Where's the Kiss Chronicles thread?

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
BillDucoin
Banned

Re: Where's the Kiss Chronicles thread?

Post by BillDucoin »

and don't think that if you request a cancellation that you will get all your money back, you have to pay for his "fees" and he will send you 4-5 emails asking who are you on kIssFaq blablabla... but he said on the homepage no question asked... true story that happen to one of ny friend.

i have seen many great *ss lickers in my life but Under The Rose is the greatest of them all...
Under The Rose
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by Under The Rose »

BillDucoin wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:14 am and don't think that if you request a cancellation that you will get all your money back, you have to pay for his "fees" and he will send you 4-5 emails asking who are you on kIssFaq blablabla... but he said on the homepage no question asked... true story that happen to one of ny friend.

i have seen many great *ss lickers in my life but Under The Rose is the greatest of them all...
8 posts into your latest FAQ account. Probably won’t be long until you’re banned again.
Crown Royal
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Crown Royal »

PT Barnum was right
jannep17
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by jannep17 »

Crown Royal wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:24 am PT Barnum was right
Did he also order the book? Ba-dush!
Crown Royal
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Crown Royal »

jannep17 wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:30 am
Crown Royal wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:24 am PT Barnum was right
Did he also order the book? Ba-dush!
Nope, but he saw it coming a hundred years ago
PterCriss
Banned

Post by PterCriss »

misterhand80 wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:35 am In this and previous threads, along with some Facebook postings, there have been people requesting refunds. Adding more Deluxe Editions might mean that there have been more cancellations so there are available stock. I believe the Deluxe Versions come with the Phantom magazine supplement.

My concern is that there will be a greater amount of requests for refunds when December comes and goes with a new update from Ros.

Ros being silent now without addressing simple requests I’ve made in this thread is troubling. The editors silence is not good in this matter.
Having more deluxe version is nothing more then printing more go the extra content. Did you pre-order?
StarChildBlade
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by StarChildBlade »

UnholyDemon wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:37 pm
PterCriss wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:35 pm
Admin wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:15 am Due to the behaviour of some, including your comment, I've dumped it in the garbage. It's fair to ask questions and seek clarifications, but some of the comments and accusations against several parties had crossed a boundary of acceptable behaviour.

I recommend folks seeking updated information about the book can visit the author's site at https://www.facebook.com/MAGICKISSKronicles1973to1983/
I actually agree with dumping that thread. The pitch forks came out for no reason.

:D

I haven’t been this excited about an FAQ member in a long time. He’s baaaaaaaack!
redinthesky
A really important Kiss fan!

Post by redinthesky »

nfarend wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:54 am Thats not so difficult to explain imo.
You need to order a certain amount of deluxe versions at the printer's. You can only sell the amount that you have ordered to print and/or have in stock.

And what's with the "someone paid 36 months ago"?
Really?!
This thing started with a kickstarter campaign that didn't make it. After that the author came with a new plan to raise funds. I think the funding amount that he was aiming for was met somewhere in August 2018. So, 36 months?! Sounds bizarre to me.
You may be right about the 36 months, but I still feel that because people put money into the book, they deserve news and updates every step of the way. I don't want the guy to get in a bind, but when you play with a lot of other people's money, promising to give them what they purchased before it even exists yet, it's a risky undertaking and you gotta make sure you can produce.
UnholyDemon
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by UnholyDemon »

StarChildBlade wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:06 am
Admin wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:15 am Due to the behaviour of some, including your comment, I've dumped it in the garbage. It's fair to ask questions and seek clarifications, but some of the comments and accusations against several parties had crossed a boundary of acceptable behaviour.

I recommend folks seeking updated information about the book can visit the author's site at https://www.facebook.com/MAGICKISSKronicles1973to1983/
I actually agree with dumping that thread. The pitch forks came out for no reason.

I haven’t been this excited about an FAQ member in a long time. He’s baaaaaaaack!
Indeed! Sweet Lady Luck is smiling now upon us!
misterhand80
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by misterhand80 »

PterCriss wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:49 am
misterhand80 wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:35 am In this and previous threads, along with some Facebook postings, there have been people requesting refunds. Adding more Deluxe Editions might mean that there have been more cancellations so there are available stock. I believe the Deluxe Versions come with the Phantom magazine supplement.

My concern is that there will be a greater amount of requests for refunds when December comes and goes with a new update from Ros.

Ros being silent now without addressing simple requests I’ve made in this thread is troubling. The editors silence is not good in this matter.
Having more deluxe version is nothing more then printing more go the extra content. Did you pre-order?
Taking a poll?

