KISS in Dubai The facts!

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
OrigialEraFan
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

KISS in Dubai The facts!

Post by OrigialEraFan »

Eric Singers friend, Vlogger Jordan The Lion, was doing a live stream yesterday and about 10:30 minutes in, he was asked if he was going to watch the KISS livestream, he replied, "I don't know, I have no idea what I am doing on new years eve." He then said, "For all the people saying KISS is greedy and at it again charging all these different prices, This isn't their idea, they were hired.
spaceace1977
Banned

Re: KISS in Dubai The facts!

Post by spaceace1977 »

NO SHIT!
strangeways747
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by strangeways747 »

zoinks
Doose

Post by Doose »

OrigialEraFan wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:46 pm Eric Singers friend, Vlogger Jordan The Lion, was doing a live stream yesterday and about 10:30 minutes in, he was asked if he was going to watch the KISS livestream, he replied, "I don't know, I have no idea what I am doing on new years eve." He then said, "For all the people saying KISS is greedy and at it again charging all these different prices, This isn't their idea, they were hired.
Must have been a pretty good chunk of change to get Gene and Paul out of their houses, rehearse and fly half way around the world during a pandemic. How much are we guessing? $2 million and all of their expenses covered on top?
BC Witch
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by BC Witch »

He says that ticket prices are different depending on what camera angle/distance you choose?! Is that right? That's crazy.
Tallbear13

Post by Tallbear13 »

The cost for the venue having the power on the lights and all the other stuff isn't cheap
Den Dennis

Post by Den Dennis »

OrigialEraFan wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:46 pm "For all the people saying KISS is greedy and at it again charging all these different prices, This isn't their idea, they were hired.
Was there a gun held to their heads?
aceeg
Banned

Post by aceeg »

Who the hell is going to sit gone NYE and order a KISS Ppv concert?
No one!
Soylent Gene

Post by Soylent Gene »

I think we’re talking more along the lines of boxing/UFC PPV numbers here. Gene and Paul are likely taking a piece of the PPV in addition to their guarantee not to mention DVD sales, merchandise, etc. I wouldn’t be surprised if they are getting paid between 2-5 million dollars to make this worth their time (they will have to be there two weeks in advance to quarantine) and potential risk to their health and safety.
KISSFACE
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Re: KISS in Dubai The facts

Post by KISSFACE »

Doose wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:12 pmMust have been a pretty good chunk of change to get Gene and Paul out of their houses, rehearse and fly half way around the world during a pandemic. How much are we guessing? $2 million and all of their expenses covered on top?
That sounds like small change for the distance and trouble and risks involved. Multiple deep corporate pockets here, i’ll guess they triple the typical million-dollar night for KISS.
KISSFACE
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by KISSFACE »

Ha, but i wish somebody had budgeted for a graphic design artist, too.
DubaiRockCity
Banned

Post by DubaiRockCity »

OrigialEraFan wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:46 pm This isn't their idea, they were hired.
What an absurd comment. If someone else pitched it to them, they were the ones that accepted it. They don’t need the money. One wonders if Eric and Tommy would prefer to be safe at home but don’t want to lose their jobs.
Soylent Gene

Post by Soylent Gene »

DubaiRockCity wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:06 pm
OrigialEraFan wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:46 pm This isn't their idea, they were hired.
What an absurd comment. If someone else pitched it to them, they were the ones that accepted it. They don’t need the money. One wonders if Eric and Tommy would prefer to be safe at home but don’t want to lose their jobs.
For the amount of money they’re getting paid, they would just replace them like they replaced Ace and Peter. Eric and Tommy know that is an inevitability.
firekiss
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by firekiss »

One might question where "safe" is. The USA or Dubai?
HOFCity

Post by HOFCity »

OrigialEraFan wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:46 pm Eric Singers friend, Vlogger Jordan The Lion, was doing a live stream yesterday and about 10:30 minutes in, he was asked if he was going to watch the KISS livestream, he replied, "I don't know, I have no idea what I am doing on new years eve." He then said, "For all the people saying KISS is greedy and at it again charging all these different prices, This isn't their idea, they were hired.
Maybe we should start a new album fund and hire them to make an album with the producer of our choice.
Soylent Gene

Post by Soylent Gene »

HOFCity wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:58 pm
Maybe we should start a new album fund and hire them to make an album with the producer of our choice.
Ask Ros to help. He’s amazing at raising funds from KISS fans.
Hipster1
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by Hipster1 »

Doose wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:12 pm
Must have been a pretty good chunk of change to get Gene and Paul out of their houses, rehearse and fly half way around the world during a pandemic. How much are we guessing? $2 million and all of their expenses covered on top?

