Rock & Brews

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
Rip Rokken
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Re: Rock & Brews

Post by Rip Rokken »

I’ve only been to one, in Orlando. Met a friend for lunch there named Dayyami who is a major KISS fan who goes on all the Kruises. Food was great, and bought a shirt — still one of my favorite T’s.
Rip Rokken
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Rip Rokken »

Gona wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:14 pm Trump is the man!
From KISS, Gene would be the one to get my vote.
:gene: :mrgreen:
Fair Baseball
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Fair Baseball »

The rock n brews out here (Vacaville) is closing down Sunday. Only in business for 1 year.
Doose
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by Doose »

Fair Baseball wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:43 am The rock n brews out here (Vacaville) is closing down Sunday. Only in business for 1 year.
Apparently they just shut the one in San Bernardino, CA down too.

https://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2019/08 ... ng-sunday/
Crown Royal
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Crown Royal »

Hopefully the six in the Chicagoland area are still going strong
DJ Sterling Golden
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by DJ Sterling Golden »

I literally just talked to someone last night who's been to a Rock x Brews.

Nope he didn't try the Purple Rain Drops.
andreww1962
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by andreww1962 »

The concept of Gene Simmons being some sort of business genius is just bullshit. Gene is good at two things, playing in the band and pimping out the logo to anyone who wants to pay him. Virtually every business venture he's gotten in to has been a failure. I'd guess the only successful non-Kiss product he's had are the books he's written about how to be a successful businessman. Ironic eh?
elleneff
Banned

Post by elleneff »

andreww1962 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:27 am The concept of Gene Simmons being some sort of business genius is just bullshit. Gene is good at two things, playing in the band and pimping out the logo to anyone who wants to pay him. Virtually every business venture he's gotten in to has been a failure. I'd guess the only successful non-Kiss product he's had are the books he's written about how to be a successful businessman. Ironic eh?
Ding. There we are. Even his own son, Nicholas hit the nail squarely on the head.

and even the Vault. They made , what 5000 of them and only sold about 1500? Rhino will think again and clearly have. They took a bath on it. Not Gene. Vault is done.
battra
Might as well be the Admin!

Post by battra »

Crown Royal wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:47 pm Hopefully the six in the Chicagoland area are still going strong
SIX? Seriously?

Are you counting the one in Suburban STL as one of those six?
battra

Post by battra »

elleneff wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:24 am
andreww1962 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:27 am The concept of Gene Simmons being some sort of business genius is just bullshit. Gene is good at two things, playing in the band and pimping out the logo to anyone who wants to pay him. Virtually every business venture he's gotten in to has been a failure. I'd guess the only successful non-Kiss product he's had are the books he's written about how to be a successful businessman. Ironic eh?
Ding. There we are. Even his own son, Nicholas hit the nail squarely on the head.

and even the Vault. They made , what 5000 of them and only sold about 1500? Rhino will think again and clearly have. They took a bath on it. Not Gene. Vault is done.
You will still hear people saying he's a good businessman.

I can think of other men in America whose best move is licensing their name getting the same treatment..lol.
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

battra wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:57 am
elleneff wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:24 am

You will still hear people saying he's a good businessman.

I can think of other men in America whose best move is licensing their name getting the same treatment..lol.
I believe Gene is the epitome of a perfect businessman. Complete and utter Teflon if you will.

Unlimited people run to him for the honor of attaching his name and likeness to a product.

Zero risk.

All reward.

From where he’s sitting it’s a consummate transaction.

The franchise I just bought into requires $300K skin in the game and $1M loan from the bank.

We should all be so lucky as Gene Simmons.
elleneff
Banned

Post by elleneff »

My question is. For Gene to be perceived as a good businessman, knowing he doesn’t invest his own cash. Knowing he simply lend his name out for fast, knowing he’s ghosted on albums , ghosted on his books,
How many investors got burnt by association with him or some of his Kiss endevours.
Koffee house died.
Kiss perfumes was a bomb,
Asshole tanked.
Tongue mag died.
Vault is a bomb.
LA KISS was a mess as was the series .
And so forth.

