Doc says Ace is likely to show up on End of Road Tour

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
lord71
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Re: Doc says Ace is likely to show up on End of Road Tour

Post by lord71 »

nibbler1982 wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 8:49 pm Paul and Gene will do whatever they want.

Ace & Peter will take what they give them.

Hey...it worked for the Reunion.
It didn't work for the A&E documentary...
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

Spiritual_Chaos wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 6:30 am
nibbler1982 wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 6:21 am I say if Paul and Gene offer anything it’ll be accepted.

Ace has been begging for years and has shown he will play for peanuts.

We also know that Peter has accepted a SEVENTY FIVE PERCENT pay cut from KISS for World Domination.

No leverage.

No payoff.
You don't seem to understand what Ace has been "begging" for.

Your logic don't check out.
Begging to a member of KISS again.

He went as far as catering to Paul’s vanity having him record a song and video for Origins (after consistently labeling him a addict, fuck up, and contributing nothing in the press mind you).

Nextly being an even worse errand boy than Tommy Thayer could ever be following Gene for a year on tour and with the Vault fiasco (after consistently labeling him a addict, fuck up, and contributing nothing in the press mind you).

My logic is dead red.
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

lord71 wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 6:47 am
nibbler1982 wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 8:49 pm Paul and Gene will do whatever they want.

Paul and Gene didn’t ask.
HOFCity
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by HOFCity »

Wait till we see the numbers for these shows once this Tour resumes.

It will put a final dagger into any possibility of a new album, give Nibbs a chubby and make it even harder for the chance of Ace and Peter to show up for even one show because GREED will rear it's ugly face again.

Shame
jannep17
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by jannep17 »

I don't think I want to see Ace or Peter in spandex again. Gene has to have his bulky ninja turtle costume to hide his gut. In that respect, you have to give kudos to Paul for staying fit.
41Mets
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by 41Mets »

nibbler1982 wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 7:22 am
nibbler1982 wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 6:21 am I say if Paul and Gene offer anything it’ll be accepted.

We also know that Peter has accepted a SEVENTY FIVE PERCENT pay cut from KISS for World Domination.

No leverage.

No payoff.

He went as far as catering to Paul’s vanity having him record a song and video for Origins (after consistently labeling him a addict, fuck up, and contributing nothing in the press mind you).

Nextly being an even worse errand boy than Tommy Thayer could ever be following Gene for a year on tour and with the Vault fiasco (after consistently labeling him a addict, fuck up, and contributing nothing in the press mind you).

My logic is dead red.
I agree on Frehley. He will talk tough on Eddie Trunk and it's because they didn't bring him back as he had hoped after the Kruise. He wanted back in Kiss, he is not getting it ever again.

Peter is a different story. He is content staying away, but will consider a decent offer.

Hope all is well my friend
Rockandrolloverman
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Rockandrolloverman »

No leverage.

No payoff.
75% cut? Wow I never knew that! And whatever they pay him will be more than he’s making now

Same for Ace

a “ less than expected “ income and getting to play in front of a humongous audience, is better than NO income and NOT playing in front of A humongous audience

I’m still saying that they both will show up, yes
Tito
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Tito »

41Mets wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 10:47 am Peter is a different story. He is content staying away, but will consider a decent offer.
So you're his spokesperson?
41Mets
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by 41Mets »

Tito wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 10:50 am
41Mets wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 10:47 am Peter is a different story. He is content staying away, but will consider a decent offer.
Let's just say your totally unnecessary snarky response aside, I would not say anything on the board if I did not have it on good word. Was sharing some things I heard, take it for what you want.

Maybe you can put this together since you decided to be such a smart-ass and it will make sense: Gene reached out to Peter for the Vault experience personally and sent him a very warm invite. Peter showed up. It has to be done respectfully and that was.
Lofton23rdSt

Post by Lofton23rdSt »

No appearances by Ace and Peter.
Spiritual_Chaos

Post by Spiritual_Chaos »

No leverage.

No payoff.

My logic is dead red.
No. Your logic is still way off.

Begging to be a member of KISS =/= joining in for a song or two with Tommy Thayer in the makeup next to you.

And when did he follow Gene on tour for a year(?)
Tito
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Tito »

41Mets wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 11:02 am
Let's just say your totally unnecessary snarky response aside, I would not say anything on the board if I did not have it on good word. Was sharing some things I heard, take it for what you want.
You could've said all that instead of just throwing that out there. As I'm sure you're aware, we've seen quite a few cases of people pretending to be in the know.
41Mets
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by 41Mets »

Tito wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 12:49 pm
41Mets wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 11:02 am
You could've said all that instead of just throwing that out there. As I'm sure you're aware, we've seen quite a few cases of people pretending to be in the know.
I'll post what I want however I do it, you take it for what you want. I have been on here a long time and I don't bullshit like that.
Stanley! You look so cute

Post by Stanley! You look so cute »

From the linked article, Doc thinks that there's a chance Peter will play:

"McGhee continues, "Will Ace ever show up? Sure, he'll show up. Peter [Criss] hopefully will show up. Everybody's invited to the party of KISS. We haven't had that many band members in KISS. Since I've been there, there's been four — two different ones — and that's it. But KISS is KISS. So, whether you said, 'Oh, well, I don't think that there could be another 007 [besides] Sean Connery?' Well, there is. There's been five of 'em. People wanna see 007. Mickey Mouse is fucking 100 years old. I think KISS will be one of those things that will go on forever."

Feels like either Doc is a sock puppet for Paul and Gene or the other way around. Whatever, KISS' inner circle is culty and reminds me of the Human Centipede, all swallowing each others' shit endlessly.

I don't think Pete and Ace will ever appear with the band again unless it's at a M+G where they don't have to be in costume and part of the choreographed stage show. It's just too complicated to get them up even for an encore and would look weird however they did it.

It's also completely unnecessary at this point and won't sell any extra tickets - that ship has long since sailed.
Tito
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Tito »

Stanley! You look so cute wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 1:02 pm It's also completely unnecessary at this point and won't sell any extra tickets - that ship has long since sailed.
Also, if you look at the Dubai footage, it's clear Tommy and Eric are the only ones who can still properly do what they're there to do. At this point, it's very hard to imagine the original four on stage amounting to anything other than a complete train wreck.
Ack66
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by Ack66 »

Even if Ace showed up in costume and makeup...what costume? The one Tommy wears is original to him. Ace wouldn’t wear that costume. Would we have Destroyer Ace with modern KISS?
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

Spiritual_Chaos wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 12:29 pm

No leverage.

No payoff.

My logic is dead red.

Begging to be a member of KISS =/= joining in for a song or two with Tommy Thayer in the makeup next to you.

Don’t blame me that you can’t comprehend the current situation.

As for the following Gene?

In January 2018 Ace started playing good lap dog by showing up for Gene’s Vaults.

He then follows Gene to Australia in August and September.

Nextly in October and November he joins The KISS Kruise to conveniently help them announce the End Of The Road tour.

For 2018 he played good ex-girlfriend all year long begging for one more chance.

A few weeks later when he realized all was for naught the gloves came off.

Ooof.

So unbecoming.
Doose

Post by Doose »

Gene and Ace are the only two members who can still perform and play live.

Peter's arms are shot.

Paul's voice is shot.

The original 4 reforming as a powerhouse is a dream long gone, unfortunately.

I think I'd rather see a Gene and Ace version of KISS, with Paul and Peter replacements.
Stanley! You look so cute

Post by Stanley! You look so cute »

Doose wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 2:28 pm Gene and Ace are the only two members who can still perform and play live.

Peter's arms are shot.

Paul's voice is shot.

I think I'd rather see a Gene and Ace version of KISS, with Paul and Peter replacements.
Gene and Ace with Gene's solo band, no makeup. Yes please.
whitesnake7575
Banned

Post by whitesnake7575 »

TheSpoiler wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 6:12 am
If I was in A&P's position, I'd do it for free, and get my final moment in front of a Kiss audience. If for nothing else, it would do their legacy a world of good to get one last hurrah. But if they won't do it because "the money isn't right", well.......
Sometimes things are better left as memories. Ace has this big legend status as iconic player. If he turns up and plays like he did on the Kruise a few years ago he’ll piss all over his legacy totally.

Even if he shows up and just plays exactly as he used to 96-01, people will say he’s bad.
41Mets
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by 41Mets »

Stanley! You look so cute wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 1:02 pm From the linked article, Doc thinks that there's a chance Peter will play:

"McGhee continues, "Will Ace ever show up? Sure, he'll show up. Peter [Criss] hopefully will show up. Everybody's invited to the party of KISS. We haven't had that many band members in KISS. Since I've been there, there's been four — two different ones — and that's it. But KISS is KISS. So, whether you said, 'Oh, well, I don't think that there could be another 007 [besides] Sean Connery?' Well, there is. There's been five of 'em. People wanna see 007. Mickey Mouse is fucking 100 years old. I think KISS will be one of those things that will go on forever."

Feels like either Doc is a sock puppet for Paul and Gene or the other way around. Whatever, KISS' inner circle is culty and reminds me of the Human Centipede, all swallowing each others' shit endlessly.

I don't think Pete and Ace will ever appear with the band again unless it's at a M+G where they don't have to be in costume and part of the choreographed stage show. It's just too complicated to get them up even for an encore and would look weird however they did it.

It's also completely unnecessary at this point and won't sell any extra tickets - that ship has long since sailed.
Reading his book, Peter clearly hates Doc, so I wouldn't take much from that.

It would sell some extra tix, but would not be some sort of massively increased gate either.

As evidenced by his two Farewell shows, Peter can still play a one-off pretty good.

The best way to assure a good gate, and even play a stadium, is to have other artists involved who were Kiss fans playing too: Lenny Kravitz, Dave Grohl, Garth Brooks etc.
lord71

Post by lord71 »

Nope. Gene has tweeted this. They asked and A&P declined.
lord71

Post by lord71 »

Stanley! You look so cute wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 2:31 pm
Doose wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 2:28 pm Gene and Ace are the only two members who can still perform and play live.

Peter's arms are shot.

Paul's voice is shot.

Gene and Ace with Gene's solo band, no makeup. Yes please.
We saw that already
Phyllis Simmons

Post by Phyllis Simmons »

steveh67 wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 10:06 pm
whitesnake7575 wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 6:05 pm She said hey Frehley Frehley, lay off the gravy
Low calories for every meal
Good one, that cracked me up. :D :lol:
I’m sure Laura is also eyeing that Reunion payday exactly the way Poodle was. Understandable I guess.

Honestly I really don’t particularly care too much at this point, but I still think there is that short final run with Ace for maybe 9 or 10 big final shows. They’ll probably just use Eric S on drums. I still see this happening. I don't see him up there in street clothes as a "guest"..
Attachments
aceandlara.jpg
aceandlara.jpg (8.71 KiB) Viewed 192 times
gene therapist

Post by gene therapist »

Rockandrolloverman wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 4:22 pm I think he will, but I don’t think he’ll wear the costume.
The costume would snap at the seams, so yeah, no costume.
Phyllis Simmons

Post by Phyllis Simmons »

nibbler1982 wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 1:47 pm

No leverage.

No payoff.

My logic is dead red.

In January 2018 Ace started playing good lap dog by showing up for Gene’s Vaults.

Nextly in October and November he joins The KISS Kruise to conveniently help them announce the End Of The Road tour.

For 2018 he played good ex-girlfriend all year long begging for one more chance.

Ooof.

So unbecoming.
I don't actually disagree with too much of that Nibbsy. Somewhat harsh but somewhat fair..
Though I do think Gene may have been entertaining the idea of batting for Ace about rejoining at that stage; but wanted to really see him close up...

