Stunning proof as to why Ace should not be allowed back into KISS

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
badmachineogm
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Stunning proof as to why Ace should not be allowed back into KISS

Post by badmachineogm »

Another Saturday night, another KISS tribute band. Another Spaceman that absolutely smokes the original. Craig Jahns of KISSM evoked the tremulous power and tone of Ace like none other I’ve seen - including Frehley, himself, in recent decades. Practice, Ace. Practice and rehearse. It does a body good. It does an audience even better.
2C78C3F6-C0A2-4308-87E5-85225B479004.jpeg
8E94C848-0802-455B-9B21-794F70CD057F.jpeg
850720E9-E702-4863-9D82-8861E023BD4A.jpeg
Seanjc
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Re: Stunning proof as to why Ace should not be allowed back into KISS

Post by Seanjc »

The next spaceman for KISS 2.0?
dvader
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by dvader »

Never heard about them, but out of curiosity I checked one of their videos on youtube, it was refreshing to hear the Shock me solo played note by note

I would definitely love to hear him playing some stuff out of Ace 78 solo record, such as snowblind or speedin' back...
It's a pity Ace can't handle his won material
GACatmandu
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by GACatmandu »

I clicked on the youtube link and tried to listen to the song, but they suck. He is not better than Ace sorry.
Nellcote71
Banned

Post by Nellcote71 »

Too sober looking
Hi I'm Witz
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Hi I'm Witz »

He looks like he's paying tribute to Tommy Thayer paying tribute to Ace.
So Cruel
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by So Cruel »

Is this is a joke? There’s probably a 1000 guys in their basement or a bar who can play better then Ace now, and a 1000 more who can play better then Keith Richards now, and same goes for a whole lotta other musicians, but who cares? No one pays to see a nobody who’s never created anything over the star who wrote/played on all those great songs.
Man of a Thousand Aces

Post by Man of a Thousand Aces »

Silly comparison. Most KISS tributes suck, musically speaking, so singling out one as an "example" to Ace is just silly.
RisingForce

Post by RisingForce »

Funny. Is the singer of this tribute band stunning proof as to why Paul shouldn't be allowed near a stage anymore either?
SaintN'Sinner83
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by SaintN'Sinner83 »

I've seen 8 year olds nail Van Halen's "Eruption" on YouTube faster than current Eddie Van Halen.

Should we boot him out of the band next time Van Halen wants to do something and hire the 8 year old?
mybliesad
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by mybliesad »

I don't know what you're on about. This isn't proof Ace shouldn't play anymore. It might be proof this guy should stop copying Tommy copying Ace.
Wally Swift
Banned

Post by Wally Swift »

Fat Paul, midget Gene.....WTF?
Dr Borgo
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Dr Borgo »

So Cruel wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:31 am Is this is a joke? There’s probably a 1000 guys in their basement or a bar who can play better then Ace now, and a 1000 more who can play better then Keith Richards now, and same goes for a whole lotta other musicians, but who cares? No one pays to see a nobody who’s never created anything over the star who wrote/played on all those great songs.
This 👍
AceyAintInCharge
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by AceyAintInCharge »

So Cruel wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:31 am Is this is a joke? There’s probably a 1000 guys in their basement or a bar who can play better then Ace now, and a 1000 more who can play better then Keith Richards now, and same goes for a whole lotta other musicians, but who cares? No one pays to see a nobody who’s never created anything over the star who wrote/played on all those great songs.
I was gonna type my own post but then there is this post that stole all of my words verbatim.
lespaul
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by lespaul »

never seen any kiss tribute bands get Peter`s drumming style right..none ...
Thunderous_Lay

Post by Thunderous_Lay »

Disclaimer: I used to play bass guitar when I was younger and even though I'd use a pick on occasion, I much prefered playing with my fingers.

The above aside, if you wanna join or play in a KISS tribute band, do learn how to use a pick.
ACESTATION

Post by ACESTATION »

Just go to the 1:55 mark.
He nails it better than ACE did in 1977 but he had some time to learn of course. ha
I think this guy will be in KISS 2.0
Tommyr
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Tommyr »

GACatmandu wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:38 am I clicked on the youtube link and tried to listen to the song, but they suck. He is not better than Ace sorry.
His lead was pretty spot on but the rest of the band is meh.
Mahatma

Post by Mahatma »

Exactly, this should be very clear to anyone with half a brain.
Avidfan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Avidfan »

Thunderous_Lay wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:41 pm The above aside, if you wanna join or play in a KISS tribute band, do learn how to use a pick.
*ugh* This. And if the Paul can wear a wicked wig, the Gene should too.
Ace was great though
Planet Caravan

Post by Planet Caravan »

This thread is more "stunning proof" that Tommy should be fired immediately and this guy hired. He smokes Tommy.

I mean its all about the makeup & characters right? The players don't matter, right?