Ok Family Jewels was a great hit. But it was carefully scripted propaganda tv. Reality? Lol
That was his biggest success outside Kiss. Though people only watched because of Kiss. And his family was more likeable than him.
Last edited by elleneff on Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

elleneff wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:21 am My question is. For Gene to be perceived as a good businessman, knowing he doesn’t invest his own cash. Knowing he simply lend his name out for fast, knowing he’s ghosted on albums , ghosted on his books,
How many investors got burnt by association with him or some of his Kiss endevours.
Koffee house died.
Kiss perfumes was a bomb,
Asshole tanked.
Tongue mag died.
Vault is a bomb.
And so forth.

Ok Family Jewels was a great hit. But it was carefully scripted propaganda tv. Reality? Lol
That was his biggest success outside Kiss. Though people only watched because of Kiss. And his family was more likeable than him.
If you had the same options...

A) You can risk your own money and make money off of that investment.

or

B) All you have to do is attach your name to it and people send you checks. No risk whatsoever and all reward.

Gene chooses option B.

The first rule in business is to minimize risk. Is this not the building blocks of a good businessman?
Doose

Post by Doose »

Obviously investors are making some money, though, or they wouldn't keep investing in band-related items. I think things like the Koffeehouse and Mini-Gold were projects initiated by fans. Other things like LA KISS, Rock & Brews, etc. might have come through Epic Rights.

I don't understand Gene's speaking engagements. Why would any organization pay him $100k to speak? If it's a corporate gig, I get it. They have money to blow. If they are public events with ticket sales, like the ones in Canada are, there's no way they can make their money back.

I think the Vault made money for Rhino. I don't believe for a minute they made 5,000 units to start. I think they produce them as needed, maybe in batches of 250 or so, or maybe they did 1,000 for the tour. I can't imagine they cost more than $100-150 to produce (all inclusive of the CDs, booklet, etc.). At $2,500, even if they have expenses of $500 per unit (including manufacturing, shipping, travel, etc.), that's a $2,000 profit margin - 50% to Gene, 50% to Rhino. For every 500 sold, they're each netting $500k. Imagine how many CDs of another artist Rhino has to sell at $14.99 to net $500k.
battra

Post by battra »

nibbler1982 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:09 am I believe Gene is the epitome of a perfect businessman. Complete and utter Teflon if you will.

Unlimited people run to him for the honor of attaching his name and likeness to a product.

Zero risk.

All reward.

The franchise I just bought into requires $300K skin in the game and $1M loan from the bank.

Well, at least you said businessman and not entrepreneur, but either way...

I prefer my businessmen to be smart at business...which Gene is not. When it comes to HIS business ventures, he's an abject failure. When other people pay him a commission he's a huge success.
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

Doose wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:06 am Obviously investors are making some money, though, or they wouldn't keep investing in band-related items. I think things like the Koffeehouse and Mini-Gold were projects initiated by fans. Other things like LA KISS, Rock & Brews, etc. might have come through Epic Rights.

I don't understand Gene's speaking engagements. Why would any organization pay him $100k to speak? If it's a corporate gig, I get it. They have money to blow. If they are public events with ticket sales, like the ones in Canada are, there's no way they can make their money back.

I think the Vault made money for Rhino. I don't believe for a minute they made 5,000 units to start. I think they produce them as needed, maybe in batches of 250 or so, or maybe they did 1,000 for the tour. I can't imagine they cost more than $100-150 to produce (all inclusive of the CDs, booklet, etc.). At $2,500, even if they have expenses of $500 per unit (including manufacturing, shipping, travel, etc.), that's a $2,000 profit margin - 50% to Gene, 50% to Rhino. For every 500 sold, they're each netting $500k. Imagine how many CDs of another artist Rhino has to sell at $14.99 to net $500k.
There was no reason whatsoever to bang out 5,000 units. Especially with such a controlled environment. There was never a situation where demand was gonna exceed supply. When Vaults were booked they knew EXACTLY how many were needed.

It was a vanity endeavor that once again got Gene and KISS’ name all over the media outlets.
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

battra wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:10 am
nibbler1982 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:09 am I believe Gene is the epitome of a perfect businessman. Complete and utter Teflon if you will.

Zero risk.

All reward.

Well, at least you said businessman and not entrepreneur, but either way...

