KISS 2020 Goodbye Poll

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.

Will you purchase this PPV Streaming Event

Yes
26%
No
74%

Total votes: 431

Grand Classic
Banned

Re: KISS 2020 Goodbye Poll

Post by Grand Classic »

Mr Slow wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:57 pm
Grand Classic wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:18 pm
Mr Slow wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:04 pm
Grand Classic wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:37 pmYes, I could do a better job than the KISS does over the decisions they make. Doc is useless. They so needed a Bill Aucoin type running the band for last 20+ years.
I think we’re done here. Clueless doesn’t even begin to cover it. 🙄
Keep being a sheep and swallow whatever KISS gives you with zero objectivity.
Who says I’m swallowing it?!?!
Interestingly enough, I’ve never once said if I’m buying this Dubai thing or not. Chances are I’ll be away for work on NYE. I also never once said anybody else should buy it. But I did say several times that I have only spent 10 bucks on KISS in the past 2 years and constantly say how inexcusable it is that they haven’t put out more new music over the past 20 years. So how exact am I a sheep? And what exactly am I swallowing? I’d actually take being a sheep (which these days apparently means you like some things the band does) over being a whiny, complaining, entitled and clueless curmudgeon.

It’s absolutely extraordinary to me that anybody would be arrogant and ignorant enough to sit here as a nobody on a message board and suggest they’d run KISS better than the band or management does. Reminds me of those people who criticise a politician, suggesting they’d do a better job. You’ve got absolutely no idea what it takes to keep an empire like KISS running. “Umm... errrr... Release archive footage!” I’m sure it’s that simple! 🙄

Gene & Paul have been at this almost 50 years. They’ve managed to stay alive through the incredible highs and the darkest lows and despite being continuously written off again and again they are still able to sell out arenas right to the end. Doc McGhee has a resumé few others can match. Mötley Crüe, Bon Jovi & KISS just for starters. Sure he and KISS have made mistakes, but so did Aucoin. Solo albums, Phantom movie, THE ELDER, all happened under his management.

How could anybody suggest that Gene, Paul & Doc have got it wrong when this tired and worn out product we know and (allegedly) love as KISS has seen better days but can still rake in millions of dollars and have a following in the millions? Honestly, the idea of some clown on a message board thinking he could do a better job isn’t just laughable or conceited, it’s downright delusional!
You just don't get it.

No one is saying they aren't successful, but there are better ways of doing things. It is SO easy to get KISS fans to part with their money, that no real effort from the band needs to be made. That is a problem. KISS are fucking cheap and lazy, so it is just easier for them to tour endlessly and collect money that way.

KISS could have really used a manager that was a visionary and an idea man. Doc is just an office monkey for the most part and he does what the band tells him to do as opposed to the KISS doing what the manager tells them to do.

Seriously if KISS were younger and had another 10 years or so in them, anyone could do a better job running the band in a more exciting way to really please fans that doesn't have them automatically assume that an "epic countdown" is going to be a disappointment....yet again.
steve
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by steve »

woodworm001 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:50 amCashing in on people that can't see family or friends on NYE
Whoa, wait, hold on. People see family or friends on NYE? What manner of sorcery is this?

I haven't done anything on NYE for two decades, and even then I only stayed up to enjoy the apocalypse that didn't happen. Disappointed!
Mr Slow
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Mr Slow »

woodworm001 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:50 amCashing in on people that can't see family or friends on NYE
Or (and considering it’s airing at different times depending on where you live) they are providing people with something to do when we can’t see family & friends. Yeah there’s a cost and these guys aren’t going to be charitable after 47 years of being the opposite of that, but at least it will provide some entertainment to KISS fans who can’t go out and celebrate the end of a very challenging year for planet earth.
I Am A FREAK