Really 2 million each ....guess again ....research what bands charge in non-COVID times to play in the Middle East....to do this ....now? They are making a killing ...I could image anything less than 5 each ....depends of the rights to the future DVD which they will get....yeah they will get a lot of back-end perks and revenue....the hotel and promoter of the event will give their guarantees...however they will get a lot of other stuff off of it...
Doose

Post by Doose »

Hipster1 wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:20 pm

Really 2 million each ....guess again ....research what bands charge in non-COVID times to play in the Middle East....to do this ....now? They are making a killing ...I could image anything less than 5 each ....depends of the rights to the future DVD which they will get....yeah they will get a lot of back-end perks and revenue....the hotel and promoter of the event will give their guarantees...however they will get a lot of other stuff off of it...
No way any promoter is going to waste $10 million just on guarantees for Gene and Paul. For $10 million + expenses, you could get a MUCH bigger band than KISS.
Fartbone
Banned

Post by Fartbone »

Is Paul getting divorced again?
Hipster1
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by Hipster1 »

Doose wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:31 pm

No way any promoter is going to waste $10 million just on guarantees for Gene and Paul. For $10 million + expenses, you could get a MUCH bigger band than KISS.
Lol....a lot of moving parts with this....how much do you think Gene and Paul take home night each night on the End of the Road tour...I’m talking everything??? Just wondering how much you think....
highvoltage1969
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by highvoltage1969 »

Doose wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:31 pm

I agree, $10million is absurd.
highvoltage1969
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by highvoltage1969 »

firekiss wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:47 pm
One might question where "safe" is. The USA or Dubai?
I'd feel safer traveling to the UAE on a private plane, being fast tracked through customs and mingling with a few dozen staff, management and promoters than I would spending half an hour in Walmart fingering cauliflowers.
acefan1975
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by acefan1975 »

[/quote]
Lol....a lot of moving parts with this....how much do you think Gene and Paul take home night each night on the End of the Road tour...I’m talking everything??? Just wondering how much you think....
[/quote]

I would guess 250k each tops
sugardaddy
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by sugardaddy »

Dubai Rock City aint cheap and neither is KISS.
shandi777

Post by shandi777 »

I assumed they were hired...they would never risk putting their own money up for this. They have a track record of allowing others to take the risk....can't blame them.
Tito
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Tito »

KISSFACE wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:02 pm Ha, but i wish somebody had budgeted for a graphic design artist, too.
Nothing says classic KISS like an excessive, infernal sea of fire. If only Ken Kelly and Michael Doret had understood that.
Spiritual_Chaos

Post by Spiritual_Chaos »

BC Witch wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:13 pm He says that ticket prices are different depending on what camera angle/distance you choose?! Is that right? That's crazy.
Yeah, isn't that the idea... that you get a virtual seat in the arena? Or have I perceived it wrong?
Stanley! You look so cute

Post by Stanley! You look so cute »

Fartbone wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:35 pm Is Paul getting divorced again?
Just from his voice.
Kisscandinavia

Post by Kisscandinavia »

If I were a billionaire, I would pay those two greedy guys enough cash to make a new album. An 80's style Kiss album.
BC Witch

Post by BC Witch »

Spiritual_Chaos wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:26 am
BC Witch wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:13 pm He says that ticket prices are different depending on what camera angle/distance you choose?! Is that right? That's crazy.
Yeah, isn't that the idea... that you get a virtual seat in the arena? Or have I perceived it wrong?
I thought the 'loads of cameras' angle was a selling point as in 'you can switch between loads of views in real time' but I guess I was wrong. You get a few angles but have to pay more to see nearer the stage. What a strange arrangement.
Tbond
Banned

Post by Tbond »

Den Dennis wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:17 pm
OrigialEraFan wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:46 pm "For all the people saying KISS is greedy and at it again charging all these different prices, This isn't their idea, they were hired.
Was there a gun held to their heads?
Exactly. Is that statement supposed to absolve them of any responsibility?
DubaiRockCity
Banned

Post by DubaiRockCity »

What a joke, they’re seriously charging more to watch a fake show with fake singing from a closer angle?
KissRMe4life
Banned

Post by KissRMe4life »

Being replacement members Must be like the ultimate double edged sword. On one hand you have one of the greatest jobs in the world, but on the other hand if you don’t do exactly what you were told you could be replaced at a moments notice.

