KISS Australian tour dates changed!

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
Mr Slow
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

KISS Australian tour dates changed!

Post by Mr Slow »

Looks like just a couple things moved around. But a bit harshfor NZ. I highly doubt they’ll ever get back to make up that show. :(
6103E453-BA43-49A3-8128-07D4098FF6A8.jpeg
Mr Slow
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Re: KISS Australian tour dates changed!

Post by Mr Slow »

Adjusted dates...
C7463F60-0AFB-4377-9518-C87072425045.jpeg
Admin
Prattish Pontificator

Post by Admin »

Wonder if the shark thing is still go. Hope Paul is OK. These guys need to take care of themselves and it'll give Gene an extra couple of days too.
Admin
Prattish Pontificator

Post by Admin »

NYRockCity
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by NYRockCity »

Poor Paul! I hope he gets well soon.
rscott71
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by rscott71 »

got the Kruise Krud
Mr Slow
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Mr Slow »

Admin wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:04 pm Wonder if the shark thing is still go.
The original Perth date was the 15th. The Shark thing is the 18th. And Adelaide is the 19th.
Hopefully the extra couple days rest for Paul will be enough. Whilst the Shark thing (as it should now and forever be known!) is a pretty insignificant thing for all but 8 KISS fans, it will be pretty cool to see how it all plays out... if it actually ends up going ahead.
Mr Slow
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Mr Slow »

The only bonus for me (if I’m being a completely selfish asshole!) is that my first of 2 Aust. shows is now the first one of the Australian tour. So I won’t be able to ruin it for myself by finding out what changes were made to the setlist in Perth. At this point I’m sure many of you will be saying “What changes? This is KISS!” but they did swap out a couple songs along the way on this tour and it was always between legs (HYH for CDL, DYLM for CN). Plus I heard a rumour that Eric is bringing back his flaming stick stunt. That may be just a rumour but I guess we’ll find out in 8 days...
Goady
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by Goady »

These postponements and cancellations are starting to get too frequent now. Is another year and a half of a very excessive touring schedule really reasonable for men of their age?
NYRockCity
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by NYRockCity »

Goady wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:10 pm These postponements and cancellations are starting to get too frequent now. Is another year and a half of a very excessive touring schedule really reasonable for men of their age?
In all fairness on boats and airplanes 1 sick person can take down a lot of people. And kidney stones could happen to anyone, but Gene seems to have them really bad.
RARANAPED
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by RARANAPED »

Real shame for NZ fans not to be able to see them one last time. (unless they schedule some kind of makeup date in 2021 but i doubt it)

Get well soon, Paul.

:paul: :paul: :paul:
Tail of a hurricane
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Tail of a hurricane »

Just grateful Brisbane date hasn't been changed
BeholderFan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by BeholderFan »

Sorry that Paul got sick. :( I hope he gets well soon. :( I do wonder if this tour itinerary is too ambitious.
PsychoElder

Post by PsychoElder »

Get well soon Paul.
acegene
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by acegene »

Strange they dropped NZ why couldn't they just make the 3rd Melbourne concert the Perth concert , Melbourne was being promoted as last ever Aust concert, Now its not . By the look at Ticketek it was not sold out. Melbourne are getting two concerts anyway. And NZ could still go ahead.
Kiss wont come back to NZ for one show, have a strange feeling the whole Aust tour will be rescheduled to 2020 or 2021 hope im wrong.
AliveIIside4
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by AliveIIside4 »

It's not 1984 anymore!
andykiss78
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by andykiss78 »

They should change the Adelaide date too. U2 playing on the same night at Adelaide Oval is not a good PR move.
brettjarrad
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by brettjarrad »

That's bullshit only going to the third Melbourne show because it was the final Australian show ever sucked in again
BlackDiamond67
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by BlackDiamond67 »

“The band will bring their 'End Of The Road' World Tour to Auckland at a later stage.”
Den Dennis

Post by Den Dennis »

BlackDiamond67 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:09 pm “The band will bring their 'End Of The Road' World Tour to Auckland at a later stage.”
Which would lose a lot of money. Bands only tour there if they have an Australian tour to piggy-back off.
BlackDiamond67

Post by BlackDiamond67 »

Den Dennis wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:23 pm
BlackDiamond67 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:09 pm “The band will bring their 'End Of The Road' World Tour to Auckland at a later stage.”
Which would lose a lot of money. Bands only tour there if they have an Australian tour to piggy-back off.
Or Japanese shows. I think a set of Budokan shows could be plausible before the tour wraps up in 2021. A NZ show could be included there. Hate it for NZ, however.

