So many legends dying...

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
Kissoff
Banned

Re: So many legends dying...

Post by Kissoff »

Bruce wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:28 pm She's ... gone?
Yes she died. Extra sad cuz she'd had a hard life. I tried to give her a better one but failed like I failed myself. It sucks bad. KissFAQ is my sanctuary.
Bruce
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Bruce »

Understood. And yes, 'you are among friends' on this forum -- myself among them.
DonnaDixon
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by DonnaDixon »

Kissoff wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:28 pm
I tried to give her a better one but failed like I failed myself.
How did you fail yourself?
Kissoff
Banned

Post by Kissoff »

DonnaDixon wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:47 am
I didn't take care of my ailing health
KissRMe4life
Banned

Post by KissRMe4life »

And yet Eddie Vedder is still alive, shaking my head!!!!
KISSFACE
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by KISSFACE »

neiltracy00 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:38 am I feel Kiss are putting their own lives at risk humping all that stage costume weight around at their age.
On the other hand, I think actual retirement might be bad for them and bring on a swift physical decline. I think there needs to be work and money and attention to keep them motivated to do what they do to stay in shape.
DonnaDixon
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by DonnaDixon »

Kissoff wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:34 pm
You knew you were sick and ignored it? Or your lifestyle caused obvious damage?

Obviously no need to reply if you don't want to.
Kissoff
Banned

Post by Kissoff »

DonnaDixon wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:38 am

Didn't take meds consistently as prescribed while partying more than Charlie Sheen.
DonnaDixon
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by DonnaDixon »

Kissoff wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:14 pm

Didn't take meds consistently as prescribed while partying more than Charlie Sheen.
Thanks for the insights.

Was hypertension an issue?
Kissoff
Banned

Post by Kissoff »

DonnaDixon wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:19 pm

Thanks for the insights.

Yes and blood clots.
Doose
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by Doose »

I partied more like Bishop Fulton Sheen.
Kissoff
Banned

Post by Kissoff »

Bruce wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:18 pm Understood. And yes, 'you are among friends' on this forum -- myself among them.
Good to know thank you Bruce. Heartfelt and Much appreciated!!
Kissoff
Banned

Post by Kissoff »

Doose wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:14 pm

I partied more like Bishop Fulton Sheen.
Just looked him up excellent choice!!!
Bruce
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Bruce »

Kissoff wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:37 pm Good to know thank you Bruce.
You got it, 'brother!'
DonnaDixon
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by DonnaDixon »

Kissoff wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:08 pm

Thanks for the insights.

Yes and blood clots.
If you're willing to answer the following, I'd appreciate it, and you just might be helping many of us:

Were you diagnosed with hypertension but blew it off / didn't exercise / didn't get in shape?

Were you prescribed meds that you simply didn't take?

Or was the situation something else? Thank you.
Kissoff
Banned

Post by Kissoff »

DonnaDixon wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:56 pm

Thanks for the insights.

Yes and blood clots.
If you're willing to answer the following, I'd appreciate it, and you just might be helping many of us:

Were you diagnosed with hypertension but blew it off / didn't exercise / didn't get in shape?

I frequently used meth never injected and developed blood clots in heart and lung and was hospitalized then jailed for a completely separate issue. Thus I was forced to be clean for 18 months then started right up again petal to the metal often not taking my blood thinner and other heart meds so my tests would come under disability guidelines during this time I lost my job my house and my family and ultimately had a stroke almost died leaving me unable to walk and unable to move my left arm. I got my disability but at the costliest price. Back then I rarely exercised but kept sturdy. My advice would be don't take chances when it comes to your health. You're the only one who knows what you should and shouldn't be doing before it's too late. My lifestyle was atrocious. Hookers drug addicts criminals are not a good recipe for success and happiness but I thought I could make it one. It's true when they say one day at a time. If I had to do it over I would live completely differently and nurture healthy things for myself and avoid the bad as much as possible.
DonnaDixon
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by DonnaDixon »

Kissoff wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:22 pm
Thanks for the insights.

Yes and blood clots.

