46 pm I think this product is very overpriced. Just compare this one with the latest Metallica box set.
That's exactly what I was thinking. The Metallica boxsets, at the same price point, are overflowing with content.
Not just content in various forms (Blu-Ray audio... :roll: ) but unreleased tapes from Lars' vaults.

And then you have hours and hours of video footage. Proshot concerts, footage from band member's camcorders, rare bootlegs that are quality because they're (for instance) shot from onstage.

The hardcover books with essays from the inner circle, and hundreds of pages of documents and cool things from each respective album cycle.

And then you still get all of the vinyl offerings included.

With the Destroyer box, it's short on unreleased content and very long on "extras" like posters and patches and bios of band members.

The only thing I care about is the vinyl and the book. But if you only buy the vinyl, you lose 40+ pages of content and it comes in pamphlet form.

No thank you.
misterhand80
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by misterhand80 »

Grand Classic wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:56 pm
destroyerrnro wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:58 am
jannep17 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:35 amBig thing?
Yes.....this will be only the first.
So point blank question:

Are there plans already STARTED in the moving forward phase to do this for a STRING of albums - say Rock And Roll Over, Creatures, The Elder, whatever they are?

Or is it see how Destroyer does first and if it doesn't sell that well, then the rest may be abandoned? Does the success of this Destroyer Deluxe have any impact on what else is coming?
Did your contact at Universal not answer your question?

:D
turbodrive
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by turbodrive »

joma5477 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:49 pm
turbodrive wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:46 pm I've looked and might be missing it, but...have they said when they expect to ship this? Guessing sometime in October?
Nov 19
Cool...thnx.
Agerst1574
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by Agerst1574 »

Can anyone confirm that the Super Deluxe set is only going to be sold by Kiss Online?
kiss-1976
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by kiss-1976 »

misterhand80 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:42 pm
So point blank question:

Are there plans already STARTED in the moving forward phase to do this for a STRING of albums - say Rock And Roll Over, Creatures, The Elder, whatever they are?

Or is it see how Destroyer does first and if it doesn't sell that well, then the rest may be abandoned? Does the success of this Destroyer Deluxe have any impact on what else is coming?

Bwahahahah yeah, exactly...
BarkBlue
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by BarkBlue »

Absolutely delighted with this. Looks to be exactly what most people have been asking for and not at too steep a price.

Dumb question but is there a UK link for pre-orders or is it all through the KISS store?
turbodrive
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by turbodrive »

artinis1 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:33 pm I wonder how good the ‘76 Show will sound, did they have master tapes? The band in their prime, can’t wait to hear this
Wondering about that, too. If it's the one I had back in the late '80s on cassette (probably Stoned in Paris), it was great quality. Someone back then had told me that it was broadcast on the radio in France shortly after the concert.
kiss-1976
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by kiss-1976 »

turbodrive wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:54 pm
artinis1 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:33 pm I wonder how good the ‘76 Show will sound, did they have master tapes? The band in their prime, can’t wait to hear this
Wondering about that, too. If it's the one I had back in the late '80s on cassette (probably Stoned in Paris), it was great quality. Someone back then had told me that it was broadcast on the radio in France shortly after the concert.
Actually. This show would have been a nice Off the Soundboard release on it's own...
steveh67
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by steveh67 »

Looks great, even though some the demos have been around for ages etc.

Single edit wont sell me a boxset though either. But the live show and the other goodies might.

Like others mentioned this a Paris show that's been on the bootleg market for decades?

$200US sadly, means a bomb for those OS fans. I assume it will be available in stores, and not just online through KISS store.

September 17, 2021 (today) Friday 200 USD = 273.57 AUD
Last edited by steveh67 on Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.
King Of Hearts
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by King Of Hearts »

PsychoElder wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:46 pm
AliveIIside4 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:54 pm Purchased one for myself. When it arrives I'm not gonna open it and give it to my wife to wrap up and put under the Christmas tree. No box set for me until Christmas morning.
Same here, my wife told me I had to wait until Christmas. I can do that.
That's a good idea actually. I may have to do the same. It'll be my wife's Christmas present to me this year.