Post by I Am A FREAK »

johnkissfan1974 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:26 pm I am hoping its a huge disappointment as far as sales. The band is milking this tit for every last drop and guess what - the tits are empty Paul! Instead of offering a shitty TV concert they shouldve spent 2020 aka COVID19 year remastering all the contents of the vault. They have tons of slides they own the rights to. This fucking bullshit countdown clock shoudve announced the largest fucking collection any fan has ever dreamed. An extensive photobook filled with stories from all members of the Kiss family, plus “x” number cd’s featuring demos/live material/alternate tracks/radio ads and interviews and lastly “x” amount of DVD’s featuring all the remastered videos, full concerts including the Alive!, Alive II, Alive III performances. Name the box set “KISSTORIC” and be done with the band. THATS what this fucking band should’ve done! I’m so fucking frustrated with this band.
the same for me
metalfuel

Post by metalfuel »

No, price is too high for a stream.

And as it looks now I will be working.
AceTattoo
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by AceTattoo »

Was kinda excited .... since I never go out on NYE... thought what the hell... grab some beers , watch a live show.... then noticed it’s on at noon eastern time... I’ll be working.... it’s on 9 am pacific time... I guess a breakfast show for those folks. Lol
OHKISSFAN

Post by OHKISSFAN »

johnkissfan1974 wrote:
I am hoping its a huge disappointment as far as sales.
:roll:

wow....what a fan.
WI KISSfan
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by WI KISSfan »

Wichita77 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:25 pm With roughly 75% of FAQ members not interested (so far anyway) it makes me wonder just how successful this will be in the end.

In my opinion, the population here on the FAQ tends to be much more jaded than the causal fan.

What will play into this event's success will be no live concerts going on and people looking for entertainment.

I do agree the pricing is not user friendly, but that's not uncommon for KISS either.
Fartbone
Banned

Post by Fartbone »

WI KISSfan wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:38 am
Wichita77 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:25 pm With roughly 75% of FAQ members not interested (so far anyway) it makes me wonder just how successful this will be in the end.

In my opinion, the population here on the FAQ tends to be much more jaded than the causal fan.

What will play into this event's success will be no live concerts going on and people looking for entertainment.

I do agree the pricing is not user friendly, but that's not uncommon for KISS either.
so you have become complacent.
WI KISSfan

Post by WI KISSfan »

Fartbone wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:51 am

Complacent to what?

It seems that fans who aren't on here are generally more excited about this livestream. On here? It's a shit show, it's terrible, wouldn't watch it for free, etc.
Trance
Banned

Post by Trance »

Someone will lose a lot of money on this, it won’t be KISS because they’ve already been paid, prices are ridiculous ... I could care less about fire and bombs.

For $20 I would’ve paid for a simple Troubadour show.
Fartbone
Banned

Post by Fartbone »

WI KISSfan wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:58 am

Complacent to what?

It seems that fans who aren't on here are generally more excited about this livestream. On here? It's a shit show, it's terrible, wouldn't watch it for free, etc.
let's focus on the word epic

how is a concert with the same stale set list (it will be) epic? From any band?

Perhaps removing the word epic from this event would have made it less of a farce.
Wiped Out 78

Post by Wiped Out 78 »

Not interested, but I may go back and watch this one, since it looked pretty sharp on my big tv:

kevsdad
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by kevsdad »

After seeing all of the snide Tweets from Gene when ever someone “famous” gets COVID no thanks. He and Paul shit on anyone who may not see eye to eye with them about locking down, yet they’ll have hundreds of crew members working halfway across the world so they can cash in.
I’ve defended them with most of their moves, but not this BS.
Doose

Post by Doose »

Fartbone wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:10 am

Complacent to what?

Perhaps removing the word epic from this event would have made it less of a farce.
Remember, though, this isn't a concert for the hardcore fans. This is a concert for the masses, and so when you talked about a 250-foot stage, a million in pyro, New Years Eve, etc., it's definitely epic.

