Most interesting/unique items to have signed

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
torgotheme
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Most interesting/unique items to have signed

Post by torgotheme »

What's the most unique, interesting, or funny item you've had a member sign (or one you've seen signed)? Maybe something that made them light up or have a laugh. I wonder if Peter has ever had to sign the "imposter" issue of the Star tabloid. Let's avoid "Ace signing a Tommy photo" trolling-style posts please. I want some good stuff.

Photos get bonus points.
southernkiss
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Re: Most interesting/unique items to have signed

Post by southernkiss »

On the Farewell Tour, I attended a show where a member of the audience passed up his prosthetic leg. Each band member signed it and handed it back to him.

Ahhhh…the days before paid meet and greets! LOL!
torgotheme
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by torgotheme »

^ Great one. I saw that in the "Second Coming" documentary.
southernkiss

Post by southernkiss »

torgotheme wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:22 pm ^ Great one. I saw that in the "Second Coming" documentary.
The one from the Second Coming was from a different show. I do not know if it was the same person or not.
southernkiss

Post by southernkiss »

I think I once saw a picture of Paul Stanley tattooing his signature into someone's arm.
southernkiss

Post by southernkiss »

On everythingkiss.com, there is a fan who has all four Mego dolls signed (if I remember correctly).
rwgriffith
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by rwgriffith »

I was at the show on the Reunion/Alive Worldwide when a guy passed his prosthetic leg to the band. It was in the great city of Cincinnati in August of 1996.
PsychoElder

Post by PsychoElder »

rwgriffith wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:50 pm I was at the show on the Reunion/Alive Worldwide when a guy passed his prosthetic leg to the band. It was in the great city of Cincinnati in August of 1996.
I was at that show!
rwgriffith
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by rwgriffith »

PsychoElder wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:23 pm
rwgriffith wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:50 pm I was at the show on the Reunion/Alive Worldwide when a guy passed his prosthetic leg to the band. It was in the great city of Cincinnati in August of 1996.
I was at that show!
Hell, yes!! The opening band was D-Generation. It was an awesome night!
firekiss
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by firekiss »

We got Paul to sign his Dressed to Kill Gruntz figure box.
I've always wanted a Paul Stanley firehouse helmet, but could never afford one (or trust authenticity after the debacle about 10 or 15 years ago), so, being a firefighter I decided to get that signed.

The helmet I wore for the first 10 years of my career now has signatures on it from Gene, Paul, Ace, Peter, Bruce, Eric Singer and Tommy.
L1

Post by L1 »

firekiss wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:35 am We got Paul to sign his Dressed to Kill Gruntz figure box.
I've always wanted a Paul Stanley firehouse helmet, but could never afford one (or trust authenticity after the debacle about 10 or 15 years ago), so, being a firefighter I decided to get that signed.

The helmet I wore for the first 10 years of my career now has signatures on it from Gene, Paul, Ace, Peter, Bruce, Eric Singer and Tommy.
Very cool!
Kissoff
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Kissoff »

My late friend had Gene kiss card blown up into a pic and said Gene did a double take when he had it signed.
Kissoff
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Kissoff »

firekiss wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:35 am We got Paul to sign his Dressed to Kill Gruntz figure box.

What was the debacle 10 15 years ago
firekiss
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by firekiss »

Kissoff wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:53 am

What was the debacle 10 15 years ago
A reputable Kiss seller got caught selling fake firehouse helmets. Tried to deny it but the evidence was overwhelming.
Ara78
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by Ara78 »

One of the 80's Kerrang! mags had a nice full page pic of Eric Carr sitting, holding a Corona bottle. The mag's a good size, A4 paper format I think, and I cut out the picture. When KISS came to town in '92ish I asked them to sign it.

It was a downer, I knew it was going to be dicey going in. They all saw it at the same time and I remember each's reaction. Paul didn't want to go there. Gene was thoughtful, and also held off. Bruce said some nice things about Eric and signed. Eric Singer was positive and signed. It helped that I told him The Eternal Idol was a top album for me.

