Thank you Robin Zander! (Kind of calls out Paul in recent interview)

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
That 70s Guy
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Re: Thank you Robin Zander! (Kind of calls out Paul in recent interview)

Post by That 70s Guy »

Zander is awesome!! Much respect!
Mr Slow
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Mr Slow »

Spiritual_Chaos wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:17 pm
kwf484 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:04 pm
KissJJM wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:46 am Can't change set list when ur Lip Synching
This
So you are saying they changed it up before that?
Little known fact; This version of KISS has played more variety than any other lineup and I’m not even factoring in the Kruises. The truth is they’ve never changed it up all that much. In the 80’s they were striving to be more contemporary and REVENGE era did better, but overall they have put a set list together and stuck to it with very little variation.
SpadeFreeberg
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by SpadeFreeberg »

Spiritual_Chaos wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:22 pm It's pretty evident that many in KISS were a bunch of guys who started playing guitar to get girls.
They catched a lucky break and had to keep playing music to keep being rock stars.

Albums was part of the career to keep making money and keep the status.

If KISS would have not made them "stars" Paul wouldn't have picked up a guitar after 1975. All that would have faded away and instead found something else to try to make him "be something". And not the nerd the bullies at school considered him being. He would have been some middle management boss at some company and believed he was better and more important than anyone below him. Might have collected Smurf figures.
I agree. I don’t feel a love of music from KISS, especially Gene and Paul. It was more of a means to get famous and get girls. Gene’s said so himself.
Ozone1978
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Ozone1978 »

I agree with Robin.
firekiss
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by firekiss »

KissJJM wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:46 am Can't change set list when ur Lip Synching
Let's be fair, it's not like it got changed a hell of a lot before that became the issue.
Ratmir

Post by Ratmir »

Robin Zander is right about this, or rather Pauls excuse doesn't make any sense.
Mr. Kiss
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by Mr. Kiss »

I agree with Zander on his take regarding new music from veteran artists. I'm not a big fan of Cheap Trick, but they seem like cool guys.

Is it me, or his Zander looking more like Don Dokken these days? :shock:... :idea:
BlackDiamond67

Post by BlackDiamond67 »

Well I heard Mister Young sing about her
Well I heard ol' Neil put her down
Well I hope Neil Young will remember
A southern man don't need him around anyhow

Regards,

Ronnie
BlackDiamond67

Post by BlackDiamond67 »

I would love to see Cheap Trick open for KISS.
If that indeed happens, I will be at one of those shows for certain.
Grand Classic
Banned

Post by Grand Classic »

nibbler1982 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:34 pm
Spiritual_Chaos wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:12 pm
nibbler1982 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:04 pm
Spiritual_Chaos wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:49 pm
nibbler1982 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:53 pm Cheap Trick’s awesome. I see them all the time by chance when they’re opening for someone else, but I definitely make it my business to see them if the opportunity arises. One of my favorite concerts of theirs was about 20 years ago. It was at Town Hall in Manhattan and I was surprised with an all acoustic show. I had no clue when I bought the seats but was tickled pink nonetheless. Great night.

I do challenge the legitimacy of Robin’s comments though. While I believe he enjoys making new music, I think it’s more out of necessity than anything else. I’m sure the few shekels produced by a new album makes a difference to the smaller artists. Not to mention the smaller fanbase is more akin to appreciate new music at rarities in a set list. I’m sure they’re all able to pay their bills being the ultimate crowd warmers. Although that may be a little rough on the ego 45 years into the game. Nothing against Robin Zander, but compared to Paul he’s not able to “rest on his laurels and go out there and play and cash in.”

Cheap Trick
Iron City
Birmingham, Ala.
Oct. 5, 2014
$26,783

Cheap Trick, Mid-Life Crisis, Verve Pipe
Van Andel Arena
Grand Rapids, Mich.
June 24, 2012
$38,570

Cheap Trick
Harrah's Horseshoe Riverdome
Bossier City, La.
Sept. 21, 2013
$45,301

Cheap Trick
Capitol Theatre
Clearwater, Fla.
Oct. 23, 2015
$53,650

Cheap Trick
Ruth Eckerd Hall
Clearwater, Fla.
Oct. 4, 2013
$44,770 1

That date at Van Andel is particularly disturbing.

TRIPLE DIGITS in an arena?

Ooof.
What are you saying here exactly?

I think Cheap trick know they are a smaller band than KISS... so?

