KISS Dubai in person packages begin at $15,000

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
DOUBLE DYNASTY
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Re: KISS Dubai in person packages begin at $15,000

Post by DOUBLE DYNASTY »

See? $39.99 is a STEAL!
Glasgow Kiss
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by Glasgow Kiss »

TheSphinx wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:16 pm
Glasgow Kiss wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:57 pm
TheSphinx wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:42 pm
Glasgow Kiss wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:01 pm As a matter of interest, I just researched the price of five nights stay in the Atlantis Dubai...comes in around £1200 (call that maybe $1600?)

If you reckon watching a gig from a balcony and being able to shout a socially distanced "Hello!" to Kiss (along with some zero-value tat such as a laminate and ticket) is worth the remainder of $15000, then fair enough I guess...but I've got some magic beans you can buy.

When you water them they turn into the Alive II stage.

I have no idea what you claimed to have researched but minimum you are looking at around $7,500 for a room for 5 nights with the view of KISS

image.png

Or if you wanted a larger room... you could be looking at $22,600

image.png
You've maybe misunderstood me - I was talking about what they charged per night for a room any other night of the year, not what the going rate is for the Kiss thing on NYE. No idea what it'll show up like in dollars, but I'm getting offered as low as £199 for a night.

https://www.google.com/travel/hotels/en ... GFjNQ[url][/url]

But any other night of the year doesn't matter. This is no different than Las Vegas around NYE or the Super Bowl.

Rates go up 5X or so their normal rates. That's just Supply and Demand.

Same with the Super Bowl in a regular year and then they do like 3 night minimums or more. And some $200 a night room easily becomes $1000 a night room.
Of course prices will go up over the holiday season - it's simple economics. Sans Kiss though, you seem to be able to spend New Year there for around £720-750 a night - so call it just under four grand for five nights?

https://www.google.com/travel/hotels/en ... GE4MDRhYzU
Ratmir

Post by Ratmir »

I thought a 5 night stay in one of the top hotels in a place like Dubai alone can cost 15k.
But yes, this is ridiculous for Kiss to charge that for a lip synced performance and a meet and greet where you will be standing 10 feet away from the band
firekiss
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by firekiss »

It's ridiculous money, but isn't this still at the thought process, hence the survey and "could include" language?

I can't see enough people being interested less than 6 weeks out to get this off the ground.
Den Dennis
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by Den Dennis »

Hey, they'll throw in the chance to pick up some free Covid with that package.
Spaceace2000ric
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Spaceace2000ric »

Money obsessed greedy fuckers
Somebody Backstage
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Somebody Backstage »

Gene and Paul should be ashamed of themselves for offering this. And Tommy and Eric should quit.
acefan1975
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by acefan1975 »

There’s probably plenty of well off folks who would consider this. I guess I don’t understand the complaints about it? I would never do it but if people want to spend 20k plus on a trip and see what they would consider an historic event then more power to them.
sabresaxon
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by sabresaxon »

Hopefully this is their final show ever and they can retire with whatever lame bragging rights this fetches.
KISSFACE
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by KISSFACE »

The rich haven’t stopped being rich. I’m sure some of them are ready for a rarified rock ‘n’ roll party.
Where's Drago?

Post by Where's Drago? »

"Socially distanced meet and greet"

Remember when Vinnie was ridiculed from doing a meet and greet from within a ticket kiosk?!
Soylent Gene

Post by Soylent Gene »

sabresaxon wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:41 pm Hopefully this is their final show ever and they can retire with whatever lame bragging rights this fetches.
This.
Doose

Post by Doose »

Where's Drago? wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:17 pm "Socially distanced meet and greet"

Remember when Vinnie was ridiculed from doing a meet and greet from within a ticket kiosk?!
There's a difference between doing it when there's a pandemic, and doing it because you think you're John-fucking-Lennon and just batshit crazy.
Doose

Post by Doose »

Soylent Gene wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:20 pm
sabresaxon wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:41 pm Hopefully this is their final show ever and they can retire with whatever lame bragging rights this fetches.
This.
This This.
highvoltage1969
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by highvoltage1969 »

$15K is beyond insane! I just checked, flying from London, I could book 7 days at the Atlantis, half board, leaving on Jan 1st for £2862, about $3700.
Attachments
atlantis.jpg
highvoltage1969
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Edit: Just realised you'd miss the show if you went on the 1st! Whatever, it still highlights how crazy their pricing is.
Much Too Soon

Post by Much Too Soon »

Sooo .. I guess no one here will go.
Andy Capp

Post by Andy Capp »

Old Andy said he plans on watching some classic 1974\75 episodes of Happy Days on new year's eve----

Glasgow Kiss

Post by Glasgow Kiss »

highvoltage1969 wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:11 pm Edit: Just realised you'd miss the show if you went on the 1st! Whatever, it still highlights how crazy their pricing is.
Yeah, I'd worked it from the 28th Dec for five nights and it only came to about a grand more, just under £4K.
kiss-1976
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by kiss-1976 »