Gene signed, said a word to Paul and Paul signed. Yeah I have an EC picture with the Revenge-era sigs.
torgotheme
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by torgotheme »

^ Great story.
ludzil

Post by ludzil »

Signed Books:

Adam Smith - Wealth Of Nations
David Cutts/Jean Chandler - I Can Read About “Creatures of the Night”

Both were GREAT conversation pieces.
GeneSemens
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by GeneSemens »

I have a football signed by Gene, Paul, Tommy, and Eric. When they announced the LA Kiss arena football team, they held a contest and I won the football. Not exactly an item I'd care to have signed by Kiss, but it's funny nonetheless.
Last edited by GeneSemens on Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
peterparker78
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by peterparker78 »

Bruce Kulick: Nottingham, UK photo + signed UK Asylum album cover, cassette, as easier to fit in my jacket pocket, plus VHS video cover for his 'Bruce Kulick Guitar Masterclass" I think it's called. He said "wow I haven't seen one of those in a while", I said it was good to meet him and jokingly said he seemed a bit fed up. He replied "It's not that, I'm happy to be here I'm just hungry and tired, I've been up since 6am or so", I said "well thanks for coming I'm sure everyone appreciates the effort, good to meet you", he said "thanks" again and carried on singing for another hour or so, not a word of complaint, not even to those who seemed to bring their entire collection :shock: . Seriously nice guy :) .

Bill Aucoin: photo + 1st, Kiss album, cassette cover & again Nottingham, UK. I told him "thanks a lot for your signature and thanks a lot for (arguably) 'making' Kiss, given me a lot of enjoyment", he replied, "thanks to you too, glad to hear it". Another seriously nice guy :) ....
Eddie Van Hazel
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by Eddie Van Hazel »

Back in the 90's, there was councilman in my town who's last name was "Criss".

He had these big signs posted all over town that said "Vote CRISS For Council!"..Needless to say, Election Day
came and went and he didn't win the council position. So I spotted one of the big signs (on the ground) and I took it.

A few years later when I met Peter, I brought the sign to him and had him autograph it.

When he saw it, his face lit up, he smiled and said: "Holy s#it!..This is cool man!..Where did you get this?"

I told him the story and he got a kick out of it...He was also cool enough to let me get a photo of us together while he signed it.
Tito

Post by Tito »

peterparker78 wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:59 am Bruce Kulick: Nottingham, UK photo + signed UK Asylum album cover, cassette, as easier to fit in my jacket pocket, plus VHS video cover for his 'Bruce Kulick Guitar Masterclass" I think it's called. He said "wow I haven't seen one of those in a while", I said it was good to meet him and jokingly said he seemed a bit fed up. He replied "It's not that, I'm happy to be here I'm just hungry and tired, I've been up since 6am or so", I said "well thanks for coming I'm sure everyone appreciates the effort, good to meet you", he said "thanks" again and carried on singing for another hour or so, not a word of complaint, not even to those who seemed to bring their entire collection :shock: . Seriously nice guy :) .
I was once part of a limited meet & greet with him with only about a dozen people there (I won a raffle to be there). I think I had about 10 albums with me, he signed them all. Some had more than I did. Even then at the end he made sure everyone was happy and had everything they needed before he left. Super cool guy.
gappvembe

Post by gappvembe »

The story goes, that this banner was supposed to be shipped from store to store to where near KISS was playing. For some reason this one didn't get shipped off, so upper management got the ok to sell it. It's a silky type banner. I think I paid $40 for it. So that has been my thing to get signed. Peter in September! Gene had never seen it. I offered to give it to him, but he didn't take it. Gene was before the grand opening of the Coffee house. Another fan tipped us to where Gene was likely to be. Then the next day, he threw his signature on it again.

I actually many years later (maybe in the last 3), finally saw another on eBay. I snatched it up. Only 2 I know of. I'm sure there are more, but never see them for sale.
torgotheme
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by torgotheme »

^ Very cool, thanks for sharing!!
AxlisKing
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by AxlisKing »

When I was in college in Chicago in 97, G&P did the Mancow show one morning to push Carnival of Souls. I skipped class and went down to the Hancock building with my Paul Alive II poster and Gene 76 rose poster. There were 3 other people out there. When they came out after, Paul told me to 'get f@cked' and kept walking. Gene saw that and told me to walk with him, grabbed the poster, and signed it upside down on top of his face. I thanked him and told him I cut class to meet them, and had seen numerous shows since HITS He gave a half smile and told me to go back to class. The poster was a great conversation piece.
southernkiss

Post by southernkiss »