This is genuinely a great set. So many cool things included. It's funny, just a little while ago I was thinking, "I wish I still had my original KISS army membership kit", and whoop! There it is - in all its replicated glory!
Goady
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by Goady »

Arrogant wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:34 pm
LiveToWin wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:46 pm I think this product is very overpriced. Just compare this one with the latest Metallica box set.
That's exactly what I was thinking. The Metallica boxsets, at the same price point, are overflowing with content.
Not just content in various forms (Blu-Ray audio... :roll: ) but unreleased tapes from Lars' vaults.

And then you have hours and hours of video footage. Proshot concerts, footage from band member's camcorders, rare bootlegs that are quality because they're (for instance) shot from onstage.

The hardcover books with essays from the inner circle, and hundreds of pages of documents and cool things from each respective album cycle.

With the Destroyer box, it's short on unreleased content and very long on "extras" like posters and patches and bios of band members.

The only thing I care about is the vinyl and the book. But if you only buy the vinyl, you lose 40+ pages of content and it comes in pamphlet form.

No thank you.
Everything KISS do is overpriced, just the way it is. They do it because idiots like me buy it anyway (although I have become more selective because of their pricing policy). Buy it or not? Your choice.
peterparker78
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by peterparker78 »

Seems a cool and interesting package, worth acquiring IMO depending on price, plenty to look at & listen to, to keep a happy Kiss fan amused. But (here it comes) "We aren't interested putting out 'son of Destroyer' ". Except they are. Again. Would be more creditable if similar packages wre available for other albums. Just sayin'....
KISS#1

Post by KISS#1 »

Has this been discussed yet? The description for DESTROYER 45TH SUPER DELUXE 4CD + BLU-RAY says a total of 73 songs but if you count them, it totals to 69 songs?
steveh67

Post by steveh67 »

Boxsets of this magnitude can expensive though, particularly in Australia

Fairly recent ones i was keen on, until I saw the price were Appetite for Destruction and Joshua Tree.

I do like this KISS one though, given its got reproductions of some the original gear that they put in the albums, as well as the tour book which I don't have.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
69th_B1izard

Post by 69th_B1izard »

KISS heard the fans and they obeyed…..finally!
Grand Classic
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by Grand Classic »

misterhand80 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:42 pm
So point blank question:

My contact at Universal hasn't gotten back to me yet and he might not know anyway - he knew what was going on with KISS much more in the Sonic Boom/Monster era.

Bob Ezrin did get back though and told me that he had nothing to do with this Destroyer deluxe. He wasn't even asked to take part or to potentially add anything to it, but that doesn't mean it still won't be a great package.
Last edited by Grand Classic on Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.
50poundnote
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by 50poundnote »

KISS#1 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:22 pm Has this been discussed yet? The description for DESTROYER 45TH SUPER DELUXE 4CD + BLU-RAY says a total of 73 songs but if you count them, it totals to 69 songs?
If you add the uncredited Rock And Roll Demon (twice - disc 1 and Blu-ray), I count 71.

*Edit* and if you count the guitar, bass, and drum solos on the live disc as separate cuts, it's 74.
Last edited by 50poundnote on Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
sicksickphil

Post by sicksickphil »

Arrogant wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:34 pm

No thank you.
If over flowing with content you mean tons of demos of the same few songs ... Then sure.
steveh67

Post by steveh67 »

Fingers crossed we get this for the RockNRoll Over, Love Gun and ALive 2 albums too.

Pretty please.
Easy Catman
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Easy Catman »

BarkBlue wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:54 pm Absolutely delighted with this. Looks to be exactly what most people have been asking for and not at too steep a price.

Dumb question but is there a UK link for pre-orders or is it all through the KISS store?
Those in the know have not answered any questions about this being sold elsewhere, but nothing on the website says it is exclusive to Kiss Online either. Hope no one misses out on this as it looks great but I am giving it a few days before I order mainly with the shipping costs in mind to the UK.
MrPaulStanley
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by MrPaulStanley »

I think this is a fantastic package, looking forward to what comes next!
Hotter Than Heck

Post by Hotter Than Heck »

I pre-ordered the black vinyl

They should have put the deluxe version out as a multiple vinyl box set too but I guess they just didn't want me to buy one of those. I'm kinda surprised they'd ignore the vinyl-only purchasers like this, I wonder how many sales they'll lose overall?