Fire Tommy IMMEDIATELY and hire this dude.
PterCriss
Banned

Post by PterCriss »

AceyAintInCharge wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:28 pm
I was gonna type my own post but then there is this post that stole all of my words verbatim.
Stealing post and credit again I see.
PterCriss
Banned

Post by PterCriss »

This guy doesn't have to moves like Ace did and he doesn't look confident. Tommy doesn't look that bad compared to this Ace.
AceyAintInCharge
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

PterCriss wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:25 pm
Displaying once again that you have no comprehension of humor or sarcasm.
stutterer

Post by stutterer »

He bears a strong resemblance to Tommy Thayer. Facially. Bodily he's like Ace.
badmachineogm
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by badmachineogm »

You win, So Cruel! (And here people were getting ready to start calling you So Stupid. But I told them to be patient with you. “He’s one of them remedials,” I said.)

So many jokes in this post. Where to begin? Ah, yes:

1. “Stunning proof,” ‘cause, you know, words like that are like steak thrown to a wolverine for your sort. You’ll jump onto any steaming pile of fairy floss as long as it’s offered as evidence to some Krazed KISS Konspiracy or point of view.

2. OK There’s no denying that Fake Ace here is doing a damn good job at replicating vintage Spaceman riffage. But as you so forcefully pointed out - honestly, So Cruel, that roughshod manner of yours is such a turn on! - there are hundreds, thousands and possibly a gazillion more guitarists that can play so convincingly Acey. Which makes it such a terrible irony that the real deal, himself, can’t. Which brings us to the biggest joke of them all...

3. ...that you and other dreamers on this board actually believe that pulling that carcass onto a stage and squeezing him into his space jammies would make for an improved and more authentic KISS-like experience, because he was - like - there first! As PT Barnum once said, “There’s one like you born every minute....”
PterCriss
Banned

Post by PterCriss »

AceyAintInCharge wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:24 pm
Your post had neither of those on display. You think your post are the shit but you offer nothing to the conversation again.
So Cruel

Post by So Cruel »

badmachineogm wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:37 pm
You win, So Cruel! (And here people were getting ready to start calling you So Stupid. But I told them to be patient with you. “He’s one of them remedials,” I said.)

1. “Stunning proof,” ‘cause, you know, words like that are like steak thrown to a wolverine for your sort. You’ll jump onto any steaming pile of fairy floss as long as it’s offered as evidence to some Krazed KISS Konspiracy or point of view.

2. OK There’s no denying that Fake Ace here is doing a damn good job at replicating vintage Spaceman riffage. But as you so forcefully pointed out - honestly, So Cruel, that roughshod manner of yours is such a turn on! - there are hundreds, thousands and possibly a gazillion more guitarists that can play so convincingly Acey. Which makes it such a terrible irony that the real deal, himself, can’t. Which brings us to the biggest joke of them all...

3. ...that you and other dreamers on this board actually believe that pulling that carcass onto a stage and squeezing him into his space jammies would make for an improved and more authentic KISS-like experience, because he was - like - there first! As PT Barnum once said, “There’s one like you born every minute....”
You started a lame thread, you got owned by many in your lame thread, and now your butts a little sore.
Attachments
image.gif
image.gif
image.gif
Last edited by So Cruel on Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PterCriss
Banned

Post by PterCriss »

To be fair without calling people names think about this:

We have only had Ace and Tommy play Ace with full makeup and all that goes with it. The guy in the OP and You Tube link proves that Tommy brings a little more Tommy to playing Ace then we all thought (good or bad).

I meet Tommy in 2000 in San Bernardino (yes the sometime I meet Paul and Doc) and given that Ace almost missed the previous nights show I knew Tommy would take over for Ace in the future. I even mentioned this to Tommy when he let me back stage.

Now the OP and So Cruel seem on opposite ends of the spectrum on who can play Ace and it makes you say hmmmm. ????? What if Gene and Paul found a no name guy to play Ace, would that be better then Tommy? or would it work for Kiss 2.0 ?

I think Kiss did the right thing and going with Tommy to fill in for Ace. Why? Because we have some history with Tommy and at least we know Tommy to some extent. How bad would a no name skinny Ace go over with the fans? At least Tommy can take all thereat the fans give him.
PterCriss
Banned

Post by PterCriss »

RisingForce wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:42 am Funny. Is the singer of this tribute band stunning proof as to why Paul shouldn't be allowed near a stage anymore either?
Why do you say that ?
caligari

Post by caligari »

Not to sound “mean” but these guys are like 99% of the KISS TRIBUTES. They do not “move” ANYTHING like the KISS member they are impersonating. Study your bootlegs and learn the stage moves.
Mahatma

Post by Mahatma »

Such a load of bollocks.
AceyAintInCharge
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

PterCriss wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:58 pm
Your post had neither of those on display. You think your post are the shit but you offer nothing to the conversation again.
I noticed you have like four people that you go around picking arguments with constantly I agreed with somebody get over it
doombies
Banned

Post by doombies »

AceyAintInCharge wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:23 pm
I noticed you have like four people that you go around picking arguments with constantly I agreed with somebody get over it
Here we go with this bullshit again :roll:
badmachineogm
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by badmachineogm »

Mahatma wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:17 pm

Such a load of bollocks.
And that makes you the prick for pointing it out? Must be.
neiltracy00
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by neiltracy00 »

Planet Caravan wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:09 pm This thread is more "stunning proof" that Tommy should be fired immediately and this guy hired. He smokes Tommy.

