KISS pre-order 45th Anniversary Destroyer boxset

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
Spaceace
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Re: KISS pre-order 45th Anniversary Destroyer boxset

Post by Spaceace »

warmachine731 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:00 am I love what the package offers, however they do not offer a package with the musical content only. They have one package that has a portion of the music offered for a significant price decrease, which is great. But I want the music without the fluff, tattoos, smoke and mirrors.

Unfortunately I may have to wait on the secondary market for this one. Or the 50th release in 5 years.
I'm in the same boat.. trying to downside so only want the music. Wonder if the digital package will just be the 2 cd set?
warmachine731
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by warmachine731 »

Stanley! You look so cute wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:02 am
warmachine731 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:00 am But I want the music without the fluff, tattoos, smoke and mirrors.
You might be into the wrong band.
I understand that KISS’ music is undervalued. Even to the members themselves. Shame on me for being into the music first and foremost.
indyfanmc
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by indyfanmc »

Placed my order for the super deluxe and vinyl. Very surprised at the reasonable price. Fans need to buy this because if we don't there will never be another release like this.
MikeyB

Post by MikeyB »

misterhand80 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:11 am $200 is great!
I wouldn't say "great", but it's honestly a lot less expensive than I expected it to be!
highvoltage1969
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by highvoltage1969 »

Very nice, a genuine deluxe package for a change.
Curveboy

Post by Curveboy »

indyfanmc wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:29 am Placed my order for the super deluxe and vinyl. Very surprised at the reasonable price. Fans need to buy this because if we don't there will never be another release like this.
Exactly...

(haven't ordered yet but I will!)
joma5477

Post by joma5477 »

spaceace1977 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:52 am It pops up automatically on the shop page when you try to leave the page. Just enter your email and they send you the code for signing up.
Thanks. Not seeing one pop up for me, but if I can figure it out, I may place another order and cancel the first.
fhsdemon
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by fhsdemon »

Damn, KISS put out a unique product even I could pre-order and afford. Done :)
pepperkitty
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by pepperkitty »

Awesomeness!
mekmad
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by mekmad »

$9 to ship a record, are they using Gene $immonS postal service? Haha. I'll pay it but that's like double what it should be.
jannep17
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by jannep17 »

balish wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:09 am
jannep17 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:35 amBig thing?

Let me guess.
You're not over the moon?
I was just wondering if this is the big thing that was supposed to be announced? Or is the big thing coming later?
GACatmandu

Post by GACatmandu »

Ordered the four CD set and the colored vinyl set. They should have just put some vinyl in the box set with the CD's but they do know how to get extra money from us fans that's for sure!! :lol: :lol:
Soylent Gene

Post by Soylent Gene »

Cool.
69th_B1izard
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by 69th_B1izard »

crimsonharpoon wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:14 am FINALLY!! Somewhere 69th Blizzard (Ken) is smiling Lol

Looks as though some actual time & effort was put into this set and the price is NOT outrageous, which was as equally surprising as the content itself. Would’ve been cool for the vinyl to have been part of the large deluxe set (with maybe the colored vinyl available as a stand alone purchase) but hey, I’m not gonna quibble over that. Well done, Kiss! Now it’s up to us to make this a success & hopefully inspire similar releases for the rest of the discography!
😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀
Yes, finally! The box set looks great….hopefully more to come!
destroyerrnro
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by destroyerrnro »

Yes.....this will be only the first.
worth1
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by worth1 »

Order placed. Excited to get this one.
destroyerrnro
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by destroyerrnro »

crimsonharpoon wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:14 am FINALLY!! Somewhere 69th Blizzard (Ken) is smiling Lol

Looks as though some actual time & effort was put into this set and the price is NOT outrageous, which was as equally surprising as the content itself. Would’ve been cool for the vinyl to have been part of the large deluxe set (with maybe the colored vinyl available as a stand alone purchase) but hey, I’m not gonna quibble over that. Well done, Kiss! Now it’s up to us to make this a success & hopefully inspire similar releases for the rest of the discography!
Thank you Crimson. A tremendous amount of time and effort went into this project. This was envisioned as a "time machine." We wanted fans old and new to get a sense of what it was like being a fan back then. A lot of effort went into the recreation of the tour book, Kiss Army kit, the rare photos, etc. I said all along not everyone will be happy, because in any fan base you can't please them all, but I do feel this is a major step in the right direction. For those who are happy with it, thank you and enjoy....
SpaceaceRyan
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by SpaceaceRyan »