I actually had tickets to the NZ show and just received the cancellation email from Ticketmaster. This piece was included, for what it’s worth:

“KISS sincerely apologises to fans. The Auckland date will be re-planned for a later stage of the ‘End Of The Road’ World Tour.”
SW
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by SW »

Should've just painted someone else up to mime it. KISS is much bigger than any band member after all. Would have made Perth a unique show
kissgod
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by kissgod »

Those peeps that brought tix To Melbourne Nov 30 cos it was billed as the LAST KISS SHOW IN AUSTRALIA 🤔🤬 So Perth gets the last show billing....or do they? IF they come back to NZ I wouldn’t be surprised if they threw in the east coast of Oz again....by popular demand 👍
The doctor
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by The doctor »

peterj116
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by peterj116 »

Yep. Off to get refunds on my NZ tickets.
Why can't they just send a cardboard cut-out of Paul & use the tapes he's lip syncing to.
:lol:

Or Tommy can dress up as Paul & we could have Ace back.

Yeah, they're not coming back afterwards for maybe 5,000 people. The last show here wasn't exactly packed.
MarshallG
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by MarshallG »

Gotta feel for the Kiwis...
peterj116
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by peterj116 »

I'll get that money back & buy tickets to Maiden.
Mr Slow
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Mr Slow »

brettjarrad wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:28 pm That's bullshit only going to the third Melbourne show because it was the final Australian show ever sucked in again
This is why I initially wanted to go to Brisbane.
The 3rd Melbourne show was added later.
redinthesky
A really important Kiss fan!

Post by redinthesky »

brettjarrad wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:28 pm That's bullshit only going to the third Melbourne show because it was the final Australian show ever sucked in again
These poor fans got Billy Joel-ed. This is what I was talking about last week about Kiss' potential very final show, and now it turns out it happened at the "final" show in Australia.

The "Billy Joel" reference is due to when Billy Joel sold tickets for his concert which was to be the last concert ever at Shea Stadium before it got torn down. It sold out fast, so a second concert was added...after the concert originally sold as the final concert at the stadium. Of course, this set of circumstances is a little different, but same result. A "final" concert turned into a "typical" concert.
steveh67

Post by steveh67 »

AliveIIside4 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:31 pm It's not 1984 anymore!
Your kidding?
steveh67

Post by steveh67 »

kissgod wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:51 pm Those peeps that brought tix To Melbourne Nov 30 cos it was billed as the LAST KISS SHOW IN AUSTRALIA 🤔🤬 So Perth gets the last show billing....or do they? IF they come back to NZ I wouldn’t be surprised if they threw in the east coast of Oz again....by popular demand 👍
If they and promoter think they could make some more money, they will!
andykiss78
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by andykiss78 »

kissgod wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:51 pm Those peeps that brought tix To Melbourne Nov 30 cos it was billed as the LAST KISS SHOW IN AUSTRALIA 🤔🤬 So Perth gets the last show billing....or do they? IF they come back to NZ I wouldn’t be surprised if they threw in the east coast of Oz again....by popular demand 👍
I don't feel sorry for anyone that was ONLY going to the 3rd Melbourne show because it was going to be the last. You still get a show. Only thing is now you don't have bragging rights. That's all it is.
Den Dennis

Post by Den Dennis »

Some interesting speculation here

https://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/m ... to-illness
tbh, not overly suprised. facebook KISS page never mentions NZ date, t-shirts for sale have the Oz dates, but not NZ. all seems like they weren't that interested in coming here anyway.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/m ... d-kiss-fan
Influenza? They'll be back at a later date?.... Smells like utter BS to me. Two weeks ago singer Paul Stanley posted about rehearsing for Australia/Japan. No mention of NZ. Yeah, it may be a mere oversight but chances are the numbers didn't add up. They weren't coming without the right number of tickets pre-sold. KISS may claim that fans come first, but let's face it, it's business and disappointed, out of pocket Kiwi fans mean nothing to them.
Mr Slow
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Mr Slow »

Den Dennis wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:11 am Some interesting speculation here

tbh, not overly suprised. facebook KISS page never mentions NZ date, t-shirts for sale have the Oz dates, but not NZ. all seems like they weren't that interested in coming here anyway.

Influenza? They'll be back at a later date?.... Smells like utter BS to me. Two weeks ago singer Paul Stanley posted about rehearsing for Australia/Japan. No mention of NZ. Yeah, it may be a mere oversight but chances are the numbers didn't add up. They weren't coming without the right number of tickets pre-sold. KISS may claim that fans come first, but let's face it, it's business and disappointed, out of pocket Kiwi fans mean nothing to them.
If they had secret plans to not play NZ there’s no way Paul would’ve left it out of his post. It is unfair that the NZ fans miss out. Perth should be the one that got postponed/cancelled because that’s the one being affected by Paul’s illness.
andykiss78
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by andykiss78 »

It's clear....Perth has sold more tickets than NZ. Add to the cost of shipping the stage over to NZ...it's clear why Perth won out.
Mr Slow
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Mr Slow »

andykiss78 wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:15 am It's clear....Perth has sold more tickets than NZ. Add to the cost of shipping the stage over to NZ...it's clear why Perth won out.
No doubt that’s true, but doesn’t make it right. This is one of those times where we’ve gotta remind ourselves that KISS is a business. :|
andykiss78
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by andykiss78 »

Mr Slow wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:25 am
andykiss78 wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:15 am It's clear....Perth has sold more tickets than NZ. Add to the cost of shipping the stage over to NZ...it's clear why Perth won out.
No doubt that’s true, but doesn’t make it right. This is one of those times where we’ve gotta remind ourselves that KISS is a business. :|
As a business, it does make it right. It sucks for some of the fanbase no doubt...but I ain't going to work unless the money is right. We are looking at it from a fan's perspective. Think of getting up to go to work...that's what it's like for Gene and Paul....except they have people cheering them on...which rarely, if ever happens to us.
Mr Slow
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Mr Slow »

andykiss78 wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:48 am
As a business, it does make it right. It sucks for some of the fanbase no doubt...but I ain't going to work unless the money is right. We are looking at it from a fan's perspective. Think of getting up to go to work...that's what it's like for Gene and Paul....except they have people cheering them on...which rarely, if ever happens to us.
Yeah I hear ya. I say this often here myself. It’s just a downer when fans get burned this way. Nobody’s fault, just unlucky. I really hope the band makes up the NZ show but I highly doubt it.
andykiss78
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by andykiss78 »

Mr Slow wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:00 am
andykiss78 wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:48 am
Yeah I hear ya. I say this often here myself. It’s just a downer when fans get burned this way. Nobody’s fault, just unlucky. I really hope the band makes up the NZ show but I highly doubt it.
I agree with you. I can't see them coming back to NZ.
Admin
Prattish Pontificator

Post by Admin »

This is pure business. If NZ had sold gangbusters there would be no issue. It's convenient. Shitcan the show, save the transport across the Tasman Sea, and keep the Aussies as happy as they ever are. They did it in Oakland. They did it at the Staples Center. It's business, they'll do it again. And if Paul needed extra time, or it was for Gene, then so be it, they needed it. Be happy it's not more serious/impacting say like James Hetfield's Sobriety maintenance (which some are still whinging about rather than wanting him healthy). There are risk factors booking tickets for many bands.
elleneff
Banned

Post by elleneff »

Den Dennis wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:11 am Some interesting speculation here

Yep. I agree. It doesn't add up at all.