"Paul is doing the right thing about being boring as fuck... because... eh... KISS fill an arena... eh"
That they need the income from the new music, however small that may be. Like with Ace, there’s no doubt in my mind that he’ll make money off his recent three album contract with EOne. I also believe Paul & Gene make that same money off of KISS toothbrushes. I don’t know how genuine “we make music ‘cause we love it” is. When he calls out Paul and says...

"I think the difference is that we make records for ourselves, not necessarily for fans and stuff. We've always just made records for ourselves. I think if we stopped making records and stopped writing songs, we'd probably quit. That's the point; that's the way we look at it. Paul, he'd just soon rest on his laurels and go out there and play and cash in. But I just don't feel that way — that's all."

If Robin had the options KISS does. He may sound very different.

The new albums give Cheap Trick a reason to tour. With the smaller fanbase, they don’t get bored with the same show. On this board alone you hear so many people saying they’d even go to another show with this lineup if they’d change the set list.

And by the numbers it appears KISS doesn’t miss their contributions.

EOTR OVERALL (96/119 Dates Reported)
Reported attendance: 1,076,360
Reported gross: $114,647,165
I don't see any basis for your logic here, neither concerning them being a smaller band and therefore in need to release new music(?) nor that a smaller fanbase would be more much more bored without new music?

Seems you are fabricating whatever logic you can, to be able to throw out some pointless gross-data.

Neil Young releases new music. He plays more KISS sized venues than Cheap Trick and headlines festivals. What is his reason for recording new music? Please use any gross-data you might see fit.
I’ll make it easy for you...

I believe Cheap Trick needs the income from new albums, however small that figure may be.

When that’s the case it’s easy to say, “Boy, I love making new music, it’s in my heart”...other than, “I ship out new albums to pay the bills.”

I believe Neil Young is near talentless hack. The only good memory I have of him is getting in a fight with Sean Avery at one of his concerts about a dozen years ago. I couldn’t tell you anything about the tour. It was at some converted church up on like 180th in NYC. A good friend is a huge fan.

The show was awful.
They are losing money on albums. If their new album came out tomorrow, it would sell next to nothing in the grand scheme of things. I assure you that they are not holding off on buying some ticket items, because they are waiting for their very small album sales check to come in first.

If you believe Neil Young is a near talentless hack - you are even more clueless than I though you were. After The Gold Rush and Harvest are landmark albums. When you have a moment where you are not busy cosplaying, you should really check them out.
Kisscandinavia

Post by Kisscandinavia »

Cheap Trick is a small group even in America, but they couldn't even afford to tour in Europe.
I've never understood why they are so popular among the Kiss fans (Especially American Kiss fans)
To me they are a pop band with forgettable and boring songs. I agree that Zander has a good voice, but
it's not really a rock voice IMO.
Vatreni
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by Vatreni »

Hotter Than Heck wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:08 pm I love some Cheap Trick LPs & songs, seen 'em live a few times, always a fun night out!

I think it's great they put out new music for their diehard fans of which I'm not necessarily one, I don't personally purchase the new Cheap Trick stuff, last Cheap Trick album I bought was probably 1997 or Woke up w/a Monster but still if it makes the band & their diehards happy - that great!

Do I wish Gene & Paul felt the same as Robin? Sure I do!

I'm glad Ace releases new music every so often tho
You are SERIOUSLY missing out on some incredible music and some of the best music Cheap Trick have done!
Rockford and The Latest in particular are great, great records.
Vatreni
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by Vatreni »

Kisscandinavia wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:18 pm Cheap Trick is a small group even in America, but they couldn't even afford to tour in Europe.
I've never understood why they are so popular among the Kiss fans (Especially American Kiss fans)
To me they are a pop band with forgettable and boring songs. I agree that Zander has a good voice, but
Silly, silly comment.

Sit back and enjoy some awesomeness from Zander. Anything but boring and unforgettable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOYYv_sASx8
KrazySwede

Post by KrazySwede »

Kisscandinavia wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:18 pm Cheap Trick is a small group even in America, but they couldn't even afford to tour in Europe.
I like Cheap Trick, but put them in with bands like Journey, Styx, Heart, Loverboy, Foreigner and REO - bands that never really made it in Europe. A hitsingle was about it when it comes to success for them over here in the Old World.