I’ve grown very interested in fully ignoring you. But to seal the deal, yes, I’m in for 2 Of these books. I’ve supported the original campaign and well as this revamped one for this book. I have been in full support of this endeavor. Now, since the editor Ros keeps saying he’s transparent with these questions, I’m bewildered why he does not reply to the rational questions I have posed.

I’m not interested in your back and forth chatter here Pter, as you have proven to be argumentative and combative. I merely am addressing Ros due to his transparency that appears to not be transparent anymore.

Knowing that I won’t respond, I don’t care if you’ve purchased a book or not. I’m only concerned with my purchases.

Ros, please respond to the questions in my easy postings in this thread, please.
PterCriss
Banned

Post by PterCriss »

misterhand80 wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:42 am

Taking a poll?

I’ve grown very interested in fully ignoring you. But to seal the deal, yes, I’m in for 2 Of these books. I’ve supported the original campaign and well as this revamped one for this book. I have been in full support of this endeavor. Now, since the editor Ros keeps saying he’s transparent with these questions, I’m bewildered why he does not reply to the rational questions I have posed.

I’m not interested in your back and forth chatter here Pter, as you have proven to be argumentative and combative. I merely am addressing Ros due to his transparency that appears to not be transparent anymore.

Knowing that I won’t respond, I don’t care if you’ve purchased a book or not. I’m only concerned with my purchases.

Ros, please respond to the questions in my easy postings in this thread, please.

You say "I’m in for 2 Of these books."??? - - - So you can confirm you've already pre-ordered TWO BOOKS?

As you KNOW YOU HAVE A DIRECT LINE TO ROS that he's made for anyone that's pre-ordered. Why haven't you contacted him directly? Why are you posting your concerns publicly? I don't think you pre-ordered Ros' book, if you did you would have used different channels to communicate with him.
PterCriss
Banned

Post by PterCriss »

Taking a poll?

Contact Ros directly if you pre-ordered. I have and it's common knowledge that this is the case.
Paddyn
Newbie... Be nice to me!
Newbie... Be nice to me!

Post by Paddyn »

I pre ordered the delux version as soon as they were available. I've therefore invested a good amount of money in this. I was expecting the book sooner but I'm still waiting. I'm happy to wait. Why? Because I knew what I was getting into. In my opinion Ros has been up front and honest the whole time. He can't possibly have done more than he has. This clearly isn't a typical book publishing project. Ros is doing it his way, as he has every right to do. I'm really struggling with the negative comments being posted. If you haven't pre ordered the book then shut up! If you have and don't want to wait then just ask for your money back. It really is that simple!
highvoltage1969
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by highvoltage1969 »

PterCriss wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:11 pm

Taking a poll?

Contact Ros directly if you pre-ordered. I have and it's common knowledge that this is the case.
Do you think it would be OK to contact him with a question if you hadn't pre-ordered but were thinking about it?
highvoltage1969
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Paddyn wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:12 pm I pre ordered the delux version as soon as they were available. I've therefore invested a good amount of money in this. I was expecting the book sooner but I'm still waiting. I'm happy to wait. Why? Because I knew what I was getting into. In my opinion Ros has been up front and honest the whole time. He can't possibly have done more than he has. This clearly isn't a typical book publishing project. Ros is doing it his way, as he has every right to do. I'm really struggling with the negative comments being posted. If you haven't pre ordered the book then shut up! If you have and don't want to wait then just ask for your money back. It really is that simple!
Are you only allowed to be interested or ask a question if you're pre-ordered?
PterCriss
Banned

Post by PterCriss »

highvoltage1969 wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:12 pm

Taking a poll?

Do you think it would be OK to contact him with a question if you hadn't pre-ordered but were thinking about it?
Sure - I did before I pre-ordered.
UnholyDemon
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by UnholyDemon »

Now Pter is Ros' liason like Rip thinks he is Vinnie's, we're screwed!
highvoltage1969
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

PterCriss wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:37 pm
highvoltage1969 wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:12 pm

Taking a poll?

Sure - I did before I pre-ordered.
Thanks for the clarification.
TheSpoiler

Post by TheSpoiler »

PterCriss wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:00 am Oh and I take it you're "design for print professional"? I doubt it. Where did you goto school? Where do you work? Show us some your work.
And here's PterCriss, coming out with this shit again after refusing to post his own credentials or any samples of his work.

