KISS performing again on AGT!

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
Crown Royal
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Re: KISS performing again on AGT!

Post by Crown Royal »

SIOL, DRC, or RARAN
Rutter350
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by Rutter350 »

Could play Lick it Up? They did it on Dancing with the Stars.

Agree a Gene song would be nice. Can see Calling Dr Love being a possibility.
TheSpoiler
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by TheSpoiler »

I'm hoping for Gene lead vocals, band performing live. Unfortunately, we may not get this.
TheSpoiler

Post by TheSpoiler »

Rutter350 wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:01 pm Could play Lick it Up? They did it on Dancing with the Stars.

Agree a Gene song would be nice. Can see Calling Dr Love being a possibility.
Calling Dr Love would be good to see.
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

Christine Sixteen
JohnBergless

Post by JohnBergless »

They’ve played those songs before already on “these shows”. I know Paul likes to stay with the hits though. Probably RARAN; or a medley. If they get 2 slots...... I wonder if Beth could work ?
Crown Royal
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Crown Royal »

It's basically a 2:30 commercial for the band. They will shoe John Q Public that they

a) blow lots of shit up in concert
b) have a song called RARAN that you'd love to sing along with in concert

No Beth, no CDL
pete1699
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by pete1699 »

Just being silly obviously - but could you imagine in some alternate universe what if they ripped into, "She's So European" ?
FrankScinlaro
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by FrankScinlaro »

America’s Got Tape?
AceInTheHole
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by AceInTheHole »

I predict a lip-sync malfunction and Paul's pre-recorded voice will be heard stuck singing the same phrase over and over again like a broken record. the band will stop playing and sheepishly smile and look around. It will be totally embarrassing and be picked up by the Mainstream Media. Paul will then have to address this issue head.
HOFCity

Post by HOFCity »

These appearances used to really get me excited now I could care less.

No new song(s) / no new album coming out I mean other than to support a Tour in which they've already been touring what's the point.

Nothing new here , so unless a lip synching performance to Rock and Roll All Night is what fans or the general public is into I just don't understand this appearance.

These guys are so blessed to have people blindly show up and support this milking.

Go KISS !!!!!
KISSFACE
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by KISSFACE »

Just start chanting from now ‘til then: “Gene, Gene, Gene, Gene...”
Mr Slow
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Mr Slow »

Nellcote71 wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:34 am
NYRockCity wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:51 pm
RARANAPED wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:20 am From KISS' official Facebook:

"JUST ANNOUNCED: KISS will be the Guest Performer on America's Got Talent on February 17!

Tune in as the episode + performance air on Monday, Feb 17 from 8-10pm ET/PT"
Didn’t they announce the end of the road tour on American Idol or AGT?
That’s right. Proof this tour has been dragged on far too long.
In the US perhaps but there are a whole heap of big shows coming up later in the year that suggests they could easily tour for 2-3 more years yet!
Tommyr
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Tommyr »

And the embarrassment continues....
Mr Slow
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Mr Slow »

HOFCity wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:37 pm These appearances used to really get me excited now I could care less.

No new song(s) / no new album coming out I mean other than to support a Tour in which they've already been touring what's the point.

Nothing new here , so unless a lip synching performance to Rock and Roll All Night is what fans or the general public is into I just don't understand this appearance.

These guys are so blessed to have people blindly show up and support this milking.

Go KISS !!!!!
You don’t understand the appearance? It’s pretty obvious. It’s to let the masses know KISS is on tour. As much as we diehards belly ache about the minutia (“They better play a deep cut!”) The idea of these appearances is to remind America that KISS is still alive and touring, but you better get in fast or you’ll miss seeing them for the last time ever. As for people blindly showing up, they are getting a helluva show for their money. Lip syncing and aging band leaders aside, it’s still a fantastuc spectacle which is what KISS has always been about.

You are viewing this through the jaded eyes of a diehard KISS fan. Look at it from the perspective of somebody who doesn’t watch hours of Youtube live concert clips, hasn’t heard all the clichéd sound bytes in interviews and doesn’t know it’s almost the same exact setlist for the past 5 tours.

My long winded point is that this appearance isn’t really for us (although I know a certain contingent have already decided they will hate every second of it!), it’s for the casuals. The people that fill up arenas because they have never seen KISS or maybe saw them once decades ago and wants to relive the nostalgia. No different than if a Queen (w/Lambert), Celine Dion, Def Leppard, Metallica or Michael Bible tour rolls into town. It’s the casuals that fill the place, not the “everything has to be how I want it” diehards.
HOFCity

Post by HOFCity »

Mr Slow wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:57 pm
HOFCity wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:37 pm These appearances used to really get me excited now I could care less.