Cheap Trick had 'Want You..' , Styx had 'Babe', REO had ' Can't Fight This Feeeling', Foreigner 'Wanna Know What Love Is' and Loverboy that single from the Footloose-soundtrack (which was really a duet between their lead vocalist and one the Heart-sisters, but it gave both of their bands some exposure as well)

Thinking again, don't recall Journey actually having any success at all in the 80s over here. The whole 'Don't Stop Believin''-success came way after their peak in the U.S and could be credited to an ending in a popular mobster-show.
Kisscandinavia

Post by Kisscandinavia »

KrazySwede wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:18 am
I like Cheap Trick, but put them in with bands like Journey, Styx, Heart, Loverboy, Foreigner and REO - bands that never really made it in Europe. A hitsingle was about it when it comes to success for them over here in the Old World.

Cheap Trick had 'Want You..' , Styx had 'Babe', REO had ' Can't Fight This Feeeling', Foreigner 'Wanna Know What Love Is' and Loverboy that single from the Footloose-soundtrack (which was really a duet between their lead vocalist and one the Heart-sisters, but it gave both of their bands some exposure as well)

Thinking again, don't recall Journey actually having any success at all in the 80s over here. The whole 'Don't Stop Believin''-success came way after their peak in the U.S and could be credited to an ending in a popular mobster-show.

I agree. I'd add Boston to that list. Toto is and always has been bigger in Europe than any of those bands.
Even though Survivor had only two major hits here (Eye of the tiger & Burning heart) They still get more airplay here than any of those bands.
BigJohnsFirehouse
Banned

Post by BigJohnsFirehouse »

Van Halen is another band with zero following in Europe. They played there in 95 opening for Bon Jovi and no one knew who they were apart from when Jump started.
Spiritual_Chaos

Post by Spiritual_Chaos »

BlackDiamond67 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:58 pm Well I heard Mister Young sing about her

Regards,

Ronnie

Regards,

Ronnie
BlackDiamond67

Post by BlackDiamond67 »

Spiritual_Chaos wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:10 am
BlackDiamond67 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:58 pm Well I heard Mister Young sing about her

Regards,

Ronnie

Regards,

Ronnie
(In his 2012 autobiography Waging Heavy Peace, Young commented on his role in the song's creation, writing)

"My own song 'Alabama' richly deserved the shot Lynyrd Skynyrd gave me with their great record. I don't like my words when I listen to it. They are accusatory and condescending, not fully thought out, and too easy to misconstrue".

Regards,

Neil
Spiritual_Chaos

nibbler1982 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:34 pm
Spiritual_Chaos wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:12 pm
nibbler1982 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:04 pm
Spiritual_Chaos wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:49 pm
nibbler1982 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:53 pm Cheap Trick’s awesome. I see them all the time by chance when they’re opening for someone else, but I definitely make it my business to see them if the opportunity arises. One of my favorite concerts of theirs was about 20 years ago. It was at Town Hall in Manhattan and I was surprised with an all acoustic show. I had no clue when I bought the seats but was tickled pink nonetheless. Great night.

I do challenge the legitimacy of Robin’s comments though. While I believe he enjoys making new music, I think it’s more out of necessity than anything else. I’m sure the few shekels produced by a new album makes a difference to the smaller artists. Not to mention the smaller fanbase is more akin to appreciate new music at rarities in a set list. I’m sure they’re all able to pay their bills being the ultimate crowd warmers. Although that may be a little rough on the ego 45 years into the game. Nothing against Robin Zander, but compared to Paul he’s not able to “rest on his laurels and go out there and play and cash in.”

Cheap Trick
Iron City
Birmingham, Ala.
Oct. 5, 2014
$26,783

Cheap Trick, Mid-Life Crisis, Verve Pipe
Van Andel Arena
Grand Rapids, Mich.
June 24, 2012
$38,570

Cheap Trick
Harrah's Horseshoe Riverdome
Bossier City, La.
Sept. 21, 2013
$45,301

Cheap Trick
Capitol Theatre
Clearwater, Fla.
Oct. 23, 2015
$53,650

Cheap Trick
Ruth Eckerd Hall
Clearwater, Fla.
Oct. 4, 2013
$44,770 1

That date at Van Andel is particularly disturbing.

TRIPLE DIGITS in an arena?

Ooof.
What are you saying here exactly?

I think Cheap trick know they are a smaller band than KISS... so?