Hypocrisy at it's most blatant.
Thunderous_Lay

Post by Thunderous_Lay »

Paddyn wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:12 pmI'm really struggling with the negative comments being posted. If you haven't pre ordered the book then shut up! If you have and don't want to wait then just ask for your money back. It really is that simple!
... in which case, the book won't be seeing the light of day anymore.

In short, not very sound advice, quite frankly.
LordThurisaz
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by LordThurisaz »

TheSpoiler wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:50 pm
PterCriss wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:00 am Oh and I take it you're "design for print professional"? I doubt it. Where did you goto school? Where do you work? Show us some your work.
And here's PterCriss, coming out with this shit again after refusing to post his own credentials or any samples of his work.

Just block him and stop giving him attention.
Dr Borgo
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Dr Borgo »

I have posted on the official Facebook page for the book and he responded within minutes. He is not obligated to be here on FAQ answering questions. I was very concerned and frustrated by another potential delay. However, I am not ready to throw in the towel because he has been good with keeping us updated. I am trying to show patience. I really think he is creating the greatest KISS book ever. I am hanging in for a while longer.
nfarend

Post by nfarend »

Dr Borgo wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:32 pm I have posted on the official Facebook page for the book and he responded within minutes. He is not obligated to be here on FAQ answering questions. I was very concerned and frustrated by another potential delay. However, I am not ready to throw in the towel because he has been good with keeping us updated. I am trying to show patience. I really think he is creating the greatest KISS book ever. I am hanging in for a while longer.
I have been emailing Ros a couple of times today and he responded within 90 minutes, sometimes even within 15 minutes.
He's busy creating the best KISS book ever, together with Scott, so let them do whatever is needed and in the meantime... let us be patient.
Dr Borgo
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Dr Borgo »

It was the right move to delete the other thread. Tempers were getting the best of people including mine and Ros too I think. After talking with him on Facebook I took a chill pill. I really reallt want the book, but if I have to wait through another delay...... so be it. I’ve ridden it out this far, I can go a bit longer.
PterCriss
Banned

Post by PterCriss »

The topic is Ros' book and the negative unwarranted attitudes some have. The solution is contact Ros directly. I know that takes your public complaining and voice away but it's the solution for those that have questions.

Asking where someone went to school and credentials is not the issue. The issue is if the person you ask says they don't feel comfortable or want to share that information that you respect that person's wishes. That's the difference between me and you other guys who didn't respect my decision.
PterCriss
Banned

Post by PterCriss »

nfarend wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:46 pm
Dr Borgo wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:32 pm I have posted on the official Facebook page for the book and he responded within minutes. He is not obligated to be here on FAQ answering questions. I was very concerned and frustrated by another potential delay. However, I am not ready to throw in the towel because he has been good with keeping us updated. I am trying to show patience. I really think he is creating the greatest KISS book ever. I am hanging in for a while longer.
I have been emailing Ros a couple of times today and he responded within 90 minutes, sometimes even within 15 minutes.
He's busy creating the best KISS book ever, together with Scott, so let them do whatever is needed and in the meantime... let us be patient.
Thanks for being another voice and telling people Ros can be contacted and does reply to people.
nfarend

Post by nfarend »

Of course, no problem. I have been in touch with Ros for over 4 years and I want this book! Also because I have provided some photos. But we have to be patient I guess.
nfarend

Post by nfarend »

Oh, and by the way, this is one of his replies (I didn't check if he was OK with me posting this but I hope he is):

"To your concerns:
- There is nothing short of death that will keep me from completing this book. Also, I will not be pressured to release it before I think it's ready, and it's almost ready now.
- The project is not too big for me to handle, it's just very big and very big takes time. The people who have preordered will get what they paid for and more. I never promised a specific release date so people will just have to be patient.
- I will not give up. I've devoted the last 5 years of my life to this project and as long as I don't die, MAGIC will live."
redinthesky

Post by redinthesky »

PterCriss wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:29 pm

The topic is Ros' book and the negative unwarranted attitudes some have. The solution is contact Ros directly. I know that takes your public complaining and voice away but it's the solution for those that have questions.

Asking where someone went to school and credentials is not the issue. The issue is if the person you ask says they don't feel comfortable or want to share that information that you respect that person's wishes. That's the difference between me and you other guys who didn't respect my decision.
On the other hand though, Ros can answer many people at once by just laying everything out on the line publicly, I'm sure him being human doesn't want to answer the same questions in emails repeatedly.