Paul and Gene like to think that they are responsible for kisses success 100%, but it was for guys in the beginning that started it, and for what it’s worth kiss stopped being viable pretty much in the mid 80s. They didn’t invent the wheel and they don’t really know how the big boys do it, they just like to talk a bunch of hype, and in 2020 everyone is playing the hype game.... so it ends up looking silly with them being 70 year old hypsters.
StarChildBlade
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by StarChildBlade »

DubaiRockCity wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:16 am What a joke, they’re seriously charging more to watch a fake show with fake singing from a closer angle?
Yeah, seriously, this can’t be right. What does the cheapest ticket get you, a single camera shot from distance like some of those old VHS bootleg shows?
Crown Royal
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Crown Royal »

aceeg wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:42 pm Who the hell is going to sit gone NYE and order a KISS Ppv concert?
No one!
During a pandemic, I think a lot of people will be spending NYE at home. In that sense, the marketing works.
Crown Royal
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Crown Royal »

BC Witch wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:29 am
I thought the 'loads of cameras' angle was a selling point as in 'you can switch between loads of views in real time' but I guess I was wrong. You get a few angles but have to pay more to see nearer the stage. What a strange arrangement.
Gene and Paul are a fucking joke at this point, if this is true. Has this been confirmed?
Grizzly Adams

Post by Grizzly Adams »

Crown Royal wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:54 am
Gene and Paul are a fucking joke at this point, if this is true. Has this been confirmed?
Yes.
This has been confirmed.

In addition, the base price of $39.99 only gets you the video feed.
The audio is an extra $39.99.
Crown Royal
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Crown Royal »

Now you're lying
Grizzly Adams

Post by Grizzly Adams »

and they are bringing back Eric Singer's bazooka for this one-time-only-special-event.
He will be launching bottles of hand sanitizer towards the people watching from their hotel balconies in Dubai.
Fans at home will be able to view this portion of the show for an additional $39.99.
joma5477

Post by joma5477 »

How do you know when you've pulled a bit too much BS as a band over the years? When someone says something as ridiculous as camera distance pricing for a filmed concert and people actually believe it! :lol:
Crown Royal
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Crown Royal »

Grizzly Adams wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:17 am and they are bringing back Eric Singer's bazooka for this one-time-only-special-event.
He will be launching bottles of hand sanitizer towards the people watching from their hotel balconies in Dubai.
Fans at home will be able to view this portion of the show for an additional $39.99.
Now that I may pay for
Crown Royal
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Crown Royal »

joma5477 wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:24 am How do you know when you've pulled a bit too much BS as a band over the years? When someone says something as ridiculous as camera distance pricing for a filmed concert and people actually believe it! :lol:
I got on their site, and don't see different levels of pricing for camera angles.

That seems just too much, yes, even for Gene and Paul
Ack Attack
Banned

Post by Ack Attack »

I read on Facebook that you have to buy the $299 & $999 packages to see the “Guinness World Record Fireworks”. The 2 lower priced packages only gets you a Sparkler Ensemble.
Tito
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Tito »

Crown Royal wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:28 am That seems just too much, yes, even for Gene and Paul
BC Witch

Post by BC Witch »

Crown Royal wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:54 am
I'm just going by what that guy said in the interview. It could well be that he misinterpreted the 'multi camera' thing. I mean it would be crazy to do 'tiered seating' on PPV. I can't imagine even KISS agreeing to that.
DubaiRockCity
Banned

Post by DubaiRockCity »

They could bring back Paul’s 2001 t-shirt cannon he used in Australia and shoot out masks.
metaldad
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by metaldad »

aceeg wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:42 pm Who the hell is going to sit gone NYE and order a KISS Ppv concert?
No one!
Look where you are bro 😀
Some 🐑 will be ordering the $1000 sit on your couch’vip’ ticket
Velvis

Post by Velvis »

No one!
In 2020? Probably a decent amount.
Velvis

Post by Velvis »

joma5477 wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:24 am How do you know when you've pulled a bit too much BS as a band over the years? When someone says something as ridiculous as camera distance pricing for a filmed concert and people actually believe it! :lol:
Obviously the camera distance is a ridiculous idea. It's stream quality.

$39.99 for throttles 56K dialup speeds and 400x250 resolution.
Dankiss
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by Dankiss »

Kisscandinavia wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:30 am If I were a billionaire, I would pay those two greedy guys enough cash to make a new album. An 80's style Kiss album.
Who would be singing, my friend?