Go KISS !!!!!
You don’t understand the appearance? It’s pretty obvious. It’s to let the masses know KISS is on tour. As much as we diehards belly ache about the minutia (“They better play a deep cut!”) The idea of these appearances is to remind America that KISS is still alive and touring, but you better get in fast or you’ll miss seeing them for the last time ever. As for people blindly showing up, they are getting a helluva show for their money. Lip syncing and aging band leaders aside, it’s still a fantastuc spectacle which is what KISS has always been about.

You are viewing this through the jaded eyes of a diehard KISS fan. Look at it from the perspective of somebody who doesn’t watch hours of Youtube live concert clips, hasn’t heard all the clichéd sound bytes in interviews and doesn’t know it’s almost the same exact setlist for the past 5 tours.

My long winded point is that this appearance isn’t really for us (although I know a certain contingent have already decided they will hate every second of it!), it’s for the casuals. The people that fill up arenas because they have never seen KISS or maybe saw them once decades ago and wants to relive the nostalgia. No different than if a Queen (w/Lambert), Celine Dion, Def Leppard, Metallica or Michael Bible tour rolls into town. It’s the casuals that fill the place, not the “everything has to be how I want it” diehards.
It's just not for me.

I understand that to some this might be exciting stuff.

All I want as a lifetime of this band is something new to warp it all up.

Is this really all that whiny of a request or want ?

To end the band with just a Tour and no last album tells me that to G n P it was all about the show.

Show 》 Music.

And no ( lol ) not everything has to be how us diehards want it.
Mr Slow
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Mr Slow »

HOFCity wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:47 pm
Mr Slow wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:57 pm

Go KISS !!!!!

It's just not for me.

I understand that to some this might be exciting stuff.

All I want as a lifetime of this band is something new to warp it all up.

Is this really all that whiny of a request or want ?

And no ( lol ) not everything has to be how us diehards want it.
I didn’t mean you personally, but us a collective. I know if I had my way they’d be off the road and in the studio banging out a dozen new songs in the style of CREATURES meets REVENGE! But the reality is they make nothing from recording and a million bucks a night touring. If KISS was your business what would you do? I certainly don’t blame them for milking the concert cow so to speak.

I’m always excited to see my favourite band on TV. Am I expecting to be surprised? No, but it is cool to see the reactions of the audience and social media light up for the next couple days afterwards. For a few fleeting minutes KISS is somewhat relevant again. That feeling never gets old for me. 8)
LadySpace84
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by LadySpace84 »

FrankScinlaro wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:48 pm America’s Got Tape?
Love the avatar and username 8)
shupey

Post by shupey »

curryleaf wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:18 am
shupey wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:45 pm Let's hope they pick a Gene song.
Come on, you know it won't be.
That is why I said hope. 😁
Mr Slow
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Mr Slow »

AceInTheHole wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:34 pm I predict a lip-sync malfunction and Paul's pre-recorded voice will be heard stuck singing the same phrase over and over again like a broken record. the band will stop playing and sheepishly smile and look around. It will be totally embarrassing and be picked up by the Mainstream Media. Paul will then have to address this issue head.
:lol: Not a chance!
It would simply be dismissed as a TV show performance where it’s widely known that these days most artists aren’t playing/singing live. If it happened at an actual concert it would cause more of a stir. But not on TV. You can give up hoping for it now...
godofthunder1969
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by godofthunder1969 »

I remember being anxious leading up to AGT in '18 being worried over what Paul would sound like on National TV. When he sounded just fine I was like, wait, did he lip sync or has the time off helped him? I dissected it and only found one part of a line towards the end that I wasn't sure of (though I figured it was probably a track which was not the worst thing in the world since it's on TV). but then acoupla months later on the Kruise, he announced at the beginning of the show that they were gonna try something new. we figured we were in for a major deep cut set list but were scratching our heads once it was over and there had been nothing deep or new about it at all. it was later that we realized that the lip syncing was the "new thing". boooo hissss! but whatever... We all know that Paul will sound just fine on this one too haha! and, btw, I'm fine with that!
Andy Capp

Post by Andy Capp »

frankie‚ I love ya'-- I’ll see ya’.. new year's eve--
Tito
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Tito »

Andy Capp wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:22 am
:salut: :wink:
drdelaware
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by drdelaware »

Nothing could be worse than the 2012 Letterman appearance. Fortunately this track only aired on the internet.

Tommyr
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Tommyr »

Jesus H. Christ(tm) on a waterbed.....
gene therapist

Post by gene therapist »

America's Got Vocal Smoothing Pedal?
torgotheme
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by torgotheme »

drdelaware wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:45 am Nothing could be worse than the 2012 Letterman appearance. Fortunately this track only aired on the internet.