I prefer my businessmen to be smart at business...which Gene is not. When it comes to HIS business ventures, he's an abject failure. When other people pay him a commission he's a huge success.
Which of HIS business ventures is he an abject failure in?

When looking at the endeavors we’re privy to Gene hasn’t abjectly failed at anything. The only thing he did was collect money hand over fist.

If the people that gained Gene’s endorsement failed that’s no skin off of Gene’s apple.

It’s perfect business. How much smarter can you be?

If only I could be so fortunate.
Arrogant
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by Arrogant »

nibbler1982 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:37 am

or

B) All you have to do is attach your name to it and people send you checks. No risk whatsoever and all reward.

Gene chooses option B.

The first rule in business is to minimize risk. Is this not the building blocks of a good businessman?
No concern about quality of products.
No concern about what/who his name is attached to as long as he profits.
Endless bragging, exaggerations, and outright lies to further his own pursuits.

Much of his alleged success is due to a gullible fanbase, not acumen or savvy.

He's Trump with (almost impossibly) worse hair.
andreww1962
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by andreww1962 »

nibbler1982 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:20 am

When looking at the endeavors we’re privy to Gene hasn’t abjectly failed at anything. The only thing he did was collect money hand over fist.

If the people that gained Gene’s endorsement failed that’s no skin off of Gene’s apple.

LA KISS
IRL Marketing partnership
Moneybag clothing
Simmons records

I could go on but you get the picture. As I said before, Gene has one achievement, KISS. He has licensed the shit out of that brand, but quite frankly I don't doubt that what he has made doing that is reflected in revenue lost by the band from fans that just got sick of KISS toys, bubble gum cards, condoms and caskets.
andreww1962
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by andreww1962 »

Arrogant wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:20 am
nibbler1982 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:37 am

or

Gene chooses option B.

Donald Trump actually gives a shit about his brand though.
elleneff
Banned

Post by elleneff »

Doose wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:06 am Obviously investors are making some money, though, or they wouldn't keep investing in band-related items. I think things like the Koffeehouse and Mini-Gold were projects initiated by fans. Other things like LA KISS, Rock & Brews, etc. might have come through Epic Rights.

Well. I recall Keith Valcourt saying that they hoped to break even this year, this was before the planned post Kiss shows Vaults were scrapped and they hoped to sell another 1000 this year and then they had broken even. They were at around 1500 units sold. another 1000 as Keith indicated brought that to 2.5k units sold which was the break even. The events were pulled for Im sure many reasons. Post event insurance, Paul displeased at him doing it as a Kiss show, Rhino just going, its no longer worth it, Id be very interested to know via Keith where that Vault project is at, if its at anywhere.
Now I seriously doubt given genes Modus that he did anything other than give the tapes to Rhino to recover, clean and master.
It was a PR excercise for Gene.

and yes, if the business model is simply to lease/lend his name "GENE SIMMONS (OF KISS)" and image to any curious licencees who , for whatever reason want a Simmons association, for an upfront fee and a media push at launch then sure.
Its no different to, say, Van Damme hired to sell Coors light, or Jennifer Aniston selling shampoo. Its a PR gig as a paid shill. Thats not acute business acumen, thats a hited gig.

Now on the topic of endorsement/ association, I get Aniston selling shampoo, she has lovely hair, I get Clooney selling Nespresso, I get Mr Bean selling Snickers, I get Leno and Seinfeld selling Acura etc.

What I dont get is an endorser selling cannibis produsts and thinking, hey what about anti drug stiff Gene Simmons when clearly Snoop Dogg is the man
I dont get an endorser selling cola wanting a Simmons moneybags name on it. (warning, may only be bought by select middle aged white men who will buy it to collect and convince it isnt giving them diabetes)

I mean, This is a man who only wanted their final studio album called Monster simply so he could try to cajole them into an energy drink association.

He should be selling Fibre Thick. Or Simmons steaks (Gene buys and rears the cows from Israel, imports to USA , pops a flag on them, then bores the cows to an ethical death with his typical interviews and soundbytes) , Simmons hankerchiefs, Simmons blazers (look like you just stepped out of the 80s)
Selling stuff he actually uses and needs to a demographic that needs that crap.
I can imagine the Monster execs discussing this,
Exec One: So guys, Gene has approached us for an endoresement and cash deal if we partner. Now the logo is very close to ours and on the face , its an easy partner. Should we green light it? should we pay them?

