EOTR 2020 - Feb. 22, Grand Forks, ND

Admin
Prattish Pontificator

EOTR 2020 - Feb. 22, Grand Forks, ND

Post by Admin »

Plan meetups, discuss/review the show, share the set list...
Ghost_of_Paul_Lynde
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Re: EOTR 2020 - Feb. 22, Grand Forks, ND

Post by Ghost_of_Paul_Lynde »

UPDATE: Groupon now available for this show as well!
https://www.groupon.com/deals/gl-lnc-ki ... lis-2020-1
KISSINWPG
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by KISSINWPG »

I’ll be there! 6th row Paul’s side
Avidfan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Avidfan »

KISSINWPG wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:54 pm I’ll be there! 6th row Paul’s side
Nice! I saw the show a year ago March in Minneapolis, so this will be the 2nd show this weekend for me in GF, also a Winnipegger :)
We actually didn't even buy tickets till Monday this week, floor seats went on sale, so we'll be in row 4 or 5 I think!
All the negative shit aside that always comes up, should be fun.
Looking forward to Dave too :)
KISSINWPG
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by KISSINWPG »

Avidfan wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:04 pm
KISSINWPG wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:54 pm I’ll be there! 6th row Paul’s side
Nice! I saw the show a year ago March in Minneapolis, so this will be the 2nd show this weekend for me in GF, also a Winnipegger :)
We actually didn't even buy tickets till Monday this week, floor seats went on sale, so we'll be in row 4 or 5 I think!
All the negative shit aside that always comes up, should be fun.
Looking forward to Dave too :)
Awesome! This is my 10th KISS show, at the same place I saw my first concert ever which was the KISS/Aerosmith tour. Gonna be completely full circle for me, really stoked for it!
Avidfan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Avidfan »

Very cool. Think I'm in the high teens now. 17 I think.
First was Animalize in Winnipeg. Good times.
dlippel
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by dlippel »

I'll be there, my second Kiss concert. Living in Winnipeg as well, wondering if they're coming back to Canada...
dpetrishen
Newbie... Be nice to me!
Newbie... Be nice to me!

Post by dpetrishen »

I'll be there repping Winnipeg too! Section 204 Row A.
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

Over the years I’ve watched my fair share of interactive maps and the sales involved with them. That being said...I’d be hard pressed to find a poorer response than the upcoming date at the Alerus Center. Don’t get me wrong, Lafayette was in the same boat but their sales ticked up slightly and the show is further down the road. Flip a coin.

Now nothing really means a thing until there’s a boxscore. For Grand Forks, ND I’m going on record saying it’ll produce the worst numbers of any show announced so far for EOTR.

1st row is currently going for $497 and 2nd is for $76. I know that the term papering is thrown around here a lot. While even though the term technically means one thing...to use the broadest definition possible...this show is papered to the hilt. I’ve seen some utter magic on the tour so far. Three months after Barclays went on sale if you told me there’d be a million dollar gate I’d tell you to have your head examined. No, I’m not expecting some of these tertiary markets to do the same. Then again if I see anything above $250,000 for Alerus...I can’t explain where it’s coming from.

That being said I do believe this leg is going well as a whole. It’s the third trip through North America and when it’s all said and done? EOTR’s 2020 gates are gonna average roughly $1M a night draw $75M this year, and bring the tour totals to the neighborhood of $200M.

I don’t feel too sorry for them.
9DB38ED2-00C2-4341-9F06-5F000EA870A5.jpeg
Crown Royal
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Crown Royal »

A market prices in B and C markets generally doesn't go well.
KLP68
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by KLP68 »

I bet Grand Forks will have their share of walk ups. Being Saturday nothing to do. Cold weather, so let’s go catch thee KISS show.
RiverCitySlim
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by RiverCitySlim »

I'll be there from Winnipeg as well. I am betting a decent sized potion of the crowd will be Winnipegers. I got my tickets for Christmas but I am almost wishing that I didn't since I could be getting better tickets at a good price right now.
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

KLP68 wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:31 am I bet Grand Forks will have their share of walk ups. Being Saturday nothing to do. Cold weather, so let’s go catch thee KISS show.
It’ll be what it’ll be. The draw is what it is. I’m sure the place will be full. I’m extremely curious on the gate.

The dynamic pricing model is devised to extract as much revenue as it can out of any given market. It juiced record numbers in Peoria. It’ll squeeze whatever it can out of Grand Forks.
KLP68
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by KLP68 »

nibbler1982 wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:26 pm
KLP68 wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:31 am I bet Grand Forks will have their share of walk ups. Being Saturday nothing to do. Cold weather, so let’s go catch thee KISS show.
It’ll be what it’ll be. The draw is what it is. I’m sure the place will be full. I’m extremely curious on the gate.