Black vinyl looks badass tho & I'm geeked for it for sure!
Metalion_SOS
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Metalion_SOS »

This is great and all but I just want discs 2-4 on CD (the 2CD version is a joke; vinyl is useless; I don't care about BD-audio) without all the ephemera, I just don't have the room. And I don't even wanna know what the postage is to Aus.
Jamcarl321
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by Jamcarl321 »

Metalion_SOS wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:08 pm This is great and all but I just want discs 2-4 on CD (the 2CD version is a joke; vinyl is useless; I don't care about BD-audio) without all the ephemera, I just don't have the room. And I don't even wanna know what the postage is to Aus.
Yeah, I don’t like the 2CD version either. They should be the remaster and the FULL live show!
Christmas
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by Christmas »

Typical FAQ cesspool.

“I want a box set”
When they get it…
“ it’s too expensive “

But at least you have some thing to bitch about for months. Or years.
alivecatman

Post by alivecatman »

steveh67 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:40 pm Fingers crossed we get this for the RockNRoll Over, Love Gun and ALive 2 albums too.

Pretty please.
There are more in the works
LoveGuns

Post by LoveGuns »

alivecatman wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:37 pm
steveh67 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:40 pm Fingers crossed we get this for the RockNRoll Over, Love Gun and ALive 2 albums too.

Pretty please.
Hope so! Im also counting on RARO
spaceace1977
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by spaceace1977 »

Man...the bitching and whining about the price/content is ridiculous.

The box is $180 with the code.

What were you expecting this to be?? $50?
redinthesky
Might as well be the Admin!
Might as well be the Admin!

Post by redinthesky »

Wow, I swore off buying Kiss stuff years ago but even I'm considering this one.

I never thought there'd be such a great celebration of the 'real' Kiss while the current one is still on tour. Great to see. And yup, I believe it's just the beginning.
turbodrive
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by turbodrive »

alivecatman wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:37 pm

Pretty please.
Outstanding!!! Just throwing this out there, but a similar treatment for Alive! would be well received...by me, anyway.
Grand Classic

Post by Grand Classic »

Christmas wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:30 pm Typical FAQ cesspool.

“I want a box set”
When they get it…
“ it’s too expensive “

People want a lot of things when it comes to things that they buy.

The price of that thing is also a factor when it comes to them deciding IF what they wanted is actually worth buying or not. Especially when compared to similar quality or higher quality products at a much lower cost.

You are welcome.
Last edited by Grand Classic on Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
seattlekissfan
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by seattlekissfan »

Ordered and can't wait to receive it. Like a lot of folks on here, been waiting/hoping for KISS to finally do something to honor their amazing legacy. Nothing but nothing could match the hunger, passion and energy of the early-mid 70's KISS. Funny, Alain's awesome "KISS On Tour" book hit the mailbox yesterday and I've been all caught up in KISS nostalgia ever since. (Thanks, man!) Then this link pops up today. For a minute, I felt the feeling I forgot, those awesome days when KISS was constantly in your face with new music, costumes, tours and, yep, merchandise. Great job on this, KISS. Keep those box sets comin'. We old-time fans remember when it was new and real. Keep reminding us.
johnkissfan1974
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by johnkissfan1974 »

All of the demos from the period are featured so there isn’t anything new that could’ve been added - the major difference is the quality is the absolute best it can be since it came from the bands vault. Even in the clip the snippets of DRC demo and Ain’t None Of Your Business sound much better than whats been floating around for years on the circuits. You can’t ask for anything better! Keep in mind that while there are Gene demos that are also featured on his vault, that project came out way before a Destroyer boxset was even thought about, and since the vault was much more costly, there are fans that still haven’t heard (let alone own) the tracks, so for COMPLETENESS, they are featured here and at a more affordable price (esp compared to the vault).

The live show is also from the archives, not off a radio broadcast, not from an audience recording. The vocals aren’t messed with! Isn’t that what fans wanted after hearing YWTB? Now we have a full live show from the original lineup, without any touchups. Sure other shows could have been used, but we have all heard (and watched) the Anaheim performance, the performance featured is special bc it is just after the albums release and the first time the band visited Europe - don’t forget this is a time capsule, it not only covers the US but everything else during that tour! This live show is what started it all, technically speaking. It’s something different.