It’s missing a dvd of KISS DESTROYS ANAHEIM ‘76.
joma5477

Post by joma5477 »

destroyerrnro wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:03 am

Thank you Crimson. A tremendous amount of time and effort went into this project. This was envisioned as a "time machine." We wanted fans old and new to get a sense of what it was like being a fan back then. A lot of effort went into the recreation of the tour book, Kiss Army kit, the rare photos, etc. I said all along not everyone will be happy, because in any fan base you can't please them all, but I do feel this is a major step in the right direction. For those who are happy with it, thank you and enjoy....
This is great, thanks for whatever work you did on it.

How big is the tour book? Original size or...?
LoveGuns

Post by LoveGuns »

Great price, however having recently bought the Ultimate VIP that I have yet to attend and the Let Me Rock You reissue I rather not even ask my wife now if shed be fine with another Kiss purchase for a couple hundred bucks.

Hope they are planning on a big stock for these
fifthdeadlyvenom
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by fifthdeadlyvenom »

destroyerrnro wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:58 am
Yes.....this will be only the first.
Very cool. It's the 45th anniversary of RARO too, just saying. :lol: :lol:
JJ Smalling II
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by JJ Smalling II »

If this isn't the BIG THING....I'm STILL ordering this baby!!!!

Price tag incoming, LOL!!!
Legsofsteel
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Legsofsteel »

This looks great and what a box set should look like.
50poundnote
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by 50poundnote »

Ain't None Of Your Business sounds so heavy and amazing in that video (the :53 mark). I love Peter's whiskey voice!

My favorite album of all-time, FINALLY getting the treatment it deserves. Box set and double vinyl ordered. I'll now have 13 different copies of this album LOL.
Last edited by 50poundnote on Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
KissKing73

Post by KissKing73 »

Will it be available on Amazon?
Last edited by KissKing73 on Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
k1ssarmy
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by k1ssarmy »

I went ahead and pulled the trigger and ordered. I told myself that after the Off The Soundboard release and my buyer's remorse I wasn't doing anything else. Well... I just received Balish's book yesterday and I'm on a KISS high. I feel like this will sell out so I grabbed it.
GACatmandu

Post by GACatmandu »

I have to say being a major fan of any classic rock band that has been around for 30 years or more is really expensive these days!!
Spiritual_Chaos

Post by Spiritual_Chaos »

GACatmandu wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:55 am Ordered the four CD set and the colored vinyl set. They should have just put some vinyl in the box set with the CD's but they do know how to get extra money from us fans that's for sure!! :lol: :lol:
I appreciate them not having the same stuff both on CD and in vinyl in the same boxset (like other artists have done in the past).

But I wish they would have released one version of the boxset with vinyl instead of CD though. I have no use for CD.
destroyerrnro
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by destroyerrnro »

joma5477 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:06 am

The tour book is scaled down slightly. We didn't want to impact the value of the originals for collectors and it needed to fit in the package. You are more than welcome as I enjoyed the work and input.
Marty Scurll
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by Marty Scurll »

Is this the big thing? If so well done! A KISS product that i actually give two shits about purchasing since the Kissology series. $200 is a little steep especially after tax and shipping but i thought that this was going to be at least $400 so i was pleasantly surprised!

Not big on pre-orders but im going for it! Anyone have that 10% off code? A pop up on my order appeared but just as quickly disappeared before i could even enter my email.
Tito
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Tito »

destroyerrnro wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:03 am I do feel this is a major step in the right direction.
I'll give it that, it's definitely that. Another edition of Destroyer is just not for me, I'm pretty much done with CDs anyway, but this is definitely finally the standard these things should be at. Now, if we could see this sort of thing with a couple of the other albums...
KissCannibal

Post by KissCannibal »

Nice! Now we need a Hotter Than Hell Super Deluxe Boxset with a REMIX.
vinniestkulick

Post by vinniestkulick »

Dave's not here wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:49 am Is this from the same people responsible for the Dubai NYE concert?
I’ll wait for the actual release on this one. No more Pre-orders, thank you.
Looks good though.
Yeah, no doubt... fairly reasonably priced, but really hard to fund another pre-order that will show up if/when it feels like it, given the DUBAI ROCK SHITTY experience. :eye:
woodworm001

Post by woodworm001 »

IN!!!!!!