"Paul is doing the right thing about being boring as fuck... because... eh... KISS fill an arena... eh"
That they need the income from the new music, however small that may be. Like with Ace, there’s no doubt in my mind that he’ll make money off his recent three album contract with EOne. I also believe Paul & Gene make that same money off of KISS toothbrushes. I don’t know how genuine “we make music ‘cause we love it” is. When he calls out Paul and says...

"I think the difference is that we make records for ourselves, not necessarily for fans and stuff. We've always just made records for ourselves. I think if we stopped making records and stopped writing songs, we'd probably quit. That's the point; that's the way we look at it. Paul, he'd just soon rest on his laurels and go out there and play and cash in. But I just don't feel that way — that's all."

If Robin had the options KISS does. He may sound very different.

The new albums give Cheap Trick a reason to tour. With the smaller fanbase, they don’t get bored with the same show. On this board alone you hear so many people saying they’d even go to another show with this lineup if they’d change the set list.

And by the numbers it appears KISS doesn’t miss their contributions.

EOTR OVERALL (96/119 Dates Reported)
Reported attendance: 1,076,360
Reported gross: $114,647,165
I don't see any basis for your logic here, neither concerning them being a smaller band and therefore in need to release new music(?) nor that a smaller fanbase would be more much more bored without new music?

Seems you are fabricating whatever logic you can, to be able to throw out some pointless gross-data.

Neil Young releases new music. He plays more KISS sized venues than Cheap Trick and headlines festivals. What is his reason for recording new music? Please use any gross-data you might see fit.
I’ll make it easy for you...

I believe Cheap Trick needs the income from new albums, however small that figure may be.

When that’s the case it’s easy to say, “Boy, I love making new music, it’s in my heart”...other than, “I ship out new albums to pay the bills.”

I believe Neil Young is near talentless hack. The only good memory I have of him is getting in a fight with Sean Avery at one of his concerts about a dozen years ago. I couldn’t tell you anything about the tour. It was at some converted church up on like 180th in NYC. A good friend is a huge fan.

The show was awful.
Never seen a person worth listening to call Neil Young a talentless hack. I would say you are in an extreme minority regarding that. Like him or not. Calling him a "talentless hack", yeah, keep counting your dots and fill upp your notebooks instead.

Also, make it as easy as you wish - your idea that they need to put in the effort and the cost of producing an album to make less to nothing on it in the end, instead of touring Surrender and fronting their semi-famous logo is fabricated to put Paul above them and somehow force pointless gross-data arguments.

It's reaching to a pretty astounding degree.

Den Dennis

Post by Den Dennis »

nibbler1982 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:34 pm I’ll make it easy for you...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Spiritual_Chaos

BlackDiamond67 wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:36 am

Regards,

Ronnie

Regards,

Ronnie
(In his 2012 autobiography Waging Heavy Peace, Young commented on his role in the song's creation, writing)

"My own song 'Alabama' richly deserved the shot Lynyrd Skynyrd gave me with their great record. I don't like my words when I listen to it. They are accusatory and condescending, not fully thought out, and too easy to misconstrue".

Regards,

Neil
yes, I have read Waging Heavy Peace.

And maybe Kid Rock will disagree,

but Southern Man and Alabama are both superior songs to the Confederate Flag-wielding cheese that is Sweet Home Alabama.

But agree to disagree.
Ratmir

Post by Ratmir »

nibbler1982 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:53 pm I do challenge the legitimacy of Robin’s comments though. While I believe he enjoys making new music, I think it’s more out of necessity than anything else. I’m sure the few shekels produced by a new album makes a difference to the smaller artists. Not to mention the smaller fanbase is more akin to appreciate new music at rarities in a set list. I’m sure they’re all able to pay their bills being the ultimate crowd warmers. Although that may be a little rough on the ego 45 years into the game. Nothing against Robin Zander, but compared to Paul he’s not able to “rest on his laurels and go out there and play and cash in.”
I see your point, providing that releasing albums if profitable for Cheap Trick.
When we as fans hear some musician say something we like, it's easy to embrace it and use it against KISS, without taking into account that this misician is in different circumstances. And you don't know how would they act if they were in the same situatuin as KISS.
Like when few years ago when Motley Crue went on the farewell tour, some fans were saying that they are showing KISS how to retire gracefully. Now, just a few year later they're trying to reunite.
Having said that, Pauls explanation that "there should be a reason to make a KISS album" is total bullshit.
Mackemkiss

Post by Mackemkiss »

Some funny comments on this thread.
Neil Young is not a "talentless hack" :lol:
And Cheap Trick are literally nothing like Boston, Journey or Foreigner!
Also, saying Trick aren't a rock band is bizarre too. If anything their recent releases are almost too rock. I prefer their power pop--style rock like In Color, On The Radio or You're All I Wanna Do...