As for the packaging, again its a time capsule. The concept was that it would bring the listener back to 1976, back to the house they were living in, the friends they had, gf/bf/wife/husband etc. you open it up and it all hits you at once, your memories and your memories of Kiss and what they were at the time. Looking at the contents I think the creators did an amazing job for what they were allowed to work with/include and taking price into the equation. The key sentence is “what they were able to work with.”

Instead of picking it apart or shitting on what is (or not) included, or what other bands are charging and releasing, can we just shut the f-ck up and enjoy this moment and remember what it was like, what we were like, during this era? We can never go back - but this box set will give us the nostalgia, smiles we had when we were in the Kiss Army (the kit is included), or when we hung Kiss posters on our walls (they are included), when we heard the album for the first time or hundred time by the summer of ‘76 (its included), or looking through magazines for anything Kiss related (a book and mock newspaper is included), or putting stickers on our car bumpers or sneaking a tape recorder into a concert to capture that moment forever (both are included), or man I wonder what else is out there that we havent heard?? (Guess what, its included). So with all that being said - its really a decent price to re-capture our youth, isnt it??

Just my two cents
jmitzel

Post by jmitzel »

Stanley! You look so cute wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:52 pm The problem with comparing this to the Whitesnake boxset...is that's it's Whitesnake. Four, maybe five decent songs at the very most? A 12" EP has got you covered for that band. Nowhere near the same league as Kiss.
Agreed.
50poundnote
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by 50poundnote »

Wouldn’t think twice about dropping the same amount on boxes for KISS, Hotter Than Hell (yes, I know the multitrack tapes are missing), Alive, Rock And Roll Over, Love Gun, Alive II, and Dynasty. I’d probably give in and buy Dressed To Kill (ugh) just to complete the ‘70s. I would maybe spring for Creatures.
seattlekissfan
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by seattlekissfan »

johnkissfan1974 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:04 pm All of the demos from the period are featured so there isn’t anything new that could’ve been added - the major difference is the quality is the absolute best it can be since it came from the bands vault. Even in the clip the snippets of DRC demo and Ain’t None Of Your Business sound much better than whats been floating around for years on the circuits. You can’t ask for anything better! Keep in mind that while there are Gene demos that are also featured on his vault, that project came out way before a Destroyer boxset was even thought about, and since the vault was much more costly, there are fans that still haven’t heard (let alone own) the tracks, so for COMPLETENESS, they are featured here and at a more affordable price (esp compared to the vault).

The live show is also from the archives, not off a radio broadcast, not from an audience recording. The vocals aren’t messed with! Isn’t that what fans wanted after hearing YWTB? Now we have a full live show from the original lineup, without any touchups. Sure other shows could have been used, but we have all heard (and watched) the Anaheim performance, the performance featured is special bc it is just after the albums release and the first time the band visited Europe - don’t forget this is a time capsule, it not only covers the US but everything else during that tour! This live show is what started it all, technically speaking. It’s something different.

As for the packaging, again its a time capsule. The concept was that it would bring the listener back to 1976, back to the house they were living in, the friends they had, gf/bf/wife/husband etc. you open it up and it all hits you at once, your memories and your memories of Kiss and what they were at the time. Looking at the contents I think the creators did an amazing job for what they were allowed to work with/include and taking price into the equation. The key sentence is “what they were able to work with.”

Instead of picking it apart or shitting on what is (or not) included, or what other bands are charging and releasing, can we just shut the f-ck up and enjoy this moment and remember what it was like, what we were like, during this era? We can never go back - but this box set will give us the nostalgia, smiles we had when we were in the Kiss Army (the kit is included), or when we hung Kiss posters on our walls (they are included), when we heard the album for the first time or hundred time by the summer of ‘76 (its included), or looking through magazines for anything Kiss related (a book and mock newspaper is included), or putting stickers on our car bumpers or sneaking a tape recorder into a concert to capture that moment forever (both are included), or man I wonder what else is out there that we havent heard?? (Guess what, its included). So with all that being said - its really a decent price to re-capture our youth, isnt it??

