Eric Clapton Will Not Play Shows Where Proof of Vaccination is Required

A dedicated forum to discussion of other bands. Wanna talk LL Cool J? Go for it! Prince? Go for it! Spice Girls or Lady Gaga? Go for it! Don't get pigeon-holed into liking just one genre of music!
LordThurisaz
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!

Re: Eric Clapton Will Not Play Shows Where Proof of Vaccination is Required

Post by LordThurisaz »

ZachAttack wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:07 pm Remember kids: Doctors and "scientists" are infallible and incapable of being biased. They aren't influenced or paid by pharmaceutical companies at all. Accept whatever they say and don't question anything. Oh unless it's a doctor or scientist who speaks out against the vaccine...then you can just dismiss them as being a "conspiracy theorirst" and ignore anything they have to say
All worship at the throne of science and Fauci.
Grand Classic
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by Grand Classic »

ZachAttack wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:07 pm
Grand Classic wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:32 am
LordThurisaz wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:29 am
Grand Classic wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:49 am So did these fucking morons if they believed that Covid was real at all - 99.7% of new cases and 99.2% of deaths are the unvaccinated.
Okay, man. Since neither of us are going to change the others opinion, I'm not continuing this. Have a good day.
Opinion has nothing to do with it. People are blatantly ignoring facts and science. Again, 99.7% of new cases and 99.2% of deaths are the unvaccinated.
Remember kids: Doctors and "scientists" are infallible and incapable of being biased. They aren't influenced or paid by pharmaceutical companies at all. Accept whatever they say and don't question anything. Oh unless it's a doctor or scientist who speaks out against the vaccine...then you can just dismiss them as being a "conspiracy theorirst" and ignore anything they have to say
No one said that doctors and scientists aren't infallible, but they sure as shit know more than you and other fucking goobers online that think they know better.

It's no surprise that whenever you see anti-vaxxers/anti-maskers on the news or online, it's always shit kickin' hicks, the clearly uneducated or tinfoil hat conspiracy theorists that are taking a stand.

This is reality: 99.7% of new cases and 99.2% of deaths are the unvaccinated.
Chaim Wigz
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by Chaim Wigz »

Grand Classic wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:25 pm This is reality: 99.7% of new cases and 99.2% of deaths are the unvaccinated.
You still haven’t addressed my main point. How many of the new cases have previously had covid? Or to put it another way, how many people do you know who have had covid twice? Pretty rare, huh? That’s because infection causes the body’s immune response to produce antibodies, which funnily enough, is the exact same purpose of a vaccine. Science!

I’m most certainly not an ‘anti-vaxer.’ And again - as I said previously in this very thread - I believe that all vulnerable people, and those above a certain age, should take it.

My second point that appears to have been lost on all you authoritarians is this: no government or private or public company has the goddamn right to dictate to you what you should or shouldn’t put in YOUR body, and they damn well haven’t got the right to restrict the rights and freedoms you share with your fellow people, based on your personal and private life choices. At least they shouldn’t have. I’m pretty sure your great American constitution has something to say about that, too. I’m slightly envious of that, and I wish my country had one. Treasure it. If you disagree, perhaps China or North Korea might be a nice place for you to consider moving to. ;)
richardsimmons
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Location: California $leazy Tree-Huggin’ Kizz-luv’n RnR Ba$tard

Post by richardsimmons »

Mr D wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:15 pm All you anti-vaccers are the same. You think this is only about you. No one can tell you what to do. You think you are healthy enough that if you catch the virus, it's no big deal. Meanwhile, you likely infected someone else, some of those will infect others and so on. If you get through it unscathed, you think you are smart and have won the fight. If you end up in the hospital for a month, or worse infect a family member who dies, then suddenly you regret you're actions.

I respect your opinion to control your own fate except where it effects others, our healcare system, and the prolonging of this pandemic.

We have to get to heard immunity one way or another. Vaccinations will be the majority, the rest will come thru infection and natural immunity. Worldometer reports that closed cases result in a 2% death rate. That's 1 in 50. If you like those odds, go for it. Mr Clapton's opinions are not helping.
Really well put. I strongly agree. 💉👍

Tanith
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by Tanith »

ZachAttack wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:03 pm It's hilarious how people are calling him an "anti-vaxxer" when he HAD the vaccine and it screwed his arm up.

A friend of mine in the UK got the same vaccine Clapton got and had a similar reaction, only in her leg. She's had debilitating leg pain for months.
Yes, but there's any number of reasons why he had that reaction. He's not young. He's had some rather...extensive...experience with a great many chemicals. Last time I checked, he still smokes. And I think he also suffers from some form of rheumatism or other. Hell, I'm happy he's still able to tour, after the life he's led.