Its clear the NZ numbers didn't add up at all. and didn't sell enough. so they pulled it. cough.
Its like the 96 reuniuon Dublin gig that sold barely a hundred tickets so they pulled it due to logistical issues, the venue not being BIG enough for a Kiss show etc and weather.

Then pretended like it was never scheduled and yet, Iv a poster of the gig via ticketmaster and MCD confirming it.
Doose

Post by Doose »

I know fans are disappointed, but this stuff happens with EVERY major tour when you're booking 100, 200 dates. Elton John just canceled a show in the U.S. that made headlines everywhere. Madonna is being sued for starting 2 hours late. It's the nature of the touring business.
redinthesky

Post by redinthesky »

Doose wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:03 am I know fans are disappointed, but this stuff happens with EVERY major tour when you're booking 100, 200 dates. Elton John just canceled a show in the U.S. that made headlines everywhere. Madonna is being sued for starting 2 hours late. It's the nature of the touring business.
Did you see what her response was to that lawsuit, and other fan complaints, right onstage? “Here’s something you all need to understand, and that is, that the queen is never late.”
BlackDiamond67

Post by BlackDiamond67 »

redinthesky wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:37 am
Doose wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:03 am I know fans are disappointed, but this stuff happens with EVERY major tour when you're booking 100, 200 dates. Elton John just canceled a show in the U.S. that made headlines everywhere. Madonna is being sued for starting 2 hours late. It's the nature of the touring business.
Did you see what her response was to that lawsuit, and other fan complaints, right onstage? “Here’s something you all need to understand, and that is, that the queen is never late.”
Goodness, that’s some serious hubris by Madge.
Velvis

Post by Velvis »

Mr Slow wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:09 pm
Admin wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:04 pm Wonder if the shark thing is still go.
The original Perth date was the 15th. The Shark thing is the 18th. And Adelaide is the 19th.
Hopefully the extra couple days rest for Paul will be enough. Whilst the Shark thing (as it should now and forever be known!) is a pretty insignificant thing for all but 8 KISS fans, it will be pretty cool to see how it all plays out... if it actually ends up going ahead.
"You know its funny, we were playing underwater with sharks and I started to think if a shark stops moving it will die. That is when I decided that KISS can continue on. The End of the Road just means there is no more road. KISS doesnt play by any rules. Where we are going you don't need roads!"
Grizzly Adams

Post by Grizzly Adams »

Velvis wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:26 pm "You know its funny, we were playing underwater with sharks and I started to think if a shark stops moving it will die. That is when I decided that KISS can continue on. The End of the Road just means there is no more road. KISS doesnt play by any rules. Where we are going you don't need roads!"
:P
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

I was happy to read this particular part of the rescheduled dates press release.

“To cater for the overwhelming demand, side view tickets have been released for all shows and are available from Ticketek.”

KISS Army 2019
LOUD PROUD AND UNBOWED
Crown Royal
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Crown Royal »

nibbler1982 wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:34 pm

“To cater for the overwhelming demand,
P.T. Barnum continues to be right

Methinks Bro Nibbs is quite concerned about these latest rounds of cancellations. "Scurrying" and "panic" seem apropos here

8)
BeholderFan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by BeholderFan »

I just read an article about the fires in Australia. Looks like there may be calls to evacuate parts of Sydney. I hope this doesn't affect the tour too much. https://www.reuters.com/article/us-aust ... SKBN1XL2H4
theincrediblehull
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by theincrediblehull »

BeholderFan wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:38 pm I just read an article about the fires in Australia. Looks like there may be calls to evacuate parts of Sydney. I hope this doesn't affect the tour too much. https://www.reuters.com/article/us-aust ... SKBN1XL2H4
Great point! A state of emergency has been declared in NSW for the next week. Presumably, this means a total fire ban for the next week. Would Kiss be able to use pyro under these conditions?