I have a feeling, though, that if Iron Maiden did the exact same gimmick, a lot of people here would think it was epic and be complaining, "Why doesn't KISS do something like that?!?!" lol
Fartbone
Banned

Post by Fartbone »

Doose wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:28 pm

Complacent to what?

Remember, though, this isn't a concert for the hardcore fans. This is a concert for the masses, and so when you talked about a 250-foot stage, a million in pyro, New Years Eve, etc., it's definitely epic.

I have a feeling, though, that if Iron Maiden did the exact same gimmick, a lot of people here would think it was epic and be complaining, "Why doesn't KISS do something like that?!?!" lol
It would be equally as non "epic".
Grand Classic
Banned

Post by Grand Classic »

It is also really not a good look that KISS is playing in Dubai - one of the worst places on the planet built on the backs of illegal slaves in addition to other horrible factors. Perhaps something this "epic" should have happened in America, Canada, Australia, etc.
TheSphinx
Banned

Post by TheSphinx »

This is for the hardcore fans. The masses in the US aren't going to pay $50 to watch a live stream in the morning. They'll be watching some NFL game or college game or something.

Since this is really just a big PROMO for ATLANTIS.... they would have been far smarter...airing it on delay in the US.

They could have bought time on one of the cable channels and aired it for free and just promoted the heck out of Atlantis Dubai and Atlantis in the Bahamas.

And when so many things KISS sings about could get you thrown in jail (or worse) in Dubai...... you really have to wonder why KISS was chosen.

At least we shouldn't have to listen to Paul stage rap the Cold Gin intro or hear them sing it.

I really don't think most KISS fans are Atlantis Dubai's target audience.
TheSphinx
Banned

Post by TheSphinx »

Grand Classic wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:37 pm It is also really not a good look that KISS is playing in Dubai - one of the worst places on the planet built on the backs of illegal slaves in addition to other horrible factors. Perhaps something this "epic" should have happened in America, Canada, Australia, etc.
It is odd they turned down $1M to do a series of shows in SUN CITY back in 84/85.... when they REALLY NEEDED THE MONEY....but they would do this now.

If I had been them, I would have done the Sun City shows back then and dealt with the slight back lash.
Jamcarl321
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Jamcarl321 »

No. I didn’t do The Last KISS PPV either. It’ll be available at some point.
DubaiRockCity
Banned

Post by DubaiRockCity »

Grand Classic wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:37 pm It is also really not a good look that KISS is playing in Dubai - one of the worst places on the planet built on the backs of illegal slaves in addition to other horrible factors. Perhaps something this "epic" should have happened in America, Canada, Australia, etc.
America had slaves and “other horrible factors”. Australia has a horrible history of marginalising aboriginals. Every country on earth has negative things, if you want to play that game. You’re on a highway to nowhere. Totally irrelevant comment. Should they not ever play parts of Europe and Asia due to past involvement in world wars? Come on man.
Grand Classic
Banned

Post by Grand Classic »

DubaiRockCity wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:47 pm
America had slaves and “other horrible factors”. Australia has a horrible history of marginalising aboriginals. Every country on earth has negative things, if you want to play that game. You’re on a highway to nowhere. Totally irrelevant comment. Should they not ever play parts of Europe and Asia due to past involvement in world wars? Come on man.
Yes, you are right - Dubai is like saying Canada now. The change has been astronomical.
ohiostate98
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by ohiostate98 »

Complacent to what?

Iron Maiden has never had a stale setlist though.
Phyllis Simmons

Post by Phyllis Simmons »

TheSphinx wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:40 pm
It is odd they turned down $1M to do a series of shows in SUN CITY back in 84/85.... when they REALLY NEEDED THE MONEY....but they would do this now.

If I had been them, I would have done the Sun City shows back then and dealt with the slight back lash.
Really? I'm pretty good with most of my Kisstory and I dont recall ever hearing them being offered to play Sun City in '84?
It seems the type of thing that Gene and Paul would have definitely mentioned in their books that they in fact turned it down. Being able to make a stand like that? I'm sure they would have mentioned it many times over the years? See what decent people we are!

