Rudy Sarzo back in Quiet Riot

A dedicated forum to discussion of other bands. Wanna talk LL Cool J? Go for it! Prince? Go for it! Spice Girls or Lady Gaga? Go for it! Don't get pigeon-holed into liking just one genre of music!
strangeways747
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Rudy Sarzo back in Quiet Riot

Post by strangeways747 »

https://www.facebook.com/quietriot
http://metalsludge.tv/confirmed-rudy-sa ... oing-home/
August 2nd, 2021
LEGENDARY HEAVY METAL BASSIST RUDY SARZO TO RETURN TO QUIET RIOT
QUIET RIOT is set to welcome RUDY SARZO back into the band after an 18-year absence. Rudy was one of the original founding members of the legendary Metal Health lineup. He played bass on the "Metal Health" album, which sold over ten million copies and spawned the hits "Cum On Feel The Noize" and "Metal Health" and on the follow-up record "Condition Critical". He appeared in the most notable music videos in the MTV age and toured with the band until 1985 and again from 1997 to 2003. During his years out of the band, Rudy Sarzo was a member of Ozzy Osbourne, Whitesnake, Dio, Blue Oyster Cult, Queensryche, and The Guess Who. Rudy is looking forward to recording and touring with Quiet Riot beginning in 2022.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by strangeways747 on Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:24 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Grand Classic
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Re: Rudy Sarzo back in Quiet Riot

Post by Grand Classic »

What does that mean for Chuck Wright?
strangeways747

Post by strangeways747 »

Grand Classic wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:48 pm What does that mean for Chuck Wright?
The band and their management would like to formally thank Chuck Wright for his many years of dedication and perseverance and, most importantly, his distinguished talent. Wright has served off-and-on with Quiet Riot for nearly 40 years, appears on nine albums, and is known as the bassist for Quiet Riot's mega-hit "Metal Health" (Bang Your Head) and "Don't Wanna Let You Go". He was a contributing songwriter on 1986's "QRIII" and appeared in the band's video for "The Wild And The Young," among others. Wright has been one of the band's longest touring and recording members and will continue touring with the band through the end of 2021. Chuck is and will always be an invaluable member of the Quiet Riot family.
Grand Classic

Post by Grand Classic »

strangeways747 wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:11 pm
Grand Classic wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:48 pm What does that mean for Chuck Wright?
The band and their management would like to formally thank Chuck Wright for his many years of dedication and perseverance and, most importantly, his distinguished talent. Wright has served off-and-on with Quiet Riot for nearly 40 years, appears on nine albums, and is known as the bassist for Quiet Riot's mega-hit "Metal Health" (Bang Your Head) and "Don't Wanna Let You Go". He was a contributing songwriter on 1986's "QRIII" and appeared in the band's video for "The Wild And The Young," among others. Wright has been one of the band's longest touring and recording members and will continue touring with the band through the end of 2021. Chuck is and will always be an invaluable member of the Quiet Riot family.
It makes sense. Having Rudy back gives them a shred a credibility and he will probably be in charge. There is no other reason to do this since money isn't much of a factor.
*Chameleon*
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by *Chameleon* »

What about Carlos, why is he not around.
I gotta admit, I haven't exactly kept up with QR, sorry!
B5Erik
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Location: www.VistaRecords.us & Vista Records Radio on YouTube

Post by B5Erik »

*Chameleon* wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:07 pm
Who has?

After Kevin died QR should have died with him. He was the only original member left.
Den Dennis
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by Den Dennis »

What a joke.
savage_dreams

Post by savage_dreams »

*Chameleon* wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:07 pm What about Carlos, why is he not around.

he's been gone for 18 years.
savage_dreams

Post by savage_dreams »

"Rudy Sarzo said "I'm excited to be back home and celebrate the Quiet Riot Legacy, which began 40 years ago next year with the recording of "Metal Health", the first heavy metal album to reach #1 on the Billboard top 200 albums chart.""

began 40 years ago with Metal Health? i guess he's forgotten all about randy rhoads?
Pete2174

Post by Pete2174 »

Not wanting to insult anyone but in 2021 who actually cares about Quiet Riot?

