KISS Australian tour dates changed!

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
theincrediblehull
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Re: KISS Australian tour dates changed!

Post by theincrediblehull »

nibbler1982 wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:34 pm I was happy to read this particular part of the rescheduled dates press release.

“To cater for the overwhelming demand, side view tickets have been released for all shows and are available from Ticketek.”

KISS Army 2019
LOUD PROUD AND UNBOWED
I can confirm this Nibbs. I decided to bite the bullet about a month ago, for Sydney and (in my price range) only side and obstructed views were available. There were GA1 available at $300+ and GA2 available at $200+. When I factor in travel an accommodation, I was looking at around $400 for the night. Just not in my budget this month. :( :(
Mr Slow
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Mr Slow »

theincrediblehull wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:05 pm
nibbler1982 wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:34 pm I was happy to read this particular part of the rescheduled dates press release.

“To cater for the overwhelming demand, side view tickets have been released for all shows and are available from Ticketek.”

KISS Army 2019
LOUD PROUD AND UNBOWED
I can confirm this Nibbs. I decided to bite the bullet about a month ago, for Sydney and (in my price range) only side and obstructed views were available. There were GA1 available at $300+ and GA2 available at $200+. When I factor in travel an accommodation, I was looking at around $400 for the night. Just not in my budget this month. :( :(
I also had a look at a few random shows and there were only restricted views left. There are only 2 sellouts but I’d suggest all of them will be pretty much capacity. We shouldn’t forget that this will KISS’ 3rd tour of Australia in 6 years. And to expand even further, this is their 8th visit since they put the makeup back on, 5 of those with this lineup. Pretty impressive that they can still fill up arenas when they play here that often. 8)
andykiss78
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by andykiss78 »

Mr Slow wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:51 pm
theincrediblehull wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:05 pm

KISS Army 2019
LOUD PROUD AND UNBOWED
I also had a look at a few random shows and there were only restricted views left. There are only 2 sellouts but I’d suggest all of them will be pretty much capacity. We shouldn’t forget that this will KISS’ 3rd tour of Australia in 6 years. And to expand even further, this is their 8th visit since they put the makeup back on, 5 of those with this lineup. Pretty impressive that they can still fill up arenas when they play here that often. 8)
Totally agree. As a fan we've been very fortunate that we've had so many KISS and KISS related events since 1995. But let's face it...they have over saturated the Aussie market. The fact that they can still pack arenas with our relatively small population is amazing.
steveh67
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by steveh67 »

KISS is still relatively cheap compared to some artists. Except the M&G prices of course.

So they continued to get rock fans along, long after the original lineup split. How many hardcore/die-hards remained to this day though is up for debate downunder. Given recent album sales for SB and Monster.
andykiss78
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by andykiss78 »

steveh67 wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:54 pm KISS is still relatively cheap compared to some artists. Except the M&G prices of course.

So they continued to get rock fans along, long after the original lineup split. How many hardcore/die-hards remained to this day though is up for debate downunder. Given recent album sales for SB and Monster.
Not really...prices are on par with Metallica (well, before they cancelled) and U2 etc.
Mr Slow
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Mr Slow »

andykiss78 wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:16 am
steveh67 wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:54 pm KISS is still relatively cheap compared to some artists. Except the M&G prices of course.

Not really...prices are on par with Metallica (well, before they cancelled) and U2 etc.
Yeah they are charging just as much as any other big name that comes through. I am sitting in roughly the same spot as I did last tour (2015) and have paid $65 more for my seat.
andykiss78
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by andykiss78 »

Mr Slow wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:11 am
andykiss78 wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:16 am

Yeah they are charging just as much as any other big name that comes through. I am sitting in roughly the same spot as I did last tour (2015) and have paid $65 more for my seat.
Yep, but we don't try and minimise KISS like some others around here.
BeholderFan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by BeholderFan »

theincrediblehull wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:54 pm
BeholderFan wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:38 pm I just read an article about the fires in Australia. Looks like there may be calls to evacuate parts of Sydney. I hope this doesn't affect the tour too much. https://www.reuters.com/article/us-aust ... SKBN1XL2H4
Great point! A state of emergency has been declared in NSW for the next week. Presumably, this means a total fire ban for the next week. Would Kiss be able to use pyro under these conditions?
I guess you all will have to find out when they get down there.
Tail of a hurricane
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Tail of a hurricane »

BeholderFan wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:38 pm I just read an article about the fires in Australia. Looks like there may be calls to evacuate parts of Sydney. I hope this doesn't affect the tour too much. https://www.reuters.com/article/us-aust ... SKBN1XL2H4
Great point! A state of emergency has been declared in NSW for the next week. Presumably, this means a total fire ban for the next week. Would Kiss be able to use pyro under these conditions?
Plus if Sydney is still shrouded in thick smoke, thats not good for a guy recovering from influenza.
Sam T Serpent

Post by Sam T Serpent »

Would a controlled environment like an arena still have a fireban in place? I could understand the Newcastle show with it being outdoors.
Mr Slow
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Mr Slow »

Tail of a hurricane wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:03 pm
Plus if Sydney is still shrouded in thick smoke, thats not good for a guy recovering from influenza.
The Newcastle show is Nov 23, Sydney show is Nov 26. Hopefully (for many more reasons than just the KISS tour) the threat has well and truly passed long before then.
theincrediblehull
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Sam T Serpent wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:15 pm Would a controlled environment like an arena still have a fireban in place? I could understand the Newcastle show with it being outdoors.

Yes it was the Newcastle show I was thinking of, that is the one I will be attending.

I do wonder if the NSW' shows were scheduled for this week, what the situation would be?
firekiss
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by firekiss »

theincrediblehull wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:46 pm
Sam T Serpent wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:15 pm Would a controlled environment like an arena still have a fireban in place? I could understand the Newcastle show with it being outdoors.

Yes it was the Newcastle show I was thinking of, that is the one I will be attending.

I do wonder if the NSW' shows were scheduled for this week, what the situation would be?
I'm a Station Commander in FRNSW. Going on 27 years now. The current total fire ban applies to the entire state, indoors and outdoors.

Usually there is an exemption for fireworks (which includes pyro), however, with the state so dry that exemption has been revoked.

If any of the Sydney shows were this week they would have gone ahead with no pyro.

Southerlys blew through Sydney yesterday. There is currently no smoke or dust haze to speak of. Conditions are predicted to heat up again near the end of this week.
Sam T Serpent

Post by Sam T Serpent »

firekiss wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:57 pm

I'm a Station Commander in FRNSW. Going on 27 years now. The current total fire ban applies to the entire state, indoors and outdoors.

Usually there is an exemption for fireworks (which includes pyro), however, with the state so dry that exemption has been revoked.

If any of the Sydney shows were this week they would have gone ahead with no pyro.

Southerlys blew through Sydney yesterday. There is currently no smoke or dust haze to speak of. Conditions are predicted to heat up again near the end of this week.
Thanks for clearing that up for me.
theincrediblehull
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Sam T Serpent wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:24 pm
firekiss wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:57 pm

Thanks for clearing that up for me.
Thanks for the great work you do Firekiss, your colleagues too! :salut: :salut:
MrBlackwell
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by MrBlackwell »

how were the ticket sales for the NZ concert?
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

MrBlackwell wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:18 am how were the ticket sales for the NZ concert?
About 65% sold. I’d say roughly 5,000 tickets. The place isn’t very big. It’s pretty much on par with Mohegan Sun in Uncasville.

I can’t say if the influenza story is true or not. I can say with certainty that that were PLENTY of shows along the way that looked considerably worse than Auckland but went on to produce solid/sold-out showings.
09A287ED-BAD0-480D-AEA2-37DB99C4B849.jpeg
KISS
Honda Center
Anaheim, CA
Feb. 12, 2019
$1,210,215
10,364 **SOLD-OUT
EBA144AF-2AC9-4F12-9A0E-5ABD8C956BF6.jpeg
KISS
February 13, 2019
Glendale, AZ
Gila River Arena
$1,223,363
28550547-8214-4920-A287-A36001209FAA.jpeg
KISS
Barclays Center
Brooklyn, NY
Aug 20, 2019
$1,035,019
11,566 **SOLD-OUT
F7EE9A48-AFFC-4565-91CA-A65E3030C5A3.jpeg
KISS
Verizon Arena
North Little Rock, AR
Sep. 5, 2019
$768,520
12,028 **SOLD-OUT

Add this together with the fact the Perth show was rescheduled, and the NZ show wasn’t just altogether dropped...and I wholeheartedly believe the current explanation.
Crown Royal
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Crown Royal »

nibbler1982 wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:03 am
I can’t say if the influenza story is true or not. I can say with certainty that that were PLENTY of shows along the way that looked considerably worse than Auckland but went on to produce solid/sold-out showings.
Yes, with lots of price-slashing

Maybe that wasn't an option here.
andykiss78
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by andykiss78 »

I just hope the whole Aussie tour is not cancelled, which is a very real possibility. If it's genuine influenza, I can't see Paul being ready to go at his age.