EOTR 2020 - Feb. 18, Springfield, MO

Admin
Prattish Pontificator

EOTR 2020 - Feb. 18, Springfield, MO

Post by Admin »

Plan meetups, discuss/review the show, share the set list...
Ghost_of_Paul_Lynde
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Re: EOTR 2020 - Feb. 18, Springfield, MO

Post by Ghost_of_Paul_Lynde »

michaelstone1981
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by michaelstone1981 »

Will be on the floor in the 11th row with a friend and his wife. Looking forward to it
michaelstone1981
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Also, I would love to see some of the box office figures for this one. They discounted alot of tickets. I am thinking that this show maybe hasn't sold so well. But, Springfield is kind of out of the way too
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

michaelstone1981 wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:58 pm Also, I would love to see some of the box office figures for this one. They discounted alot of tickets. I am thinking that this show maybe hasn't sold so well. But, Springfield is kind of out of the way too
I second loving some boxscores on this one.

It wasn’t as easy to track considering the odd type interactive map they use but I’ve been watching and believe sales will mirror KISS’ last time at JQH.

KISS
JQH Arena
Springfield, MO
July 23, 2016
$505,754

It was one an above average boxscore last go ‘round.

Time will tell about this trip back.
scottbassist
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by scottbassist »

nibbler1982 wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:37 pm
michaelstone1981 wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:58 pm Also, I would love to see some of the box office figures for this one. They discounted alot of tickets. I am thinking that this show maybe hasn't sold so well. But, Springfield is kind of out of the way too

It wasn’t as easy to track considering the odd type interactive map they use but I’ve been watching and believe sales will mirror KISS’ last time at JQH.

KISS
JQH Arena
Springfield, MO
July 23, 2016
$505,754

I hated missing that 2016 Springfield show. My band had a gig that night three hours away so I couldn't make it. I also won't be able to go tomorrow night. Work. Ugh. :) I do love Springfield. It's a fun town. Vinyl record stores, restaurants, comic stores, a mall that doesn't stink, the town is a nice size that's easy to get around in and the people seem really laid-back, and some cool live shows. I also missed an Elvis Costello show there three or four years ago. I really dig Springfield.
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

scottbassist wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:57 pm

KISS
JQH Arena
Springfield, MO
July 23, 2016
$505,754

I hated missing that 2016 Springfield show. My band had a gig that night three hours away so I couldn't make it. I also won't be able to go tomorrow night. Work. Ugh. :) I do love Springfield. It's a fun town. Vinyl record stores, restaurants, comic stores, a mall that doesn't stink, the town is a nice size that's easy to get around in and the people seem really laid-back, and some cool live shows. I also missed an Elvis Costello show there three or four years ago. I really dig Springfield.
Elvis rocks.

I good friend of mine is friends with his ex Cait. Met him a bunch. Always a great show.

Last time I was at a MO mall was August ‘85. Whatever was closest to the Americana Hotel in Kansas City. I was at a wrestling convention and a bunch of us went to the mall one morning.

I remember it being tremendous. I was asking everyone about Michael’s Fine Clothing. It wasn’t much of a trip from the mall.
michaelstone1981
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

I'll be heading to Springfield straight from work tomorrow, about a 2 hour drive. As far as a 100 mile radius from my house, it's probably the best town to hunt for vinyl in. There are a TON of places to eat, you could probably never eat the same place for a year or better. Not a big fan of the mall, since there aren't any music stores in there anymore. But it really is a more laid back place for a bigger town. Yes, in this area, it's a big town :D
Wild Animals
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Wild Animals »

I'll be heading that way tomorrow afternoon! I hope they get us in the building faster than they did in 2016!
scottbassist
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by scottbassist »

nibbler1982 wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:06 pm

KISS
JQH Arena
Springfield, MO
July 23, 2016
$505,754

Elvis rocks.

I good friend of mine is friends with his ex Cait. Met him a bunch. Always a great show.

Last time I was at a MO mall was August ‘85. Whatever was closest to the Americana Hotel in Kansas City. I was at a wrestling convention and a bunch of us went to the mall one morning.

I remember it being tremendous. I was asking everyone about Michael’s Fine Clothing. It wasn’t much of a trip from the mall.

Cool you got to meet Costello! He's on my bucket list, for sure.

Kansas City is great, too. The Sprint Center is my second or third favorite arena, and the Uptown Theater there is a really cool, older venue. Saw an amazing Roger Daltrey solo show there almost a decade ago.

Have fun at Kiss tomorrow, everybody. Wish I could be there. I'll have to wait until Tulsa to catch them next.
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

scottbassist wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:42 pm

KISS
JQH Arena
Springfield, MO
July 23, 2016
$505,754

Elvis rocks.

Kansas City is great, too. The Sprint Center is my second or third favorite arena, and the Uptown Theater there is a really cool, older venue. Saw an amazing Roger Daltrey solo show there almost a decade ago.

Have fun at Kiss tomorrow, everybody. Wish I could be there. I'll have to wait until Tulsa to catch them next.
I remember that Daltrey tour! I missed that one in NYC unfortunately. I had tickets to the show but then Devo announced they were coming to town with Q: Are We Not Men? A: We are Devo! and Freedom Of Choice live in it’s entirety.

I love Daltrey, but I love Devo more. It was unfortunate but it was never even a choice. I’m such a big fan that six months earlier I flew into Kentish Town, London at the HMV Forum to see that show for the first time live.