About time, but lets hope this is the future! Never thought I could be excited about another Destroyer release!
Spiritual_Chaos

destroyerrnro wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:43 am

The tour book is scaled down slightly. We didn't want to impact the value of the originals for collectors and it needed to fit in the package. You are more than welcome as I enjoyed the work and input.
Scanned in a mint copy of a tour book? Or do KISS have original files in archives for all their stuff?

The 2014 vinyl had some sleeves scanned with ringwear intact I seem to remember reading, so maybe that answers my question. But curious.
Spiritual_Chaos

Is the Paris show one that has been circulating or something that has never been heard?
destroyerrnro
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by destroyerrnro »

Spiritual_Chaos wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:51 am

Scanned in a mint copy of a tour book? Or do KISS have original files in archives for all their stuff?

The 2014 vinyl had some sleeves scanned with ringwear intact I seem to remember reading, so maybe that answers my question. But curious.
Multiple sources. All from scans for the tourbook. The original slides weren't available. I will tell you that hours, and sometimes days, were spent on restoring the photos/scans to pristine condition and that was the case with nearly everything in this set. There were some slides available, but they all had to be restored as their were various degrees of damage and/or degradation.
Last edited by destroyerrnro on Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
The masked one
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

KISS pre-order 45th Anniversary Destroyer boxset

Post by The masked one »

Got mine ordered. Would be nice to see this done for Dynasty and Creatures of the Night as well
alivecatman

Post by alivecatman »

vinniestkulick wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:50 am
Dave's not here wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:49 am Is this from the same people responsible for the Dubai NYE concert?
I’ll wait for the actual release on this one. No more Pre-orders, thank you.
Looks good though.
Yeah, no doubt... fairly reasonably priced, but really hard to fund another pre-order that will show up if/when it feels like it, given the DUBAI ROCK SHITTY experience. :eye:
Not the same company.
Kisscandinavia

Post by Kisscandinavia »

Great! I'm glad that they didn't choose the filler rich R&R over.
alivecatman

Post by alivecatman »

destroyerrnro wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:59 am

Multiple sources. All from scans for the tourbook. The original slides weren't available. I will tell you that hours, and sometimes days, were spent on restoring the photos/scans to pristine condition and that was the case with nearly everything in this set. There were some slides available, but they all had to be restored as their were various degrees of damage and/or degradation.
It's my Tourbook that was scanned.
destroyerrnro
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by destroyerrnro »

Tito wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:48 am
destroyerrnro wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:03 am I do feel this is a major step in the right direction.
I'll give it that, it's definitely that. Another edition of Destroyer is just not for me, I'm pretty much done with CDs anyway, but this is definitely finally the standard these things should be at. Now, if we could see this sort of thing with a couple of the other albums...
No doubt you will brother.....
destroyerrnro
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by destroyerrnro »

alivecatman wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:02 am

Mostly....we needed to a few other sources as well brother Andrew.
alivecatman

Post by alivecatman »

destroyerrnro wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:04 am

The final comp did look outstanding
nightwingken
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant
Location: Celebrating 12 years whining.Complaining since 2001.

Post by nightwingken »

Fantastic, The Hot Mother of all Box sets
misterhand80

Post by misterhand80 »

Brother destroyerrnro, thanks for all you do and the quality link to bulletproof information that you always provide. Some claim to know the inside dealings, but you come through time and time again. The others? They act like jerk offs with ego-driven rants. You don't do that. You don't blow hot air around here when you give us hints to upcoming releases. Your info is on point and on the money! Three cheers for destroyerrnro! :!:
destroyerrnro
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by destroyerrnro »

alivecatman wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:05 am

Thank you Andrew. Tom Jermann put a great team together. He deserves a tremendous amount of credit.
alivecatman

Post by alivecatman »

destroyerrnro wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:12 am
alivecatman wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:05 am

Thank you Andrew. Tom Jermann put a great team together. He deserves a tremendous amount of credit.
Agreed!! Pleasure to connect with you knowing we both worked on this!
Spiritual_Chaos

nightwingken wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:08 am Fantastic, The Hot Mother of all Box sets
Spiritual_Chaos

Thank you! Cool! I love stuff like that!