15k to watch a massive fireworks show... Madness.
I'll be enjoying NYE with my family and friends over a BBQ and drinks .
I'll have the time of my life without KISS being involved sticking their filthy fingers into my wallet for a shameless cash grab.
highvoltage1969
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Glasgow Kiss wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:35 pm
highvoltage1969 wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:11 pm Edit: Just realised you'd miss the show if you went on the 1st! Whatever, it still highlights how crazy their pricing is.
Yeah, I'd worked it from the 28th Dec for five nights and it only came to about a grand more, just under £4K.
You could fly on Christmas day for a week for just under £4K, not that I'm even remotely considering it, you could have 14 nights in the Maldives, all inclusive, for less than that.
WinnieWincent
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by WinnieWincent »

If theres some technical issue and some of the pyro doesn't go off they're not gonna look so hot
Leif Karoo
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by Leif Karoo »

I just realized too that this show will air around 9am in the USA as it starts at 9PM in the UAE and they are 12 hours ahead of PST. If you have to work New Years Eve this year, which is a Thursday, a good portion of the fan base might not be at home when this is on live.
PyroMessiah86
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by PyroMessiah86 »

Leif Karoo wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:02 pm I just realized too that this show will air around 9am in the USA as it starts at 9PM in the UAE and they are 12 hours ahead of PST. If you have to work New Years Eve this year, which is a Thursday, a good portion of the fan base might not be at home when this is on live.
There's a world outside of the US you know. 5pm for me. Jack Daniels and coke, few ales and the most expensive stream I'll ever purchase 😂 my NYE plan. Not much else we can do with the pandemic and all.
Leif Karoo
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by Leif Karoo »

Oh I know. It was just one more thing to think about.
Goodwilltowardsall

Post by Goodwilltowardsall »

acefan1975 wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:34 pm There’s probably plenty of well off folks who would consider this. I guess I don’t understand the complaints about it? I would never do it but if people want to spend 20k plus on a trip and see what they would consider an historic event then more power to them.
I think the complaint may arise from the event as possibly being perceived as being an egregiously greedy & shallow enterprise, particularly at a time when so many people are struggling to get by during the pandemic. It could be viewed very differently if the proceeds were going to some deserving charities and maybe they will donate some $ if they continue to get flack. Otherwise they look like a bunch of rich guys engorging themselves (again & again-which is their right) by playing the same old tunes and more visual gimmicks to support really provide the entertainment value. I can see why Paul may be putting his heart into his "Soul Station" project as these kinds of prices seem soulless and opportunistic. As far as it being historic, well, I guess that depends on where you set the bar at.
DubaiRockCity
Banned

Post by DubaiRockCity »

What are the quarantine rules in UAE? Most countries are requiring two weeks quarantine upon entering the country. And even if they’re not, anyone going to this piece of shit show will most likely have to do two weeks when they get back to their own country.

All to see Paul lip synch Love Gun and Gene stand in one spot squinting as the sweat burns his eyes.
SureKnowSomething

Post by SureKnowSomething »

Glasgow Kiss wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:01 pm As a matter of interest, I just researched the price of five nights stay in the Atlantis Dubai...comes in around £1200 (call that maybe $1600?)

If you reckon watching a gig from a balcony and being able to shout a socially distanced "Hello!" to Kiss (along with some zero-value tat such as a laminate and ticket) is worth the remainder of $15000, then fair enough I guess...but I've got some magic beans you can buy.

When you water them they turn into the Alive II stage.
Sure. But, the days leading up to NYE commands a premium. Even in Las Vegas their $40 rooms go for $400 during that time. Throw in private A list entertainment, with massive stage and pyro. In a place where ATMs dispense gold bars and ultra luxury cars are treated as disposable. $15K to them is like 50 cents to most people.
thegraveyardtramp
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by thegraveyardtramp »

Tito wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:51 am Too far beyond ridiculous to even comment on.
This.
crimsonharpoon
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by crimsonharpoon »

I’ve always defended the band’s capitalist tendencies... it is America, after all. And as much as I don’t want to start bashing them for it now, something about this just seems extra seedy of them. I wouldn’t hold it against anyone who has and wants to spend the money on this ... BUT this once ... I do hold it against Kiss for offering it.
Doose

Post by Doose »

I'm saving MY $15,000 for the Vinnie Vincent DVD.
SureKnowSomething

Glasgow Kiss wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:35 pm
That's most likely for a room viewing the opposite side of the concert. Guessing they'll probably show it on their CCTV throughout the resort.

If anyone plans on going, bring a DVR and hook it up to your inroom tv, instant bootleg. 8)
metaldad
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by metaldad »

Doose wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:54 pm I'm saving MY $15,000 for the Vinnie Vincent DVD.
For which you will pay but never receive
metaldad
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by metaldad »

I’m waiting for the first person to defend this and say they already booked
Seriously
AliveIIside4
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by AliveIIside4 »

Makes me ashamed that for most of my life people known me is that KISS fan. Going to listen to "If I could turn back Time" by Cher. Fucking ridiculous!
SureKnowSomething

DubaiRockCity wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:38 pm What are the quarantine rules in UAE? Most countries are requiring two weeks quarantine upon entering the country. And even if they’re not, anyone going to this piece of shit show will most likely have to do two weeks when they get back to their own country.