Exec two: So , what are we really saying? If you are tired, jaded and past it, like Kiss, have a Monster energy DRINK TO ROCK AND ROLL ALL NIGHT? This isnt an optics excercise we really need guys, we need new vibrant young, not old, heritage acts trying to sell a new album no one wants. Pass.
DJ Sterling Golden
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Arrogant wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:20 am [

Facts: you simply cannot talk power moves, life goals and achievements with those who don't share the same ambition as you. Cos to them, it sounds like bragging.

No one can ever accuse Gene of not being open and honest about who he is and what he thinks. Does he always succeed at every opportunity? Nah. Most entrepreneurs fail more than they succeed and you'll always have people to the left ready to troll that shit. The times he has succeeded, tho? KISS, Family Jewels etc? You remember those successes. And again like most entrepreneurs, those wins aren't as numerous as the L's. But those wins made their mark.

As for his "gullible fanbase": you know anything about stan culture? You can say that of every band or artist that generates enormous support.

Honestly your description of Gene Simmons would be much more appropriate for Jay-Z.
Last edited by DJ Sterling Golden on Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
andreww1962
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by andreww1962 »

DJ Sterling Golden wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:43 am No one can ever accuse Gene of not being open and honest about who he is and what he thinks. Does he always succeed at every opportunity? Nah. Most entrepreneurs fail more than they succeed and you'll always have people to the left ready to troll that shit. The times he has succeeded, tho? You remember those successes. And again like most entrepreneurs, those wins aren't as numerous as the L's. But those wins made their mark.
Sorry, you want to fill me in on one of those successes? I honestly can't think of any, that is unless you are talking about pimping out the KISS logo?
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

andreww1962 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:28 am

LA KISS
Moneybag clothing
Simmons records

I could go on but you get the picture. As I said before, Gene has one achievement, KISS. He has licensed the shit out of that brand, but quite frankly I don't doubt that what he has made doing that is reflected in revenue lost by the band from fans that just got sick of KISS toys, bubble gum cards, condoms and caskets.
You’re proving my point man.

Three of those companies you mentioned Gene didn’t invest a dime. They were just attaching his name to it just like all the rest.

As for LA KISS? It’s just more shit to get the KISS name out there.
For whatever “stake” they had in the team (if any) I’m sure the press and the television show more than paid for itself.

It’s like getting paid for your own advertising.

Brilliant.
DJ Sterling Golden
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

andreww1962 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:50 am
Sorry, you want to fill me in on one of those successes? I honestly can't think of any, that is unless you are talking about pimping out the KISS logo?
One? You've got Gene Simmons Family Jewels. Seven seasons, one of the longer running reality shows in American TV history. Far better tenure than first foreseen.

Anyway there ya go.
DJ Sterling Golden
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

nibbler1982 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:52 am

Three of those companies you mentioned Gene didn’t invest a dime. They were just attaching his name to it just like all the rest.

For whatever “stake” they had in the team (if any) I’m sure the press and the television show more than paid for itself.

Brilliant.
Imagine this, tho: you are able to get paid simply cos of who you are. Repeatedly, even if you have taken the L numerous times.

No wonder Forbes gave Gene a lifetime achievement award. You can't hate on that kind of ability to make money.
andreww1962
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by andreww1962 »

LA KISS
Moneybag clothing
Simmons records

Brilliant.
Maybe so, but if the PR you want out there is that everything you touch turns to shit, Gene is your man. In a way he's just slightly less of a scammer than Vinnie. Lets go in to business together, you put up the money and take all the risk, we'll both get rich. Ya right Gene.
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

andreww1962 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:59 am

LA KISS
Moneybag clothing
Simmons records

Brilliant.
Maybe so, but if the PR you want out there is that everything you touch turns to shit, Gene is your man. In a way he's just slightly less of a scammer than Vinnie. Lets go in to business together, you put up the money and take all the risk, we'll both get rich. Ya right Gene.
The scenario sounds ABSOLUTELY SPLENDID for one of the two parties involved.
DJ Sterling Golden
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

"Scammer"? Disagree. He's literally stated in print he rarely if ever invests his own paper into ventures. Has put his terms right there out in the open. That isn't a scammer. That's shockingly blunt, but that isn't scamming. If someone agrees to his terms? That's on them. Not Gene.