AxlisKing wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:25 pm When I was in college in Chicago in 97, G&P did the Mancow show one morning to push Carnival of Souls. I skipped class and went down to the Hancock building with my Paul Alive II poster and Gene 76 rose poster. There were 3 other people out there. When they came out after, Paul told me to 'get f@cked' and kept walking. Gene saw that and told me to walk with him, grabbed the poster, and signed it upside down on top of his face. I thanked him and told him I cut class to meet them, and had seen numerous shows since HITS He gave a half smile and told me to go back to class. The poster was a great conversation piece.
I am sorry that Paul was so rude to you. That is great Gene signed the poster for you! LOL that he told you to go back to class!
AxlisKing
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by AxlisKing »

southernkiss wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:44 pm
AxlisKing wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:25 pm When I was in college in Chicago in 97, G&P did the Mancow show one morning to push Carnival of Souls. I skipped class and went down to the Hancock building with my Paul Alive II poster and Gene 76 rose poster. There were 3 other people out there. When they came out after, Paul told me to 'get f@cked' and kept walking. Gene saw that and told me to walk with him, grabbed the poster, and signed it upside down on top of his face. I thanked him and told him I cut class to meet them, and had seen numerous shows since HITS He gave a half smile and told me to go back to class. The poster was a great conversation piece.
I am sorry that Paul was so rude to you. That is great Gene signed the poster for you! LOL that he told you to go back to class!
Haha, thanks...I laugh at it now but was pretty down for a few days after. I've never hung out at a hotel or after a show for an autograph, but I knew it could happen. I figured I was in the clear because there was barely anyone there. I had already seen 4 or 5 reunion shows at that point and had tix for two more Lost Cities shows, but I didn't let it bother me too much. I just figured Paul was having a bad day. Up to that point, I had in my head that Gene would be the one to do that, but he very nice. I generally back him when people say how bad of a person he is because of it.
Kissoff
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Kissoff »

Eddie Van Hazel wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:10 am Back in the 90's, there was councilman in my town who's last name was "Criss".

He had these big signs posted all over town that said "Vote CRISS For Council!"..Needless to say, Election Day
came and went and he didn't win the council position. So I spotted one of the big signs (on the ground) and I took it.

A few years later when I met Peter, I brought the sign to him and had him autograph it.

When he saw it, his face lit up, he smiled and said: "Holy s#it!..This is cool man!..Where did you get this?"

I told him the story and he got a kick out of it...He was also cool enough to let me get a photo of us together while he signed it.
Great job start to finish!!!
ZachAttack

Post by ZachAttack »

AxlisKing wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:03 pm
southernkiss wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:44 pm
Haha, thanks...I laugh at it now but was pretty down for a few days after. I've never hung out at a hotel or after a show for an autograph, but I knew it could happen. I figured I was in the clear because there was barely anyone there. I had already seen 4 or 5 reunion shows at that point and had tix for two more Lost Cities shows, but I didn't let it bother me too much. I just figured Paul was having a bad day. Up to that point, I had in my head that Gene would be the one to do that, but he very nice. I generally back him when people say how bad of a person he is because of it.
Paul might have thought you were a paparazzi. They stand there with a stack of photos and try to get them all signed so they can sell them on ebay, or they hold up a pick guard and get it signed then put it on some cheap shitty guitar to sell online (that's why ebay is full of that junk)

Ive always said Gene is a nice guy who wants everyone to think he's an asshole and Paul is an asshole who wants everyone to think he's a nice guy
joma5477
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by joma5477 »

In my teenaged stalker years, I went to KISS' hotel the day after the show to meet them. When Gene came down to get on the bus, he stopped and signed all our shit for us and was cool. When Paul came down he walked right past us and straight to the bus. I guess on the bright side, he didn't swear at us...
Homer Simpson

Post by Homer Simpson »

Ara78 wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 3:48 am Yeah I have an EC picture with the Revenge-era sigs.
Well that's better than the Revenge CD "autographed" by Eric Carr that was on eBay a long time ago. :lol:
mike115
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by mike115 »

I remember getting the HITS Tour program signed by the band at the HMV in Cardiff in 92. ES quiered it because it was the program from the previous US tour and the photos all were withh EC. I got the main stage spread signed and pointed out that it was the program being sold at the UK shows for the tour. So a bit odd but it was what the band were selling at the time for the tour. The program now resides with a collector in the US.