Paul's comments are daft too. If there's no point in releasing new music then why does he put three new tracks on Soul Station? The logic in "I'm only putting new music out with a side project but not with KISS" just makes zero sense. It would be more sensible to say "This is what I'm doing because I feel like it. If people like it - great - if they don't - ok. But I am following my own path" instead of trying to justify it with some spurious nonsense.
KrazySwede

Post by KrazySwede »

Mackemkiss wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:06 am Some funny comments on this thread.

Cheap Trick are literally nothing like Boston, Journey or Foreigner!
In terms of their appeal to a european audience they are - and that was the point I was making.
BlackDiamond67

Post by BlackDiamond67 »

Spiritual_Chaos wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:01 am

Regards,

Ronnie

Regards,

Ronnie

Regards,

Neil
yes, I have read Waging Heavy Peace.

And maybe Kid Rock will disagree,

but Southern Man and Alabama are both superior songs to the Confederate Flag-wielding cheese that is Sweet Home Alabama.

But agree to disagree.
"I'd rather play 'Sweet Home Alabama' than 'Southern Man' anytime." [Rolling Stone Magazine, 1977]

Regards,

Neil

(pictured wearing Lynryd Skynyrd Florida Whiskey chemise)
Attachments
19C2DFFF-C236-4253-85E0-47104E5BF0E6.jpeg
FiveCardStud
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by FiveCardStud »

Some loser from a nobody band calling out Paul Stanley LOL
Chaim Wigz

Post by Chaim Wigz »

FiveCardStud wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:35 am Some loser from a nobody band calling out Paul Stanley LOL
You’re not older than 15 years old, are you?
FiveCardStud
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by FiveCardStud »

Chaim Wigz wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:43 am
FiveCardStud wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:35 am Some loser from a nobody band calling out Paul Stanley LOL
Type that yourself of do you have assisted living old timer !
Chaim Wigz

Post by Chaim Wigz »

FiveCardStud wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:59 am
Chaim Wigz wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:43 am
Type that yourself of do you have assisted living old timer !
Yup, thought as much. ;)
Velvis

Post by Velvis »

Admin wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:02 am Enough of the "Bert" crap.
Agreed. It is not funny and really worn out.
Chaim Wigz

Post by Chaim Wigz »

Velvis wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:03 am
I disagree. I think it’s hilarious!
AceyAintInCharge
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by AceyAintInCharge »

Lofton23rdSt wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:25 am The problem with Kiss is that they don't like changing the setlist besides for special shows. I'm sure Paul will be annoyed with Robin.
To be fair, when the vocals are canned it really doesn't allow for changing the set list. They are locked in.
Tito
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Tito »

Vatreni wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:25 pm Rockford and The Latest in particular are great, great records.
:salut: Some really good stuff on Bang Zoom Crazy Hello and We're All Alright too.

Bring on the new one tomorrow! 8)
Going Blind

Post by Going Blind »

Cheap Trick giving Kiss a shout out on one of their most popular songs, endeared them to Kiss fans, in fact probably brought Kiss fans to Cheap Trick, some heard that song and became fans of their work. Cheap Trick didn't hurt themselves with just that one line in the song.

I remember an interview with Rick Nielson where he goes through their early albums and he is kicking himself for not going heavier on the production of the albums after the first one. Giving in to the producers whims. But then one has to wonder would have Cheap Trick have become as big as they did if they stayed the heavier course?
Last edited by Going Blind on Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
rimo335
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by rimo335 »

Both bands have had profoundly different band trajectories. Comparison is pointless.
bluedog
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by bluedog »

Paul says...if you want him to sing like he did in 1975, then go put on Alive.

No Paul, we don't want to hear you sing like that; we just want you to sing well.

So stop trying to sound like a politician, coming up with a crafty line for everything.

Your inability to sing well is the main reason you don't want to/can't put out a new record.