So he wanted to see him on tour; what he was like, was he reliable, capable of performing a string of decent shows? Wanted to string him along on a schedule. Have him serve the coffees and cakes at the Vaults; and basically doing some of Tommy's old duties. Im not sure Ace cleaned Gene's pool and gutters though. That would be risky up on those ladders...

I think Ace knew Gene was testing him a little. He behaved well and performed well. I was fortunate to see a show and Ace performed well with Gene's 3 guys backing him. They are a killer band..... And the encores at the end up there with Gene - good vibes..

I'm sure Gene probably had the discussion with Paul about Ace rejoining pre EOTR - but the complexity of performing in and around the tracks nixed the idea.... for now - or at least in the early stages... I wouldn't rule out Ace doing a couple shows at the very end though..
Kissoff
Banned

Post by Kissoff »

He could come out as a plumber.
sugardaddy
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by sugardaddy »

Doc is just trying to drum up activity on KISSFAQ and he gets a cut everytime someone looks up Cracker Barrell.
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

lord71 wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 11:22 pm

Gene didn’t say he and Paul asked A&P. He says they were asked.

It’s an A&E Biography.
banks
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by banks »

Tito wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 1:08 pm
Stanley! You look so cute wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 1:02 pm It's also completely unnecessary at this point and won't sell any extra tickets - that ship has long since sailed.
Also, if you look at the Dubai footage, it's clear Tommy and Eric are the only ones who can still properly do what they're there to do. At this point, it's very hard to imagine the original four on stage amounting to anything other than a complete train wreck.
Immediately after the train has crashed Paul pronounces to the audience with his usual lying-even-to-myself style: "People, we wanted to end this when we're still at our best, because you deserve no less." Can't unsee.
Tito
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Tito »

nibbler1982 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 12:49 am

It’s an A&E Biography.
You believe Gene and Paul personally got on the phone with Ace and Peter about the reunion tour?
Spiritual_Chaos

No leverage.

No payoff.

My logic is dead red.

Ooof.

So unbecoming.
Juse because

you

use

several

rows of text

doesn't mean

your logic still wasn't

way off. And you are now throwing in

a lot of moot shit not having anything

to do with your logic being off.

So again:

Last edited by Spiritual_Chaos on Sat May 15, 2021 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spiritual_Chaos

It’s an A&E Biography.
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

Tito wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 1:39 am

It’s an A&E Biography.
You believe Gene and Paul personally got on the phone with Ace and Peter about the reunion tour?
Perhaps. It’s irrelevant.

In the reunion A&P were now being hired to work for Paul and Gene.

That’s not the case with the A&E Biography.
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

Spiritual_Chaos wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 1:51 am

No leverage.

No payoff.

My logic is dead red.

Ooof.

So unbecoming.
Juse because

you

use

several

rows of text

doesn't mean

your logic still wasn't

way off. And you are now throwing in

a lot of moot shit not having anything

to do with your logic being off.

So again:

My logic is this.

Ace and Peter would work for scraps because that’s what their worth.

Try to argue that point.
simmons & stanley
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by simmons & stanley »

Probably as much as the rumored first legs of the tour so far.Zero !
vantheman77
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by vantheman77 »

Can anybody see a KISS Meets The Phantom situation with two Spacemen and two Catmen?
Tito
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Tito »

vantheman77 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 7:09 pm Can anybody see a KISS Meets The Phantom situation with two Spacemen and two Catmen?
Will there be a fight too?
redinthesky
A really important Kiss fan!
A really important Kiss fan!

Post by redinthesky »

Tito wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 12:16 am
vantheman77 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 7:09 pm Can anybody see a KISS Meets The Phantom situation with two Spacemen and two Catmen?
Water bottle fight.
TheSpoiler

Post by TheSpoiler »

On the FAQ, maybe ;)
Tito
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Tito »

TheSpoiler wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 3:58 am
On the FAQ, maybe ;)
That goes without saying. :wink: