Rock & Brews

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Re: Rock & Brews

Post by nibbler1982 »

Nellcote71 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:17 pm
Bruce wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:57 am ... Rock & Brews is definitely my kind of dining experience!

I guess they weren’t too picky :lol:
There is absolutely nothing wrong with the talent in that lineup.

Don’t get me wrong, every day of the week can’t be Friday, that’s just built into the system. However...

Everyone in that queue deserves a chance to step up to the plate. :D
kissssman
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by kissssman »

There is one being built and scheduled to open in Oak Lawn, IL, in the suburbs south of Chicago. They say Spring of 2019 so it should be completed soon.
Seanjc
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Seanjc »

When Gene and Paul first announced this venture, I thought "Why?" There's nothing original about this concept as there's already two existing and wildly successful franchises that have covered this ground.

Gourmet burgers and brews? Red Robin.

Rock-themed restaurant serving pub food and alcohol? Hard Rock Cafe. Also HRCs feature actual music memorabilia from clothes to instruments. Does R&Bs feature similar decorations or just pictures of famous musicians on the wall?

Conquering territory already conquered by others. KISS in a nut shell.

I wonder if G&P really thought this was a great idea or if the other owners approached them and they decided to collect the licensing fees, take the money and run? Probably the latter.
elleneff
Banned

Post by elleneff »

Seanjc wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:00 pm When Gene and Paul first announced this venture, I thought "Why?" There's nothing original about this concept as there's already two existing and wildly successful franchises that have covered this ground.

Gourmet burgers and brews? Red Robin.

Rock-themed restaurant serving pub food and alcohol? Hard Rock Cafe. Also HRCs feature actual music memorabilia from clothes to instruments. Does R&Bs feature similar decorations or just pictures of famous musicians on the wall?

Conquering territory already conquered by others. KISS in a nut shell.

I wonder if G&P really thought this was a great idea or if the other owners approached them and they decided to collect the licensing fees, take the money and run? Probably the latter.
Pretty much this..........all of this..

If a second rate seen it before afterthought is your thing, great.

If I had to go to a celeb eatery, Sammy HAGARS Cabo Wabo is it. Loved it. Not selling Sammy, Its selling a lifestyle, tequila, great authentic food etc...
battra
Might as well be the Admin!

Post by battra »

elleneff wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:25 am If I had to go to a celeb eatery, Sammy HAGARS Cabo Wabo is it. Loved it. Not selling Sammy, Its selling a lifestyle, tequila, great authentic food etc...
We had one of those in STL (natch) for awhile....

I went once.

It was a'ight.
elleneff
Banned

Post by elleneff »

battra wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:35 am
elleneff wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:25 am If I had to go to a celeb eatery, Sammy HAGARS Cabo Wabo is it. Loved it. Not selling Sammy, Its selling a lifestyle, tequila, great authentic food etc...

I went once.

It was a'ight.
The tequila was/is great..... may have influenced the rest of the visit. But yeah, the cantina, the food, service, the alcohol, the beach bum lifestyle. Yeah. Dug it.
and Ill admit , I kinda loath hard rock, planet hollywood and themed eateries. Partly because the cynicism in hey look and eat next to items.
Cabo seems to be more happy accident and the lifestyle build slowly around that. Bet the VH brothers resent selling their interest eh? lol
battra

Post by battra »

elleneff wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:10 am
battra wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:35 am

I went once.