I mean its all about the makeup & characters right? The players don't matter, right?

get a hearing test
EggFlip
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by EggFlip »

The whole reason Ace is great is for the same reason he wouldn't be let back in. Ace Is a rock star. Nothing about Ace is perfect but out of nowhere he pull of stuff he's not supposed to be able to do. You can not replace Ace with a musician it's like replacing Richard Pryor with an actor to do stand up. Its not even a debate in my opinion
Ikons

Post by Ikons »

Whenever someone calls the real Gene fat, show them this one.
battra
Might as well be the Admin!
Might as well be the Admin!

Post by battra »

lespaul wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:32 pm never seen any kiss tribute bands get Peter`s drumming style right..none ...
Oh, I think Kiss Army nailed the shoes in the dryer style of Peter Criss....
lespaul
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by lespaul »

battra wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:06 am
lespaul wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:32 pm never seen any kiss tribute bands get Peter`s drumming style right..none ...
Oh, I think Kiss Army nailed the shoes in the dryer style of Peter Criss....
well
Phyllis Simmons

Post by Phyllis Simmons »

Planet Caravan wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:09 pm This thread is more "stunning proof" that Tommy should be fired immediately and this guy hired. He smokes Tommy.

Agreed..
The Tribute band threads get a run every few months. A handful of Ace's are deemed very good, a handful of Genes..... Very rarely a Paul gets close (as Paul himself tells us)..

But with Tommy being simply an impersonator/ Tribute band player himself; the comparisons with his fellow Tribute band performers is easier.. And there's at least 3 or 4 guys that are better overall Ace impersonators than he is.. Val, Rudy... this guy here... They're better players than Tommy, better stage presence, they look more like Ace.. Way better in every respect..

Though I suspect Tommy will have a strong hand in choosing the Ace for 2.0, and he will probably end up being the 2.0 Road Manager, and as coach type role for them as well..
70skid

Post by 70skid »

What nonsense.
Kissologist
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Kissologist »

Hi I'm Witz wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:02 am He looks like he's paying tribute to Tommy Thayer paying tribute to Ace.
This :mrgreen:
PterCriss
Banned

Post by PterCriss »

AceyAintInCharge wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:23 pm
Nah - we are all having conversations back and forth.
Planet Caravan

Post by Planet Caravan »

neiltracy00 wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:03 am

get a hearing test
awww shucks, sorry for triggering you buddy.

Do you need to go to your EOTR safe space?

badmachineogm
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by badmachineogm »

70skid wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:49 am What nonsense.
Agreed. But what makes this greater nonsense than anything else discussed on this board? Just take a cursory glance at the subject lines in this forum. Somewhere along the lines of:

If the Demon and Barney the Dinosaur Got Into a Fight, Who’d Win? [Survey]

Which KISS Guitarist Had the Better August: Frehley 1979, Vincent 1983, Kulick 1990?

I Hate KISS 2019 and Still Spend Hours on the KISS FAQ Board.

It’s all nonsense, mate. Bollocks. And sometimes it’s fun to engage in it.
twigz
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by twigz »

Theres nothing "stunning" about a kiss tribute guy whos better than the original. Theres tons of them out there, but theyre not the originals, theyre not the ones who people grew up with or the ones people had hanging on their walls, and thats what people wanna see, warts and all.
Parallax1
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by Parallax1 »

Dude punches his effects pedals in platforms.
Ace would fall of the stage if he tried that.
MANOFSTEEL
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by MANOFSTEEL »

badmachineogm wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:34 am Another Saturday night, another KISS tribute band. Another Spaceman that absolutely smokes the original. Craig Jahns of KISSM evoked the tremulous power and tone of Ace like none other I’ve seen - including Frehley, himself, in recent decades. Practice, Ace. Practice and rehearse. It does a body good. It does an audience even better.2C78C3F6-C0A2-4308-87E5-85225B479004.jpeg8E94C848-0802-455B-9B21-794F70CD057F.jpeg850720E9-E702-4863-9D82-8861E023BD4A.jpeg
Dude. I thought he played great!! Very clean and note for note. The rest of the band wasn’t that good but that Craig really knows his shit!!
Carr Isma
Banned

Post by Carr Isma »

badmachineogm wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:34 am Another Saturday night, another KISS tribute band. Another Spaceman that absolutely smokes the original. Craig Jahns of KISSM evoked the tremulous power and tone of Ace like none other I’ve seen - including Frehley, himself, in recent decades. Practice, Ace. Practice and rehearse. It does a body good. It does an audience even better.2C78C3F6-C0A2-4308-87E5-85225B479004.jpeg8E94C848-0802-455B-9B21-794F70CD057F.jpeg850720E9-E702-4863-9D82-8861E023BD4A.jpeg
He looks like Black Ace from KMTP.