And I do gotta add, this isn't personal as we've had some good-natured back-and-forths, but I'm also one that would prefer if one talks about the things you have, you gotta show some work/examples/etc. I've always been like that here. It's a cliche but if you talk the talk, you gotta walk the walk.
PterCriss
Banned

Post by PterCriss »

redinthesky wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:06 pm

On the other hand though, Ros can answer many people at once by just laying everything out on the line publicly, I'm sure him being human doesn't want to answer the same questions in emails repeatedly.

And I do gotta add, this isn't personal as we've had some good-natured back-and-forths, but I'm also one that would prefer if one talks about the things you have, you gotta show some work/examples/etc. I've always been like that here. It's a cliche but if you talk the talk, you gotta walk the walk.
I would love to share my work. My company and name is connected to clients of mine and the FAQ is not Facebook were I can decide who I want to share it with. My Facebook has my friend connection and it doesn't have my enemies from the FAQ on it.

I'll find some video and other work I can share with the FAQ but it's not going to be connected to my company or clients.
Dr Borgo
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Dr Borgo »

redinthesky wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:06 pm

I think he has been good with updates. There are videos on his Facebook page showing layouts, receipts, and things all representing progress so far. I have absolutely no problems with his transparency on the project. I just have to learn patience.
Fartbone
Banned

Post by Fartbone »

StarChildBlade wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:06 am

Puto heyman. Called pter, I mean heyman out some time ago.
In the Suds

Post by In the Suds »

nfarend wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:56 pm Oh, and by the way, this is one of his replies (I didn't check if he was OK with me posting this but I hope he is):

"To your concerns:
- There is nothing short of death that will keep me from completing this book. Also, I will not be pressured to release it before I think it's ready, and it's almost ready now.
- The project is not too big for me to handle, it's just very big and very big takes time. The people who have preordered will get what they paid for and more. I never promised a specific release date so people will just have to be patient.
- I will not give up. I've devoted the last 5 years of my life to this project and as long as I don't die, MAGIC will live."
No specifics. Just more stuff about how it's 'almost' done and he'll never give in blah blah.
kinetic74

Post by kinetic74 »

PterCriss wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:39 pm
kinetic74 wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:21 pm
Stanley! You look so cute wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:56 am
highvoltage1969 wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:27 am
You have someone paginating your work?

Coincidentally, I just paginated a CD booklet less than 5 minutes ago. A whole 12 pages!! Phew! :lol:
All my work is digital now, but when I used to work on printed books and magazines, yes, a production manager gracefully turned my designer's spreads into printer friendly pages! This was for a big publishing company though, they needed to keep those presses running 24/7 without any holdups.

I used to make films and plates in ye olde days of printing so I have a solid understanding of the process, but paginating a big book is the devils' work.

Even for CD booklets, I'd always make a mockup to figure out which pages go where.

Worst part of the job!
With all modern magazines and books we just send numbered PDFs to the printer ie;

001_COVER.pdf
002_IFC.pdf
003_Nameoffilexxx.pdf etc

The printer then does the rest as far as a 8 page or 16 page sections. In my 20+ years of publishing magazines and books i've never had to do a "pagination" the traditional way.
Adobe InDesign is what they are using to layout and manage his book.
Exactly what i did. Adobe Indesign CC 2019. No pagination needed. Just send numbered PDFs. Printers do the rest
Under The Rose

Post by Under The Rose »

Can I remind everyone what Admin posted in response to this new thread being opened....

Much Too Soon

Post by Much Too Soon »

tmcfaddin wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:39 am
Crown Royal wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:30 am I just hope the book is released soon. I'm tired of feeling 53, I wanna' feel twelve again, damn it
After reading some of your comments, I thought you were twelve.
Don’t compliment him. 👶🏼
Much Too Soon

Post by Much Too Soon »

Cracks me up... many here are grandpas .... getting bent out of shape over a book.
nfarend

Post by nfarend »

Much Too Soon wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:31 pm Cracks me up... many here are grandpas .... getting bent out of shape over a book.
And those with the strongest opinions regarding this project often even haven't preordered the book themselves.
But they keep visiting this thread over and over again.
Go figure.
Di3go
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by Di3go »

To sumarize, the only important question still is WHERE'S THE BEEF?
redinthesky

Post by redinthesky »

nfarend wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:39 pm
Much Too Soon wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:31 pm Cracks me up... many here are grandpas .... getting bent out of shape over a book.
And those with the strongest opinions regarding this project often even haven't preordered the book themselves.
Go figure.
Maybe some of us would like to order but want answers and clearing up to certain questions first? And keep visiting hoping for some updates/answers/clarifications etc? Not too hard to figure.

