Rock & Brews

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
User avatar
Doose
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1077
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:15 pm
Location: San Francisco, CA

Rock & Brews

Post by Doose » Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:31 pm

You don't hear much about Rock & Brews these days. It's odd that Gene and Paul aren't listed on their "Executives" page either.

User avatar
KISSFACE
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 12807
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:48 pm

Re: Rock & Brews

Post by KISSFACE » Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:00 pm

Maybe they were bought out?

User avatar
ManOf1000Faces
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!
Posts: 544
Joined: Thu May 31, 2018 7:30 am
Location: PA

Re: Rock & Brews

Post by ManOf1000Faces » Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:50 pm

LA KISS 2.0?

Nellcote71
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1367
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:26 pm

Re: Rock & Brews

Post by Nellcote71 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:59 pm

Winning...



Yeah...let’s have a restaurant endorsed by a fat, blood spitting musician - people will flock to eat there...

Talktopete
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!
Posts: 574
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:50 pm

Re: Rock & Brews

Post by Talktopete » Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:56 pm

Nellcote71 wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:59 pm
Winning...



Yeah...let’s have a restaurant endorsed by a fat, blood spitting musician - people will flock to eat there...
That wasn't very nice. And the one near me does very well and the food is delicious. It's always busy. And.... whatever. Alice Cooper has a restaurant too. A republican, Christian who sings about necrophilia and gets his head cut off on a nightly basis, oh and his restaurant is filled with golf memorabilia. And it does good business too. I bet you eat at Toby Keith's restaurant.

User avatar
Potato Salad
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!
Posts: 485
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:35 am
Location: Oak Park, IL
Contact:

Re: Rock & Brews

Post by Potato Salad » Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:29 am

Nellcote71 wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:59 pm
Winning...



Yeah...let’s have a restaurant endorsed by a fat, blood spitting musician - people will flock to eat there...
That is a terrible argument.

User avatar
star_paul12
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 3153
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:38 pm
Location: Under Paul's 2001 wig

Re: Rock & Brews

Post by star_paul12 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:34 am

Who knows. Haven’t heard anything of it in a while which also includes anything bad. Any time I’m at an airport that has one they always seem to be busy. In my opinion R&B is probably the most lucrative, legitimate business venture gene/Paul have involved themselves with in years. It certainly beats GS tongue/Simmons money bag records~publishing/ weed, Stanley fashion lines, and kiss football.

Nellcote71
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1367
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:26 pm

Re: Rock & Brews

Post by Nellcote71 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:08 am

Talktopete wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:56 pm
Nellcote71 wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:59 pm
Winning...



Yeah...let’s have a restaurant endorsed by a fat, blood spitting musician - people will flock to eat there...
That wasn't very nice. And the one near me does very well and the food is delicious. It's always busy. And.... whatever. Alice Cooper has a restaurant too. A republican, Christian who sings about necrophilia and gets his head cut off on a nightly basis, oh and his restaurant is filled with golf memorabilia. And it does good business too. I bet you eat at Toby Keith's restaurant.
Heavy handed - my apologies...
A better way to say is I don’t feel mixing KISS with food is a successful business model

User avatar
elleneff
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 4994
Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:24 pm
Location: CusanoLand

Re: Rock & Brews

Post by elleneff » Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:36 am

Talktopete wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:56 pm
Nellcote71 wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:59 pm
Winning...



Yeah...let’s have a restaurant endorsed by a fat, blood spitting musician - people will flock to eat there...
That wasn't very nice. And the one near me does very well and the food is delicious. It's always busy. And.... whatever. Alice Cooper has a restaurant too. A republican, Christian who sings about necrophilia and gets his head cut off on a nightly basis, oh and his restaurant is filled with golf memorabilia. And it does good business too. I bet you eat at Toby Keith's restaurant.
Does he really? Good business?
Because Cooperstown in Phoenix closed it doors after 18 years in 2017.



https://eu.azcentral.com/story/entertai ... 791107001/

https://www.tripadvisor.ie/Restaurant_R ... izona.html

KlevelandKissFreak
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:23 pm

Re: Rock & Brews

Post by KlevelandKissFreak » Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:37 pm

I never understood the reasoning behind the KISS Coffeehouse at Myrtle Beach... I've lived in South Carolina 25 years and I never bothered checking it out. I had friends send pics when they went but I thought the coffeehouse was stupid.

User avatar
Doose
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1077
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:15 pm
Location: San Francisco, CA

Re: Rock & Brews

Post by Doose » Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:37 pm

KlevelandKissFreak wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:37 pm
I never understood the reasoning behind the KISS Coffeehouse at Myrtle Beach... I've lived in South Carolina 25 years and I never bothered checking it out. I had friends send pics when they went but I thought the coffeehouse was stupid.
I think the coffeehouse was some KISS fans who had the idea, and, of course, if they paid for everything to develop it, it made sense for Gene and Paul to give them a license and hope it was an idea that could be franchised. But you're right - KISS and coffee have zero connection, so why would it be interesting to anyone other than KISS fans? Now if Lohman's puts out a line of Vinnie Vincent Pantsuits, THAT'LL sell.

User avatar
gothunder
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 15896
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:07 am
Location: The Kiss Garage

Re: Rock & Brews

Post by gothunder » Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:29 pm

Silent partners(probably some how with NO risk). They put their names and faces on it to get it jump started(like the Coffee House) then took off and are watching checks come in. Mailbox money.

User avatar
Rockandrolloverman
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Posts: 8312
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 7:11 pm

Re: Rock & Brews

Post by Rockandrolloverman » Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:14 pm

The one in the St. Louis area seems to be doing very well every time we go there / it’s a great place to eat and the decor and theme makes for a very cool experience

User avatar
metaldad
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 13073
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:41 pm
Location: Rockin in the USA

Re: Rock & Brews

Post by metaldad » Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:37 am

They know nothing about running a Restaurant
They know nothing about running a Football Team
They know nothing about running a Magazine
They know nothing about Race cars
They know nothing about running a Coffee Shop
They Have Famous Names and Faces
It’s all free money for them until they jump ship

User avatar
mot$$33
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!
Posts: 34
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:26 am

Re: Rock & Brews

Post by mot$$33 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:50 am

elleneff wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:36 am
Talktopete wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:56 pm
Nellcote71 wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:59 pm
Winning...



Yeah...let’s have a restaurant endorsed by a fat, blood spitting musician - people will flock to eat there...
That wasn't very nice. And the one near me does very well and the food is delicious. It's always busy. And.... whatever. Alice Cooper has a restaurant too. A republican, Christian who sings about necrophilia and gets his head cut off on a nightly basis, oh and his restaurant is filled with golf memorabilia. And it does good business too. I bet you eat at Toby Keith's restaurant.
Does he really? Good business?
Because Cooperstown in Phoenix closed it doors after 18 years in 2017.



https://eu.azcentral.com/story/entertai ... 791107001/

https://www.tripadvisor.ie/Restaurant_R ... izona.html


I visited Cooperstown in 1999. It was awesome. Still have some souvenirs I bought there. It was part of the downtown Phoenix revitalization.

User avatar
metaldad
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 13073
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:41 pm
Location: Rockin in the USA

Re: Rock & Brews

Post by metaldad » Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:58 am

elleneff wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:36 am
Talktopete wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:56 pm
Nellcote71 wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:59 pm
Winning...



Yeah...let’s have a restaurant endorsed by a fat, blood spitting musician - people will flock to eat there...
That wasn't very nice. And the one near me does very well and the food is delicious. It's always busy. And.... whatever. Alice Cooper has a restaurant too. A republican, Christian who sings about necrophilia and gets his head cut off on a nightly basis, oh and his restaurant is filled with golf memorabilia. And it does good business too. I bet you eat at Toby Keith's restaurant.
Does he really? Good business?
Because Cooperstown in Phoenix closed it doors after 18 years in 2017.



https://eu.azcentral.com/story/entertai ... 791107001/

https://www.tripadvisor.ie/Restaurant_R ... izona.html
Well it Was good business for 18 years😀

User avatar
Doose
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1077
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:15 pm
Location: San Francisco, CA

Re: Rock & Brews

Post by Doose » Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:04 pm

Whatever happened to the KISS casino being built near the Oklahoma border?

https://www-1.kansas.com/entertainment/ ... 32255.html

Sounds like maybe there was an upheaval at R&B and a lot of things changed. No action on their Twitter account either since January.

User avatar
Soylent Gene
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!
Posts: 655
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:39 pm

Re: Rock & Brews

Post by Soylent Gene » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:19 pm

Might have something to do with Gene's two separate Sexual Assault charges at two different Rock & Brews restaurants. Might not be the image the other partners wanted for their family restaurant chain.

User avatar
Doose
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1077
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:15 pm
Location: San Francisco, CA

Re: Rock & Brews

Post by Doose » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:55 pm

Soylent Gene wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:19 pm
Might have something to do with Gene's two separate Sexual Assault charges at two different Rock & Brews restaurants. Might not be the image the other partners wanted for their family restaurant chain.
Very, very good point. I didn't think about that. It may just be a temporary "hands off" approach (no pun intended) for a while.

User avatar
elleneff
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 4994
Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:24 pm
Location: CusanoLand

Re: Rock & Brews

Post by elleneff » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:03 am

metaldad wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:58 am
elleneff wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:36 am
Talktopete wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:56 pm
Nellcote71 wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:59 pm
Winning...



Yeah...let’s have a restaurant endorsed by a fat, blood spitting musician - people will flock to eat there...
That wasn't very nice. And the one near me does very well and the food is delicious. It's always busy. And.... whatever. Alice Cooper has a restaurant too. A republican, Christian who sings about necrophilia and gets his head cut off on a nightly basis, oh and his restaurant is filled with golf memorabilia. And it does good business too. I bet you eat at Toby Keith's restaurant.
Does he really? Good business?
Because Cooperstown in Phoenix closed it doors after 18 years in 2017.



https://eu.azcentral.com/story/entertai ... 791107001/

https://www.tripadvisor.ie/Restaurant_R ... izona.html
Well it Was good business for 18 years😀
WELL, I had a good read through reviews and articles Just out of curiousity. It did good solid business for about 10 years. The area was vibrant during that period. There was a LOT of investment, Fox Studios at the time has set up an animation studio via Don Bluth so there was a big influx of artistic and film talent to the area at the time. I lived there at the time. It struggled for the last 8 or so. Clearly had minimal investment and coasted into decline. A cross section of reviews said the menu was tired, the place dusty and dirty and just very very tired.
Last edited by elleneff on Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
metaldad
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 13073
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:41 pm
Location: Rockin in the USA

Re: Rock & Brews

Post by metaldad » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:18 am

elleneff wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:03 am
metaldad wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:58 am
elleneff wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:36 am
Talktopete wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:56 pm
Nellcote71 wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:59 pm
Winning...



Yeah...let’s have a restaurant endorsed by a fat, blood spitting musician - people will flock to eat there...
That wasn't very nice. And the one near me does very well and the food is delicious. It's always busy. And.... whatever. Alice Cooper has a restaurant too. A republican, Christian who sings about necrophilia and gets his head cut off on a nightly basis, oh and his restaurant is filled with golf memorabilia. And it does good business too. I bet you eat at Toby Keith's restaurant.
Does he really? Good business?
Because Cooperstown in Phoenix closed it doors after 18 years in 2017.



https://eu.azcentral.com/story/entertai ... 791107001/

https://www.tripadvisor.ie/Restaurant_R ... izona.html
Well it Was good business for 18 years😀
WELL, I had a good read through reviews and articles Just out of curiousity. It did good solid business for about 10 years. The area was vibrant during that period. There was a LOT ofn investment, Fox at the time has set up an animation studio via Don Bluth so there was a big influx of artistic and film talent to the area. It struggled for the last 8 or so. Clearly had minimal investment and coasted into decline. A cross section of reviews said the menu was tired, the place dusty and dirty and just very very tired.
I know when it first opened Alice had Dave Mustaine and Randy Johnson as investors
Maybe after they were no longer involved Alice didn’t want to foot the bill alone and let it ride until closing

User avatar
Soylent Gene
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!
Posts: 655
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:39 pm

Re: Rock & Brews

Post by Soylent Gene » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:25 am

Doose wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:55 pm
Soylent Gene wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:19 pm
Might have something to do with Gene's two separate Sexual Assault charges at two different Rock & Brews restaurants. Might not be the image the other partners wanted for their family restaurant chain.
Very, very good point. I didn't think about that. It may just be a temporary "hands off" approach (no pun intended) for a while.
In this day and age, I find it hard to believe anyone would want to associate their brand with someone like Gene Simmons. He's burned a lot of bridges with his big mouth and vile behavior towards women.

User avatar
Potato Salad
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!
Posts: 485
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:35 am
Location: Oak Park, IL
Contact:

Re: Rock & Brews

Post by Potato Salad » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:28 am

Soylent Gene wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:25 am
Doose wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:55 pm
Soylent Gene wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:19 pm
Might have something to do with Gene's two separate Sexual Assault charges at two different Rock & Brews restaurants. Might not be the image the other partners wanted for their family restaurant chain.
Very, very good point. I didn't think about that. It may just be a temporary "hands off" approach (no pun intended) for a while.
In this day and age, I find it hard to believe anyone would want to associate their brand with someone like Gene Simmons. He's burned a lot of bridges with his big mouth and vile behavior towards women.
Gene's behavior and statements are the main reason people my age don't listen to KISS.

User avatar
elleneff
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 4994
Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:24 pm
Location: CusanoLand

Re: Rock & Brews

Post by elleneff » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:30 am

metaldad wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:18 am
elleneff wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:03 am
metaldad wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:58 am
elleneff wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:36 am
Talktopete wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:56 pm
Nellcote71 wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:59 pm
Winning...



Yeah...let’s have a restaurant endorsed by a fat, blood spitting musician - people will flock to eat there...
That wasn't very nice. And the one near me does very well and the food is delicious. It's always busy. And.... whatever. Alice Cooper has a restaurant too. A republican, Christian who sings about necrophilia and gets his head cut off on a nightly basis, oh and his restaurant is filled with golf memorabilia. And it does good business too. I bet you eat at Toby Keith's restaurant.
Does he really? Good business?
Because Cooperstown in Phoenix closed it doors after 18 years in 2017.



https://eu.azcentral.com/story/entertai ... 791107001/

https://www.tripadvisor.ie/Restaurant_R ... izona.html
Well it Was good business for 18 years😀
WELL, I had a good read through reviews and articles Just out of curiousity. It did good solid business for about 10 years. The area was vibrant during that period. There was a LOT ofn investment, Fox at the time has set up an animation studio via Don Bluth so there was a big influx of artistic and film talent to the area. It struggled for the last 8 or so. Clearly had minimal investment and coasted into decline. A cross section of reviews said the menu was tired, the place dusty and dirty and just very very tired.
I know when it first opened Alice had Dave Mustaine and Randy Johnson as investors
Maybe after they were no longer involved Alice didn’t want to foot the bill alone and let it ride until closing
Possibly. My reply was to really ask this TalktoPete guy where his facts came from because its decades old and way out of date.
Like me saying Tower Records is killing it (well the last remaining stores are in Dublin (theres 2) and other snide comments to try to make an point utterly uninformed.

User avatar
metaldad
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 13073
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:41 pm
Location: Rockin in the USA

Re: Rock & Brews

Post by metaldad » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:33 am

elleneff wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:30 am
metaldad wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:18 am
elleneff wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:03 am
metaldad wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:58 am
elleneff wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:36 am
Talktopete wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:56 pm
Nellcote71 wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:59 pm
Winning...



Yeah...let’s have a restaurant endorsed by a fat, blood spitting musician - people will flock to eat there...
That wasn't very nice. And the one near me does very well and the food is delicious. It's always busy. And.... whatever. Alice Cooper has a restaurant too. A republican, Christian who sings about necrophilia and gets his head cut off on a nightly basis, oh and his restaurant is filled with golf memorabilia. And it does good business too. I bet you eat at Toby Keith's restaurant.
Does he really? Good business?
Because Cooperstown in Phoenix closed it doors after 18 years in 2017.



https://eu.azcentral.com/story/entertai ... 791107001/

https://www.tripadvisor.ie/Restaurant_R ... izona.html
Well it Was good business for 18 years😀
WELL, I had a good read through reviews and articles Just out of curiousity. It did good solid business for about 10 years. The area was vibrant during that period. There was a LOT ofn investment, Fox at the time has set up an animation studio via Don Bluth so there was a big influx of artistic and film talent to the area. It struggled for the last 8 or so. Clearly had minimal investment and coasted into decline. A cross section of reviews said the menu was tired, the place dusty and dirty and just very very tired.
I know when it first opened Alice had Dave Mustaine and Randy Johnson as investors
Maybe after they were no longer involved Alice didn’t want to foot the bill alone and let it ride until closing
Possibly. My reply was to really ask this TalktoPete guy where his facts came from because its decades old and way out of date.
Like me saying Tower Records is killing it (well the last remaining stores are in Dublin (theres 2) and other snide comments to try to make an point utterly uninformed.
I completely understand 😀

User avatar
Soylent Gene
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!
Posts: 655
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:39 pm

Re: Rock & Brews

Post by Soylent Gene » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:33 am

Potato Salad wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:28 am
Soylent Gene wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:25 am
Doose wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:55 pm
Soylent Gene wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:19 pm
Might have something to do with Gene's two separate Sexual Assault charges at two different Rock & Brews restaurants. Might not be the image the other partners wanted for their family restaurant chain.
Very, very good point. I didn't think about that. It may just be a temporary "hands off" approach (no pun intended) for a while.
In this day and age, I find it hard to believe anyone would want to associate their brand with someone like Gene Simmons. He's burned a lot of bridges with his big mouth and vile behavior towards women.
Gene's behavior and statements are the main reason people my age don't listen to KISS.
Most women and most men who respect women would agree.

User avatar
Kissologist
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 11929
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:35 am

Re: Rock & Brews

Post by Kissologist » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:11 am

I hope to get to eat in one of those before they close

User avatar
elleneff
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 4994
Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:24 pm
Location: CusanoLand

Re: Rock & Brews

Post by elleneff » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:35 am

Soylent Gene wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:33 am
Potato Salad wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:28 am
Soylent Gene wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:25 am
Doose wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:55 pm
Soylent Gene wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:19 pm
Might have something to do with Gene's two separate Sexual Assault charges at two different Rock & Brews restaurants. Might not be the image the other partners wanted for their family restaurant chain.
Very, very good point. I didn't think about that. It may just be a temporary "hands off" approach (no pun intended) for a while.
In this day and age, I find it hard to believe anyone would want to associate their brand with someone like Gene Simmons. He's burned a lot of bridges with his big mouth and vile behavior towards women.
Gene's behavior and statements are the main reason people my age don't listen to KISS.
Most women and most men who respect women would agree.
THIS. very MUCH THIS.

Ill edit to add, For a man that adores his mother, his wife and daughter, his treatment of women over the years has been at times baffling and appalling.
From the point of view that should anyone treated Flora (rest in peace) Shannon or Sophie in a manner he has treated a lot of women, ie as an item to be used and objectified, well......
Last edited by elleneff on Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
elleneff
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 4994
Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:24 pm
Location: CusanoLand

Re: Rock & Brews

Post by elleneff » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:40 am

deleted duplicate post.
Last edited by elleneff on Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Fartbone
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 15419
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:09 pm
Location: Los Angeles Rules!!!

Re: Rock & Brews

Post by Fartbone » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:53 am

I enjoyed the one here in Downey CA.

User avatar
ZachAttack
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Posts: 1972
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:09 am
Location: Branvold's Head

Re: Rock & Brews

Post by ZachAttack » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:57 am

Potato Salad wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:28 am
Soylent Gene wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:25 am
Doose wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:55 pm
Soylent Gene wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:19 pm
Might have something to do with Gene's two separate Sexual Assault charges at two different Rock & Brews restaurants. Might not be the image the other partners wanted for their family restaurant chain.
Very, very good point. I didn't think about that. It may just be a temporary "hands off" approach (no pun intended) for a while.
In this day and age, I find it hard to believe anyone would want to associate their brand with someone like Gene Simmons. He's burned a lot of bridges with his big mouth and vile behavior towards women.
Gene's behavior and statements are the main reason people my age don't listen to KISS.
I think it's more to do with their terrible taste in music

User avatar
Potato Salad
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!
Posts: 485
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:35 am
Location: Oak Park, IL
Contact:

Re: Rock & Brews

Post by Potato Salad » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:11 am

ZachAttack wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:57 am
Potato Salad wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:28 am
Soylent Gene wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:25 am
Doose wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:55 pm
Soylent Gene wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:19 pm
Might have something to do with Gene's two separate Sexual Assault charges at two different Rock & Brews restaurants. Might not be the image the other partners wanted for their family restaurant chain.
Very, very good point. I didn't think about that. It may just be a temporary "hands off" approach (no pun intended) for a while.
In this day and age, I find it hard to believe anyone would want to associate their brand with someone like Gene Simmons. He's burned a lot of bridges with his big mouth and vile behavior towards women.
Gene's behavior and statements are the main reason people my age don't listen to KISS.
I think it's more to do with their terrible taste in music
That too, but there will always be a new wave of kids who listen to The Beatles, Nirvana, David Bowie, Led Zep, Pink Floyd, etc. Only KISS isn't part of that group anymore. KISS (Gene Simmons in particular) are singled out for 'ruining rock' by associating it with toys and merchandise, and Gene's statements about downloading music and suicide are really not a good look for the band. When he tried to trademark the devil horns, the entire metal community had a field day with Gene and said he was a disgrace to music. I am in the minority that enjoys his persona and sense of humor, but the average young person isn't going to touch their work with a ten foot pole because of this. It's had a seriously negative impact on the band's legacy, more so than lip syncing or post-reunion crap or anything like that.
Last edited by Potato Salad on Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
score2112
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!
Posts: 605
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:55 am
Location: Washington, DC

Re: Rock & Brews

Post by score2112 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:33 am

Been to the one on Orlando, and the food was quite good. Also a cool atmosphere with rock memorabilia and videos playing. Would go again for sure.

User avatar
Soylent Gene
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!
Posts: 655
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:39 pm

Re: Rock & Brews

Post by Soylent Gene » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:41 am

Potato Salad wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:11 am
ZachAttack wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:57 am
Potato Salad wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:28 am
Soylent Gene wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:25 am
Doose wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:55 pm
Soylent Gene wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:19 pm
Might have something to do with Gene's two separate Sexual Assault charges at two different Rock & Brews restaurants. Might not be the image the other partners wanted for their family restaurant chain.
Very, very good point. I didn't think about that. It may just be a temporary "hands off" approach (no pun intended) for a while.
In this day and age, I find it hard to believe anyone would want to associate their brand with someone like Gene Simmons. He's burned a lot of bridges with his big mouth and vile behavior towards women.
Gene's behavior and statements are the main reason people my age don't listen to KISS.
I think it's more to do with their terrible taste in music
That too, but there will always be a new wave of kids who listen to The Beatles, Nirvana, David Bowie, Led Zep, Pink Floyd, etc. Only KISS isn't part of that group anymore. KISS (Gene Simmons in particular) are singled out for 'ruining rock' by associating it with toys and merchandise, and Gene's statements about downloading music and suicide are really not a good look for the band. When he tried to trademark the devil horns, the entire metal community had a field day with Gene and said he was a disgrace to music. I am in the minority that enjoys his persona and sense of humor, but the average young person isn't going to touch their work with a ten foot pole because of this. It's had a seriously negative impact on the band's legacy, more so than lip syncing or post-reunion crap or anything like that.
How about when Gene said people with depression should go kill themselves.

User avatar
elleneff
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Posts: 4994
Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:24 pm
Location: CusanoLand

Re: Rock & Brews

Post by elleneff » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:12 am

Anyone tweeted either of them to ask are they still involved with RnB?

User avatar
redinthesky
Might as well be the Admin!
Might as well be the Admin!
Posts: 26003
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:17 am

Re: Rock & Brews

Post by redinthesky » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:55 am

star_paul12 wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:34 am
Who knows. Haven’t heard anything of it in a while which also includes anything bad. Any time I’m at an airport that has one they always seem to be busy. In my opinion R&B is probably the most lucrative, legitimate business venture gene/Paul have involved themselves with in years. It certainly beats GS tongue/Simmons money bag records~publishing/ weed, Stanley fashion lines, and kiss football.
That's also the impression I got, that's it's the best thing G&P have gotten involved in or started up. Not bad considering this list of failed celeb eateries --

https://www.thedailymeal.com/eat/16-fai ... estaurants

User avatar
battra
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Posts: 17634
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:30 pm
Location: St. Louis
Contact:

Re: Rock & Brews

Post by battra » Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:58 am

Rockandrolloverman wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:14 pm
The one in the St. Louis area seems to be doing very well every time we go there / it’s a great place to eat and the decor and theme makes for a very cool experience
I went there once and was less than impressed.

Let me clarify that...

It was not bad and I didn't walk out of there thinking I'd overpaid or anything like that. It's just nothing original or special. Then couple that with it being 30 miles west of my house at the very end of St. Louis County...(Note I live in the county of St. Louis City....long story.)

That particular area is having a worker shortage as well. The people who live there don't want the work, and the people who'll take those jobs can't get out there. We'll see what happens there, but the shortage is closing restaurants.

For me, ok food, but far away when I can support a hundred locally owned restaurants in my and the surrounding neighborhoods and not having to go to Chesterfield?

Yeah, I haven't been back.

User avatar
Aceydeucey
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!
Posts: 46
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:40 am

Re: Rock & Brews

Post by Aceydeucey » Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:42 pm

My wife and I ate at the Albuquerque one, food was great, after dinner sat and had drinks, fun atmosphere, if I remember right they let you bring your dog in and there is a menu and beer for the dogs. Lots of fun.

User avatar
Ace on Tom Snyder
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!
Posts: 77
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:09 pm

Re: Rock & Brews

Post by Ace on Tom Snyder » Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:05 pm

FWIW, 18 years is a phenomenal run for a restaurant, let alone a celebrity-owned restaurant.

User avatar
PassMeBy
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet
Posts: 153
Joined: Sun May 20, 2018 1:12 am
Location: Contentment, Maryland
Contact:

Re: Rock & Brews

Post by PassMeBy » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:27 pm

battra wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:58 am
Rockandrolloverman wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:14 pm
The one in the St. Louis area seems to be doing very well every time we go there / it’s a great place to eat and the decor and theme makes for a very cool experience
I went there once and was less than impressed.

Let me clarify that...

It was not bad and I didn't walk out of there thinking I'd overpaid or anything like that. It's just nothing original or special. Then couple that with it being 30 miles west of my house at the very end of St. Louis County...(Note I live in the county of St. Louis City....long story.)

That particular area is having a worker shortage as well. The people who live there don't want the work, and the people who'll take those jobs can't get out there. We'll see what happens there, but the shortage is closing restaurants.

For me, ok food, but far away when I can support a hundred locally owned restaurants in my and the surrounding neighborhoods and not having to go to Chesterfield?

Yeah, I haven't been back.
Sounds like you had far too high expectations for a Rock N' Roll themed sports bar.

Post Reply