Ace Frehley - Triple Tour Pack coming!

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
Admin
Prattish Pontificator

Ace Frehley - Triple Tour Pack coming!

Post by Admin »

"Hot on the heels of his 9th full length studio album "Origins Vol.2" debuting at #1 on Billboard's Current Hard Music Albums chart (and #2 Current Rock)... and just in the nick of time for his return to the road (w/Alice Cooper) this fall, eOne issues this special limited edition, specially priced triple CD set with the last 3 albums recorded by Frehley, including fan fave appearances from Paul Stanley, Robin Zander, Slash, John 5, Lita Ford, Bruce Kulick and many more!"

https://www.amazon.com/Triple-Tour-Pack ... B099P8C5DW
OHKISSFAN
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Re: Ace Frehley - Triple Tour Pack coming!

Post by OHKISSFAN »

Nice price for all that you get! Good deal for someone that doesn't own them.
- But I'll pass since I have all those already. Ace & Eone may be taking the crown when it comes to how many times you can re-sell the same thing!
southernkiss
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by southernkiss »

OHKISSFAN wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:24 am Nice price for all that you get! Good deal for someone that doesn't own them.
- But I'll pass since I have all those already. Ace & Eone may be taking the crown when it comes to how many times you can re-sell the same thing!
They have yet to outdo Gene and Paul. LOL!
rwgriffith

Post by rwgriffith »

I already have 'em all, but that is a sweet deal for all three CDs.
pepperkitty
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by pepperkitty »

I’ll be curious to see if there will a signed version at his merch table available.
It would be cool if Ace and The Coop offered the tour poster signed.
Tallbear13

Post by Tallbear13 »

Thats a really good deal
caligari

Post by caligari »

southernkiss wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:42 am
OHKISSFAN wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:24 am Nice price for all that you get! Good deal for someone that doesn't own them.
Wrong.
Not Gene and Paul.

It’s Universal Music Group.

Same way this is sold by Eone (not Ace)
Last edited by caligari on Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
caligari

Post by caligari »

It’s called
“We printed too many and are way overstocked!”

So….

Let’s put all the overstock in a Box Set
and try to sell it off that way.
TwistedTaste
Banned

Post by TwistedTaste »

caligari wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:29 am
southernkiss wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:42 am
Wrong.
Not Gene and Paul.

It’s Universal Music Group.

Same way this is sold by Eone (not Ace)
Semantics
Glasgow Kiss

Post by Glasgow Kiss »

It seems to be the way of things these days with rock acts "of a certain age" - there's a hardcore of completists that must own every variant issued, and that's almost exclusively who these things are targeted at - witness all the recent bukkake splatter vinyl Kiss reissues.

The number of people who will be in the market to buy a three-album Ace boxset that don't already own all of the albums in some format will be miniscule.
TwistedTaste
Banned

Post by TwistedTaste »

With all this down time the next Ace album should be nearly finished (you would hope)
Can’t wait for some new music
vinniestkulick

Post by vinniestkulick »

Glasgow Kiss wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:48 am
It seems to be the way of things these days with rock acts "of a certain age" - there's a hardcore of completists that must own every variant issued, and that's almost exclusively who these things are targeted at - witness all the recent bukkake splatter vinyl Kiss reissues.

The number of people who will be in the market to buy a three-album Ace boxset that don't already own all of the albums in some format will be miniscule.
Or maybe this gets his catalog and new album back out into the market place for his tour?!? Or is that too obvious? It's not like retailers stock these things in perpetuity, anymore... plus he's playing in front of Alice fans this go round.

Mercury did something similar with KISS' catalog on the front end of the HOT IN THE SHADE tour. 4 CD'S IN A BLISTER PAK... wish I hadn't opened it!
But they've also done this:
[promo] https://www.ebay.com/itm/164969774026?h ... SwChxg9lk3

and this:
https://www.amazon.com/5-Classic-Albums ... 418&sr=8-8
Glasgow Kiss

Post by Glasgow Kiss »

vinniestkulick wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:37 pm

Or maybe this gets his catalog and new album back out into the market place for his tour?!? Or is that too obvious? It's not like retailers stock these things in perpetuity, anymore... plus he's playing in front of Alice fans this go round.