All to see Paul lip synch Love Gun and Gene stand in one spot squinting as the sweat burns his eyes.
What about the return flight? Will you need another negative Covid test to go home, just in case you caught it there? So, a remote chance you'll be stuck there, quarantined and possibly hospitalized, for weeks after. Now $15K turns into god only knows how much.
balish

Post by balish »

acefan1975 wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:34 pm There’s probably plenty of well off folks who would consider this. I guess I don’t understand the complaints about it? I would never do it but if people want to spend 20k plus on a trip and see what they would consider an historic event then more power to them.
Exactly.
Some people can and are happy to do so.
On the“kruise”, some folks do every M&G available, that’s $5K x 5 or $25K, in addition to the kruise costs. Every year.
So can, some can’t.
Some will pay $3k for a smashed guitar or an LP or a trash can or whatever. To each their own.
and btw why blame P&G for a HOTEL package fee? do they own the place?
They probably got a generous fee to play and that’s it.
KissJJM
Banned

Post by KissJJM »

I suddenly have the urge to hear Defenders of the faith :D
ftjr1974
Banned

Post by ftjr1974 »

His Majesty wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:38 am For this price, they'd BETTER play Love Gun.

I mean, come on...
Actually they better play their entire catalog!
KISSFACE
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by KISSFACE »

ftjr1974 wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:39 pm
His Majesty wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:38 am For this price, they'd BETTER play Love Gun.
If KISS played Everything of theirs, how many hours could the show be?
Mr Slow
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Mr Slow »

Goodwilltowardsall wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:30 pm
I think the complaint may arise from the event as possibly being perceived as being an egregiously greedy & shallow enterprise, particularly at a time when so many people are struggling to get by during the pandemic. It could be viewed very differently if the proceeds were going to some deserving charities and maybe they will donate some $ if they continue to get flack. Otherwise they look like a bunch of rich guys engorging themselves (again & again-which is their right) by playing the same old tunes and more visual gimmicks to support really provide the entertainment value. I can see why Paul may be putting his heart into his "Soul Station" project as these kinds of prices seem soulless and opportunistic. As far as it being historic, well, I guess that depends on where you set the bar at.
But what cancels all of this out is nobody actually has to pay a cent. Just like any KISS concert, re-released vinyl, t-shirt, action figure or whatever else, we can choose not to partake. Or, if you want to see the show, you can view it from the comfort of your living room for 40 bucks. Incidentally, the 2000 “Last KISS” Pay-Per-View event cost $20. That’s $31 by today’s standards. Not a big difference there.
DOUBLE DYNASTY
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by DOUBLE DYNASTY »

Andy Capp wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:31 pm Old Andy said he plans on watching some classic 1974\75 episodes of Happy Days on new year's eve----

Ayyyyyyyye!!! My boy DON'T cheat!!
DOUBLE DYNASTY
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by DOUBLE DYNASTY »

Andy Capp wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:31 pm Old Andy said he plans on watching some classic 1974\75 episodes of Happy Days on new year's eve----

Old Andy? Old Andy is such a WARM AND WONDERFUL PERSON !!!
Tallbear13

Post by Tallbear13 »

If people won't take a risk with a Kruise or some will no way people should flying to Dubai
Frehley's Vomit

Post by Frehley's Vomit »

Where's Drago? wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:17 pm "Socially distanced meet and greet"

That was the result of Vinnie's paranoia. Offering album signing when people couldn't even fit their albums through the small slot for him to sign. :lol:
LoveGun77

Post by LoveGun77 »

It doesn't bother me....I always say that if you wanna spend this kind of cash on it,that's great. I won't do it ever,but anyone who wants to and can afford,should do it if they want. I personally think it's a waste and ridiculous,but that's for me.

My fandom now includes me listening to the old stuff,picking up some cool bootlegs or colored vinyl etc. I'm happy with that.
Doose

Post by Doose »

KISSFACE wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:55 pm
ftjr1974 wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:39 pm
If KISS played Everything of theirs, how many hours could the show be?
Depends if the playback was at 33, 45 or 78.
Andy Capp

Post by Andy Capp »

DOUBLE DYNASTY wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:00 pm

Old Andy just read your reply‚ and it made him smile---- 😊

thank you for that....
rwgriffith

Post by rwgriffith »

Andy Capp wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:11 pm
DOUBLE DYNASTY wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:00 pm

Old Andy just read your reply‚ and it made him smile---- 😊

thank you for that....
Old Andy rules!!!
Marty Scurll
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by Marty Scurll »

I'M SO THERE!! $15k...chump change!
Attachments
image.png