Who’s got their Dubai DVD yet?

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
alanrosembung
Banned
Banned

Who’s got their Dubai DVD yet?

Post by alanrosembung »

It’s been six months.
wayfarer
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Re: Who’s got their Dubai DVD yet?

Post by wayfarer »

I've been wondering about this myself...the tentative shipping date was May-June wasn't it?...
KingOfHearts89
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by KingOfHearts89 »

It took 2 years for KISS Rocks Vegas to come out, and that's full of mistakes in terms of video and music sync.
pete1699
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by pete1699 »

Maybe what they can do is change the title to “Kiss 2021 Goodbye” and then since concerts and people are returning, maybe add a fake audience so it looks like a normal show.
😜
Glasgow Kiss
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Glasgow Kiss »

alanrosembung wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:54 pm It’s been six months.
Closer to seven months now. I did wonder about it myself recently...it's safe to assume that while numbers-wise it wasn't a total bust, the Dubai show didn't do as well as anticipated...we've heard very little about it since. It was in the T&Cs that subscribers would get a copy of the show though and it's surprising it's not come out yet - apart from splicing in the flubbed intro, there shouldn't be THAT much they need to do with it.
Julien
EXP20240130

Post by Julien »

Getting rid of Guinness Guy seamlessly is a Guinness worthy challenge.
TwistedTaste
Banned
Banned

Post by TwistedTaste »

Tommy’s still busy moving Gene’s crap to Vegas
Tito
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by Tito »

Who the heck wants one? :scratch:
Sssnakester
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by Sssnakester »

Renting that show is probably the biggest KISS regret I have. Horrible.
Sssnakester

Post by Sssnakester »

Tito wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:37 am Who the heck wants one? :scratch:
100% wouldn't take one if it were given to me.
Julien
EXP20240130

Post by Julien »

Those who paid for one?
Tito

Post by Tito »

Julien wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:17 am
Those who paid for one?
There is that, assuming of course money back is no longer an option, perhaps.
kwf484
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by kwf484 »

Wasn't there supposed to be a vinyl pressing too?
Julien
EXP20240130

Post by Julien »

kwf484 wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:25 am Wasn't there supposed to be a vinyl pressing too?
There were a whole lot of promises that haven't been delivered on.

Platinum VIP includes 14 event exclusive and limited edition items.

- Access to the KISS 2020 Goodbye live stream on December 31st, 2020
- 30 Days of replay VOD rights
- Limited edition T-Shirt for the event
- Limited edition Hoodie for the event
- Commemorative VIP laminate
- Limited edition DVD/ Blu Ray w/ 16 page book
- Kiss 2020 Goodbye limited edition poster autographed by the band
- Collectible, numbered KISS 2020 Goodbye engraved metal ticket (only 2500 made)
- Digital Video Download of the show
- Limited edition vinyl record set (180 gram)
- Name in the DVD/ Blu Ray and live stream credits
- KISS 2020 Goodbye Guitar Picks
- KISS 2020 Goodbye Drum Sticks
- KISS 2020 Goodbye Face mask
- Official KISS 2020 Goodbye Crew shirt from the show (were made exclusively for the crew at the event)
- 2 tickets to a screening in Spring 2021 when the show runs in movie theaters (cities TBD)
Supertrooper
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Supertrooper »

At least KISS makes Ros Radley and his "Magic" look less worse. Maybe they actually have had a meeting?!
Tito

Post by Tito »

I understand KISS fans have a reputation for being suckers. It's all been taken to new levels lately though. I still don't have my preordered Off The Soundboard either.
John Connor
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by John Connor »

Tito wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:49 am I understand KISS fans have a reputation for being suckers. It's all been taken to new levels lately though. I still don't have my preordered Off The Soundboard either.
I just got my Tokyo OTS CD yesterday. Pre-ordered from Wal-Mart, but it went out of stock before they could ship it. I have no idea how that happened, but it did. Canceled that order. I was checking out with it at Amazon when they offered me a free month of Prime. Accepted that offer, and I had the CD from them in less than 24 hours. Pretty sure that's the fastest I've ever gotten anything from Amazon.
Goady
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by Goady »

John Connor wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:27 am
Tito wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:49 am I understand KISS fans have a reputation for being suckers. It's all been taken to new levels lately though. I still don't have my preordered Off The Soundboard either.
I just got my Tokyo OTS CD yesterday. Pre-ordered from Wal-Mart, but it went out of stock before they could ship it. I have no idea how that happened, but it did. Canceled that order. I was checking out with it at Amazon when they offered me a free month of Prime. Accepted that offer, and I had the CD from them in less than 24 hours. Pretty sure that's the fastest I've ever gotten anything from Amazon.
I have had several Walmart pre-orders cancelled due to lack of stock on release day. Even when I have pre-ordered within an hour of a pre-sale starting (eg. Avenged Sevenfold - The Stage vinyl). Very annoying!!
moshpitwookie
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by moshpitwookie »

I just got mine from KISSonline delivered on Monday. I preordered it back in April.
woodworm001
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by woodworm001 »

Ross Radley must be the producer!
Tito

Post by Tito »

moshpitwookie wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:29 am
I just got mine from KISSonline delivered on Monday. I preordered it back in April.
My order now says "release date" July 7th. Fuck that all over the place. I'm actually considering cancelling it completely, this has left a bad taste.
joma5477
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by joma5477 »

Tito wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:16 am
My order now says "release date" July 7th. Fuck that all over the place. I'm actually considering cancelling it completely, this has left a bad taste.
Is there another online retailer you could order from that has it in stock and ships to you for a reasonable price? If so, why have you not already canceled?
Tito

Post by Tito »

joma5477 wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:21 am
Is there another online retailer you could order from that has it in stock and ships to you for a reasonable price? If so, why have you not already canceled?
I haven't looked into it. It's a hassle, which I preordered to avoid. I'm starting to wonder if I want this record this much.
vinniestkulick
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by vinniestkulick »

Julien wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:23 am Getting rid of Guinness Guy seamlessly is a Guinness worthy challenge.
Good one. :salut:
joma5477
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by joma5477 »

Tito wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:24 am I haven't looked into it. It's a hassle, which I preordered to avoid. I'm starting to wonder if I want this record this much.
Understandably frustrating. Hard to say for you being in another country and your ordering options...but if I didn't already have it, knowing what I know now, I'd probably wait another month or two for the price to drop on Amazon. My hunch is the vinyl will be available for around $30 there soon enough since sales sound to be rather shitty.
Kiss-Army-Sergeant
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by Kiss-Army-Sergeant »

Gotta admit that I was disappointed with the Dubai show. I mean at this point, you've seen one KISS show, you've seen them all. Same basic set list, same bells and whistles. Would it hurt them to change something up once in a while and throw in a surprise or two?
Last edited by Kiss-Army-Sergeant on Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tito

Post by Tito »

Kiss-Army-Sergeant wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:51 am Gotta admit hat I was disappointed with the Dubai show. I mean at this point, you've seen one KISS show, you've seen them all. Same basic set list, same bells and whistles. Would it hurt them to change something up once in a while and throw in a surprise or two?
Somebody mentioning "Strutter" in 3, 2, 1...
moshpitwookie
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by moshpitwookie »

Did you order it with something else? When I ordered the Shout It Out Loud single it was sent out two weeks late because the Shout It Out Loud T shirt wasn't ready yet. That was the excuse, anyway.
Kiss-Army-Sergeant
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by Kiss-Army-Sergeant »

Tito wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:01 am
Kiss-Army-Sergeant wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:51 am Gotta admit hat I was disappointed with the Dubai show. I mean at this point, you've seen one KISS show, you've seen them all. Same basic set list, same bells and whistles. Would it hurt them to change something up once in a while and throw in a surprise or two?
I don't think Strutter was planned. And one off the cuff addition does not change an entire show for me.
BagBoy
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by BagBoy »

Not yet, but considering a Magic book is still in the process, I am willing to bet we’ll see this first. Patience.
Tito

Post by Tito »

Kiss-Army-Sergeant wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:30 am
Tito wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:01 am
I don't think Strutter was planned. And one off the cuff addition does not change an entire show for me.
I'm fully agreeing with you.
gene therapist

Post by gene therapist »

DVD in 2021 and no Blu Ray? Upscaled standard definition on a 4K TV is unwatchable.
B5Erik
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Location: www.VistaRecords.us & Vista Records Radio on YouTube

Post by B5Erik »

I don't think I'd want a Dubai DVD/Blu Ray even if it were free. I heard the audio. No, thanks.

For me, KISS last worthwhile tour was in 2014.

I won't buy tickets to see a band with a singer who lip syncs half of his vocals. And I certainly won't buy a live video of that guy lip syncing.

KISS is done. The EOTR tour should have been the 2014 tour. They played great on that tour and had an amazing stage show. After that it's been diminishing returns as the band has gotten older and older. They are now ELDERly KISS. Not a pretty sight or sound.
Kissoff
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by Kissoff »

Waiting on the laserdisk.
Homer Simpson

Post by Homer Simpson »

Promising a DVD and not delivering...how long before Vinnie sues Kiss for stealing his idea?
pete1699
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by pete1699 »

Yeah I have to admit, I’ve lost my interest in thi since I ordered the gold package. And I’m not a negative Nancy. I did enjoy the show, but the setlist was the same basically and it just has lost its luster for me at this point.
gothunder

Post by gothunder »

B5Erik wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:44 am I don't think I'd want a Dubai DVD/Blu Ray even if it were free. I heard the audio. No, thanks.