The dynamic pricing model is devised to extract as much revenue as it can out of any given market. It juiced record numbers in Peoria. It’ll squeeze whatever it can out of Grand Forks.
KISS jet heading to Grand Forks. https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N25 ... /KSUX/KGFK
Crown Royal
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Crown Royal »

Let's just be glad they didn't sell out

Another tragedy averted
KLP68
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by KLP68 »

The KISS jet is fixin to take off towards Grand Forks. Have a great time this evening!

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N25 ... /KSUX/KGFK
tazchris
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by tazchris »

It seems like the majority of KISS Army Grand Forks are actually from Winnipeg. Makes me wonder why they would have just played in Winnipeg. Oh, that's right Winnipeg is in the Great Big Boycott Zone known as Western Canada. They couldn't possibly play markets that have over 1 million population, and NHL size venues. That would just be crazy.
Rockker
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Rockker »

tazchris wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:43 pm It seems like the majority of KISS Army Grand Forks are actually from Winnipeg. Makes me wonder why they would have just played in Winnipeg. Oh, that's right Winnipeg is in the Great Big Boycott Zone known as Western Canada. They couldn't possibly play markets that have over 1 million population, and NHL size venues. That would just be crazy.
Settle down, The Canadian tour will come next year...
dlippel
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by dlippel »

Place looked packed. Lots of people still coming in when Dave started playing, though.
Rockker
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Rockker »

Talked to Doc.. Winnipeg next spring
tazchris
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by tazchris »

Thanks for the encouraging news, and sorry for the negativity. I am going to look forward to next spring. I sure hope that DLR hangs in there for the next leg. I hope everyone had a blast tonight.
KLP68
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by KLP68 »

tazchris wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:20 am Thanks for the encouraging news, and sorry for the negativity. I am going to look forward to next spring. I sure hope that DLR hangs in there for the next leg. I hope everyone had a blast tonight.
No need for any apologies KISS should have a Winnipeg concert. KISS I bet will tour through Canada. I have been to Banff and Jasper basically Edmonton and Calgary and KISS should play both cities. Beautiful country Canada is :alien:
Tymaster
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by Tymaster »

Rockker wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:50 pm Talked to Doc.. Winnipeg next spring
Good. Canadian cities like Winnipeg, Edmonton, Calgary, etc deserve a tour.
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

As I’ve said from the beginning to my KISS Army brothers and sisters in the Great White North...

“Be patient...they’re coming.”

It would be fiscally irresponsible not to. :D
Avidfan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Avidfan »

Was a good time. Took a ton of pics and some video, a lot turned out, some didn't... Stupid phone. 😂
5th row on tommy's side was pretty good.
Paul seemed a bit more into it, smiling a lot more. Nobody was overly energetic though, they're pretty stationary.

Couple stinkers in the set where the audience was out, Say Yeah. Surprisingly Parasite too. I loved it, didn't seem to go over well. Love it loud was meh.
Being that close, Paul's lipsyncing was pretty glaring. It also seemed to misfire in DRC.

I will say it seemed like there was more pyro and confetti (I saw the Minneapolis show last March) . Being so close that was very cool.

The venue was smaller than I remember and with even 10 mins before DLR the place was empty.
Dave hit the stage and oddly the place filled up. Pretty sure they dumped a ton of tix down to dirt cheap.

Tommy used most of his linen of guitars plus a Black Gibson v for the solo. The blue Les Paul, white lightning and the Explorer as well, cool to see.

Paul had his iceman which are always awesome, although no purple!!
Other interesting (or not...) thing is that he played a black Fireman, basically a reverse Iceman, that was new to me and an odd choice I thought.

Dave was fun but ALL choruses and backing vocals were canned. Zero doubt. Dave had a perma smile the whole show and was super goofy. Fun show, the lead guitarist had really good tone and nailed all the solos. Rest of the band pretty generic.

Anyways, was a fun time, we drove 2 hours to the show in the aft, grabbed some lunch, hit the show, went for dinner after and drove home. In bed by 3!

Wish the set list was a bit fresher but all in all no regrets and hoping for a Winnipeg show one last time.
Avidfan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Avidfan »

Eric.PNG
Gene.PNG
Paul.PNG
Tommy.PNG
Rockker
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Rockker »

Avidfan wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:59 am Dave was fun but ALL choruses and backing vocals were canned.
I thought Michael Anthony was back stage singing :P
enabler
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by enabler »

Avidfan wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:59 am Couple stinkers in the set where the audience was out, Say Yeah. Surprisingly Parasite too. I loved it, didn't seem to go over well.
Very similar reaction in Sioux City. I was excited to see Parasite in the mix, but hardly anyone around me knew it. And Say Yeah was a palpable buzzkill. :|
Avidfan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Avidfan »

Other thing I forgot to mention, after the 2nd song, Paul started doing the audience participation thing, dividing the room in half. East vs West type thing. Way too early and spent way too much time on it. Very odd timing.
Nitpicking now 😉
KLP68
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by KLP68 »

I will see KISS in Lafayette and expect ticket sales to go similar to Grand Forks. Being on a Saturday will help I believe. I just love large crowds at concert events. So I hope Lafayette draws in the people.