I saw a you tube clip and Queen played there in '85. Brian seems a bit uncomfortable and basically just says we are playing here because we have been asked. Never heard the KISS one.. Rumour?!
redinthesky
A really important Kiss fan!
A really important Kiss fan!

Post by redinthesky »

Phyllis Simmons wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:15 am

Really? I'm pretty good with most of my Kisstory and I dont recall ever hearing them being offered to play Sun City in '84?
It seems the type of thing that Gene and Paul would have definitely mentioned in their books that they in fact turned it down. Being able to make a stand like that? I'm sure they would have mentioned it many times over the years? See what decent people we are!

I saw a you tube clip and Queen played there in '85. Brian seems a bit uncomfortable and basically just says we are playing here because we have been asked. Never heard the KISS one.. Rumour?!
I haven't read it in a while but I believe Chris Lendt briefly verifies the Sun City offer in his "Kiss and Sell" book, and the offer may have been 800k, but I may be remembering that wrong.
daltonic1

Post by daltonic1 »

i said no, but only because i think it's way too expensive to watch a 2 hour fireworks display on TV.
if it was cheaper, i'd prob do it because there's nothing else to do and i do appreciate how much effort this is taking for everyone involved.
Velvis

Post by Velvis »

I guess I don't understand the KISS diehards. KISS is offering a concert for $40.00 on NYE in a year where normal celebrations are not a good idea. I would think everyone here would welcome this.

Is it that no one has money left over from buying the 4th reissue of an album they already own but now bought it in 4 different vinyl colors, and arent gonna open any of them and have them all collect dust?

Different strokes and all that, but why the hate for a $40 concert?
Nellcote71
Banned

Post by Nellcote71 »

Complacent to what?

I have a feeling, though, that if Iron Maiden did the exact same gimmick, a lot of people here would think it was epic and be complaining, "Why doesn't KISS do something like that?!?!" Lol
Does Maiden play to a tape too?
I guess Thayer reminds me of “Eddie” - mindless crash test dummy galavanting aimlessly around the stage pretending to be someone else :D
Ace of Bass

Post by Ace of Bass »

TheSphinx wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:37 pm I really don't think most KISS fans are Atlantis Dubai's target audience.
The amount of money some folks around the FAQ pour into KISS on a regular basis makes me wonder if the Emirate of Dubai himself posts here.
DubaiRockCity
Banned

Post by DubaiRockCity »

Velvis wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:48 pm
Is it that no one has money left over from buying the 4th reissue of an album they already own but now bought it in 4 different vinyl colors, and arent gonna open any of them and have them all collect dust?
Pain
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by Pain »

Platinum package for me.
Mr Slow
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Mr Slow »

Doose wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:28 pm I have a feeling, though, that if Iron Maiden did the exact same gimmick, a lot of people here would think it was epic and be complaining, "Why doesn't KISS do something like that?!?!" lol
This might be the most accurate thing said on the subject.
Phyllis Simmons

redinthesky wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:21 am

I haven't read it in a while but I believe Chris Lendt briefly verifies the Sun City offer in his "Kiss and Sell" book, and the offer may have been 800k, but I may be remembering that wrong.
My favourite KISS book too! You’re ringing a very vague bell? :scratch: Maybe? I cant quite remember; its been a while since I read it too.
I remember Lendt talks about a few dodgy promoters he dealt with; the “no problem” guy from Mexico, etc.