It was a'ight.
The tequila was/is great..... may have influenced the rest of the visit. But yeah, the cantina, the food, service, the alcohol, the beach bum lifestyle. Yeah. Dug it.
and Ill admit , I kinda loath hard rock, planet hollywood and themed eateries. Partly because the cynicism in hey look and eat next to items.
Cabo seems to be more happy accident and the lifestyle build slowly around that. Bet the VH brothers resent selling their interest eh? lol
I don't drink tequila, so I didn't indulge there. :)
Going Blind
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by Going Blind »

I have always been under the impression that Gene (who admits to being an ugly guy) thinks that all women are attracted to him and he is entitled to everyone of them simply because he is a rock star. In his mind he thinks his rock star status gives him some magical power over women, as in who could resist him? He really doesn't understand that he is not everything to every woman. In his narcissism, only his mother (because she gave birth to him), is special and exceptional.
His Majesty
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by His Majesty »

Potato Salad wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:51 am
elleneff wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:35 am
Ill edit to add, For a man that adores his mother, his wife and daughter, his treatment of women over the years has been at times baffling and appalling.
From the point of view that should anyone treated Flora (rest in peace) Shannon or Sophie in a manner he has treated a lot of women, ie as an item to be used and objectified, well......
It's way more common than you think. There are tons of guys out there where their mother is the only woman they respect.
Ed Gein?
Black Ace
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by Black Ace »

His Majesty wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:26 am
Potato Salad wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:51 am
elleneff wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:35 am
Ill edit to add, For a man that adores his mother, his wife and daughter, his treatment of women over the years has been at times baffling and appalling.
From the point of view that should anyone treated Flora (rest in peace) Shannon or Sophie in a manner he has treated a lot of women, ie as an item to be used and objectified, well......
It's way more common than you think. There are tons of guys out there where their mother is the only woman they respect.
Ed Gein?
Touché
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

Going Blind wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:21 am I have always been under the impression that Gene (who admits to being an ugly guy) thinks that all women are attracted to him and he is entitled to everyone of them simply because he is a rock star. In his mind he thinks his rock star status gives him some magical power over women, as in who could resist him? He really doesn't understand that he is not everything to every woman. In his narcissism, only his mother (because she gave birth to him), is special and exceptional.
It is PRECISELY his rock star status that gives him power over women.

Gene is average looking at best. Who knows what his real number is, but he’s been with PLENTY of women. We also know he’s been with two powerful A listers in Cher and Diana Ross. Gene Klein the data entry guy wouldn’t have been able to do any of the above.

Money alone can attract people. Stardom is an even more powerful drug.

Gene has both and have been quite effective his whole life.
Kloetenburger
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Kloetenburger »

Who could resist this guy

Attachments
image.jpeg
22nijuni
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by 22nijuni »

elleneff wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:30 am
metaldad wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:18 am
elleneff wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:03 am
metaldad wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:58 am
elleneff wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:36 am
Talktopete wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:56 pm
Nellcote71 wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:59 pm Winning...

Yeah...let’s have a restaurant endorsed by a fat, blood spitting musician - people will flock to eat there...
That wasn't very nice. And the one near me does very well and the food is delicious. It's always busy. And.... whatever. Alice Cooper has a restaurant too. A republican, Christian who sings about necrophilia and gets his head cut off on a nightly basis, oh and his restaurant is filled with golf memorabilia. And it does good business too. I bet you eat at Toby Keith's restaurant.
Does he really? Good business?
Because Cooperstown in Phoenix closed it doors after 18 years in 2017.

https://eu.azcentral.com/story/entertai ... 791107001/

https://www.tripadvisor.ie/Restaurant_R ... izona.html
Well it Was good business for 18 years😀
WELL, I had a good read through reviews and articles Just out of curiousity. It did good solid business for about 10 years. The area was vibrant during that period. There was a LOT ofn investment, Fox at the time has set up an animation studio via Don Bluth so there was a big influx of artistic and film talent to the area. It struggled for the last 8 or so. Clearly had minimal investment and coasted into decline. A cross section of reviews said the menu was tired, the place dusty and dirty and just very very tired.
I know when it first opened Alice had Dave Mustaine and Randy Johnson as investors
Maybe after they were no longer involved Alice didn’t want to foot the bill alone and let it ride until closing
Possibly. My reply was to really ask this TalktoPete guy where his facts came from because its decades old and way out of date.
Like me saying Tower Records is killing it (well the last remaining stores are in Dublin (theres 2) and other snide comments to try to make an point utterly uninformed.
We have several Tower Records in Tokyo.
Soylent Gene

Post by Soylent Gene »

nibbler1982 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:59 pm
Going Blind wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:21 am I have always been under the impression that Gene (who admits to being an ugly guy) thinks that all women are attracted to him and he is entitled to everyone of them simply because he is a rock star. In his mind he thinks his rock star status gives him some magical power over women, as in who could resist him? He really doesn't understand that he is not everything to every woman. In his narcissism, only his mother (because she gave birth to him), is special and exceptional.

Gene is average looking at best. Who knows what his real number is, but he’s been with PLENTY of women. We also know he’s been with two powerful A listers in Cher and Diana Ross. Gene Klein the data entry guy wouldn’t have been able to do any of the above.

Average looking?? He's ugly AF. It's all about the $$$
Crown Royal
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Crown Royal »

Six of them coming to Chicagoland. I know. Gene said so.
metaldad
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by metaldad »

Soylent Gene wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:50 am

Exactly
No Money = No Women for Gene
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

metaldad wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:52 pm

Exactly
While the money and fame go hand in hand I don’t think you guys are giving enough credit to how intoxicating fame is in and of itself.

Let’s make a lowest common denominator comparison.

Setting: Any old bar in Anytown, USA

Two ugly guys are in the bar. Both are regular schmoes that make
$56,516 a year (that’s what Google said).

One guy is playing up on stage (for free) in a band and the other is just a patron in the establishment.

Who has the better chance to score a date?
In the Suds

Post by In the Suds »

Google said what? The salary of your two made up guys in a bar? lol
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

In the Suds wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:49 pm Google said what? The salary of your two made up guys in a bar? lol
The story is about the power of wealth and fame. Some here have said it’s all about the money. I believe fame is just as intoxicating.

Since my story is about two ugly Joes with average means. I figured I might as well do a moments due diligence for accuracy. I have no clue what the average salary is in the U.S..

So I looked it up. You don’t know me by now? I’m all about accuracy.
Attachments
D6462CE2-7DAE-4FC1-B39A-E5978290BD32.jpeg
Crown Royal
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Crown Royal »

nibbler1982 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:33 pm I’m all about accuracy.
Well ,I've got some bad news, Bro Nibbly :(
Crown Royal
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Crown Royal »

nibbler1982 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:59 pm
metaldad wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:52 pm

Exactly
While the money and fame go hand in hand I don’t think you guys are giving enough credit to how intoxicating fame is in and of itself.

Let’s make a lowest common denominator comparison.

Setting: Any old bar in Anytown, USA

Two ugly guys are in the bar. Both are regular schmoes that make
$56,516 a year (that’s what Google said).

One guy is playing up on stage (for free) in a band and the other is just a patron in the establishment.

Who has the better chance to score a date?
There should be an option C: The Guy dressed up for Cosplay

That would make the answer much more easy

Oh, wait ...I thought the question was who "wouldn't" score a date.

Sorry.
redinthesky
A really important Kiss fan!
A really important Kiss fan!

Post by redinthesky »

haha that's why I laughed when Kiss took off the makeup and Paul told Hit Parader magazine, "We're good lookin' guys."

But yes all of us here have finally learned that incredible revelation that women are attracted to money and power/fame. The things you learn at the Faq!
scotty_rhoads
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by scotty_rhoads »

Yeah...let’s have a restaurant endorsed by a fat, blood spitting musician - people will flock to eat there...

theres hotels endorsed by a guy who said "grab em by the pussy" who also has went bankrupt 14 times
Nellcote71
Banned

Post by Nellcote71 »

scotty_rhoads wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:52 pm

theres hotels endorsed by a guy who said "grab em by the pussy" who also has went bankrupt 14 times
We’ve all said vulgar crap in private...
Spiritual_Chaos

Post by Spiritual_Chaos »

Nellcote71 wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:57 pm

I don't think the thing is soley what he said, but what he confessed to.

But on topic

So I guess these places are like any sports bar franchise but with rock legends on the walls? Is there anything KISS-focused in the place? Like a hamburger named after a song or whatever?
Talktopete
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by Talktopete »

Once I saw your icon, I knew the your post was going to be negative and mean spirited. Chill.
Crown Royal
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Crown Royal »

Offended by a guy who said "grab em by the pussy", but enamored with the guy who blew his wad all over an intern in the Oval Office.

Sounds about right.
scotty_rhoads
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by scotty_rhoads »

in private is in front of a camera?
Nellcote71
Banned

Post by Nellcote71 »

scotty_rhoads wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:30 pm

He was being secretly taped you fool - pls keep politics out of this
He was being secretly taped moron - pls keep politics out of the discussion...
scotty_rhoads
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by scotty_rhoads »

Nellcote71 wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:00 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

you're butt hurt so bad you started calling names.

you're big mad.
In the Suds

Post by In the Suds »

lol @ "secretly taped" - he was mic'd up for a TV appearance. What, he didn't see them put the mic on him?
elleneff
Banned

Post by elleneff »

No he wasn't. He was mic`d prior to recording.
and at the time , he wasn't a political candidate. so this is simply a matter of record from a non political era.
Gona
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by Gona »

Somebody here still whining about Trump saying something dirty about women?
In the message forum of a band singing songs like "Lick it up", "Uh, all night", "Burn bitch burn" etc.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Go Trump go!
Nellcote71
Banned

Post by Nellcote71 »

scotty_rhoads wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:47 pm

you're big mad.
Butt hurt? No...
I just thought you made a moronic comment.
A music forum is no place for politics - but if you’d like to talk about how Trump is going to obliterate the field in 2020, I’m all ears...
Vandelay Industries

Post by Vandelay Industries »

Nellcote71 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:36 am
scotty_rhoads wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:47 pm

you're big mad.
Butt hurt? No...
I just thought you made a moronic comment.
A music forum is no place for politics - but if you’d like to talk about how Trump is going to obliterate the field in 2020, I’m all ears...
I'm one of the ones who wasn't surprised he won....but given the opponent he beat, the chest-beating rings as hollow as Raiders fans shit-talking for beating the Jets.
battra

Post by battra »

nibbler1982 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:33 pm
In the Suds wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:49 pm Google said what? The salary of your two made up guys in a bar? lol
The story is about the power of wealth and fame. Some here have said it’s all about the money. I believe fame is just as intoxicating.

Since my story is about two ugly Joes with average means. I figured I might as well do a moments due diligence for accuracy. I have no clue what the average salary is in the U.S..

So I looked it up. You don’t know me by now? I’m all about accuracy.
That's household, not personal, but the principal is still the same.
battra

Post by battra »

In private...when you're wearing a microphone...being recorded?

No, I have never said anything that stupid. :)

I can pass along my interviews to you.

And I never, ever, ever, ever bragged about sexually assaulting women.

You?
battra

Post by battra »

In the Suds wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:14 pm lol @ "secretly taped" - he was mic'd up for a TV appearance. What, he didn't see them put the mic on him?
It was SUPER SECRET!

What's this on my tie?

A microphone, sir.

OK. It's not on right?
Nellcote71
Banned

Post by Nellcote71 »

battra wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:16 am

In private...when you're wearing a microphone...being recorded?

No, I have never said anything that stupid. :)

I can pass along my interviews to you.

And I never, ever, ever, ever bragged about sexually assaulting women.

You?
The scum that betrayed him got fired...and this “scandal” didn’t seem to hurt Trump, did it???
Ya know why??? The general public saw through this bullshit for what it was. You can continue to make mountain’s out of molehills if you like though...don’t worry - it’ll just be 4 more years or so...
Sverre054
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by Sverre054 »

elleneff wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:36 am
Talktopete wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:56 pm

That wasn't very nice. And the one near me does very well and the food is delicious. It's always busy. And.... whatever. Alice Cooper has a restaurant too. A republican, Christian who sings about necrophilia and gets his head cut off on a nightly basis, oh and his restaurant is filled with golf memorabilia. And it does good business too. I bet you eat at Toby Keith's restaurant.
Does he really? Good business?
Because Cooperstown in Phoenix closed it doors after 18 years in 2017.

https://eu.azcentral.com/story/entertai ... 791107001/

https://www.tripadvisor.ie/Restaurant_R ... izona.html

First time I ever went to PHX and was really excited to go to cooperstown. The day I flew in they suddenly closed down.
battra

Post by battra »

Nellcote71 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:53 pm The scum that betrayed him got fired...and this “scandal” didn’t seem to hurt Trump, did it???
Ya know why??? The general public saw through this bullshit for what it was. You can continue to make mountain’s out of molehills if you like though...don’t worry - it’ll just be 4 more years or so...
It didn't matter because people like you don't care about women.

He lustily described sexually assaulting a woman.

Billy was fired for taking part in it.
Nellcote71
Banned

Post by Nellcote71 »

battra wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:21 am
Nellcote71 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:53 pm The scum that betrayed him got fired...and this “scandal” didn’t seem to hurt Trump, did it???

I felt like he was referring to groupies myself...regardless - I don’t appreciate you insinuating you know how I feel about women. You actually have no friggin clue how I feel...but back to Kiss
battra

Post by battra »

Nellcote71 wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:20 pm

I felt like he was referring to groupies myself...regardless - I don’t appreciate you insinuating you know how I feel about women. You actually have no friggin clue how I feel...but back to Kiss
If you voted for Trump, after you heard him lustily describe pushing a woman up against a wall and kissing her without her consent, I know precisely how you feel about women.
Nellcote71
Banned

Post by Nellcote71 »

battra wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:04 pm
Nellcote71 wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:20 pm

If you voted for Trump, after you heard him lustily describe pushing a woman up against a wall and kissing her without her consent, I know precisely how you feel about women.
:salut:
kissssman
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by kissssman »

kissssman wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:54 pm There is one being built and scheduled to open in Oak Lawn, IL, in the suburbs south of Chicago. They say Spring of 2019 so it should be completed soon.
I'm told that this is no longer going to happen at this location and they pulled out of the development, for reasons unknown.
elleneff
Banned

Post by elleneff »

Rock n brews may be around much longer. G & P have distanced themselves from it for a reason.....
Aside from investor concerns.
And G& P weren’t investors. They were hired figureheads
Bruce
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Bruce »

I've not been, as yet, and was so looking forward to feasting on a hearty beakfast, there!

Mr. Speedo
Banned

Post by Mr. Speedo »

Gona wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:23 am Somebody here still whining about Trump saying something dirty about women?
In the message forum of a band singing songs like "Lick it up", "Uh, all night", "Burn bitch burn" etc.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Go Trump go!
Trump is trash. No member of KISS would get my vote for President.
John Henneberfer

Post by John Henneberfer »

Potato Salad wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:28 am
Soylent Gene wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:25 am
Doose wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:55 pm
Soylent Gene wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:19 pm Might have something to do with Gene's two separate Sexual Assault charges at two different Rock & Brews restaurants. Might not be the image the other partners wanted for their family restaurant chain.
Very, very good point. I didn't think about that. It may just be a temporary "hands off" approach (no pun intended) for a while.
In this day and age, I find it hard to believe anyone would want to associate their brand with someone like Gene Simmons. He's burned a lot of bridges with his big mouth and vile behavior towards women.
Gene's behavior and statements are the main reason people my age don't listen to KISS.
"Gene's behavior and statements are the main reason people my age don't listen to KISS.

Its a factor. That is all. Very few of the population are in to KISS.
Gona
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by Gona »

Mr. Speedo wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:15 pm
Gona wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:23 am Somebody here still whining about Trump saying something dirty about women?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Go Trump go!
Trump is trash. No member of KISS would get my vote for President.
Trump is the man!
From KISS, Gene would be the one to get my vote.