He's certainly entitled to speak his mind on the matter, but in this instance I think he's coming at it wrong. This edict will only hurt the venue owners (who in turn have the right to require or not require proof of vaccination, as business owners) and his fans who want to see him again. Which would be very disappointing. As I said, he's not young.
belgiankissarmy
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by belgiankissarmy »

Wow, some very hateful and short-sighted remarks here, no surprise if I look at who the posters are.
Good on Eric Clapton; in my world everyone still has the right to choose if they want a vaccine injected in their body or not.
Grand Classic

Post by Grand Classic »

belgiankissarmy wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:47 am Wow, some very hateful and short-sighted remarks here, no surprise if I look at who the posters are.
Good on Eric Clapton; in my world everyone still has the right to choose if they want a vaccine injected in their body or not.
You do have the right to choose, but you also have to accept the consequences for that choice in a world trying to contain a pandemic.
LordThurisaz

Post by LordThurisaz »

Grand Classic wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:10 am
belgiankissarmy wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:47 am Wow, some very hateful and short-sighted remarks here, no surprise if I look at who the posters are.
You do have the right to choose, but you also have to accept the consequences for that choice in a world trying to contain a pandemic.
There will never be "the pandemic is contained" goal met, because the goalposts keep changing. Besides that, it is more about compliance -- and always has been -- than health.
Grand Classic

Post by Grand Classic »

LordThurisaz wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:09 pm
There will never be "the pandemic is contained" goal met, because the goalposts keep changing. Besides that, it is more about compliance -- and always has been -- than health.
Trying to do something is better than pretending it is no big deal and it's business as usual. If it was about compliance, then people wouldn't have the choice to be unvaccinated and in many cases now - die for that choice.
belgiankissarmy
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by belgiankissarmy »

For choosing not to be vaccinated by a vaccine of which we don't even know the long-term effects? For choosing not to be vaccinated by a vaccine that can harm one's health (how tiny that chance may be). No, this is utterly unacceptable in a liberal society.
Grand Classic

Post by Grand Classic »

belgiankissarmy wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:50 pm
For choosing not to be vaccinated by a vaccine of which we don't even know the long-term effects? For choosing not to be vaccinated by a vaccine that can harm one's health (how tiny that chance may be). No, this is utterly unacceptable in a liberal society.
Everything causes cancer. You will be fine.
jconnors
Location: OHIO STATE BUCKEYES 2018 AND 2019 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Post by jconnors »

Is it FDA approved?
Grand Classic

Post by Grand Classic »

jconnors wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:13 pm Is it FDA approved?
It will happen. The process is just taking too long.

"The FDA recognizes that vaccines are key to ending the COVID-19 pandemic and is working as quickly as possible to review applications for full approval," FDA spokesperson Alison Hunt said in a statement.

But critics maintain that full approval of the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines, beyond the temporary approval that they currently have, needs to happen quicker. The argument is that the vaccine has proven to be safe and effective, and full FDA approval could increase Americans' confidence in the vaccines at a time when the country is teetering dangerously at just 50% full vaccination while up against the fast-spreading delta variant.

"I think a lot of us are baffled why the FDA is taking so long," Dr. Ashish Jha, dean of the Brown University School of Public Health, said on ABC's "Good Morning America" on Monday.

The FDA will surely approve of the vaccines, Jha said, but needed to "move a bit faster now."
KrazySwede

Post by KrazySwede »

Queen's Brian May Comments on Eric Clapton
Queen's Brian May shared some thoughts about Eric Clapton, who recently said he will not play any live shows that require attendees to show proof that they've received the COVID-19 vaccine.

"I love Eric Clapton," May said in an interview with The Independent published on Saturday (Aug. 7). "He's my hero, but he has very different views from me in many ways. He's a person who thinks it’s OK to shoot animals for fun, so we have our disagreements, but I would never stop respecting the man."

"Anti-vax people, I’m sorry, I think they’re fruitcakes," May added.
https://www.billboard.com/articles/colu ... ti-vaxxer/
Bee String
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by Bee String »

This debate is tiresome to say the least. We are on a Kiss dedicated forum talking about related music. All the discussions here about COVID and vaccination seem futile and form just random echo chambers with groups pro and anti. Not sure anyone is convinced here by any of the arguments presented.