Re Sun City I guess its possible very preliminary discussions may have taken place that never really went anywhere?
For Gene and Paul as far as I know to have never referenced it is a little odd though?
jbromusic
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by jbromusic »

No. I haven't given these guys a penny of my money since I bought a Carnival Of Souls cassette for my car back in 1997.
wjs296
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by wjs296 »

I am debating whether or not to buy the ticket for this event. I have seen them 40 + times including once on the EOTR tour. I thought that show was enjoyable but not one of the most memorable that I have seen. It has been a tough year and given the virus situation, I will be staying at home. The question is, do I purchase this ticket or watch a vintage show of the band. My sense is that if you approach this event as entertainment for the evening, you will be satisfied. If you are looking for a legendary show and a new setlist, you may disappointed. I will probably wait to make my decision nearer the end of the year.
AstroWarped

Post by AstroWarped »

wjs296 wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:58 am I am debating whether or not to buy the ticket for this event. I have seen them 40 + times including once on the EOTR tour. I thought that show was enjoyable but not one of the most memorable that I have seen. It has been a tough year and given the virus situation, I will be staying at home. The question is, do I purchase this ticket or watch a vintage show of the band. My sense is that if you approach this event as entertainment for the evening, you will be satisfied. If you are looking for a legendary show and a new setlist, you may disappointed. I will probably wait to make my decision nearer the end of the year.
Ha! I have been waiting since the Animalize tour for a completely different set-list, (1st show for me was the Lick it Up one)!

Thing is, is that Gene & Paul have forgotten how to play most of their tunes, meanwhile an artist like Kepi Ghoulie can come online and give us his entire catalog almost daily!

Gene and Paul also just don't have the balls to play all of their new tunes when a new album comes out, thus helping them forget how to play things.

That said why the hell, put tunes on an album if you are not going to play them live?!?! They can do some shows where a whole new or old album is played live and then spread those tunes out during different legs of a tour.

But no, they are stuck with basically the basic routine of just swapping in a couple new and or rare tunes, the stretch being maybe 4.
scottbassist
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by scottbassist »

ohiostate98 wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:08 am

Complacent to what?

Iron Maiden has never had a stale setlist though.
Yeah, but I was bummed they didn’t play Run to the Hills at my show about 5 years ago. Yes, RTTH is a “safe” choice to like, but I would have liked to have heard it live. And yes, I own all Maiden releases up to Live After Death, so I’m more than just a casual fan of Maiden. 😄

P.S. The first time I saw Maiden was early 1985 on their Powerslave/World Slavery Tour. It’s cool that that night’s lineup in 1985 was the same lineup I saw about 5 years ago (plus Janick on third guitar.) 😎
TheSphinx
Banned

Post by TheSphinx »

I said 1984 or 1985. It was 1985. Page 300 KIss and Sell. They were willing to pay ALL EXPENSES and then $800,000 on top of expenses. Howard Marks tried to push them to do it but Gene and Paul balked at it.

Howard Marks even talked to Sinatra's attorney... he had played their recently. They still wouldn't do it.

That $800,000 PROFIT would have paid a ton of bills they had sitting around. Sure Rolling Stone magazine and others would have bitched some but who cares.. I doubt the majority of their fan base would have given much thought to them playing there.
Phyllis Simmons

TheSphinx wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:01 pm

I said 1984 or 1985. It was 1985. Page 300 KIss and Sell. They were willing to pay ALL EXPENSES and then $800,000 on top of expenses. Howard Marks tried to push them to do it but Gene and Paul balked at it.

Howard Marks even talked to Sinatra's attorney... he had played their recently. They still wouldn't do it.

That $800,000 PROFIT would have paid a ton of bills they had sitting around. Sure Rolling Stone magazine and others would have bitched some but who cares.. I doubt the majority of their fan base would have given much thought to them playing there.
Cool thanks for that. I’ll have to dig up my copy. Red remembered correct it was 800k!
Very strange times.

It transcended the sports world big time in the Commonwealth countries too; probably more so than the music/ entertainment world. England and Australia each had several “rebel tours” (unofficial) - against South Africa in cricket and rugby during the 80’s. Basically 2nd stringers and one-time national team players partook in the “tours” and as I understand each player earned equivalent of 2 or 3 years salary for 1 tour of maybe 5 or 6 games. Tempting for many! From memory they got bans of a few years from the sports bodies when they got back. It was very strange; very controversial, a huge deal at the time. I was a kid then and I kinda understood it; but obviously not fully.

I really do compliment Gene and Paul for not taking the bait; especially if it in fact was firmly on the table. It does surprise me that they never mentioned refusing the offer? It seems like something Gene would highlight to get some mileage out of? Maybe they did at the time?
Can anyone remember them talking about it??

I had a quick look at the Queen in Sun City thing again, and theres an interview on their return and Brian and Roger are really dragged over the coals.
Rog’ was like “I don’t know if we did the right thing?”
Brain said we donated to hospitals, orphanages, etc, and he said they were never going to play to segregated audiences which they didn’t at their Sun City shows. It’s pretty much forgotten really about Queen now; but maybe it was best KISS didn’t play there. Something hanging over their heads all these years later?? Maybe?
TheSphinx
Banned

Post by TheSphinx »

Phyllis Simmons wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:07 am Cool thanks for that. I’ll have to dig up my copy. Red remembered correct it was 800k!
Very strange times.

It transcended the sports world big time in the Commonwealth countries too; probably more so than the music/ entertainment world. England and Australia each had several “rebel tours” (unofficial) - against South Africa in cricket and rugby during the 80’s. Basically 2nd stringers and one-time national team players partook in the “tours” and as I understand each player earned equivalent of 2 or 3 years salary for 1 tour of maybe 5 or 6 games. Tempting for many! From memory they got bans of a few years from the sports bodies when they got back. It was very strange; very controversial, a huge deal at the time. I was a kid then and I kinda understood it; but obviously not fully.

I really do compliment Gene and Paul for not taking the bait; especially if it in fact was firmly on the table. It does surprise me that they never mentioned refusing the offer? It seems like something Gene would highlight to get some mileage out of? Maybe they did at the time?
Can anyone remember them talking about it??

I had a quick look at the Queen in Sun City thing again, and theres an interview on their return and Brian and Roger are really dragged over the coals.
Rog’ was like “I don’t know if we did the right thing?”
Brain said we donated to hospitals, orphanages, etc, and he said they were never going to play to segregated audiences which they didn’t at their Sun City shows. It’s pretty much forgotten really about Queen now; but maybe it was best KISS didn’t play there. Something hanging over their heads all these years later?? Maybe?

I think the UK and Britain gave a bigger **** about it than over in the US. The British musicians union banned their artists from playing.

Stevie Van Zandts horrible "Won't Play Sun City" song only went to #38 in the states...but went to #21 in the UK and Top 5 in Sweeden, Belgium and some others.

And I wonder if Gene was managing Liza when she played there. She played to an integrated audience. About 200 there were non-white. Dolly Parton and others played there without any blowback. Elton John played there. Olivia Newton John, Ray Charles, Beach Boys, Barry Manilow etc.
But I would imagine it was a much bigger story for acts across the pond than those in the US.

And what is interesting is Gene has blasted artists who refuse to play Israel. It's always going to to be something.
Stav.karas
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by Stav.karas »

Grand Classic wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:47 pm I am sure that it will be on all the illegal download sites immediately after the first viewing and yes, a ton of KISS fans are going to go that route.
I sure I know I will. Proud? Not really. Understandable? Heck yeah! I'm in Australia and am not watching a lip synced stale setlist at 4 am and not even be able to keep the show indefinitely. Rip off.

Kiss, I love you very much but no thanks man.
Mr Slow
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Mr Slow »

Velvis wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:48 pm I guess I don't understand the KISS diehards. KISS is offering a concert for $40.00 on NYE in a year where normal celebrations are not a good idea. I would think everyone here would welcome this.