I frequently used meth never injected and developed blood clots in heart and lung and was hospitalized then jailed for a completely separate issue. Thus I was forced to be clean for 18 months then started right up again petal to the metal often not taking my blood thinner and other heart meds so my tests would come under disability guidelines during this time I lost my job my house and my family and ultimately had a stroke almost died leaving me unable to walk and unable to move my left arm. I got my disability but at the costliest price. Back then I rarely exercised but kept sturdy. My advice would be don't take chances when it comes to your health. You're the only one who knows what you should and shouldn't be doing before it's too late. My lifestyle was atrocious. Hookers drug addicts criminals are not a good recipe for success and happiness but I thought I could make it one. It's true when they say one day at a time. If I had to do it over I would live completely differently and nurture healthy things for myself and avoid the bad as much as possible.
Wow. Thanks for the honest insights. That's an awful lot of suffering...!

You know, by reading the (fake) bios of Keith Richards, Lou Reed, David Bowie, the aforementioned Charlie Sheen, even Alice Cooper, Nikki Sixx, etc. etc., you'd think that drugs were barely even harmful, and maybe even beneficial.

Good thing for those guys that they had something that you didn't: the unending support of the millionaires and billionaires who manufactured and managed their career$$$$!
Grand Classic
Banned

Post by Grand Classic »

DonnaDixon wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:05 am

Yes and blood clots.

You know, by reading the (fake) bios of Keith Richards, Lou Reed, David Bowie, the aforementioned Charlie Sheen, even Alice Cooper, Nikki Sixx, etc. etc., you'd think that drugs were barely even harmful, and maybe even beneficial.

Good thing for those guys that they had something that you didn't: the unending support of the millionaires and billionaires who manufactured and managed their career$$$$!
No one thinks that. Don't use his pain as an opportunity to spew your tinfoil hat conspiracy theories.
DonnaDixon
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by DonnaDixon »

Grand Classic wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:18 am

No one thinks that. Don't use his pain as an opportunity to spew your tinfoil hat conspiracy theories.
No one requested your NWO input. Go blank yourself.
Grand Classic
Banned

Post by Grand Classic »

DonnaDixon wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:19 am

That's not how discussion forums work. You take advantage of someone's honesty and pain to spew your conspiracy bullshit and you rightfully need to be told to get the fuck out of here.
Miss Kitty
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by Miss Kitty »

I've been expecting Ace to go for years.
DonnaDixon
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by DonnaDixon »

Grand Classic wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:25 am

That's not how discussion forums work. You take advantage of someone's honesty and pain to spew your conspiracy bullshit and you rightfully need to be told to get the fuck out of here.
Edit: Thank you for your opinions.
KISSFACE
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by KISSFACE »

Miss Kitty wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:28 am I've been expecting Ace to go for years.
I think his new girlfriend the fitness trainer may have added a little more sand to his hourglass.

Or changed the tilt so it's running out a bit slower than before.
ZachAttack
Banned

Post by ZachAttack »

Just ignore him like everyone else does
TheSpoiler

Post by TheSpoiler »

DonnaDixon wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:31 am

Ah, you've encountered HeyMan. Excruciating, isn't it.
Kissoff
Banned

Post by Kissoff »

For the record no harm done. I greatly appreciated your inquiries. It was therapeutic to tell the gist of my story although tragic.
DonnaDixon
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by DonnaDixon »

Kissoff wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:18 am
For the record no harm done. I greatly appreciated your inquiries. It was therapeutic to tell the gist of my story although tragic.
Not to sound like a promo for Full House, but I think we can all learn from you.
DonnaDixon
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by DonnaDixon »

TheSpoiler wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:21 am
Ah, you've encountered HeyMan. Excruciating, isn't it.
HeyMan...?
DonnaDixon
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by DonnaDixon »

ZachAttack wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 5:52 pm

Just ignore him like everyone else does
I don’t mind arguments one bit. But if the other person is zero point zero percent open to entertaining different views, no matter how logically and plausibly presented, then what's the point?

