Collecting STAR WARS

Forum dedicated to discussion of movies and television.
Bruce
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!

Collecting STAR WARS

Post by Bruce »

... What a piece of junk--!!

Do you collect STAR WARS merchandise? Is there any out there -- presently, or historically -- that you wouldn't want to own, necessarily, but that you think's cool? Let's explore it ...
Black Ace
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Re: Collecting STAR WARS

Post by Black Ace »

I still own my Star Wars toy collection. It’s packed up in my attic. I don’t display it all because I like to bang girls and stuff.
Bruce

Post by Bruce »

Keep them secret. Keep them safe.

Speaking of the female form, a pewter Princess Leia has been making the rounds ...

As has the pewter Millenium Falcon ...

And pewter chess pieces ...

All of the finest quality ... and workmanship.

I haven't seen any pewter figures with a crystal lightsabre, though, which would've been cool. Actually, there's a lot of STAR WARS pewter on the market. Like faux bobblehead-looking pieces and such. But all are high end merchandise, with a pricetag to suit ...
lespaul

Post by lespaul »

I sold off my star wars collection years ago..Action figures, ships/vehicles , costumes, books , etc...except for a few comic books, anakin lightsaber and the soundtracks vinyl , dvd,blurays and cds
Bruce

Post by Bruce »

Now, this would have to be a keeper!

Isn't it glorious? A lifesize bust of c3po -- his eyes light up, he quotes the movies ... and ... and everything! Sideshow also came out with a 'statue' of him: the head, the feet, the whole damn thing! Try finding either, though -- only on eBay. And its all yours, if you're in an expensive mood ...
John Connor
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by John Connor »

I still have all of my SW toys, play sets, books, etc from childhood. I was only 3 years old when the original movie came out in '77, so I had the toys before I actually saw the movie :)
I still collect some of the vintage stuff that I did not have as a kid. I don't collect a lot of the current merchandise, unless it's something I really like.
I never had an original Millennium Falcon, so that's probably at the top of my SW wish list.
lespaul

Post by lespaul »

John Connor wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:28 am I still have all of my SW toys, play sets, books, etc from childhood. I was only 3 years old when the original movie came out in '77, so I had the toys before I actually saw the movie :)
I still collect some of the vintage stuff that I did not have as a kid. I don't collect a lot of the current merchandise, unless it's something I really like.
I never had an original Millennium Falcon, so that's probably at the top of my SW wish list.
awesome !!
Bruce

Post by Bruce »

deathstarwcf.jpg

There's an official Death Star barbeque grill on the market. But -- I'm sure others will agree -- an official wood-burning firepit would have far more commercial appeal!

Death Star Fire Pit — West Coast Fire Pits

https://www.westcoastfirepits.com/shop/death-star

Death Star Fire Pit — Mainline Materials

https://www.mainlinematerials.com/produ ... od-burning
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jkiss

Post by jkiss »

Bruce wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:04 pm ... What a piece of junk--!!

Do you collect STAR WARS merchandise? Is there any out there -- presently, or historically -- that you wouldn't want to own, necessarily, but that you think's cool? Let's explore it ...
One of the fun things about having your own kids was getting to see all this stuff, again. I also easily noticed the quality of the builds were & are far superior to those, originally (or during the OT era). Plus of course, LEGO got in on it, since. And I still a have ton of it, not that I play with it or anything of the sort. Someday, I will get it all gone.

🙃

And those toys, nothing more popular than that for boys (1978-1984). FOX shoved Alan Ladd Jr. out-the-door for allowing George to retain exclusive rights to all the merchandising. I wouldn't be surprised at all, if George had his eye closely on what was going-on with Bill-&-KISS.

💄🧐.💋
jconnors
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Location: OHIO STATE BUCKEYES 2018 AND 2019 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Post by jconnors »

I have some 77 cards.
John Connor
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by John Connor »

That fire pit is pretty sweet. From a distance, it has the look of a small moon.
Bruce

Post by Bruce »

Yuss -- Brucey likes!! Not really a fan of eating nuts, but this Tie Fighter nut cracker is very cool-looking ...

Bruce

Post by Bruce »

What really has me tempted into buying this precision musical instrument is ... the Chewy purse strap ...

jkiss

Post by jkiss »

Bruce wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:45 pm Image

What really has me tempted into buying this precision musical instrument is ... the Chewy purse strap ...

Truly insane. You'd really have to be. If someone found-out you bought that, you'd just be locked-up.

I'm serious. They'd throwaway the key, forever.

They really would, whoever they are. 🤣
Bruce

Post by Bruce »

The perfect attire for any occasion ...
it's not a stormtrooper outfit -- who'll know?
It doesn't scream STAR WARS. Its fashionable!

And, if that takes up your apparel budget, not to worry! Home-made golashes can affordably, stylishly & seemlessly complete the ensemble. I'll certainly never tell ...

jkiss

Post by jkiss »

Bruce wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:53 am The perfect attire for any occasion ...
it's not a stormtrooper outfit -- who'll know?
It doesn't scream STAR WARS. Its fashionable!