Eric Clapton was a great musician in his time and I've seen him live, not sure I'd be interested going to hear him now other than for nostalgia reasons.
Mad Dog

Post by Mad Dog »

Are people really that crazy that one interview with Clapton will change thier point of view, it's just one interview with one gitartist. Big deal. The pandemic will continue anyway and I predict lock dows everyhere again by the end of september of this year.
SpinningAcorn
Banned
Banned

Post by SpinningAcorn »

KrazySwede wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:57 pm Queen's Brian May Comments on Eric Clapton
Queen's Brian May shared some thoughts about Eric Clapton, who recently said he will not play any live shows that require attendees to show proof that they've received the COVID-19 vaccine.

"I love Eric Clapton," May said in an interview with The Independent published on Saturday (Aug. 7). "He's my hero, but he has very different views from me in many ways. He's a person who thinks it’s OK to shoot animals for fun, so we have our disagreements, but I would never stop respecting the man."

"Anti-vax people, I’m sorry, I think they’re fruitcakes," May added.
https://www.billboard.com/articles/colu ... ti-vaxxer/
Brian May is such an idiot. He's attacking Eric who is double vaxxed and had a bad reaction.
LordThurisaz

Post by LordThurisaz »

Not everyone can afford to "hide," old rich dude.
That 70s Guy

Post by That 70s Guy »

Legsofsteel
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by Legsofsteel »

Mr D wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:15 pm All you anti-vaccers are the same. You think this is only about you. No one can tell you what to do. You think you are healthy enough that if you catch the virus, it's no big deal. Meanwhile, you likely infected someone else, some of those will infect others and so on. If you get through it unscathed, you think you are smart and have won the fight. If you end up in the hospital for a month, or worse infect a family member who dies, then suddenly you regret you're actions.

I respect your opinion to control your own fate except where it effects others, our healcare system, and the prolonging of this pandemic.

We have to get to heard immunity one way or another. Vaccinations will be the majority, the rest will come thru infection and natural immunity. Worldometer reports that closed cases result in a 2% death rate. That's 1 in 50. If you like those odds, go for it. Mr Clapton's opinions are not helping.
Hit the nail on the head with this post.
Wiped Out 78

Post by Wiped Out 78 »

richardsimmons

Post by richardsimmons »

jconnors wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:13 pm Is it FDA approved?
⬆️ Yes. & Free.
⬆️ old ass hypocrite only cares about money. Whodathunkit.
Forevertj

Post by Forevertj »

I won't take any vaccine for religious reasons. I don't care what the menu item here says.
savage_dreams

Post by savage_dreams »

Forevertj wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:08 pm I won't take any vaccine for religious reasons. I don't care what the menu item here says.
good for you, your choice. just make sure you follow through with your convictions and if you get sick go to church instead of filling up a hospital bed.
Forevertj

Post by Forevertj »

savage_dreams wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:52 am
Forevertj wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:08 pm I won't take any vaccine for religious reasons. I don't care what the menu item here says.
good for you, your choice. just make sure you follow through with your convictions and if you get sick go to church instead of filling up a hospital bed.

I don't trust the vaccine. It is a RNA resequencer. It was not approved by the FDA. It is an experimental drug. I have every right to not take it and still expect to be treated if I get covid. You don't get to decide who gets treated and why. That is not up to you.
savage_dreams

Post by savage_dreams »

Forevertj wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:38 am

I don't trust the vaccine. It is a RNA resequencer. It was not approved by the FDA. It is an experimental drug. I have every right to not take it and still expect to be treated if I get covid. You don't get to decide who gets treated and why. That is not up to you.
I thought it was against your religion? If that’s true what does the science have to do with it? Since you choose scientific reasons now,
https://www.fda.gov/news-events/press-a ... 19-vaccine
It’s approved. So what ignorant excuse is next?
richardsimmons

Post by richardsimmons »

savage_dreams wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:57 am I thought it was against your religion? If that’s true what does the science have to do with it? Since you choose scientific reasons now,
SD I like you & agree with you. 👍

Soon, American insurance companies will begin denying claims for unvaccinated fools.

My friend who is a lawyer (& politically center) texted me this. He’s right:

Every American has had the golden ticket for around 6+ months. 40% or so chose not to go into the chocolate factory.

& now they want dessert? FUCK EM.
Forevertj

Post by Forevertj »

savage_dreams wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:57 am
Forevertj wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:38 am

I thought it was against your religion? If that’s true what does the science have to do with it? Since you choose scientific reasons now,

It's both. There is nothing ignorant about it. You have no right to insult me. I have never done that to you. Grow up and accept that some people feel differently than you.

The FDA approved it to get people to take it, not because it was worth approving. Everyone knows that.

Accept my opinion and move on. I respect yours, you respect mine.