Mercury did something similar with KISS' catalog on the front end of the HOT IN THE SHADE tour. 4 CD'S IN A BLISTER PAK... wish I hadn't opened it!

and this:
I suppose so, but with an Alice/Ace tour in 2021 it's difficult to imagine there being too many people interested in going who are still at that stage where they're wondering what either of them sound like and deciding to pick up a couple of albums to find out.

In Ace's case I still think there will be more people who will be re-buying an album they already own - this time as part of a box set - than there will be first time sales to new buyers.

They'd be as well just buying a few Kiss albums anyway, because that's undoubtedly what will form the lion's share of his live set!
vinniestkulick

Post by vinniestkulick »

Glasgow Kiss wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:54 pm
vinniestkulick wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:37 pm

and this:
I suppose so, but with an Alice/Ace tour in 2021 it's difficult to imagine there being too many people interested in going who are still at that stage where they're wondering what either of them sound like and deciding to pick up a couple of albums to find out.

In Ace's case I still think there will be more people who will be re-buying an album they already own - this time as part of a box set - than there will be first time sales to new buyers.

They'd be as well just buying a few Kiss albums anyway, because that's undoubtedly what will form the lion's share of his live set!
On that last subject, I agree... I'd be psyched if he played ONE song from each of these 3 albums (and I don't mean Cold Gin); sadly I think it will be Space Truckin' and all KISS. Maybe Rock Soldiers.
AlmostRockingHuman
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by AlmostRockingHuman »

Have them already but a very good deal!
Shawn71
Banned

Post by Shawn71 »

Seems a good way to move dead stock. Put a thin box around the discs and the collectors will buy it.
aceclone
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by aceclone »

Julien wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:16 am "Hot on the heels of his 9th full length studio album "Origins Vol.2" debuting at #1 on Billboard's Current Hard Music Albums chart (and #2 Current Rock)... and just in the nick of time for his return to the road (w/Alice Cooper) this fall, eOne issues this special limited edition, specially priced triple CD set with the last 3 albums recorded by Frehley, including fan fave appearances from Paul Stanley, Robin Zander, Slash, John 5, Lita Ford, Bruce Kulick and many more!"

Is it 3 digi paks and a jewel case ("Spaceman")?
vinniestkulick

Post by vinniestkulick »

aceclone wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:29 pm
Julien wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:16 am "Hot on the heels of his 9th full length studio album "Origins Vol.2" debuting at #1 on Billboard's Current Hard Music Albums chart (and #2 Current Rock)... and just in the nick of time for his return to the road (w/Alice Cooper) this fall, eOne issues this special limited edition, specially priced triple CD set with the last 3 albums recorded by Frehley, including fan fave appearances from Paul Stanley, Robin Zander, Slash, John 5, Lita Ford, Bruce Kulick and many more!"

The 2 Origins, which were originally digi...
Spaceman... jewel
+ poster
Easy Catman

Post by Easy Catman »

TwistedTaste wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:51 am With all this down time the next Ace album should be nearly finished (you would hope)
Yes I was hoping the new material Ace album would be out and ready to promote whilst Ace was supporting Alice with his new album. A missed opportunity here I think.
TwistedTaste
Banned

Post by TwistedTaste »

Easy Catman wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:19 pm
TwistedTaste wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:51 am With all this down time the next Ace album should be nearly finished (you would hope)
Yes I was hoping the new material Ace album would be out and ready to promote whilst Ace was supporting Alice with his new album. A missed opportunity here I think.
TBH the way things are going these fall tours are going bye bye.
aceclone
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by aceclone »

vinniestkulick wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:10 am
aceclone wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:29 pm

The 2 Origins, which were originally digi...
Spaceman... jewel
+ poster
Thanks. I meant 2 digis and a jewel. I wanted to buy all 3 as digis and hoped this would save me some money, but my OCD won't let me buy this...lol