The ultimate KISS guitarist?

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
battra
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!

Re: The ultimate KISS guitarist?

Post by battra » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:25 am

BC Witch wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:23 am
LordThurisaz wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:06 am
Yes, because tons of people knew Vinnie used on two tours that struggled to fill up venues. :roll:
I really don't know what your issue is here? I'm not offering an opinion on who was most associated with the guitar when it came out, I'm simply saying what happened. RR designed it and used it for a few gigs (maybe even just one) before he tragically passed away. Grover Jackson approached Vinnie Vincent to play the guitar and launch it to the public which is what VV did. The first most people saw of the guitar around the world was when VV (in make up) was pictured with it in all the metal magazines and then used it in the Lick It Up video. It wasn't even a production model when Vinnie was using it, so therefore, AT THE TIME it was seen as the VV guitar.

Check out this piece in Kerrang! from the time where it says all this stuff...VV RR guitar Kerrang!.jpg
You've won, don't answer it anymore.

There's a lot of folks who in HINDSIGHT assume that since Randy is far more beloved and known now that he was THEN...

But that's just not the case.

ZachAttack
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by ZachAttack » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:45 am

Vinnie's eyes with Bruce's butt....now THAT'S the ultimate KISS guitarist am I right ladies?

LordThurisaz

Post by LordThurisaz » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:47 pm

More comedy: "There's a lot of folks who in HINDSIGHT assume that since Randy is far more beloved and known now that he was THEN..."

Wiped Out 78
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by Wiped Out 78 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:57 pm

When I think of Randy, I think of the cream colored Les Paul, and the Sandoval polka dot V. I get that he designed the Jackson RR, he just didn't get to play it that much before he died.

That being said, I don't think of it as a VV guitar, either.

BC Witch
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by BC Witch » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:39 pm

Wiped Out 78 wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:57 pm
When I think of Randy, I think of the cream colored Les Paul, and the Sandoval polka dot V. I get that he designed the Jackson RR, he just didn't get to play it that much before he died.

That being said, I don't think of it as a VV guitar, either.
I hear you on the Randy guitars! Totally agree. I believe that Randy's Les Paul was a 1974 model- the same as Ace's Cherry Sunburst. A good year!