Other than others with open minds reading the discussion, I guess.
Kissoff
Banned

Post by Kissoff »

DonnaDixon wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:50 am

Not to sound like a promo for Full House, but I think we can all learn from you.
No doubt I'm now a cautionary tale. I'd give anything not to be one to tell it. My cool life was ruined by my hedonistic addiction to sensuality and partying all day everyday. Captain Ron Out!!!
DonnaDixon
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by DonnaDixon »

Kissoff wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:15 am
DonnaDixon wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:50 am
No doubt I'm now a cautionary tale. I'd give anything not to be one to tell it. My cool life was ruined by my hedonistic addiction to sensuality and partying all day everyday. Captain Ron Out!!!
But I bet you've got countless memories and stories!
LoveGun77

Post by LoveGun77 »

Coventry1973 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:50 am R.I.P. Dusty
What a shame
Joey Jordison from Slipknot also R.I.P.
Sorry to hear of Joey's passing,but he's not a legend.
neiltracy00
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by neiltracy00 »

Always remember my grandfathers last words...FUCK ME, A BUS !!

Is anyone ever curious if they had the chance to find out the exact date you will die, want to know ??. I am 50/50. Would love to know...but dont. Not how, but when.
Kissoff
Banned

Post by Kissoff »

southernkiss wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:02 pm
highvoltage1969 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:38 am
Nately120 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:02 am
highvoltage1969 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:37 am

That's quite a fatalistic way of viewing things and whilst I don't wholly disagree with you, I know, as someone who's just turned 52, that I feel infinitely better than I when I smoked, ate crappy food and didn't exercise. Of course, you're quite right, I might get run over by a bus tomorrow so maybe I will have a Balti and Chips for dinner tonight :wink:
It's true. I knew a guy who kept in shape and worked hard and he got hit by a bus and his last words to his wife and kids were "I wish I'd spent the past 20 years doing meth."
Reminds me of the late, highly acclaimed, English Poet Laureate John Betjeman, who, apparently, when asked towards the end of his life if there was anything in his long illustrious career he wished he had done, replied: "I wish I'd slept with more women." :D
I think it was Mark Twain who said that at the end of a person’s life, they will be more disappointed by what they did not do than what they did do.
My fave Mark Twain is It's easier to fool people than to convince them they're being fooled.
RT Rocker
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by RT Rocker »

richardsimmons wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:52 pm It is a trip to think about. I believe there was a Golden Age for Popular Music that will never been repeated. 1955 - 1995. Those 40 years. Wasn’t perfect, but it was damn incredible. It’ll be duplicated & imitated for the rest of humanity… but never repeated.

Sometimes I take a step back & just remind myself to be thankful that I got to experience the tail end of it. & all of the reunions, reformations, & comebacks. Not perfect, but better than nothing!

This thread is a great reminder for me to see The Stones again next opportunity. Thanks for that.
I totally agree with this. Iam so grateful as well. The music was so magical as were the times. Especially with how the last 5 years or so has been a complete shit show in the world.
richardsimmons
Location: California $leazy Tree-Huggin’ KIZZ-luv’n RnR Ba$tard

Post by richardsimmons »

RT Rocker wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:25 am
richardsimmons wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:52 pm It is a trip to think about. I believe there was a Golden Age for Popular Music that will never been repeated. 1955 - 1995. Those 40 years. Wasn’t perfect, but it was damn incredible. It’ll be duplicated & imitated for the rest of humanity… but never repeated.

Sometimes I take a step back & just remind myself to be thankful that I got to experience the tail end of it. & all of the reunions, reformations, & comebacks. Not perfect, but better than nothing!

This thread is a great reminder for me to see The Stones again next opportunity. Thanks for that.
I totally agree with this. Iam so grateful as well. The music was so magical as were the times. Especially with how the last 5 years or so has been a complete shit show in the world.
⬆️ Cheers! 🍻
In simple terms:
Chuck Berry, Little Richard, Elvis, Hitchcock flicks, up until…
Nirvana, Smashing Pumpkins, Aaliyah (RIP), Mariah Carey, Ace of Base, Terminator 2, Jurassic Park.

Something like that.

I’m 36, born in 1985, so I seriously only caught the tail end! Reunions, reformations, past-their-prime, etc. …But it’s better than nothing ! & I appreciate what I have seen. ( I am a proud liberal bastard & agree with your last sentence.)
⬆️ Thanks for sharing. From SF to Santa Rosa, I hope you’re feeling as good as you can these days & enjoying life each day.
kingotnw
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by kingotnw »

Have you heard Paul Stanley the last 10 years? He fucking sounds like he’s dying.

I bet Ace outlives all of them.