Holy dog shit on a Ritz cracker, that sucked. Even the Paul & Gene nutswingers have to admit that. No swagger or soul there, just grandpa strapping on his cleats and claiming he can still throw a football over them mountains. Tommy played his Ace Frehley licks with perfect precision, though. Very rock & roll! I bet the band expected this to make sales of Monster go through the fuckin' roof!

GIVE 'EM THE GONG!
gong.gif
missingdiver

Post by missingdiver »

Yeah i hope its dr love..please no Paul miming on national tv...again..

Doc must have a friend at AGT....crazy to have kiss on there twice...ironically thats where Paul made the statement..’once we play your city...thats it..we won’t be back ..’

Now what is he gonna say..? “How we doing so far?!? We’re coming back to see you peeple! With the same pyro..same cues..same songs...and we’ve added two hot new tracks from 1974 and 1986...!! I am the whole pig peeple..”
Last edited by missingdiver on Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
jannep17
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by jannep17 »

Good, another opportunity to play a medley of Detroit Rock City and RARAN.
Crown Royal
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Crown Royal »

jannep17 wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:16 am Good, another opportunity to play a medley of Detroit Rock City and RARAN.
This would be my guess
Stanley! You look so cute
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by Stanley! You look so cute »

drdelaware wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:45 am Nothing could be worse than the 2012 Letterman appearance. Fortunately this track only aired on the internet.

Jesus wept that was bad, it didn't even sound like Kiss.
Andy Capp

Post by Andy Capp »

Tito wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:47 am
Andy Capp wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:22 am
:salut: :wink:
🍻
ace_frehley
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by ace_frehley »

Yay :D
Potato Salad
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by Potato Salad »

Oh. So THAT'S why Strutter's not in the setlist.
star_paul12

Post by star_paul12 »

Thank god they took their own advice and didn’t stay too long at the party
bassmansteiny

Post by bassmansteiny »

The Man wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:56 pm I'd. Love to see Dr Love performed
I agree!!!
HOFCity

Post by HOFCity »

bassmansteiny wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:25 pm
I agree!!!
Lol.

Hopefully you guys are kidding.

Do either of you actually think they would play that ???

No wonder KISS has lasted this long.
HOFCity

Post by HOFCity »

I'd love to see them play Gimme More
bassmansteiny

Post by bassmansteiny »

HOFCity wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:34 pm
bassmansteiny wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:25 pm
I agree!!!
Lol.

Hopefully you guys are kidding.

Do either of you actually think they would play that ???

No wonder KISS has lasted this long.
Had to re read what we typed. I don't see where either of us said KISS will play Dr Love or we think they will play it. He said He'd love to see KISS perform Dr. Love and I agree with him, its one of my favorite songs. There is a big difference between what we would like to see perform and what we think will be performed. So no not kidding, I really would like to see them do that one. Will they, highly unlikely. 😉
Andy Capp

Post by Andy Capp »

HOFCity wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:48 pm I'd love to see them play Gimme More
that may actually happen-- there is currently a live-wire on the loose....
Andy Capp

Post by Andy Capp »

wow--- never seen this before....

why did the other guys not help out with the vocals--??
KIDGEO3

Post by KIDGEO3 »

Always a Bonus to see the Boys on National TV!!!
Tommyr
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Tommyr »

KIDGEO3 wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:48 am Always a Bonus to see the Boys on National TV!!!
It was in the 70's at least.....
CStomp1

Post by CStomp1 »

Besides Paul grinding it out vocally, that Letterman version of Strutter is not that bad. Certainly not as apocalyptic as some have said. Nice job by Tommy on the leads.
AceInTheHole
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by AceInTheHole »

Mr Slow wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:11 pm
AceInTheHole wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:34 pm I predict a lip-sync malfunction and Paul's pre-recorded voice will be heard stuck singing the same phrase over and over again like a broken record. the band will stop playing and sheepishly smile and look around. It will be totally embarrassing and be picked up by the Mainstream Media. Paul will then have to address this issue head.
:lol: Not a chance!
It would simply be dismissed as a TV show performance where it’s widely known that these days most artists aren’t playing/singing live. If it happened at an actual concert it would cause more of a stir. But not on TV. You can give up hoping for it now...
Oh, I can give up hoping for it now? Gee, thanks for giving me permission. :roll:
kissssman
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by kissssman »

Pass
Mr Slow
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Mr Slow »

kissssman wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:09 pmPass
You’ll watch it, you know you will. 8)
KISSFACE
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by KISSFACE »

Potato Salad wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:59 pm Oh. So THAT'S why Strutter's not in the setlist.
It’s why he finally did this:

Gona
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by Gona »

I'd love to see them play Bang Bang You
HOFCity

Post by HOFCity »

Gona wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:34 am I'd love to see them play Bang Bang You
That would be great.

The anticipation of what they might play is at an all time high.

Very exciting