Truth is, it was Gene's direct hands on approach to dealing with his customers - and I was that 17 year old customer in 1994 (even tho I wasn't home for the goddamn call) - that inspired me to take on entrepreneurship myself later in life. Say what you will about the guy but if you can inspire others with your approach, man I'd say you're doing some shit right. Dude took the time to reach out himself. Not send some low paid intern to respond to me. That's real G shit.
Crown Royal
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Crown Royal »

battra wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:56 am
Crown Royal wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:47 pm Hopefully the six in the Chicagoland area are still going strong
SIX? Seriously?

Sorry, I was being facetious. Gene said in an interview a while ago that six new R&B's were going up around Chicago 'soon'
13marcello
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by 13marcello »

The truth is never good enough for Gene Simmons.
Crown Royal wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:03 pm
SIX? Seriously?

Sorry, I was being facetious. Gene said in an interview a while ago that six new R&B's were going up around Chicago 'soon'
andreww1962
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by andreww1962 »

DJ Sterling Golden wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:17 am
"Scammer"? Disagree. He's literally stated in print he rarely if ever invests his own paper into ventures. Has put his terms right there out in the open. That isn't a scammer. That's shockingly blunt, but that isn't scamming. If someone agrees to his terms? That's on them. Not Gene.

Truth is, it was Gene's direct hands on approach to dealing with his customers - and I was that 17 year old customer in 1994 (even tho I wasn't home for the goddamn call) - that inspired me to take on entrepreneurship myself later in life. Say what you will about the guy but if you can inspire others with your approach, man I'd say you're doing some shit right. Dude took the time to reach out himself. Not send some low paid intern to respond to me. That's real G shit.
True, but he's got the track record of a lame horse and he's out there promoting himself as a marketing genius. Bottom line, somebody is loosing money, if it aint Gene its somebody else. He obviously talks a big game but rarely delivers.
andreww1962
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by andreww1962 »

DJ Sterling Golden wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:17 am Truth is, it was Gene's direct hands on approach to dealing with his customers - and I was that 17 year old customer in 1994 (even tho I wasn't home for the goddamn call) - that inspired me to take on entrepreneurship myself later in life. Say what you will about the guy but if you can inspire others with your approach, man I'd say you're doing some shit right. Dude took the time to reach out himself. Not send some low paid intern to respond to me. That's real G shit.
Maybe he should go in to customer service then, at least he's good at that.
battra

Post by battra »

nibbler1982 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:20 am Which of HIS business ventures is he an abject failure in?

Tongue Magazine

Simmons Records

There's nothing wrong with what Gene does.

But it doesn't make him a smart businessman.

That's all.

No more, no less.

If I could get that gig, you better believe I'd take it.

I'd slap my face on tampons if someone would pay for it. :)
battra

Post by battra »

Crown Royal wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:03 pm
SIX? Seriously?

Nothing would surprise me anymore.

And if we ever do get that super train...STL will just be another suburb of Chicago...lol.
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

battra wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:16 pm
nibbler1982 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:20 am Which of HIS business ventures is he an abject failure in?

Tongue Magazine

Simmons Records

There's nothing wrong with what Gene does.

But it doesn't make him a smart businessman.

That's all.

No more, no less.

If I could get that gig, you better believe I'd take it.

I'd slap my face on tampons if someone would pay for it. :)
With Tongue he was just a figurehead like all the others. The mag was created by publishers Sterling/Macfadden and Allen Tuller. They just slapped Gene’s name on it. It was an attempt to capitalize on all the other men’s magazines of the time.

With Simmons Records it’s virtually the same. Gene would attach his name to a band and then shop them to real labels like RCA and BMG.

In both cases no risk and all reward.
DJ Sterling Golden
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

nibbler1982 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:33 pm
With Tongue he was just a figurehead like all the others. The mag was created by publishers Sterling/Macfadden and Allen Tuller. They just slapped Gene’s name on it. It was an attempt to capitalize on all the other men’s magazines of the time.

With Simmons Records it’s virtually the same. Gene would attach his name to a band and then shop them to real labels like RCA and BMG.

Weird but cool thing about issue 2 of Tongue Magazine is I have since become well acquainted with two of the interview guests: Traci Bingham (longtime New Englander) and cover woman Carrie Stevens. She was a guest twice on the Sterlingtology Live morning show and we had brunch when she revisited Boston last year. Wonderful lady.
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

DJ Sterling Golden wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:49 pm
nibbler1982 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:33 pm

Weird but cool thing about issue 2 of Tongue Magazine is I have since become well acquainted with two of the interview guests: Traci Bingham (longtime New Englander) and cover woman Carrie Stevens. She was a guest twice on the Sterlingtology Live morning show and we had brunch when she revisited Boston last year. Wonderful lady.
Sounds like a brunch I’d like to be part of. Speaking of which...

Out here in Long Island there’s a place called the Millridge Inn. It’s brunch is outta control. It’s got EVERYTHING. But I really wouldn’t know. I dine exclusively on the unlimited lobster tails, crab legs, jumbo shrimp, and prime rib. My record is 19 lobster tails. :D

$65.95 with unlimited mimosas, bellinis, and bloody Mary’s.

Good times.
Bruce
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Bruce »

Be careful, nibbler, that you don't get Mercury poisoning from all that seafood!
Ace of Bass

Post by Ace of Bass »

Nibbs cannot be destroyed by conventional weapons.
Bruce
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Bruce »

What about parasites, though? Sushi is chock full of those too! Worms of every sort ...
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

Bruce wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:26 pm Be careful, nibbler, that you don't get Mercury poisoning from all that seafood!
Funny you say that. After my last trip to Mardi Gras the clique was calling me “The Thermometer”. For a week I must’ve had seafood morning, noon, and night.

No exaggeration...I was eating mudbugs a hundred at a time. :D
Bruce
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Bruce »

Ha! The Thermometer. Well ... at least you're informed of the risk.
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

Bruce wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:32 pm What about parasites, though? Sushi is chock full of those too! Worms of every sort ...
Speaking of parasites...another one of my favorite eateries might be closing down. Rumor on the street is Tracks of Penn Station might get forced out upon the upcoming renovation to that region.

It’s my favorite raw bar of all time. Shame.
822EB654-C53F-48FE-B591-218464416F2F.jpeg
Wild Animals
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Wild Animals »

great cheese fries their!
WinnieWincent
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by WinnieWincent »

With no mention of them on the website on the "about us" section I take it they were bought out. A shame as this seemed to have been the most sensible investment they've made.
DJ Sterling Golden
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

WinnieWincent wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:57 pm With no mention of them on the website on the "about us" section I take it they were bought out. A shame as this seemed to have been the most sensible investment they've made.
They are still mentioned here as founders. Pretty sure the boys still have involvement.

https://www.rockandbrews.com/about-us/our-history/
DJ Sterling Golden
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

nibbler1982 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:59 pm

Out here in Long Island there’s a place called the Millridge Inn. It’s brunch is outta control. It’s got EVERYTHING. But I really wouldn’t know. I dine exclusively on the unlimited lobster tails, crab legs, jumbo shrimp, and prime rib. My record is 19 lobster tails. :D

Good times.
It was a very cool meetup fr. Carrie, her son, my friends Kapila x Liv and myself all shared hang time for the day while she was here for a weekend.

I'll have to check out Milridge Inn next time I'm in that area fa sho.
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

DJ Sterling Golden wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:23 pm
nibbler1982 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:59 pm

Good times.
It was a very cool meetup fr. Carrie, her son, my friends Kapila x Liv and myself all shared hang time for the day while she was here for a weekend.

I'll have to check out Milridge Inn next time I'm in that area fa sho.

Sounds like it was a good time.

As far as Millridge?

It’s on Sunday’s only and I’d make a reservation W-A-Y in advance if plan on attending.

You won’t be let down.
DJ Sterling Golden
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Doose wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:06 am

I don't understand Gene's speaking engagements.
From interviews I've seen in the past, even Gene doesn't understand them. He just knows there are businesses willing to pay him to talk.