And, if that takes up your apparel budget, not to worry! Home-made golashes can affordably, stylishly & seemlessly complete the ensemble. I'll certainly never tell ...

👆🏻 The only piece of "STAR WARS" swag I ever bought 'for myself' (but several of them). Easily, everything else, would be gifts for others; however, I sure purchased a-whole-fuck-ton of it (& since 1977). Who knows how much money I've spent on SW, not me, but I can imagine it's quite a lot.

Anyway, I saw this photograph in whatever magazine, a long time ago... And I figured if Cheryl Ladd (a then fashionable 'Charlie's Angel') could wear this "STAR WARS" t-shirt, so could I. I could get away with it, too. No problems with the guys, but the other girls (or my own peers); you'd be surprised by some of the objections to me wearing this shirt publicly, all were.

😮

I still wore it, I didn't care, plus I trimmed one 'much shorter' (or in an inappropriate way) to rile them up, even more. Also, I made sure to 'not wear a bra' with it, too.

😤

And unknowingly to me at the time, Cheryl Ladd was the daughter-in-law to Alan Ladd Jr. (President of FOX). Not that I knew or was properly aware who he was precisely, back then, either. All much too advanced & complicated for me (as a teenager).

💡
Bruce

Post by Bruce »

Tasty blondes and STAR WARS merch -- what a combination! Don't know whether to cringe ... or to fall in love ...

"Save me from Bruce's STAR WARS fixation -- its my only hope."

This 'statue' beeps like mad, if you activate its rusty innards. He lights up. Otherwise, it's fully articulated, but it can't do a damn thing -- not even turn its head! You've got to pose the blessed thing. And if you've got deep pockets, it'll surely be a pleasure to own.
Black Ace

Post by Black Ace »

Bruce wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:17 am Tasty blondes and STAR WARS merch -- what a combination! Don't know whether to cringe ... or to fall in love ... "Save me from Bruce's STAR WARS fixation -- its my only hope."
That was a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away. Imagine what she looks like now.
Bruce

Post by Bruce »

--- A STAR WARS character! Face pulled tighter than a drum. Hard bodied from so overdoing it in the gym. Hair dyed an unnatural shade of yellow ... inappropriate attire.
Black Ace

Post by Black Ace »

Does she have low self-esteem? If so I’m interested.

Gee, I hope we aren’t trash talking a deceased woman...or a really nice sweet old lady who has aged gracefully. That would make us a couple of jerks. :D
Black Ace

Post by Black Ace »

My collection is mostly from the late 90s run - when they rebooted it with crappy CG and unnecessary backdrop changes.

I’m not a Star Wars geek so forgive me if I get names wrong. I’m not going to look it all up. I own the toys, that’s all that matters.

Thai Fighter

Exwing Fighter

Darf Vader’s Exwing Fighter

The Alien Cantina scene with a lot of cantina aliens

That cool looking pilot, dressed in the white and black pilot gear - also from the cantina scene

The alien with the butt on his face who gets his arm cut off by Obe Juan Kinobe

The bounty hunter alien with a elephant trunk that reports to the Empire that he saw the Millennial Falcon take off from the Most Easley docking station

Most if not all of the bounty hunters - like Bubba Fet and the lizard guy. The Droid bounty hunters, too

Jabba the Hut and that little dude that sits on his shoulder

A few Darf Vaders

A few Chewbacas

A few Aretoodeetoos

A few Seethreepeeos

A really nice looking Princess Laya

A lot of different fighter pilots, from both the Empire and the Resistance

The snow stormtrooper with the tripod cannon

A lot of different stormtroopers

A lot of different Sand Peoples

A lot of different Jawas

A few different Yodas

A lot of different droids. Mostly worker and repair droids. I’ve got the one that looks like a praying mantis Seethreepeeo

I’ve got all the weapons and accessories.

All out of the package. One owner - me.

That’s all I can think of right now. It’s all in good condition and can be yours for 400 bucks. I’ve got pics. :D
Bruce

Post by Bruce »

Impressive! Most impressive.

My father and one or two others in the family at large -- that I'm aware of -- are notorious hoarders. I remember being little and I'd break or lose something stupid like ... a belt buckle. And I'd tell my mom to take me to the store for a new one and my father would nip it in the bud, saying, "... I have a belt buckle in the garage he can use." And like some cartoon, he'd disappear in this 7 foot pile of knick knacks. "I know I've got one in here! Just give me a second." No-one's rushing you, Dad. You'd see shit flying over top the walls of junk and, finally, "... yep!! Here it is!! Got it -- told you, I'd have it."

I love him, but I always hated that mountain of his. Just go to the store, Dad. It's not a big deal, doing that. Anyway, because of my deep-seated fear of inheriting this need to squirrel away the stupidest stockpile of stuff -- I'm not a collector, as a general rule. And I will not hesitate to throw stupid shit away, like that. Out it goes!