That's besides the fact that the author has been promoting the book here at the Faq ad nauseam, as in relentlessly (even making it his avatar), pretty much making it a viable Kiss discussion topic for anyone who wants to discuss it.
highvoltage1969
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Go figure.
Spot on! If you're not a member of the pre-paid club I can see absolutely no reason whatsoever why you'd have any interest in this book. I just don't get it, it cracks me up, why would you even care if you haven't paid in advance?

Admin, can we have a separate section for people who've paid up front please, that way proper fans don't have to read the constant whining of the so called 'KISS fans' who keep trolling Ros with butthurt, entitled, irrelevant questions like "when is the book going to be released please?." Seriously, get a grip, it took 50 years to write the New Testament, I'm sure Magic will be finished in less than 10.
nfarend

Post by nfarend »

redinthesky wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:16 am
Go figure.
Maybe some of us would like to order but want answers and clearing up to certain questions first? And keep visiting hoping for some updates/answers/clarifications etc? Not too hard to figure.

That's besides the fact that the author has been promoting the book here at the Faq ad nauseam, as in relentlessly (even making it his avatar), pretty much making it a viable Kiss discussion topic for anyone who wants to discuss it.
Sure, but the same old questions are asked over and over again. At a certain point it becomes pointless. Like others have said, I think the author has answered quite a lot of valid questions and keeps us updated from time to time. And when the answers are not to your liking? Tough cookie.
Of course I want this book asap and of course I'd like to know how long it's gonna take until it's ready. Apparently the author still needs more time to complete it. It is what it is. And if this is needed to make it a better book, so be it.
I'm one of the early buyers I guess and am not disappointed by the way the author communicates with me personally and how he communicates with others on Facebook (from what I've seen).
Am I disappointed that there are several delays? Of course!!!
But hey, life goes on and I have faith that the book will be there some time.
Peace! 8)
TheSpoiler

Post by TheSpoiler »

If people don't want to wait and requests for refunds are being honored, what's the issue? I'm not seeing the author holding a gun to anyone's heads here.
redinthesky

Post by redinthesky »

nfarend wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:19 am
redinthesky wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:16 am
Go figure.

Sure, but the same old questions are asked over and over again. At a certain point it becomes pointless. Like others have said, I think the author has answered quite a lot of valid questions and keeps us updated from time to time. And when the answers are not to your liking? Tough cookie.
Of course I want this book asap and of course I'd like to know how long it's gonna take until it's ready. Apparently the author still needs more time to complete it. It is what it is. And if this is needed to make it a better book, so be it.
I'm one of the early buyers I guess and am not disappointed by the way the author communicates with me personally and how he communicates with others on Facebook (from what I've seen).
Am I disappointed that there are several delays? Of course!!!
But hey, life goes on and I have faith that the book will be there some time.
Peace! 8)
That works :thumleft:
Much Too Soon

Post by Much Too Soon »

Go figure.
Yes you’re exactly right. And FTR I have preordered the book.
BatLizardDemon
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by BatLizardDemon »

I just received the hype email about time running out on ordering the deluxe version of MAGIC. It seemed like an urgent attempt to secure more money. Having already preordered the deluxe offering over a year ago, I’m starting to feel pretty uneasy about this undertaking. I wish Ros well, but his recent communications are not very reassuring.
Rip Rokken
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Rip Rokken »

UnholyDemon wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:08 pm Now Pter is Ros' liason like Rip thinks he is Vinnie's, we're screwed!
Lol... that’s like comparing a winged monkey from the Wizard of Oz (PterCriss) to John the Baptist. :lol:
In the Suds

Post by In the Suds »

Those flying monkeys were pretty awesome.
Under The Rose

Post by Under The Rose »

BatLizardDemon wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:42 pm I just received the hype email about time running out on ordering the deluxe version of MAGIC. It seemed like an urgent attempt to secure more money. Having already preordered the deluxe offering over a year ago, I’m starting to feel pretty uneasy about this undertaking. I wish Ros well, but his recent communications are not very reassuring.
Seems a bit of a pattern going on with new members of the FAQ questioning Ros and this project. Seems a bit dubious to me.
fifthdeadlyvenom
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by fifthdeadlyvenom »

Under The Rose wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:22 pm Seems a bit of a pattern going on with new members of the FAQ questioning Ros and this project. Seems a bit dubious to me.

3 Sides goobers putting in work? :lol: