KISS 2.0 - Who's ready / who will never be ready

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
HOFCity
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

KISS 2.0 - Who's ready / who will never be ready

Post by HOFCity »

I'm at least interested.

will it ever happen ? Only time will tell
Velvis
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Re: KISS 2.0 - Who's ready / who will never be ready

Post by Velvis »

Zero interest. I would rather see a normal tribute band at a reasonable cost, than an official one for $100+. In either case it will be a notch down from the real deal, why pay a premium for that.

and despite Paul saying to the contrary, a musical band who writes, creates. and performs music is not the same as a football team.

In addition, I would like new music, not new guys playing old songs.
PsychoElder

Post by PsychoElder »

I hope it never happens. Say no to KISS 2.0!
LUDIVINE
Banned

Post by LUDIVINE »

No, i will never be ready. When they retire it's the end for me. No interest in Kiss 2.0 I will have good memories.
Yiggity

Post by Yiggity »

I'm not interested but at some point, officially licensed tribute bands may be a thing. Eventually, all the Rolling Stones members will be dead [insert "clever" Keith Richards will outlive cockroaches remark here if you must] for instance and there will still be a demand for them. Put some money behind it, maybe a relative to one of the members and it might work. Rock concerts are changing anyway. They're much more family entertainment now and we have no idea how they will evolve. We also have holograms touring with at least some success?
In 50 years, maybe there will be official tributes for everyone since they'll all/most be dead. Why not a Beatles, a Motley Crue, a Zeppelin show to always go see that the owners of those bands/estates can oversee? It all seems very plausible but not in the forseeable future.
Velvis

Post by Velvis »

I think the difference is Kiss' music isnt in high regard with the general public. They would have to give the "KISS Live Experience" (bombs, pyro, etc.) to get people interested. Problem is it would cost to much to do that to make it profitable.

A band like The Beatles could easily have official tributes, maybe Zep as well. I dont see Crue being profitable, not enough interest.

I feel alot of times "diehards" have an attachment to the people in the band as well as the music.
LadySpace84
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by LadySpace84 »

LUDIVINE wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:14 pm No, i will never be ready. When they retire it's the end for me. No interest in Kiss 2.0 I will have good memories.
What you said!
Wiped Out 78

Post by Wiped Out 78 »

Bands end. It happens.

The Beatles have been done for 50 years, and my fandom remains unchanged.
Doose

Post by Doose »

I picture it being a Broadway-type show playing small theaters (1000-2500 seats) in multiple cities with different casts in each city. They'll have a great stage show, do the blood, do the fire breathing, have Paul's raps down, do the smoking guitar, do Beth, etc. Just like the Beatles have their tribute bands, but KISS' will be formalized productions controlled by KISS.
Starbandit74
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by Starbandit74 »

Not interested.

I already feel a little embarrassed to attend KISS tribute bands.

KISS has always been Paul and Gene to me. Probably because they were the front men, even with the originals, and obviously during the 80’s.

I like them and their voices and their stage presence.

When they leave, it’s over for me.
Den Dennis

Post by Den Dennis »

Never.
Yiggity

Post by Yiggity »

Doose wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:16 pm I picture it being a Broadway-type show playing small theaters (1000-2500 seats) in multiple cities with different casts in each city. They'll have a great stage show, do the blood, do the fire breathing, have Paul's raps down, do the smoking guitar, do Beth, etc. Just like the Beatles have their tribute bands, but KISS' will be formalized productions controlled by KISS.
Makes sense. As long as that could be profitable.
Doose

Post by Doose »

Yiggity wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:43 pm
Doose wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:16 pm I picture it being a Broadway-type show playing small theaters (1000-2500 seats) in multiple cities with different casts in each city. They'll have a great stage show, do the blood, do the fire breathing, have Paul's raps down, do the smoking guitar, do Beth, etc. Just like the Beatles have their tribute bands, but KISS' will be formalized productions controlled by KISS.
Makes sense. As long as that could be profitable.

Like the Beatles tribute bands, they could recreate different make-up eras of KISS - the 70s, the early 80s (with Eric and Vinnie), and then the Reunion era - so it really makes it a different experience.
pepperkitty
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by pepperkitty »

Nope.
HOFCity

Post by HOFCity »

I'm going to miss that anticipation and then first listen to new KISS music the most.

To be honest when I was convinced KISS wasn't going to record anymore that was ' the end ' for me not seeing them on the EOTR Tour - that was just me celebrating my final time enjoying a KISS concert but KISS wasn't about a concert to me.

It was and still is the music.

It hit me that most don't have this same passion when I attended my last KISS show.

People were watching the ' show ' while I was getting into the music ( feeling the music ).
Stan Stanley
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by Stan Stanley »

For a long time, I thought that they would turn KISS into a business that operates like this: Officially Licensed KISS 2.0 Bands all over the world with Tommy Thayer and Eric Singer overseeing quality control, branding and the overall experience. Now I think that they will be in charge of Hologram KISS 2.0 - this will allow them to create a unique experience like Doose says - different eras etc. This Hologram KISS 2.0 would then tour and tour until it has worn out it's welcome at which point they will retire it for about a decade or so and then bring it back out.
Black Ace

Post by Black Ace »

Only if it’s KISS the Musical.

The show must be the story of KISS, featuring the hits and choreographed dancing.

There has to be an interlude where Ace gives Peter a BJ.
Four-Who-Are-One

Post by Four-Who-Are-One »

Please vote here.

Oh, and I'd like to see them live on as comic and cartoon characters. Still waiting for that spinoff series from Scooby-Doo! and KISS.
B5Erik
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant
Location: www.VistaRecords.us & Vista Records Radio on YouTube

Post by B5Erik »

I'd rather it didn't happen, but IF the 2.0 band is truly great, then I could support them.

If they're merely decent and nothing special? Then they're nothing more than another tribute band.

The chances of this thing working (if they even attempt it) are pretty slim, but not impossible. Just unlikely.
kiss-1976
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by kiss-1976 »

Wiped Out 78 wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:03 pm Bands end. It happens.

The Beatles have been done for 50 years, and my fandom remains unchanged.
This ⬆️
stutterer

Post by stutterer »

They could assemble a mishmash tribute band from other tribute bands and plug them everywhere, maybe write new songs for them or at least put their names on Kiss 2.0 songs credits. They won't be spending too much time on them that's for sure.
brettjarrad
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by brettjarrad »

Kiss is 1 Paul 2 gene so sorry no
Kloetenburger
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Kloetenburger »

When it is over it is over. Who do they think they are? They are not really important or a band that changed the world. There's not that much demand for the real band (or what's left of it) who TF needs the 2.0 version? It's a ridiculous and delusional idea. Megalomania galore.
Kloetenburger
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Kloetenburger »

Black Ace wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:24 pm Only if it’s KISS the Musical.

The show must be the story of KISS, featuring the hits and choreographed dancing.

Then all of a sudden the real Paul Stanley appears out of nowhere, dressed in a shiney golden skirt and a shimmery golden sports bra singing "there's a child in a sundress looking at a rainy sky..."
Hi I'm Witz
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Hi I'm Witz »

God no. I couldnt take someone else continuing to yell out "peeeeeepole!! How we doin' so fah!!" or "we are just....getting....stahhhhhhhted!"

Now am I ready for it? No. And I will never support such an idea. I would probably watch some YouTube clips out of shear morbid curiosity but that's about it.
Hi I'm Witz
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Hi I'm Witz »

I think we can all agree on one thing. No matter who they get to play "The Starchild," hes' going to suck. Paul's voice is shot and God knows he annoys the fuck out of me sometimes on and off the stage, but the reality is he's the most important member of this band and the most indispensable. I have seen countless KISS tribute bands over the years and absolutely none of them have a front man that even comes close to being as good as Paul. By comparison, I've seen quite a few "Genes" that have ranged from excellent (Spiro) to really good. Peter would be fairly easy to replicate. Ace would probably be the 2nd toughest to replace but not impossible. However Paul's voice is truly one of a kind. I've never heard anyone else that sounds like him. Add to that, finding someone who looks and acts right in the makeup and you're practically searching for a unicorn.
Last edited by Hi I'm Witz on Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:07 am, edited 4 times in total.
Pete2174

Post by Pete2174 »

Unless they return to the UK after July of this year I’m out. 25 shows across the USA and Europe is fine for me. I have the records, the memories and the friends. Love the band dearly. The soundtrack to my life since I was a teenager.
Black Ace

Post by Black Ace »

Kloetenburger wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:23 am
Black Ace wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:24 pm Only if it’s KISS the Musical.

Then all of a sudden the real Paul Stanley appears out of nowhere, dressed in a shiney golden skirt and a shimmery golden sports bra singing "there's a child in a sundress looking at a rainy sky..."
Almost perfect 👌🏿 but you forgot the shimmery gold fanny pack.
Frehley's Vomit

Post by Frehley's Vomit »

B5Erik wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:40 amIf they're merely decent and nothing special? Then they're nothing more than another tribute band.
They will be four people who are not Kiss presenting Kiss' show and music, so they will be a tribute band whether they are decent or not.
Last edited by Frehley's Vomit on Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ack Attack
Banned

Post by Ack Attack »

I know of one gentleman who is ready.....
08F90659-9D8F-45FE-8533-FE5AD8DE5EA1.jpeg
Jkissfreak
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by Jkissfreak »

I don't really think that the slice of the pie would be big enough for the four new guys, if four great guys could be found. And to think mulitple versions for different markets is just silly. We already have KISS 2.0 now it has existed since 1980 with a brief hiatus from 1996 thru the first farewell tour.
star_paul12

Post by star_paul12 »

I have no interest. I just find the whole concepts of tribute bands to be terribly cheesy. That’s just me. I’ve been to a couple of different shows of them (a zep one and a Fleetwood one) and the entire time I was there I just kept thinking “this is so sad—for everyone” lol.
Vandelay Industries

Post by Vandelay Industries »

Kiss 2.0 will be a joke. Whoever is in the band wouldn't last long, because if they were actually any good, they'd be grossly underpaid.

Then again, they could just hire four stiffs for peanuts and recreate the EOTR era of Kiss..
Kloetenburger
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Kloetenburger »

Kiss tribute bands are notorious to be extra shitty. They are the worst. There is always something wrong. Always. Bad, wigs, cheap costumes, a short and stocky Paul, a giant Peter, an obese Ace, and of course nobody can sing like Paul could when he was still able to sing. Kiss tribute bands are embarrassing. All of them.
aceshigh
Banned

Post by aceshigh »

Kloetenburger wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:55 am Kiss tribute bands are notorious to be extra shitty. They are the worst. There is always something wrong. Always. Bad, wigs, cheap costumes, a short and stocky Paul, a giant Peter, an obese Ace, and of course nobody can sing like Paul could when he was still able to sing. Kiss tribute bands are embarrassing. All of them.
Especially the official one that is on the road now. All icing no more cake.
metaldad
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by metaldad »

For no more than $10 at a Ribfest
Eddie Van Hazel
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Eddie Van Hazel »

One of the cool things about KISS in the 70's was the mystique.
No one knew what they looked like. That was some of the fun.

With today's social media, there would be no mystery at all.

Not interested. When Gene and Paul say "see ya", I'm done too.
bassmansteiny

Post by bassmansteiny »

While I won't say I will never be ready, I seriously doubt I would have anything to do with a version of KISS without Gene or Paul. To me, they were there from the beginning and every version of the band since. I just don't see myself attending a concert from KISS that doesn't have Gene or Paul in it.
Soylent Gene

Post by Soylent Gene »

Hi I'm Witz wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:54 am I think we can all agree on one thing. No matter who they get to play "The Starchild," hes' going to suck. Paul's voice is shot and God knows he annoys the fuck out of me sometimes on and off the stage, but the reality is he's the most important member of this band and the most indispensable. I have seen countless KISS tribute bands over the years and absolutely none of them have a front man that even comes close to being as good as Paul. By comparison, I've seen quite a few "Genes" that have ranged from excellent (Spiro) to really good. Peter would be fairly easy to replicate. Ace would probably be the 2nd toughest to replace but not impossible. However Paul's voice is truly one of a kind. I've never heard anyone else that sounds like him. Add to that, finding someone who looks and acts right in the makeup and you're practically searching for a unicorn.
At this point, anything would be an UPGRADE.
PterCriss
Banned

Post by PterCriss »

Does anyone what to really see the small circus come to town or the real massive mega circus come to town?

Count me in on Kiss 2.0 being a success. Kiss EOR has proven that fans don't care if they sing or not but they do care about a show.

If done right Kiss 2.0 could be huge and one main reason why it will be huge. And that is almost all great touring acts will be retired in 10 years. As we get older who are we going to see in our 60's?

Kiss is the only band that can pull this off and they have 5-8 good tour themes to run with. Kiss 2.0 will be around.
PterCriss
Banned

Post by PterCriss »

Nick Simons and Evan Stanley will probably be two of the guys in Kiss 2.0 -

Soylent Gene

Post by Soylent Gene »

Truth is, KISS will continue after EOTR whether you like it or not. Doesn't matter who's in the band. It's always been about the show.
ManOf1000Faces
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by ManOf1000Faces »

Like I've said before, it'll be a hologram show.
Four-Who-Are-One

Post by Four-Who-Are-One »

PterCriss wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:37 pm Nick Simons and Evan Stanley will probably be two of the guys in Kiss 2.0 -
I'm still waiting for Nick to join The Doors like Gene tweeted years ago...

Better hurry up before any more of them die!
Tommyr
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Tommyr »

I couldn't care less. I don't like the current half a tribute act. It's a stupid idea anyway.
kenn.ace

Post by kenn.ace »

HOFCity wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:54 pm I'm at least interested.

will it ever happen ? Only time will tell
I am not interested in KISS 2.0
Easy Catman

Post by Easy Catman »

Not interested sorry when its done its done, I would probably pay to see a hologram show with the originals if it was done well. I would never go and see a tribute band so official or not, no way.
The Fox

Post by The Fox »

Velvis wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:02 pm Zero interest.
This.

I haven't had any interest in this version of Kiss since 2003 (for me Kiss ended with the poorly produced Symphony performance), so I definitely won't have any interest in a Kiss 2.0 or whatever they'll call it.
LoveGun77

Post by LoveGun77 »

I will never be ready IF they push it as Kiss.
Last edited by LoveGun77 on Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WI KISSfan

Post by WI KISSfan »

I've seen a couple KISS tribute acts and while they were fun, they weren't KISS.

I would put KISS 2.0 in that tribute category, so for a $15 cover in a local venue it might be fun but it would never be worth the ticket prices the actual KISS would command.