But stuff's still cool to me. I didn't even find out that they made life-size 3PO & R2 'statues' til long after they stopped putting them out. Having them two would be cool as all hell. But after that, I'd be over obtaining anything else STAR WARSY. Droids .... droids are C00L!!
Black Ace

Post by Black Ace »

I was kidding about the spelling, of course. I honestly don’t know how to spell many of the names, tho.

The collection, unfortunately, is very real. I wouldn’t call myself a hoarder, like what you described your father as, but I do have a massive collection of toys, posters, DVDs, CDs, Vinyl, T-shirts, books/comics...

I’m starting to feel weighed down by all of it.
Bruce

Post by Bruce »

Understood! And if you try to seperate stuff to keep or not, you won't end up getting rid of any of it. Not an enviable position to be in, having sentimental attachments to things. When you are ready, The Salvation Army will be waiting. With open hearts ... and hands.
John Connor
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by John Connor »

Bruce wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:17 am
This 'statue' beeps like mad, if you activate its rusty innards. He lights up. Otherwise, it's fully articulated, but it can't do a damn thing -- not even turn its head! You've got to pose the blessed thing. And if you've got deep pockets, it'll surely be a pleasure to own.
There are always booths at the big comic-cons & nerd conventions with a group that builds working R2 units, and they are most impressive. Always fun seeing them scooting around the convention floor, interacting with people. I mean, there's a guy close by operating it with a remote control, but it's still fun to see.
I have a photo somewhere of Artoo standing in line for a photo-op with Sir Anthony Daniels :lol:
jkiss

Post by jkiss »

Black Ace wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:59 pm Does she have low self-esteem? If so I’m interested.

Gee, I hope we aren’t trash talking a deceased woman...or a really nice sweet old lady who has aged gracefully. That would make us a couple of jerks. :D
You don't say. 🤨
Black Ace

Post by Black Ace »

:D
Bruce

Post by Bruce »

Just how pricey can STAR WARS stuff get?
According to one site:

"Far and away the most expensive piece of Star Wars memorabilia ever sold is the Panavision PR 35mm camera George Lucas used in filming A New Hope. Lucas’ camera was listed at a price of around $200,000, but ended up gaining more than three times that amount as people strove to buy a piece of movie history."

https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/533 ... %20history.
Bruce

Post by Bruce »

John Connor wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:18 am There are always booths at the big comic-cons & nerd conventions with a group that builds working R2 units, and they are most impressive. Always fun seeing them scooting around the convention floor, interacting with people. I mean, there's a guy close by operating it with a remote control, but it's still fun to see.
I have a photo somewhere of Artoo standing in line for a photo-op with Sir Anthony Daniels :lol:

Here he is rolling off of the showroom floor ...
and into our hearts!!
rico
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by rico »

Hi, i just found this thread and thought i would share some of my 2020-21 experience. My father died last year and I recovered my childhood toy collection out of the attic at my parents house. Not that we were rich or anything but i was rewarded with a lot of toys for being left to my own devices a lot. As a result I am the owner of a LARGE collection of Transformers, M.A.S.K., Action Force (GI Joe) and Star Wars 80's toys. I have spent the last year cleaning, restoring, repairing, making, customising and adding to the collection. In total I have nearly 800 figures and nearly 200 vehicles spread across the fanchises. It was never my plan to get back into this but i love them dearly and it fills my heart with joy to go into my studio/man cave and see them. Lockdown had some pretty unexpected results....

I was only really into the toys when I was younger but, over the years, I also collected DVDs/posters/Lego and all the other random bits and bobs like a few mugs, an R2 D2 phone etc etc. I also have book and tapes, vinyl records, annuals etc etc/. The guitar was built on a whim a few years ago but it's pretty cool and hey, there ya go.

The best bit about all of this was the amount of skills i have picked up in my quest to pimp my collection to the max. I have become a painter and builder and now i am making my own figures from scratch. It got me into silicone moulding and u/v glue and acrylic paints and buying styrene sheets and has allowed my already fertile imagination to run wild by turning bread trays and pot noodle tubs into vehicles and buildings. It has helped keep me sane (well, as close as i ever was) and has been very good therapy for both hands and focus.

Anyway, here are some photos of bits and bobs of the collection. They are photos i took as i was doing repairs or having an ebay splurge and i just thought i would share some of them. If anyone wants to see anymore or wants to know about the repairs , let me know. I hope you enjoy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Black Ace

Post by Black Ace »

Very cool, Rico.

Man, I used to love M.A.S.K. action figures.
Spaceace2000ric
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by Spaceace2000ric »

Some of my collection
Spaceace2000ric
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by Spaceace2000ric »

Have got most of the vehicles and playsets from 70s and 80s, at least five sets of the first twelve figures, about fifteen prop helmets...just haven't got the room to display it all.
sabresaxon
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by sabresaxon »

I have all the Topps cards/stickers and those hard-cover OT making-of books - that’s enough SW crap.