Just my two cents
Thanks. You nailed it, man. Perfect post.
Under The Rose

Post by Under The Rose »

Trying to get excited enough to fork out $280 with shipping for the box. It just needed a DVD or Blu Ray of Destroys Anaheim to make it much, much more appealing. All the poster stuff is really just unnecessary tat you’ll look at once and put back in the box for the rest of time.

The demos and outtakes will be worth playing a couple of times possibly.

I don’t know….if it was The Elder I’d be mega excited. If it were starting at the beginning with a KISS box including all the demos for the debut album and the Wicked Lester album, that would be exciting.

But Destroyer. Hmm. I don’t know. I have the coloured vinyl, I have the remaster, I have the Resurrected. Do I really need more?

Damn shame it’s not on uDiscover music because I have a free shipping code from there. Maybe I’ll wait a bit. After all the Soundboard thing was originally only on KOL.
Easy Catman
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Easy Catman »

Easy Catman wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:43 pm
BarkBlue wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:54 pm Absolutely delighted with this. Looks to be exactly what most people have been asking for and not at too steep a price.

Those in the know have not answered any questions about this being sold elsewhere, but nothing on the website says it is exclusive to Kiss Online either. Hope no one misses out on this as it looks great but I am giving it a few days before I order mainly with the shipping costs in mind to the UK.
Statuegirl21
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by Statuegirl21 »

One of the most visual bands in the world releases a box set that includes zero video footage.
johnkissfan1974
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by johnkissfan1974 »

Statuegirl21 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:26 pm One of the most visual bands in the world releases a box set that includes zero video footage.
THEY WORKED WITH WHAT THEY COULD!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sam T Serpent

Post by Sam T Serpent »

steveh67 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:06 pm Looks great, even though some the demos have been around for ages etc.

Single edit wont sell me a boxset though either. But the live show and the other goodies might.

Like others mentioned this a Paris show that's been on the bootleg market for decades?

$200US sadly, means a bomb for those OS fans. I assume it will be available in stores, and not just online through KISS store.

September 17, 2021 (today) Friday 200 USD = 273.57 AUD

The total for me is like AUD$346 or something
joma5477
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by joma5477 »

“I want a box set”
When they get it…
“ it’s too expensive “

To be fair, there isn't that much bitching. You're never going to get smiles across the board, and most the feedback has been positive.
Julien
EXP20240130

Post by Julien »

“I want a box set”
When they get it…
“ it’s too expensive “

You brought garbage into a positive thread, seeing ghosts and shouting "fire" for your own ends. I respectfully say, "shove your agenda."
AstroWarped
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by AstroWarped »

Statuegirl21 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:26 pm One of the most visual bands in the world releases a box set that includes zero video footage.
Probably because they have the video planned for a separate release?!

So yea, they could simply release other "Destroyer" stuff as separate packages, this helps spread out the costs so it doesn't hit you all at once.

So the idea would be to keep it looking like it is still part of the boxed set, as well.
KISSTRONAUT
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Location: The Kingdom of the Spiders, The Empire of the Ants.

Post by KISSTRONAUT »

Looks really cool and not too unreasonable.
Forevertj

Post by Forevertj »

Spiritual_Chaos wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:17 am
nightwingken wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:08 am Fantastic, The Hot Mother of all Box sets

That's great, except that pearl jam SUCKS! :D
Forevertj

Post by Forevertj »

nightwingken wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:26 am
SpaceaceRyan wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:05 am It’s missing a dvd of KISS DESTROYS ANAHEIM ‘76.
Or it may be being saved for a RARAO Box?

Nice Ken, BUT, where would they dig out another 20 demos?
Forevertj

Post by Forevertj »

Ack66 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:29 am For an extra $10,000, Ace will come to your house and prepare scrambled eggs for you.

I would rather have Vinnie toss my salad.
Forevertj

Post by Forevertj »

Hi I'm Witz wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:42 am Hate to be "that guy" but no vinyl, no sale. I'm only interested in these box sets if I can get them on vinyl.

Edit: Never mind! I see that they do offer vinyl! Pre-ordered!

You couldn't give me vinyl. Straight in the trash it would go.