But saying that would obviously be no good for the Kiss brand.
DevastatinDave
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by DevastatinDave »

KingOfHearts89 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:15 pm "But in terms of recording more KISS material, I kind of go, 'Why?' I thought 'Modern Day Delilah' or 'Hell Or Hallelujah' were as good as anything I've written and as good as anything we recorded, but understandably, it's like new wine. It just hasn't aged. So I'd rather not try to roll a stone up the hill."

... I have two words 'Say Yeah'

Unless he has convinced himself it came of Rock & Roll Over the above statement makes no sense.
This is what I think of about Say Yeah:

Much Too Soon

Post by Much Too Soon »

Philly Cheese wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:06 pm
In the Suds wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:56 pm Cherry picking seven and eight year old dates from a band that tours constantly. :roll:
Seriously... :roll:
I’m sure you both can easily supply recent dates Cheap Trick played alone with attendance etc that refute nibs. If not ...shut up.
Much Too Soon

Post by Much Too Soon »

Chaim Wigz wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:20 am
Who is Bert?
Much Too Soon

Post by Much Too Soon »

I wouldn’t go see Cheap Trick without Bun E. They screwed him over. He was a pillar of the band and their sound.
ftjr1974
Banned

Post by ftjr1974 »

Well I think it's funny and why I made the comment in my initial post. I was trying to be humorous and as far as I know it is part of Paul's real name. But apparently I'm not sensitive enough to Paul's diehard fans and for that I apologize. I do like your profile photo!
ftjr1974
Banned

Post by ftjr1974 »

Much Too Soon wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:02 am
Who is Bert?
To the best of my knowledge, Paul Stanley's real name is Stanley Bert Eisen.
savage_dreams

Post by savage_dreams »

stutterer wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:59 am I don't get it. He doesn't state that Paul's in the wrong and he's in the right.
no. of course he doesnt. but on this board if isnt bashing a member of kiss the posted article has to be twisted until it does, or turned into things completely unrelated to the posted article.
ftjr1974
Banned

Post by ftjr1974 »

savage_dreams wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:33 am
stutterer wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:59 am I don't get it. He doesn't state that Paul's in the wrong and he's in the right.
no. of course he doesnt. but on this board if isnt bashing a member of kiss the posted article has to be twisted until it does, or turned into things completely unrelated to the posted article.
Paul and Gene have brought much of the bashing upon themselves based on bs'ing fans over the years and their constant soundbite comments (gymnasium for example).
FiveCardStud
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by FiveCardStud »

bluedog wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:43 am Paul says...if you want him to sing like he did in 1975, then go put on Alive.

No Paul, we don't want to hear you sing like that; we just want you to sing well.

So stop trying to sound like a politician, coming up with a crafty line for everything.

Your inability to sing well is the main reason you don't want to/can't put out a new record.

Another kiss fan with a utopian sense of how the group should be, your mind is in fantasy kiss land

Your giving Paul shit for being honest about not being able to
sing, then give him shot for not able to sing and then demanded he sing well which he can’t
FiveCardStud
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by FiveCardStud »

ftjr1974 wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:23 am
Well I think it's funny and why I made the comment in my initial post. I was trying to be humorous and as far as I know it is part of Paul's real name. But apparently I'm not sensitive enough to Paul's diehard fans and for that I apologize. I do like your profile photo!
It’s more the incessant lame jokes you all bring. We all agree they were funny at first but as you guys got laughs you were fed with confidence to make more Paul jokes and honestly it’s really degrading to KISS fans as a whole as the whole mother’s basement line seems truer than ever for most
His Majesty
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by His Majesty »

ftjr1974 wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:24 am
Much Too Soon wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:02 am
Who is Bert?
To the best of my knowledge, Paul Stanley's real name is Stanley Bert Eisen.
I know. It's his middle name.

Maybe I'll start calling Ace, Daniel.
TheSpoiler

Post by TheSpoiler »

bluedog wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:43 am Paul says...if you want him to sing like he did in 1975, then go put on Alive.

so basically whatever he chooses to do, is wrong?
Grand Classic
Banned

Post by Grand Classic »

Regards,

Ronnie

Regards,

Ronnie

Regards,

Neil
So where in Texas do you live?
Last edited by Grand Classic on Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheSpoiler

Post by TheSpoiler »

KingOfHearts89 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:03 pm Doesn't he actually support Paul then, if doing music is for the artist then Paul is right for doing Soul Station?
Completely. Zander is saying that CT make new music for themselves, and that's 100% what Paul Stanley has just done.