You’ve gotta understand the KISS Army in 2020.
If KISS offered to play a free concert in a fans backyard he’d complain that they wanted to plug into his electricity.
The key word here is ENTITLED.
KF73

Post by KF73 »

Most times I leave a sliver of "maybe"... not this time. No interest in paying to watch them on TV after seeing them live for so many times.
Crown Royal
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Crown Royal »

Mr Slow wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:49 pm
Velvis wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:48 pm I guess I don't understand the KISS diehards. KISS is offering a concert for $40.00 on NYE in a year where normal celebrations are not a good idea. I would think everyone here would welcome this.

You’ve gotta understand the KISS Army in 2020.
If KISS offered to play a free concert in a fans backyard he’d complain that they wanted to plug into his electricity.
The key word here is ENTITLED.
Yes, KISS has given their fans so much to feel "entitled" over :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Vandelay Industries

Post by Vandelay Industries »

Mr Slow wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:14 am
Doose wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:28 pm I have a feeling, though, that if Iron Maiden did the exact same gimmick, a lot of people here would think it was epic and be complaining, "Why doesn't KISS do something like that?!?!" lol
This might be the most accurate thing said on the subject.
Well, get back to us whenever Maiden decides to lower the bar for themselves to even be in that same situation, otherwise it's just a nonsensical hypothetical deflection of the reality at hand...
Tbond
Banned

Post by Tbond »

kevsdad wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:25 am After seeing all of the snide Tweets from Gene when ever someone “famous” gets COVID no thanks. He and Paul shit on anyone who may not see eye to eye with them about locking down, yet they’ll have hundreds of crew members working halfway across the world so they can cash in.
Exactly. These are the points everyone glosses over.
Tito
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Tito »

Tbond wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:28 am
kevsdad wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:25 am After seeing all of the snide Tweets from Gene when ever someone “famous” gets COVID no thanks. He and Paul shit on anyone who may not see eye to eye with them about locking down, yet they’ll have hundreds of crew members working halfway across the world so they can cash in.
Exactly. These are the points everyone glosses over.
Maybe the entire crew will be cycling in with their masks on. It'll be fine.
Strutter67

Post by Strutter67 »

Crown Royal wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:07 am
Strutter67 wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:51 am
Crown Royal wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:33 am
Strutter67 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:23 pm
Crown Royal wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:44 am
Fartbone wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:42 am Foo fighters did one last week for $15.00

one cost, nothing extra
Gene and Paul are just continuing what they've been doing the last ten years or so: proving that their most virulent critics , especially the ones who said they are all about money first, were absolutely, 100% correct.

So sad how it's all ending.

Wow really? The Foo Fighters? Smh. $40 for a full spectacle KISS show isn't a stretch. It seems plainly obvious those who want to complain will always find a reason to complain. It takes money to ship that entire stage set to Dubai and for only one show. ONE!!! This isn't a tour, there won't be multiple shows. If they don't get enough purchases they will lose money. They still have to pay everyone to set up the stage not to mention pay for everyone's travel to another country. This isn't a show right up the street. Where did the Foo Fighters do their show? Was it a full concert experience? Full stage? I mean come on. You can't compare a Foo Fighers concert to a KISS concert. If this was a stripped down, club or Kruise show you would 100% have a legit complaint. But that doesn't appear to be what they're going to do. It's going to be a full on, bombastic KISS concert. Not guys standing on a small stage with a few lights in blue jeans. Can you guys give KISS a break on anything? Apparently not
Can you criticize KISS over anything, like say, gouging fans during a once-in-a-century pandemic and all its terrible economic ramifications?

Of course not.

$40 is gouging KISS fans? Really? $40???????? No you ALWAYS look for something to bitch about. It's not like the base price is $250. If it was then you would have a legit complaint. If you don't want to pay $250 you don't have to in order to see it. Just pay the $40 and be done with it. I'm not paying the $250 and I'm ok with anyone who wants to. It's their choice. But again it's not gouging if there's a reasonable, cheaper option and in this case there most certainly is. So try to not be glass half empty or if you hate KISS that much find something else to do with your time. Coming here complaining is nothing more than a waste of your time
That's not the only cost for this, and you know it.

What other cost? You don't have to spend $250. You can spend the $40 to see the show and that's it. Plus $1M in pyro. Who else does that? Did the Foo Fighters do that? Nope. Just try to give a little credit sometimes.
Strutter67

Post by Strutter67 »

Mr. Kiss wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:55 pm
Fartbone wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:42 am Foo fighters did one last week for $15.00

one cost, nothing extra
Gene and Paul are just continuing what they've been doing the last ten years or so: proving that their most virulent critics , especially the ones who said they are all about money first, were absolutely, 100% correct.

Wow really? The Foo Fighters? Smh. $40 for a full spectacle KISS show isn't a stretch. It seems plainly obvious those who want to complain will always find a reason to complain. It takes money to ship that entire stage set to Dubai and for only one show. ONE!!! This isn't a tour, there won't be multiple shows. If they don't get enough purchases they will lose money. They still have to pay everyone to set up the stage not to mention pay for everyone's travel to another country. This isn't a show right up the street. Where did the Foo Fighters do their show? Was it a full concert experience? Full stage? I mean come on. You can't compare a Foo Fighters concert to a KISS concert. If this was a stripped down, club or Kruise show you would 100% have a legit complaint. But that doesn't appear to be what they're going to do. It's going to be a full on, bombastic KISS concert. Not guys standing on a small stage with a few lights in blue jeans. Can you guys give KISS a break on anything? Apparently not
Can you criticize KISS over anything, like say, gouging fans during a once-in-a-century pandemic and all its terrible economic ramifications?

Of course not.

$40 is gouging KISS fans? Really? $40???????? No you ALWAYS look for something to bitch about. It's not like the base price is $250. If it was then you would have a legit complaint. If you don't want to pay $250 you don't have to in order to see it. Just pay the $40 and be done with it. I'm not paying the $250 and I'm ok with anyone who wants to. It's their choice. But again it's not gouging if there's a reasonable, cheaper option and in this case there most certainly is. So try to not be glass half empty or if you hate KISS that much find something else to do with your time. Coming here complaining is nothing more than a waste of your time
Actually S67, a discussion board dedicated to KISS is the perfect place to "complain" about them. But I digress. :|

I'll pass on this as well. :|

Not sure where you see $67. Says on their website $39.99.
Mr. Kiss

Post by Mr. Kiss »

Strutter67 wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:04 pm
Mr. Kiss wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:55 pm

one cost, nothing extra

Wow really? The Foo Fighters? Smh. $40 for a full spectacle KISS show isn't a stretch. It seems plainly obvious those who want to complain will always find a reason to complain. It takes money to ship that entire stage set to Dubai and for only one show. ONE!!! This isn't a tour, there won't be multiple shows. If they don't get enough purchases they will lose money. They still have to pay everyone to set up the stage not to mention pay for everyone's travel to another country. This isn't a show right up the street. Where did the Foo Fighters do their show? Was it a full concert experience? Full stage? I mean come on. You can't compare a Foo Fighters concert to a KISS concert. If this was a stripped down, club or Kruise show you would 100% have a legit complaint. But that doesn't appear to be what they're going to do. It's going to be a full on, bombastic KISS concert. Not guys standing on a small stage with a few lights in blue jeans. Can you guys give KISS a break on anything? Apparently not

Of course not.

Actually S67, a discussion board dedicated to KISS is the perfect place to "complain" about them. But I digress. :|

I'll pass on this as well. :|

Not sure where you see $67. Says on their website $39.99.

To clarify, I abbreviated your username S67. I'm aware that there isn't a $67 ticket. Sorry about the confusion. 8)