There’s also a picture of me on the back cover of Devo’s Now It Can Be Told album. :D
scottbassist
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by scottbassist »

nibbler1982 wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:00 pm
scottbassist wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:42 pm

KISS
JQH Arena
Springfield, MO
July 23, 2016
$505,754

Elvis rocks.

I remember that Daltrey tour! I missed that one in NYC unfortunately. I had tickets to the show but then Devo announced they were coming to town with Q: Are We Not Men? A: We are Devo! and Freedom Of Choice live in it’s entirety.

I love Daltrey, but I love Devo more. It was unfortunate but it was never even a choice. I’m such a big fan that six months earlier I flew into Kentish Town, London at the HMV Forum to see that show for the first time live.

There’s also a picture of me on the back cover of Devo’s Now It Can Be Told album. :D

Cool score on being on the back cover! :) I like Devo, but I lean more to The Who, my favorite rock band. The Daltrey gig was amazing. It was his Use it or Lose It Tour and he had Simon Townshend on guitar and Scott Devours on drums. Simon is a great source of lifeblood to The Who and has been on every Who tour (sans the 2000 tour) since 1996. Devours is a beast and was wonderful playing drums for The Who in Tulsa in 2013 (and on The Who's Quadrophenia Live in London DVD). Going to see The Who again in April. Because seeing The Who seven times already is never enough. :)

P.S. That is really cool about your Devo love/connection. :)
El_Diablo_Loco
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by El_Diablo_Loco »

I am in Missouri but money is tight and I cannot justify the expense right now.
battra
Might as well be the Admin!
Might as well be the Admin!

Post by battra »

michaelstone1981 wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:37 pm I'll be heading to Springfield straight from work tomorrow, about a 2 hour drive. As far as a 100 mile radius from my house, it's probably the best town to hunt for vinyl in. There are a TON of places to eat, you could probably never eat the same place for a year or better. Not a big fan of the mall, since there aren't any music stores in there anymore. But it really is a more laid back place for a bigger town. Yes, in this area, it's a big town :D
I'm going to need to schedule a trip down to Springfield methinks.
Cold-Gin
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by Cold-Gin »

michaelstone1981 wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:37 pm I'll be heading to Springfield straight from work tomorrow, about a 2 hour drive. As far as a 100 mile radius from my house, it's probably the best town to hunt for vinyl in. There are a TON of places to eat, you could probably never eat the same place for a year or better. Not a big fan of the mall, since there aren't any music stores in there anymore. But it really is a more laid back place for a bigger town. Yes, in this area, it's a big town :D

See you in an hour or so Mike :)
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

Had to run to The Eagles show. You need Flash to see the interactive map at JQH. I took screenshots earlier but didn’t send them to my phone. The venue looked like all the rest...packed.

Nice job KISS Army Springfield!
KLP68
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by KLP68 »

Waiting for some Springfield Missouri reports :mrgreen:
michaelstone1981
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

I don't have any numbers, but I had plenty of opportunity to look around... The place was packed!
michaelstone1981
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Cold-Gin wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:41 pm

See you in an hour or so Mike :)
Well played, sir :)
Dr Borgo
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Dr Borgo »

KLP68 wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:43 pm Waiting for some Springfield Missouri reports :mrgreen:
Yeah me too. I thought about going but couldn’t make it happen due to it being a mid week concert. Wondering about the turnout etc.
michaelstone1981
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Detroit Rock City
Shout It Out Loud
Deuce
Say Yeah
I Love It Oud
Heaven's On Fire
Tears Are Falling
War Machine
Lick It Up
Calling Dr. Love
100,000 Years
Cold Gin
God Of Thunder
Psycho Circus
Parasite
Love Gun
I Was Made For Lovin' You
Black Diamond

Beth
Do You Love Me
Rock And Roll All Nite
michaelstone1981
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

I was suspicious that the show wasn't selling well, because just a couple days before the show a friend of mine was able to get floor seats in the 11th row for $32 from the box office. Other seats were pretty heavily discounted the week prior also. Seats that were $150 were down to $50 and so on. That last little push must have generated some sales, because I would estimate roughly that 85% of those seats had asses in them
tazchris
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by tazchris »

I knew it would take long for Paul to bring back DYLM. CCN was to good to last. TAF, and Parasite will be next to go.
Wild Animals
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Wild Animals »

the concert was SO MUCH FUN we had a blast, our seats were on Genes side up almost to the top... but boy everyone was still standing up and rocking out, it was so cool! ROTH KICKED ASSSSS we loved him!! My friend was like ''im ready to go to Witchita tomorrow!'' lol but we will be seeing them agin in Tulsa soon! Roth had posted on his FB page a day before the show what he should wear at the next concert and I told him to wear the blue outfit because I was going to be at that show lol AND he wore it we got a kick out of that! It was really a great evening and the place looked full to me, they had switched up the setlist a little and of course added Tears & Parasite, but they added Do Ya Love Me back into the encore. LOVED IT!
michaelstone1981
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

One thing I forgot to mention. There were several children on the floor area around us, and one 2 seats to my right was a very enthusiastic young man who I got a kick out of watching sing War Machine :)

Anyway, Doc McGee walked through the floor section at least, maybe more.. I lost sight of him (he is pretty short) And he was handing out picks to all the kids. I kinda thought that was nice