For me, KISS last worthwhile tour was in 2014.

I won't buy tickets to see a band with a singer who lip syncs half of his vocals. And I certainly won't buy a live video of that guy lip syncing.

KISS is done. The EOTR tour should have been the 2014 tour. They played great on that tour and had an amazing stage show. After that it's been diminishing returns as the band has gotten older and older. They are now ELDERly KISS. Not a pretty sight or sound.
I hear ya bro.
kmints5723
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by kmints5723 »

Julien wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:27 am
kwf484 wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:25 am Wasn't there supposed to be a vinyl pressing too?
There were a whole lot of promises that haven't been delivered on.
I got the less expensive package. we were told (promised?) we would receive over the months, if I remember correctly, video updates about the various stages of production.
pete1699
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by pete1699 »

Kiss needed to pull off something special to make this appetizing and they didn’t. A special setlist or something for a one off event like this is a must. Like Kiss Unplugged. What makes that special is not just that Ace and Peter were there for 4 songs; but also the amazing setlist and the musicianship of the whole night. They could have done so many cool things to make this a show fans want to have.
Legsofsteel
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by Legsofsteel »

pete1699 wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:40 pm Kiss needed to pull off something special to make this appetizing and they didn’t. A special setlist or something for a one off event like this is a must. Like Kiss Unplugged. What makes that special is not just that Ace and Peter were there for 4 songs; but also the amazing setlist and the musicianship of the whole night. They could have done so many cool things to make this a show fans want to have.
This.
rwgriffith
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by rwgriffith »

pete1699 wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:40 pm Kiss needed to pull off something special to make this appetizing and they didn’t. A special setlist or something for a one off event like this is a must. Like Kiss Unplugged. What makes that special is not just that Ace and Peter were there for 4 songs; but also the amazing setlist and the musicianship of the whole night. They could have done so many cool things to make this a show fans want to have.
I agree-Even just taking out 4 songs and putting in 4 more that were rare or never performed would have had some of the die hard happy! I passed on it and I hate that I did, but it was obvious that KISS was not gonna bring in anything to make it special. I am glad for the ones who enjoyed it, but is wasn't for me. 😥
alanrosembung
Banned
Banned

Post by alanrosembung »

Gene said point blank in the promo they would be doing rare songs.
pete1699
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by pete1699 »

I mean imagine if they like for instance opened with Exciter and then went into Deuce? And then came back with like Tonight You Belong to Me? And just played so many rare things, but still had room for the obligatory songs like Detroit Rock City, Shout it Out Loud. Love Gun , I was made for lovin you etc etc . We would all have been salivating over this Blu day and mad if you didn’t order it. They could have played like the 10-12 songs they have to play and then peppered the set with 8-10 rare songs that make die hards want to whip out their credit cards. I mean there was basically no audience so they can’t use the excuse of well, no one knows this song or that song ….because no one was there anyway!
alanrosembung
Banned
Banned

Post by alanrosembung »

Well. Something like that is never going to happen in a million years.

But, could they have done Ladies Room and something like Wall of Sound or All for the Love of RNR in the middle of the set? Sure.

That’s all they needed to do.
Man of a Thousand Aces

Post by Man of a Thousand Aces »

TwistedTaste wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:36 am Tommy’s still busy moving Gene’s crap to Vegas
:D :D :D
Vandelay Industries

Post by Vandelay Industries »

Kiss changed the lyrics to a couple of songs, which by their standards is a setlist shakeup.
Andy Capp

Post by Andy Capp »

Old Andy wants the dvd\blu ray asap----
Kissoff
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by Kissoff »

woodworm001 wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:14 am Ross Radley must be the producer!
Now that's a good one!!! Hilarious 🤣
rwgriffith
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by rwgriffith »

Yeah, just a few song changes would have been great. Let Gene, Tommy, and Eric take a few tunes!
Stanley! You look so cute
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Stanley! You look so cute »

Nice idea but the Dubai concert was purely a promotional piece for the Dubai tourist board, Kiss were just the house band fulfilling a contract. Watch the footage of the band and interviews before the concert was streamed, it's just a long promo for Dubai. And yes they gave the impression of playing Strutter off the cuff, but we all know that was as planned and choreographed as the blood spitting.

You have to remember that KISS is Gene and Paul's business and their jobs. They play for money, not for the pleasure of playing music. Performing rarities means nothing to them if they don't translate directly into $$$.

Dubai was all about the purse. Suggesting they start with Exciter gave me a good laugh, though.