ETA: I never knew he was in Queensryche. Was this Geoff Tate's version or the other version?
strangeways747

Post by strangeways747 »

Pete2174 wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:48 am I never knew he was in Queensryche. Was this Geoff Tate's version or the other version?
Tate's version.
Pete2174

Post by Pete2174 »

strangeways747 wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:04 am
Pete2174 wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:48 am I never knew he was in Queensryche. Was this Geoff Tate's version or the other version?
Tate's version.
Thanks.
KrazySwede

Post by KrazySwede »

That's the band I read pushed the popularity of metal in America to be a mainstream-thing - that 'Metal Health'-album was crazy big over there , mostly due to that Slade-cover of theirs...

Van Halen had been at it for years...but apparently it took Quiet Riot and that Slade-cover to make metal really big over there. Seems odd (for me) , but maybe that story about QR breaking metal in America is exaggerated?

Also read that Roth 'killed' QR from stage during the '84 U.S. tour.....maybe not true?

Btw, love that 'Metal Health'-album....and not much else by QR
B5Erik

Post by B5Erik »

KrazySwede wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:10 am That's the band I read pushed the popularity of metal in America to be a mainstream-thing - that 'Metal Health'-album was crazy big over there , mostly due to that Slade-cover of theirs...

Van Halen had been at it for years...but apparently it took Quiet Riot and that Slade-cover to make metal really big over there. Seems odd (for me) , but maybe that story about QR breaking metal in America is exaggerated?

Also read that Roth 'killed' QR from stage during the '84 U.S. tour.....maybe not true?

Btw, love that 'Metal Health'-album....and not much else by QR
Van Halen was more popular, but Quiet Riot was the first Metal band to hit #1 on the Billboard Top 200 albums chart.
Wiped Out 78

Post by Wiped Out 78 »

Hey man, Rudy Sarzo is back in Quiet Riot!

Who?

Rudy Sarzo. The guy who played on Metal Health. Well, most of it.

Doesn't ring a bell.

Bassist for Ozzy?

Nope.

Whitesnake?

Don't recall.

Dio?

Ummm

Yngwie?

What's that?

Blue Oyster Cult?

They're still around?

Guess Who?

I'm trying, dammit!

Angel?

Never heard of them.

Giuffria?

Now you're just making up words.

The guy who used to lick his bass strings on MTV.

Oh, that guy. I remember him.

So you wanna go see Quiet Riot?

Nah.
ashorama
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by ashorama »

I'm rarely one to speculate, but I would think that if Carlos wanted to be in QR, he wouldn't have been playing in Ratt all those years ago.

Also (re: the press release) how is one a "founding member" of band that was already in the recording studio while Sarzo was still playing with Ozzy?

Sarzo seems like a nice guy, and he must have the chops to have been as busy as he has been all these years, but I think he's been on more album covers than he's actually recorded the music for.
KissJJM
Banned
Banned

Post by KissJJM »

Ticket sales just jumped from 100to 200
KissJJM
Banned
Banned

Post by KissJJM »

sure bet he lasts 6 months tops
savage_dreams

Post by savage_dreams »

I'm a bassist and never really got whats so special about Rudy. I'm not bashing him, he's obviously a solid player... but i just dont see the greatness that others do.
strangeways747

Post by strangeways747 »

Great player and I am glad he is back.
It is fine if he wasn't an original member - he was part of the classic line up that 90% of the public knows and loves.
I think it all came down to who owns the name.
I believe it was / is Frankie and Kevin. I am not sure on that, but I am guessing that is what kept Carlos and Rudy away for many a year (albeit popping in and out here and there).
With both Kevin and Frankie gone I am sure that it is a different negotiation.
I am fine with Jizzy being the front man and have tickets for QR shows already before this announcement.
How else am I going to hear Blackout In the Red Room by the original Love / Hate singer? :wink:
I've seen Jizzy do it when he fronted LA Guns and I know he does it with QR too.
I go now to pay tribute to Frankie and Kevin and to have a good time.
When they are in my neck of the woods at a decent place I have no problem popping in for a show.
B5Erik

Post by B5Erik »

savage_dreams wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:18 am I'm a bassist and never really got whats so special about Rudy. I'm not bashing him, he's obviously a solid player... but i just dont see the greatness that others do.
I don't think anyone said he's great - he's very good, has a great personality, and solid work ethic.

And, let's face it, if he weren't a capable player Yngwie would never have hired him.